Chapter Four

A Second Chance To Love Again

Ever since Jessica was a little girl her grandma always told her that every human being, animal and plant has a purpose on this earth. Plants provide humans, and animals oxygen, provide food, medicine and fuel. Plants provide humans with Wood for buildings, clothing and chemicals. Animals help feel other animals, some are to be predators, and keep the ecosystem balanced. And humans all have a different purpose, some have the purpose to change the world, whilst others work in average jobs. But what is her purpose, what life does someone with a terrible heart condition have,she can't get a job because most of her life is spend laying in a hospital, which Jessica has classes as her second home since she was little , she couldn't join in games that other children her age where playing which prevented her from making friends. So what was her purpose. 

A life where your living in fear of dying is no life at all, everyday Jessica worries when the angle of death is going to take her soul away, is it tomorrow, will it be today or in the next hour. She wasn't stupid and knew that she was on her death bed and her chances of survival were very slim. But one things that prevents her from having suicidal thoughts or overdosing on the pills secretly hidden in her room is her grandma. Her grandma has been her guardian, her mum from day one, she stuck with her through thick and thin when others including her cold hearted father who  left her after the death of her mother, giving the excuse that he cannot no longer look after Jessica and abandoned her to enjoy the rest of his life without a burden.  But her grandma was an angel sent from God to take care of her, Jessica wasn't an easy child to look after, but what ever Jessica did and the struggles she put her grandma through, the women still looked at her with loving eyes and respected her decisions.

Lost in her own world of thoughts, Jessica's didn't realise someone had walked in until they coughed signalling of their presence.

"Sorry doctor I didn't hear you come in." Jessica apologised, her voice was very weak, in fact her whole body was very weak as it was preparing to shut of. 

"You must be thinking about something very important I have been standing her for ten minutes." Tiffany said and put on a fake smile, hiding her sandness and worry for Jessica. 

"No nothing important, just want by life would be like if I was normal___What ever normal is. Doctor do you think I will live ." Jessica asked. Part of her wanted to know the answer, but the other part didn't. 

"Yes, I will make sure you do, even if I have to give my heart." Tiffany replied, she wanted Jessica to have hope." Now come on you need to rest if your going to have the operation soon." Tiffany said whilst pulling the covers about Jessica's shoulders. 

" But their are no heart donors."

" Be patient and sleep." Tiffany ordered. Before she stepped out of the room Jessica spoke again. 

" Doctor I'm glad to have met you. Thank you." She said. Tiffany smiled and left the room before Jessica could see her sadness and the tears that where threatening to fall. When Tiffany finally had the strengths to continue her duties she left the ladies bathroom and went into the staff lounge. 

" Any look with finding a donor ." She asked Teayeon one of the senior doctors. The senior doctor just shook head. 

" I've been trying all week no results." 

"How long does she have left." Tiffany said. 

"A  few days, and if she's lucky a week, her heart is failuring quicker than expected and there is nothing we can do unless a donar is available." The Teayeon replied. Whilst the two doctors where busy in their conversation they didn't notice someone was listening to their entire conversation until Tiffany turned to leave when she noticed Jessica's grandma stood near the door. 

"I'm sorry we tried." Tiffany apologised and moved to the old women knowing she heard them, the women gave the two doctors a knowing look.    

"It's fine you tried and I really appreciate it, but I know that God isn't going to take my granddaughter from me yet." The  women began." I'm still going to hope that a donar comes along soon. " 

" Me too." The two doctors thought.