Chapter 9

You're who now?

Nari's POV:

My heart started to beat faster as I took my first steps into Woolim university. This place was like a castle. As soon as I walked in, my mouth dropped. The entrance was this huge lobby with ceilings so high, it looked like it'd never end. Plus, the chandelier was gigantic as well. The walls were painted blue with gold details on the edging, representing the school colors. The seats were made out of the softest material I've ever felt and the floors were squeaky clean. I feel like I'm in a mansion, not a school. 

After my sightseeing, I headed to the front desk where a lady handed me a school map. Although it was suppose to help me find my way around, it really didn't make things easier. There were so many rooms and floors, everything looked confusing. I'm gonna be lost for months. 

I eventually gave up trying to figure the map out and headed where my feet took me. I saw a few of my classrooms as I walked the halls and saw many students. Many students. There must of been thousands of guys that attended this school. I was also starting to get nervous because they were all taller than me, by a lot. I'm 5'6, which is average for a female, not too tall but not too short. Key word: female. All these guys were trees, I swear.

While I continued my journey around the school, I passed this outside courtyard with a mini lake and the lunch room. I then went up to the second floor and checked the rooms there. I then proceeded to the third floor and searched that floor. There was also a fourth floor, but my legs are getting tired and all the dorms are on the first floor. Plus, I still have my suitcase with me. Not the smartest idea walking up all these stairs, Nari.

So I returned to the first floor, after much struggling, with my legs feeling like jelly. Damn, track didn't prepare me for this.

I pulled out my map again, trying to figure out where my dorm room is, but I can't read this map for my life. I must have gone through the same halls 10 times already, not once seeing my dorm. Before I lose my mind, I went up to a student talking to his friends, I suppose. He looks friendly enough and seems to know the school. Hopefully he can show me where my dorm room is. 

"Um, excuse me, do you know where dorm room B14 is?"

The boy stopped talking with his friends to face me. And my god, was this man gorgeous. He had his hair styled up and was black. He was really tall, like really really tall. He smiled at me. Oh god, his teeth are perfectly white and straight. He also has dimples. Can a guy get more perfect? 

"New here huh? Room B14 is down this hall and to the left. Go all the way down the hall and make a right and then another left. Should lead you where you need to go." 

I didn't say anything and continued staring at him, like a creep. Then I realized I was supposed to be a guy not a girl. Guy or girl, I'm looking like a creep. 

"U-um, thanks." 

"No problem. I'm Chanyeol by the way" he handed his hand out to shake mine.

"Nice to meet you Chanyeol" I said to him while I shook his hand. Man, even his hands are soft.

"So what's your name?" 

I can't believe I couldn't even answer a simple question like that. How could I forget to change my name or think of another boy name? I can't tell him my real name, it's obviously a girl name. Wait, my aunt had to change my name in order to enroll me into the school right? And she didn't bother to tell me!!!

"U-um it's uhh" 

I didn't know what to do. I don't want to just say a random name and have it be different from what my aunt told the school. Ahh, what do I do.

"What, can't remember your own name?" He laughed at me.

"I'll tell you if I see you again!" I said really quickly and ran off before he had the chance to say anything. I pulled out my phone and texted my aunt what the heck my name was now. It took me like 5 minutes just to send her a simple text. I really need to study this phone tonight. 

She replied within a minute or two. "Hehe sorry, I just gave you your brothers name." 

Alright. Easy enough. 

I followed the way Chanyeol had told me to go and sure enough I arrived at room B14. I opened the door and walked into my dorm. And boy, was it huge. The room had a living room area with a tv hung up on the wall, with couches and a table, decorated nicely with the school colors. Next to the living space was a mini kitchen, with a brand new fridge and stove, with a little seating area. I walked to the left and saw the sleeping area. There were 4 bunk beds, the beds being quite big in size and desks with chairs next to them. In front of the beds were two doors, separated by a huge closet. The doors led to two bathrooms with double sinks, a soaker tub, and a shower. 

Just as I was walking out of the bathrooms, the rest of my roommates started walking in as well. 7 of them walked in, talking and laughing with each other. Great, looks like there all friends and I'm the odd one out. 

I was about to go up and greet them, until I saw who them was. 

Why does the world hate me?

Out of all the people, that Woohyun guy and his group had to be my roommates. I wonder if I punch myself hard enough, I'll wake up in my room again with Jimin. 

"Hey, are you our other roommate?" One of them asked me. I think he was the one called Dongwoo but I'm not to sure. 

"Yea, I'm guessing your the rest."

"Yeah. What's your name?" One with small eyes asked me. 

"Na- Uhm I'm Jimin."

"Nice to meet you Jimin" Dongwoo said. 

I stood there expecting themselves to introduce themselves to me, but it never came. They started claiming the bunk beds they wanted. 

"Well okay then" I whispered to myself. 

I went to got put my stuff on one of the top bunks. I always like the top bunk because I always had this weird fear that if I was on the bottom, the top bunk would collapse on top of me. I wouldn't get crushed if I was the one on top right? Yea, I'm weird. 

I was about to put stuff on the top until that mysterious guy basically shoved my stuff away and put his on the bed. 

"Top is mine" he said coldly to me. 

Damn. Well then. I didn't want the top anyway. 

I took my stuff and moved to a different bunk set. I got stuck with the bottom bunk. That jerk. 

"Don't mind him, he always cold to people don't take it personally" the guy who is going to sleep above me said. 

I turned back to the guy who stole my spot and observed what he looked liked. He was handsome alright with his black hair styled down and his sharp jawline. But he was a jerk. So I instantly started to dislike him. 

"I'm Dongwoo by the way" he stuck his hand out for him to shake. I shook his hand and smiled a little at him. At least he seems nice. 

"Jimin."

"Yea, I know" he laughed. Oh yeah, I already introduced myself. 

"And I'm Sungjong" a boy said coming up to me. He had a pretty face and could pass as a girl. At least I'm not the only one. 

"Nice to meet you" I said to him. He smiled back at me. He seems younger than the rest and nice too. Well I can see at least two potential friends. 

I started to unpack my things and arrange things how I like them. I put some of my clothes into the closet when Woohyun came up next to me and started putting his clothes as well. He then finished and turned to me. 

"I'm Woohyun."

Yeah, I know. Jerk. 

I turned to face him. "Nice to meet you Woohyun."

He then continued to stare at me intently, never breaking eye contact. I started to grow worried. He couldn't possibly remember who I was, could he?

"What?"

"You look familiar."

Abort mission. Abort mission. What do I do? I haven't even been here a day and my cover might be blown. 

"Ah well, I've never seen you before" I said and walked away before he could question me further. He just gave me a weird look and shrugged it off, thank god. 

So far I only know 3 people out of seven: Woohyun, Dongwoo, and Sungjong. There's still the mystery jerk, small eyes, giraffe, and muscle man. Whatever, I'll just wait until they come to me. I decided I would leave the dorm and continue to explore the school. 

As I was exploring, a hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me to a stop. I turned around to see who it was. 

"So you gonna tell me your name now or what?"  What are the odds of running into Chanyeol again, like this isn't a small school. 

"Jimin. My name's Jimin" I told him. 

"Well nice to see you again Jimin."

We started talking and Chanyeol ended up touring me around the school, making it easier for me to understand the layout of the school better, while talking to each other and getting to know each other better. He's actually really nice and fun to be around. I wouldn't mind having him as a friend. 

"So who are your roommates?" He asked me. 

"I only know three out of the seven. Dongwoo, Sunjong, and Woohyun. The others didn't introduce themselves to me but they all seem to be friends already."

"Ah, dorming with infinite I see. Must be exciting." 

"Infinite? Who's infinite?" 

He laughed. "Your roommates. That what they call their little group. Everyone knows who they are or has at least heard of them. And you, my friend, get to dorm with them."

"Oh." Well isn't that just lovely. Of course they are popular. That's just what I need. More attention drawn to me. Can't things just go smoothly for once. 

After talking some more and seeing more of the school, I decided to go back to the dorms since I was getting tired. I said goodbye to Chanyeol and walked into my dorm. 

When I walked in, all seven of them were still there, eating ramen. I nodded my head at them and started walking to my bed to lay down and try to figure my phone out some more. Honestly, I was hungry but there's no way I'm going up to them and asking to eat with them. Too awkward. 

"Hey Jimin, you hungry. Want to come eat with us?" Dongwoo asked. 

Yes

"No it's alright. I already ate" I lied. 

"Okay." They continued eating and chatting amongst themselves while I played around with my phone. I'm getting better, but not 100%.

The guys then finished their food and came to the bunk area. While I was on my phone, I didn't realize they were all staring at me. 

"What?"

"Well I thought we should finish our introductions" one said. "I'm Sungkyu." Alright small eyes, Sungkyu. 

"I'm Hoya." Muscle man, Hoya. 

"I'm Sungyeol." Giraffe, Sungyeol. "And that's L" Sungyeol said. 

L? What kind of name is that? So mystery jerk is L. Tch, he didn't even have the decency to introduce himself. 

"We go by the name of infinite" Sungkyu said. 

"I heard." 

"So why don't you tell us about you, Jimin?"

Really? Why? Do they really have to know?

"Like what" I asked. 

"Where you from?" Sungyeol asked. 

"Around here." 

"Have any hobbies?" Hoya asked. 

"I do basketball, track, and badminton."

"Favorite color?" Sunjong asked. 

I laughed a little. "Blue." 

"What year were you born?" Woohyun asked. 

"92."

"Got siblings?" Dongwoo asked. 

Shoot. Should I say I have a brother? What if they ask what his name is? I can't say Jimin. 

"u-uh older brother." Please don't question me further. 

"Anyone else?" Sungkyu asked. 

Whew. Thank god. "Aunt."

"What about mom and dad?" Sungkyu asked again. 

I stiffened. I could slowly feel the pain coming back as I thought of my parents. I didn't want to tell them what happened to them. It's none of their business. But I don't want them to be suspicious of anything. Should I just lie? 

Even L, who wasn't really listening to begin with, turned to look at Jimin as to why he hasn't answered already. 

"I'd rather not say."

"Why. It's a simple question?" L asked, more like rudely stated. 

"Well it's none of your business now is it" I spat back at him. 

He had a blank expression on his face and turned back to whatever he was doing before. 

I guess the others could tell this was something I didn't want to tell them and stopped asking me questions. They all kind of wandered off, trying to get rid of the now awkward atmosphere in the room. I didn't care at this point what they thought about me. I came here to help Jimin out and that's exactly what I'm going to do. I slowly started to drift off to sleep since it was getting late anyway. 

Can't wait for what tomorrow has in store for me.