Chapter 31

You're who now?

Myungsoo

I woke up, late as usual. Though I couldn't sleep at all these past few nights. I looked to my left at Jimin's bed and saw that he wasn't there as usual. I sighed and got up to get ready for classes.

I came out of the bathroom in a few minutes and saw that everyone was still here except Sunjong, Sunggyu, Jimin, and Woohyun. Though I knew Sungjong and Sunggyu had to leave early due to some project they were working on. I passed Hoya and Dongwoo who were getting ready as well.

"Have you seen Jimin?"

Hoya looked at me and shook his head. "Nah, he's probably with Woohyun though. They always go to some cafe in the morning before classes." 

My hand turned into a fist and I nodded my head. So that's why they always come later now.

"Uh, you alright?" 

I looked up to Sungyeol and nodded my head. "Yeah why wouldn't I be?"

Sungyeol pointed at something and I looked down to my hand. I unclenched my fist and got my bag before heading out the door. I walked slowly to math, not having energy to do anything. Ever since Jimin started avoiding me, I can't focus on anything. I want to apologize but he keeps avoiding me.

But last night? Did he invite me too? He didn't full out say "hey Woohyun, not you Myungsoo, wanna come with me?"

"Uh, would you just stop thinking about him." 

I walked into math and saw that both Jimin's and Woohyun's seats were empty, making my face frown. I walked to my seat in the back and put my head on the desk. The teacher wasn't here yet, lucky for them, so I just put my head down to rest some more. However every minute that ticks by, the more I start to wonder why they're taking so long.

Do I have to text you again?

I pulled out my phone and scrolled down to the contact labeled 'Jimin.' I started texting him that class is going to start soon like last time but my finger wouldn't press send.

eh, he probably doesn't want to hear from me.

I deleted the text and put my phone back in my pocket. A few minutes later, the teacher walked in and the bell rang signaling the start of class. The teacher took attendance and marked Woohyun and Jimin absent as well as others that were. I guess they would just end up being late than.

But 5 minutes went by,10 minutes, 30 minutes, 40 minutes. Before I knew it the bell rang and Jimin nor Woohyun had shown up.

Where the hell are they?

I left my math class and headed to my next two classes. When I entered science I was expecting to see Jimin and Chanyeol at their table, but I only saw Chanyeol. His face looked confused as well. Has he not shown up still?

I walked over to Chanyeol because I knew he had last period with both Jimin and Woohyun.

"Uh, hey, did you see Jimin around this morning?"

Chanyeol looked up from his phone and shook his head. "No, he wasn't in class last period or Woohyun. I tried texting him but he's not answering." He looked back down at his phone and frowned upon seeing no messages.

I nodded and headed to my seat in the back again, my mind thinking of where the hell they are. Now, that I think about it, I never saw them come back to the dorms when I fell asleep. Did they even come back? Did something happen?

When the teacher walked in and started teaching, I found that I couldn't even listen to a word he was saying, my mind thinking to Jimin, worrying if something happened.

 

Nari

My eyes fluttered open to bright lights that were pretty blinding. I rubbed my eyes and looked around, the memories of last night flooding back into my memory. I saw that I was still in Woohyun's arms after falling asleep and saw he was still sleeping, making me smile a tiny smile. I gentlely removed his arms from me and got up from my seat. I proceeded to walk over to the the front desk to ask about Jimin. One of the assistants looked up when approached the counter.

"Hi, my brother, Jimin, was taken in to the emergency room last night. Is there any news on his condition now?"

The man looked through his computer pulling up files while I waited patiently.

"Jimin, Jimin, Jimin, ah,here it is. I'm sorry but he passed last night."

My body turned stiff and my face paled. It started to become hard to breathe and I felt like I was going to faint. "W-What?"

"Yes I'm sorry, Kwon Jimin passed away last night. The cancer had-"

"That's not my brother. Park Jimin, Park."

The man looked back in the computer and made an 'o' with his mouth once he found the files. "Oh, I'm sorry about that. Yes, Park Jimin, he is currently still in the OR right now. There isn't much news yet."

A somewhat huge relief washed over me, not full relief, but at least he didn't die. I nodded my head at the man and walked away from the counter. I pulled out my phone and looked at the time, seeing school had already started and all the texts I got from Chanyeol this morning.

Jimin, you coming to History?

Where are you class is starting?

Woohyun isn't here either, are you with him?

Jimin, where you at!

Answer me!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's now science tell me where you are right now

Jimin, pleaseeee :(

Why won't you answer me!!!

I chuckled a bit at the texts but right now, I just want Woohyun to be here. I don't want to drag anyone else into my problems and knowing Chanyeol, he'll freak out. I put my phone back in my pocket and went to the cafe in the hospital to get Woohyun and I some food.

When I got my food, I came back to the waiting room and saw that Woohyun was still sleeping in the chair, slouched over. I shook my head and sat down next to him, pulling a table in front of us. The food wasn't the best, I mean it's hospital food, but it's better than some places so it was alright. I gentlely tapped Woohyun while he stirred awake. He rubbed his eyes and blinked a few times, probably readjusting to the light, and looked at me. He smiled and looked down at the food on the table.

"Good morning."

I chuckled and pushed him his food. "It's the only thing that looked good."

He laughed and nodded. "Thanks."

We both ate our food in silence. The hospital had more people in the waiting room and was a lot more busy now than last night. It was quiet and only a few doctors and nurses were roaming the halls. Now all the workers were scrambling around and patients were coming in left and right. I admire anyone that works at a hospital because it's so hectic around here and their job is saving lives. I don't know if I'd be able to do this, knowing that someones life could be on your hands every second of the day.

"So is there any news yet." Woohyun asked hesitantly.

"No not yet." I said looking down.

"That's ok, he's going to be fine." he said while putting a hand on my shoulder. I gave him a small smile before taking another bite of my food.

"You know school started right. They probably marked us absent."

"Fine by me. I didn't want to go to math anyway." He said while chuckling.

"I feel bad though, you didn't have to stay here and sleep uncomfortably on a chair here all night." I mumbled.

"I told you I'm not going anywhere, so you can forget about trying to make me leave." He said while smirking. I huffed out air and rolled my eyes, silently thanking him for staying.

We sat in the waiting room for a couple more hours. Woohyun was showing me some of the games on his phone that he played and boy does he have a lot of games. My mind was occupied by the screen and Woohyun showing me all the controls of each game, that I didn't realize the doctor had come up to the both of us.

"Excuse me, miss Park?"

I looked up from the phone and so did Woohyun, putting his phone back in his pocket.

"Um, is my brother okay?" I asked while looking at the clock. It was now three in the afternoon.

"Well..." I gulped and prayed that he would give me good news. "...he is fine right now." A wave of relief washed right over me.

"If you had come any later, he might not have been. We had to jump start his heart a couple of times and right now he's hooked up to a machine. He might be out for a few hours, days, or weeks. We can't be sure right now, the only thing we can do is wait."

I nodded my head in understanding.

"We're not sure when he'll wake up but I'm positive he will eventually. The thing is, his heart is very weak and from the papers I heard he has a heart condition. Jimin may be fine when he wakes up and could be fine again for months, years, but there is a possibility this could happen again. I strongly advise you get him the surgery needed to fix his heart so you won't have to worry about something like this happening again in the future."

"How much is the surgery?" I asked closing my eyes.

"...$4,500."

I let out a deep sigh and rubbed my face with both my hands, Woohyun putting an arm on my shoulder.

"I know you probably didn't want to hear that but since it's the heart, the surgery is very difficult and requires a lot of equipment and tools. But trust me, it is worth it. You don't have to make a decision now, but I strongly advise that he gets the surgery."

"Can I see him?"

"Of course, follow me" The doctor said.

Me and Woohyun got up from our seats and headed into the elevator with the doctor. After arriving on the 5th floor, we got off and followed the doctor in to room 341. The doctor opened the door and let me and Woohyun enter.

"I leave you guys alone then." He said while closing the door.

I walked in and saw Jimin lying down on the bed, IV tubes going into his arm, tubes going into his nose so he could breath, his body sickly thin and white. My heart clenched together at the sight and I went to the chair and sat down next to him, grabbing his hand. Woohyun came over and sat down in the chair next to me silently.

"You can't leave me, you hear. You promised." I whispered while a lone tear fell down my face.

I looked up to his sleeping face, his cheek bones prominent from the loss of weight.

"You can't..."

 

~Flashback~

My eyes were stained in tears and my vision was blurry. Bright lights were above me and I didn't know what was going on. I looked over to my left and right and saw doctors pushing me along the halls, yelling things to one another yet it all sounded muffled to me. I looked down, my clothes covered in blood and the pain making itself know. Black dots started to cover my vision and before I knew it, everything turned to black.

I opened my eyes and looked around. I couldn't move at all, the only part that was were my eyes. The hospital room was a blinding white and the sky was dark with barely visible stars. I looked to my right and saw Jimin, holding my hand, crying silently with his head down. His eyes looked puffy and red and he looked up the next second wiping his tears. His eyes immediately widened when he saw I was awake, squeezing my hand.

"N-Nari! You're awake!" 

"W-What h-happened?" I croaked out.

"You were in a car accident..." I stared at a 14 year old, healthy Jimin. No heart condition, no weakness, just a healthy Jimin.

The memories of that night came flooding back into my mind. Tears were starting to form and fall down my eyes.

"What's wrong? Are you in pain?" Jimin asked worriedly. I shook my head but the tears kept falling down.

"Omma, Appa.... t-they're t-they're gone." I sobbed. Jimin came up to me and hugged me lightly so he wouldn't hurt me.

"I know" He said tears falling down his face as well.

"They're gone and a-and we'll never see them again." I continued sobbing.

Jimin rubbed my back and tried to calm my crying, even though he was crying as well.

"I know b-but it's going to be okay. I'm here, you're here. We have each other alright." He pulled away from the hug and looked at me wiping away my tears with his thumb.

I nodded my head, still sniffling. "Promise me."

Jimin looked at me giving me a small smile. "What?"

"Promise me you'll never leave me. Promise me you won't go like Omma and Appa. That you'll stay. Promise me." I whispered with one final tear falling off my cheek.

Jimin looked at me and squeezed my hand, giving me a small, sad smile. 

"I promise."

 

~End of flashback~

 

I closed my eyes and squeezed Jimin's hand. I wished when I looked up, I saw his eyes open, but they were closed with the silent beeping of the machine going off, my only indicator that he's still alive. I sighed and opened up my phone and called my aunt, telling her everything that happened. She panicked and said she would get the earliest flight back to Seoul since she was in Thailand for her project or whatever. When the screen turned black and I looked at myself, I looked completey destroyed. My eyes were all red and puffy, my hair was sticking in every direction, deep bags under my eyes. I was the definition of the walking dead.

I looked back to Woohyun and saw he looked better than me, but still looked horrible as well. The clock on the wall said it was five, almost a full 24 hours since I left the dorms yesterday and found Jimin. I nudge Woohyun and his eyes opened slowly.

"You should head back in case the others start worrying."

"I told you I'm-"

"I know. You can come back if you want, trust me I'm not going anywhere, but can you just pick up a few clothes and drinks from the dorms and just tell everyone I'm fine?"

Woohyun looked at me and sighed.

"Okay."

He got up and ruffled my hair before walking to the door and opening it.

"I coming back soon okay? Don't miss me too much."

I laughed and nodded my head before watching Woohyun's figure disappear behind the door. My eyes flew back to Jimin and I rested my head on his bed, my hand never letting go of his.

 

Woohyun

I speed walked all the way back to Woollim. It took longer to get there since I was all the way at the hospital but I got there as fast as I could. When I finally arrived at Woollim it was late in the day, around seven or so. My phone had been filled with messages and missed calls from the guys but I didn't answer them, my mind to worried about Jimin. Or, Nari.

I walked into the building and headed straight to the dorms, wasting no time. When I walked in, all the guys were in a circle, they're facing showing worry all over with all their phones in the middle of the table. They looked up and relief washed over their faces.

"WOOHYUN, YOU'RE BACK!!!!"

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!!"

"WE'VE BEEN WORRIED SICK!!"

"WHERE'S JIMIN!!"

"YOU WEREN'T IN SCHOOL ALL DAY!!!"

"WHY DIDN'T YOU ANSWER YOUR PHONE!"

They were asking too many questions at once and I knew if I started answering one, they wouldn't let me leave. I walked passed them all and grabbed a bag and opened up my draw and started putting my clothes in the bag. I then went to Nari's side and started emptying her clothes in the bag too.

"YA! ANSWER US! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" Sunggyu said while coming up to me, the rest of infinite following in suit.

"What are you doing?" Dongwoo asked.

"Why are you taking Jimin's clothes?" Sunjong asked.

Hoya looked around the dorm. "Where even is Jimin?" 

Sungyeol looked around as well. "Was he with you? Is he okay?" Worry was starting to fill their faces again.

Myungsoo grabbed my arm and turned me to look at him, his face clearly showing anger and worry. "Where. Is. He?"

I stopped grabbing drinks and snacks and looked at all of them, sighing.

"Look, I'm fine, Jimin's fine. We're okay? Something came up and we couldn't come back. We'll probably be out of school for a few days so if you guys can tell the teachers and what not that would be really helpful." I said turning back and grabbing other things like socks and our phone chargers.

"What happened?"

"A few days?!?! What are you talking about!"

"Woohyun, what's going on!" Sunggyu said, clearly getting annoyed.

I tried to block them out, but they wouldn't stop. Last time, I let the secret of Nari's house slip out of my mouth in front of Myungsoo, and I definitely wasn't going to let that happen again now. As far as I know, I'm the only one who knows this and that's the way I'm going to keep until Nari says otherwise.

I turned back to all of them again, losing my patience. "LOOK! I told you everything is fine. Something came up with Jimin's personal life and he asked not to say anything, okay. But I can assure you, Jimin is okay. Nothing happened to us, nothing is going to happen to us. You can all stop worrying. Now if you'll excuse me." I said making my way back out of the dorm with the bag full of clothes and other things.

As I was walking down the halls, I passed Chanyeol. I didn't want to wait any longer but he grabbed my arm and stopped me.

"Hey, have you seen Jimin?"

I sighed and looked up to the taller guy. "Yeah, he's fine don't worry about him. Look, I really need to go now. It's important."

I slipped out of his grasp and quickly walked out of Woollim and headed back to the hospital, not wanting to run into anymore people.

 

Nari

I woke up from the nap I was taking and looked back up to Jimin's sleeping figure. I rubbed circles and random patterns across his hand. The clock on the wall showed that it was around 8:30. Nurses had come in a few times and checked up on Jimin and were even kind enough of bringing me some food. No one else had entered the room for quite some time now and I just sat quietly, the only noise coming from the machine.

Though that silence was interrupted by another sound from my pocket. I took out my phone and looked at the caller ID, confusement written all over my face. I was hesitant to press the green button and sat there debating whether I should answer it. What does he want?

After a couple more seconds, I decided to answer it and hesitantly put my face to the device.

"H-Hello?" My voice came out all cracked and horrible. My mouth was dry and all the crying that I did didn't help.

"Jimin? Are you okay? Where are you?"

I cleared my throat. "I'm fine. Everything's good."

"Jimin, don't lie to me. Where are you?"

"I-I.. I can't tell you."

"Why! Jimin, please just tell me-"

"Myungsoo please, stop. Just...stop. I said I'm okay."

Myungsoo didn't say anything for quite some time, I thought he had hanged up. But I didn't say anything either.

"Please, just tell me where you are? What happened." He said, his voice wavering.

I opened my mouth to say something when the door opened and Woohyun came in with a bag in his hand, I assume that had everything. He came up to me and gave me a smile.

"Look, I'm sorry but I have to go now. Don't worry about me because I'm fine."

"Please Jimin."

I looked down, feeling guilty. "I'm sorry."

"Ji-."

I put my phone back in my pocket and looked up Woohyun and then at the clock.

"That was pretty quick given you were walking." I said.

He sat down next to me and chuckled. He reached into the bag and pulled out a few snacks and handed them to me, which I thanked. He then pulled out our phone chargers and plugged them into the wall, plugging his phone in as well, before coming back over and sitting down in the chair next to me.

"Would have been quicker if it wasn't for infinite. You pretty popular amongst them you know that?" He said while laughing.

I chuckled while putting the snack in my mouth. "You didn't tell them did you?" I asked hesitantly.

He looked at me and gave me a 'really' look which I chuckled at. "No, of course not." I nodded my head and smiled a bit. Woohyun turned to look at Jimin before asking. "Hasn't woken up yet?"

I shook my head turning my attention back to Jimin. I sighed and looked around the room and thought back to when it was me in the bed and Jimin in the chair. The tables have now turned and honestly, I'd rather be the one in the bed because now all I can do is wait and worry. I have some many questions I want to ask him yet none can be answered. I wanted see him smile and healthy, but I was staring at a sick and sleeping Jimin. I prayed that he would wake up soon and I prayed that we would be able to continue life without anymore bumps in the road.

A slight nudge interrupted my thoughts and I turned to Woohyun with a brow raised.

"If you don't mind me asking, can you explain everything to me now?" He asked with cute puppy eyes making me laugh. I'm glad Woohyun is here because he just has that ability to make you forget whats going on in the world and make you feel better in an instant. He could make me laugh even when all I wanted to do was cry until I couldn't anymore.

"Okay, but it's a long story."

"I'm not going anywhere anytime soon." He said while relaxing in his chair and smiling at me. I chuckled and started my ever so messed up story of my life.

"Well, I guess this all started when I was 12..."

 

 

 

Yayy, another update! I couldn't stop writing yesterday so I'm hitting you with another chapter! A lot of different POV's in this chapter, plus a flashback! I'm so happy you guys are liking it, it means a lot. Thank you so much! <3 :)