Chapter three

A Second Chance To Love Again

Six months later

"One, two, three, four " Yuri counted as she did her morning push ups, as she was about to give up Tiffany came outside. " Ninety Nine and one hundred."

"Babe there has been an emergency as the hospital and they need me ASAP." Tiffany said whilst rushing to her car. " Also I might be a little late for dinner." She added before climbing into the drivers seat.

"What, wait, wait." Yuri got up and rushed to the car, Tiffany rolled down the window. " its Sunday, your suppose to spend the day with me."

"Sorry babe, you have to understand my duty as a doctor and patients come first." Tiffany apologised. She did feel a little guilty as Sunday's where her and Yuri's day, especially as these few weeks their schedule has started to become packed and it was very difficult for the couple to spend as much time during the week days.

" I understand, but before you go." Yuri bent down and gave her girlfriend a quick peck on the cheek. " For good look."

" Bye." Tiffany said and started the car." I love you." and drove of.

" love you too." Yuri yelled.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even though everything around Jessica was blurry she could see white everywhere, from the walls to the uniform the staff wore. But one thing she could  clearly make out was their worried facial expression of the doctors as they look at her whilst wheeling her to a room matching the same colour as the rest of the hospital. Jessica desperately tried to stay a wake as she feared once she closes her eyes they would never open again.

" What's the situation doctor." Tiffany asked her colleague.

" We cannot say at the moment, but so far it is not looking good." Is all Jessica heard before sleep finally won over her body.

"Her arteries are blocked and the hearts not pumping enough blood around her body." The doctor paused for a second , her face clearly showed worry. " If we do not get a heart donor as soon as possible we are going to lose her."

" Thats one think I am worry about, no ones donating." Tiffany said whilst looking at the sleeping figure with pity. " So young, yet such a short life she will have____, We can't give up, not yet. Take her to intensive care and keep me updated." Tiffany ordered, she was not going to give up on the girl until it is confirmed that she has no chance of survival.

Leaving the room Tiffany made her way to her favourite ward,the children's ward. As soon as Tiffany opened the door the children jumped out of the beds and ran up to Tiffany, giving her a hug.

" Hello children." Tiffany greeted

" Hello doctor." The children shouted at the same time. Tiffany made her way to a child who was  sadly suffering from cancer.

" How are you honey." Tiffany said whilst checking the child and making sure everything is in order.

" I'm fine doctor, we made something for you." The child said shyly and handed Tiffany a card.

" To the best teacher in the world." Tiffany read, " Honey I'm not your teacher, I'm your doctor. "

" But your like a teacher to us, you read us story's, help me with my writing and maths and you look after us." Another child interrupted, every word the child said touched Tiffany's heart, she loved these children as they were her own.

"Awe how sweet, I have a surprise for you all__ chocolates." When Tiffany said the word chocolates, the children cheered happily. 

"Say thank you everyone."

"Thank you doctor." The children replied.

Tiffany left the children's ward and made her was to the intensive care ward where she was suppose to be on shift today. After checking each patient she came to Jessica, who wasn't alone. An elderly women, probably her grandmother sat next to Jessica whispering to the unconscious body.

" Sweetly please don't leave me like you mother, and father did." The elderly wow men cried. Moving closer to the old women, Tiffany put her hand on the women's shoulder for comfort.

" We are going to do our best and make sure Jessica is better." Tiffany reassured the women. " I'm going to do everything in my power and find a donor." And that was a promise.

"Thank you doctor , I just want my granddaughter to experience happiness just for once in her life she deserves happiness which Jessica has never experienced. " the women began.

" She will experience happiness." Tiffany said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a very emotional day all Tiffany wanted to do was cuddle into bed with her girlfriend and watch a movie, however instead she come home to the screaming on the smoke alarm which echoed throughout the building, quickly walking into the kitchen she found the source that set of the fire alarm, Yuri. Who was currently running around the kitchen in panic.

" What's burning." Tiffany asked, Yuri pointed at the microwave. 

" Seriously, you put steel in the microwave." Anger was taking over her body and it was very rare for Tiffany to get angry.

" I just wanted to cook you something special." Yuri quickly said, hoping her sweet words would calm down Tiffany down which worked. ' thank goodness' she thought.

" What if there where children in the house?, You cannot make little mistakes this this especially when we adopt babe, anyways lets go out for dinner my treat and your money."

" Sometimes I think to myself that your only dating me for my money." Yuri joked.

" Maybe."