Finally, together once more

Love from tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  "This is unacceptable!" The king's voice rang throughout the hall as the guards jumped in shock since it was a rare occasion that the king ever shouts like that. When he gives unpleasant orders he always held a calm demeanour. Not today though, he seems to have lost his temper now.

  "What's so bad about Taekwoon that you can't let me be together with him?! I love him, father!" Hakyeon can't control the frustration he had been hiding for so long in his voice. Now that he remembered everything, even the ugly situations that always just occurred just because of Taekwoon alone, he had assured his best friend that he'll convince his father to allow them to be with each other. Taekwoon had hesitated for so long, and the chance was so slim, but the thought of him being together with Hakyeon overcame all the worries. If they can't be together, they'll still find a way through.

  "You'd even agree that I had a ball that allows every men and women to be in! No matter royalty or commoner! So what's the damn problem!?"

  "HIS MOTHER IS A WITCH! I CAN'T RISK MY KINGDOM GETTING HARMED!"

  Silence overtook the hall, only filled with the harsh panting of a stressed out ruler and his son, who seemed to be processing everything he's saying at the moment. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?!" 

  "You were only a child back then! I know if I had told you sooner you'd not hesitate to try slaughter that witch on your own if it meant being with Taekwoon. You were young and reckless at that time, and certainly not skilled enough to take down that witch by your own! Even if I did send several guards to fight it with you, she'd still have the upper hand. I can't risk losing my one and only son and next ruler!" By the time his father was done with his speech, he was standing a few centimetres face to face with Hakyeon, and not on his throne where he was sitting originally. By the look of grief in the king's eyes, he knew that he was just trying to protect his child and the kingdom, and it warms Hakyeon' heart knowing that. Still, he needs to make things clear with his father.

  "We've slain the witch already, father. She wasn't Taekwoon's real mother, but his cruel stepmother who only caused misery to Taekwoon, even her own children!" The king turned his head to look at Hakyeon, whose eyes showed pure sincerity and concern. He must have really loved the boy.

  "But I still don't know whether to trust him," his father stated, and suddenly another voice shouted, "I am

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter