Chapter Five

A Second Chance To Love Again

Lying in bed, Tiffany shot up all a sudden from the pillow in fear, covered in sweat and breathing heavily,  images of her dream flashed through her head, this was the seventh time this week she had the exact same dream, however the funny thing is she does not remember all of the dream.The only thing she remembers is a particular scene where she is tied to an operating table screaming on top of her lungs, she remembers seeing a doctor dressed in all black coming closer to her with a sharp knife used to cut open a body, as soon as the doctor is about to stab her in the heart she always wakes up, but the only difference was that is that in this dream tthe knife was inches away from her heart. Was this dream telling her something?. 

Unable to fall back to sleep, Tiffany lazily sat up and rested her back on headboard and reached for her phone located on the bed side table, looking at the time which was only 7:00am, today was her day of and she planning to catch up on sleep but that plan has gone down the drain. Looking to left she was disappointed to find the space empty. 

 

"Must have left for work early." She said to herself. "Surprise that Yuri even got up early considering they went bed late last night." Tiffany let out a small chuckle thinking back to what happened yesterday, until the the ringing of her phone snapped Tiffany out of thoughts, pressing the answer button, Yuri's voice spoke through the phone. 

 

" Hi Tiffany sorry to wake you on your day of, but I left my blue folder on the dinning table could you please drop it of to the office I have a meeting in half an hour." 

 

"Again, but anyways I'll see you in a short while." With that said Tiffany hung up the phone and went to get ready, it didn't take long for Tiffany to get ready, a pair comfortable joggers and trainers were perfect for her. 

 

Whilst driving to Yuri's building her phone started to vibrate signalling a text has come through. Tiffany knew not to text and drive but what if this was an important text. Looking at the phone for a spit second was all she need when her car ran over the red lights and huge coach rammed into the side of the car. The Strong impact caused Tiffany's car to roll over several times, glass breaking at the same time. When it finally came to a stop her head hit the hard concrete road. Everything around her went silent the only sound she could hear was the screeching sound in her ears, slowly crawling out the window of the car, dizziness and fatigue started to take over her, she could see several people running towards her direction before she collapsed inches away from the wrecked vehicle. 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Several hours later Tiffany tiredly opened her eyes. The accident was still fresh in her mind every single second still playing in her mind. Even though she was  put on drugs to prevent the pain, her body still could feel the most unbearable pain shooting though her bruised body. Looking around the familiar room where she would usually treat her patients, it felt weird now being the one lying on the single hospital bed with wires glued all her body and being hooked onto several machines. 

 

It did not take long for the door to her room to slowly open and one of the doctors to walk in. 

 

" Thank the havens your awake, for a while I thought we had call your princesses to wake you up from your slumber." The doctor joked attempting to lighten the mood. 

 

" How bad is it doctor." Tiffany asked, a sickening feeling ran through her stomach when she noticed the worried look the doctor gave her and how the doctors body tensed when she asked the questions. 


" The internal bleeding is pretty bad, we are preparing for surgery, but once we stop the bleeding you will be fine like the incident never happened." The doctor reassured. But Tiffany was not stupid she was doctor herself  and knew a accident like hers leads to serious damage. Even if she did survive she would be emotionally scared and even lose the confidence to drive.  

 

 "What are my chances of survival." 

 

" There is a fifthy percent chance you will survive and fifthy you will not----I'm sorry." 

 

" The operating room is ready, Tiffany are you ready." Another doctor came into the room interrupting the conversation.  

 

"Yuri, where's Yuri." Tiffany started to panic, she needed to see her girlfriend before going into the operation room, from experience she knew that many do not leave the operating room alive. 

 

" We tried to get hold of her all morning the phone keeps going to voice mail." The doctor replied. " And we can't delay the operation any further Tiffany." 

 

" Okay, but can you do me a favour in case I don't survive." Tiffany asked, both doctors nodded and listened to Tiffany's wishes, both feeling sympathy for Tiffany, but smiled at her last wish, only someone like Tiffany would wish this.