Chapter 23

Let's not love again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Henry ah, what year is this?”

“2016. Appa, you slept for 2 days only, it wasn't that long.” Henry joked.

“Where is Kyuhyunnie?” Ryeowook asked worriedly.

“I rarely hear you call aboji like that. You two used to ignore each other.”

“Where is he?”

“He is in the ward next door, he is still unconscious from the surgery because he covered you with his body when the elevator fell. He had a few bone fractures here and there but other than that, the doc said that he should be ok after a few night's rest.” Henry explained.

“I want to see him...” Ryeowook removed the blanket above him immediately and got down from his bed. He almost fell at his weak legs but Henry managed to grab him at the upper arm.

“Appa... you just woke up, rest a bit more.”

“No... I must see Kyuhyun. Bring me to him.”

Step by step, Ryeowook dragged his feet to the ward next door. Tears filled his eyes when he saw his lover unconscious, with an oxygen mask over his face.

The petite man made his way to Kyuhyun's bedside and sat next to him.

“Kyuhyun ah, you promised that you will not let me go ever again. Wake up...” Ryeowook held his husband's slightly wrinkled hands tight.

Ryeowook's tears fell onto Kyuhyun's hand after he planted a kiss on it.

Henry although is bewildered that Ryeowook is so loving towards the man he used to complain so much about, is touched by the love.

“Pabo....” Kyuhyun finally spoke. Ryeowook's eyes widened and turned to his lover. Kyuhyun's eyes peeled open weakly and gave a smile.

“Kyuhyun ah, do you remember what happened to us?” Ryeowook asked. He is afraid that what he went through is just a dream. What if they actually did not travel back in time? What if it was all a dream and Kyuhyun still hates him? He have fallen too deeply for Kyuhyun again, he cannot endure being hated by him again.

Kyuhyun did not answer, he just looked at Ryeowook, expressionless.

Ryeowook waited and waited but there was no reply from him. He know... it must have been a dream... He slowly removed his hands from Kyuhyun's.

Before he moved away from his bedside, Kyuhyun grabbed his wrist and used his free hand to remove the oxygen mask from his face.

“Pabo... What happened to us? We fell in love again...” Kyuhyun gave an assuring smile.

“Ky...Kyuhyun ah...” Ryeowook bent down to hug his husband and cried like a baby.

“We had a long sweet dream together, Kim Ryeowook... Never leave me...” The weak man smiled at his lover.

“Yes... Of course. Forever...”

Ryeowook planted a kiss on Kyuhun's lips.

Kyuhyun continued staying in the hospital for the next two weeks while his husband took great care of him.

“Ryeowook ah, you know who made me in this state right?” The taller pointed to his bandaged leg.

“Yah, if it wasn't you who had an affair, would I be so angry to go into that elevator?”

“But I risked my life and covered you with my body, that's why you are safe. Come to think about it, I saved you with my life twice. Once in this elevator and the second, in the backstage. Kim Ryeowook, you need your entire life to compensate me.” Kyuhyun smirked.

“Can I even run away?” Ryeowook scoffed.

Just then, the hospital ward door opened and Henry entered. “Appa, aboji, you guys were so sweet and now you are bickering again.”

“Bickering? No, that's lover's fight.” Kyuhyun winked to his son.

“Sometimes I really wonder what happened during your coma, how did the two of you wake up being so in love? You used to hate each other.”

“We... had a great dream.” Kyuwook said together.

Life, on the surface, has not changed after returning back to real time. Henry is leading a sweet married life with Irene in an apartment 2 streets away from his parent's house. Kyuhyun continue working, sometimes coming back late, sometimes so busy that he is unable to speak to his lover for the entire day. Ryeowook continue being his house husband, whipping up meals that sometimes, no one eats.

But they both know that everything has changed. They no longer doubt their feelings for each other. Even if they are not by each other's side, they know that they belong to each other.

It's been 3 days since Ryeowook last saw Kyuhyun. The latter have not been returning home for dinner and those excess food have been wrapped and kept in the refrigerator. The petite man never asks about work so he doesn't know if the company is facing a crisis that his lover have to spend so much time out.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter