Chapter 2

Let's not love again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As usual, Kyuhyun was no longer beside him by the morning. Ryeowook woke up from bed to dress himself and pick up the clothes which his partner threw on the floor last night. His daily cleaning routine starts with cleaning the floor while waiting for the laundry to wash. By the time he hang up the wet clothes, it's time to iron Kyuhyun's business suits. Now that Henry is married and will be moving out, Ryeowook has less clothes to iron.

As Ryeowook was ironing Kyuhyun's white shirt, something caught his eye. A lipstick mark.

He held the shirt nearer to him to scrutinize the pink mark, it is at the collar.

It isn't the first time Ryeowook saw such signs of infidelity on Kyuhyun's belongings. Lipstick marks are the most common. He once found a ear ring in Kyuhyun's pocket.

At first, because of trust, Ryeowook believed that his lover would not be unfaithful to him. But when such things become more common, he start to believe that Kyuhyun was probably having an affair. He became afraid to confront him, afraid that it would lead to a divorce.

With clenched fist, Ryeowook put the shirt back into the washing machine again to try wash off the stain.

He changed into his outdoor attire and covered himself in a beige trench coat for the cold weather.

Ryeowook went to the market to grab some groceries. Even if Kyuhyun is rich now, Ryeowook has never thought of asking for a helper at home since it was his greatest pleasure to cook for his loved ones. But Kyuhyun have not been coming home for dinner very often.

Today is different. He should know to come back. It's their 30th wedding anniversay. The day they registered their marriage despite the objection of their parents.

“Henry appa!” A lady called to the petite man.

“Annyeong Sooyoung omma.” Ryeowook may be in his late 40s but his smile is still so sweet that the neighbourhood ahjummas call him the cutie behind his back.

“What are you cooking for dinner tonight? I see that you bought steak. Special occasion?” She asked.

Ryeowook nodded, “Wedding anniversary.”

“Wow... how long has it been?”

“30 years.” Ryeowook blushed.

“You must have married young, you still look young! I saw your husband once, he is very handsome and I heard that he is good at making money, unlike my husband. Look at the big house you are living in. You must be very happy to have such a husband,”

Ryeowook faked a smile since he know that he isn't as happy as she said.

“Yeobo...” Another middleaged man came to put his arm around Sooyoung omma and helped his wife carry the basket in her hands.

“Henry appa, this is my husband. We will get going. Enjoy your night!” She said cheekily at Ryeowook.

Watching the couple leave, Ryeowook cannot help but recall that Kyuhyun has never once helped him in the supermarket, never have he once did grocery shopping with him.

What have we done together all this time? Ryeowook asked himself.

Ryeowook prepared Kyuhyun's favorite dishes and even set up the candle light for romantice ambience. He changed into his best suit and sprayed the colonge which the latter once praised.

The petite man sat at the dining table excitedly as he waited for Kyuhyun's return.

7pm...

8pm....

9pm....

Ryeowook found himself dozing off at the table. He l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter