Meeting Big Bang

Finding Happiness

Andy picked herself up from the ice a few weeks later.

“Where’s your head?” Coach asked harshly in Japanese.

“Sorry,” she apologized for the third time that day.

“Yeah, Andy, it’s like you’re distracted by someone,” Joon said quietly, so that Coach wouldn’t hear. “I mean something.”

“Shut up and skate,” she huffed, shoving him.

“Honestly though, you like him that much?” he asked, surprised.

 “I’m just nervous about going to his studio tomorrow. Big Bang will be there, you know.” She shook her hands and struck her position; ready to jump again.

“So, what you’re saying is that you’re nervous to meet his friends?” Joon accused, smirking.

“Hey! I thought you wanted me focused?”

Ignoring his laugh and Coach’s glare, Andy cleared her mind and poured her attention into the routine she was trying to learn.


Andy walked nervously to the entrance of YGE. Her last couple of meetings with Ji Yong had been fun, they had dressed up in the outfits he had picked and gotten ‘married.’ The PD was annoyed at them for doing it on such a small scale; just the two of them and a few simple words in a flower garden. The female writers, however, thought it was terribly romantic.

Next, they had been given a house in a quiet neighborhood. Too quiet for Andy’s tastes; she like noise and kids running around outside. But, big surprise, no one had asked her opinion. Ji Yong had decorated the house; it was colorful and stylish, but still unexpectedly cozy. Their bedroom was her favorite part, warm colors surrounding a big bed in the center. Not that she could actually sleep there. The house was for looks only; neither of them even got the passcode.

“Unnie!” a girl screamed from behind Andy.

She turned to see a small group of teenage girls in their school uniforms on the sidewalk. The girls smiled and waved excitedly at her, so she returned the gesture. Since the show had started airing a couple of weeks prior, people began recognizing her. Some were sweet, some were cruel, and all were GDragon fans.

Over the last week, she had even received hand-written mail at her rink, along the same lines. Some were really nice, saying how cute they were together and they were happy she was so good to their oppa. Others were nasty, calling her names and commenting on her weight or looks, nationality, or bluntly stating that she wasn’t good enough for their oppa.

It was all a bit overwhelming. She had only received hate mail once before, more than a year ago, over a ridiculous rumor published in a trashy magazine. Her response was primarily to ignore it, because it was such made-up garbage. Although, she was thankful now, that it had caused her to set all of her social media accounts to private. If so many people put in the time and effort to hand-write and mail the letters, she was sure her pages would have been thoroughly blasted.

Andy talked to the door security for a second before she was admitted. We Got Married staff were waiting just inside the door for her.

“Andy-ssi,” Hyun Soo, the writer she had roomed with, greeted her. “How are you? Have you spent much time online?”

“Not really, just playing on YouTube and stuff. Why?” she asked absently as she was getting hooked up with her mic.

“Hm? Oh, nothing. Just curious.”

Andy followed a cameraman walking backwards up the stairs. She felt out of place in her shorts and loose tee as she passed numerous young women walking down a hallway. Each of them seemed to be dressed much the same, tiny spandex shorts and even smaller tops, some tight, some loose, none covering much skin.

Everyone she passed smiled politely and bowed. A group of young men rushed into a doorway when they saw her coming.

“Hello,” one of them said, steeping forward, “we’re iKon. Nice to meet you.” They each added their names quickly.

“Oh! Hello,” she bowed back with a smile. “I’m Andy Doyle. Thank you for loaning us your song; it’s been very exciting to learn choreography to.”

BI smiled. “Oh, no; I’m happy that you liked it so much. We look forward to seeing your performance with it. Perhaps we can come to watch in person?”

“Absolutely, I can make sure you get seats. I’ll have to catch yours sometime too.”

Another boy, Bobby, leaned forward. “Ask, Ji Yong Hyung to bring you to one of the shows.”

Andy shook her head and chuckled. “I’ll see what I can do.”

“Andy-ah!” Ji Yong called as he approached.

“Hi Oppa!” she returned his smile.

“Hello Hyung,” iKon greeted as a whole.

“Hi,” he answered, patting one of the boys on the arm. “Are you coming in to meet the guys or you’re going to hang out with these kids?”

“Hyung,” Bobby interrupted, “bring Noona to our show.”

“We’ll talk about it later, off camera.”

“Yes, Hyung.”

“Ready?” he asked her, offering his hand.

“Um… Yeah, okay,” she agreed a little reluctantly, holding his hand.

“Nervous?” he whispered.

“Only a lot.”

He grinned sympathetically, but pulled her forward without mercy.

Ji Yong was watching as he urged her into the room Most females tended to react in some way when meeting her ‘bias’; Ji Yong was waiting for the blush that would surely give Andy away. And they were watching for it too; all bets were on Top, like usual. Of course, Ji Yong was actually hoping for no reaction, which would indicate it was probably him.

As she entered the room, a chorus of greeting, some Korean, some English, surrounded him.

“Hello,” she said in English, but bowing at the same time. Straightening up, she fumbled for a second before continuing her introduction in Korean.

Ji Yong watched closely as each of the guys stepped forward to shake her hand.

“Hello, I’m Young Bae,” he shook her hand, noticing the pink spreading across her cheeks and smiled at his best friend.

Ji Yong sighed. Although, he supposed Young Bae was better than Top Hyung.

“So, Andy-ssi,” Seungri started, “what do you think of our Ji Yong Hyung?”

“What?” she yelped, startled. “Oh, uh, he’s…very nice.”

Ji Yong made a face. Nice? He was nice? Seungri put his hands on her shoulders from behind, pushing her gently towards the sofa.

“Nice?” Seungri asked after she was seated. “Ay, come on. You can do better than that.”

“Err… He’s fun.”

“And?”

“And… Handsome?”

“Of course. Andy?”

“Uh… Talented.”

“Naturally. What else?”

“…Good speaker.”

“Yes, and?”

“Soft hands?”

“True. Go on.”

“…”

“Maknae! That’s enough.” Top cut them off, barley hiding a grin.

“Hyung, come sit by your wife,” Dae Sung called, indicating the small space they had left on the sofa beside the girl.

Narrowing his eyes, he pushed Young Bae’s legs together, making himself enough room to squeeze between them without sitting on any laps. Throwing a dirty look at Young Bae, he draped his arm on the couch behind Andy, so they weren’t quite so bunched together. Top, sitting in the only chair across from them, smirked, giving Ji Yong a bad feeling. What had these troublemakers planned?”

“So, Andy-ssi,” Seungri began from her other side. “You said before that you liked Big Bang.”

“Yes,” she answered slowly, as if feeling the trap being laid.

“Who’s your favorite?”

“Not now,” Top added quickly before she could answer. “Before you met Ji Yongie, who was your favorite?”

“Oh, uh…” She glanced at Ji Yong, then Young Bae, then back to GD, then looking away entirely. “Taeyang-ssi.”

Ji Yong groaned softly beside her as everyone passed money to Young Bae. Andy watched dumbfounded.

“So, let’s say we were no longer talking about singing or dancing or any other talent or personality.”

She sighed, she didn’t like where this was heading, Seungri was definitely out to cause trouble.

“Who would you say is the best looking?” Seungri asked, smiling at her.

Andy groaned and refused to look at any of them.

“Andy-ssi, come on, you can tell us,” Dae Sung chirped in.

“You don’t have to be embarrassed; it’s pretty obvious already,” Top added, confidently framing his chin with his fingers.

Glancing at him, Andy couldn’t help but scoff.

“I don’t think it’s Hyung,” Seungri said, leaning forward with a grin.

“Then who?” Ji Yong asked, looking at her until she met his eyes.

“Well…” Her eyes trailed over to Young Bae, who smiled widely.

“Seriously?! Young Bae? The best looking?” Ji Yong complained.

“Geez, why ask if you don’t want to know?” she grumbled in English.

“Second?” Top questioned, catching her eyes before they drifted over to the left. “Dae Sungie?!”

“Me?” Dae Sung yelped and then did a silent cheer.

“Wait, wait, wait,” Top called, holding up his hands. “What about me? You think I’m not handsome?”

“What? No, I didn’t say… You have very pretty eyes,” she defended.

He blinked a few times, mouth half open in disbelief and then stared over at Dae Sung.

“So,” Seungri broke the silence created by Top’s shock. “After Dae Sung Hyung-”

“Oppa!” Andy practically shouted in relief.

“At least I’m not last, I guess,” Ji Yong pouted.

“But that was before I met Oppa; now I think he’s the most attractive,” she rushed to say.

“Doubtful,” Seungri teased.

“No, because I know him now. I like him,” she assured them quickly, and then realized what she had said. “His personality! I like his personality,” she clarified, blushing as they all smiled at her. “Aish, I knew this was a bad idea.”

“It was definitely a good idea,” Ji Yong corrected, now happy. “Maknae, as her something else.”

“Ya!” She elbowed him lightly in the ribs.

“Of the five of us,” Seungri began.

“No! I have no opinion,” she laughed, interrupting him.

“Oh, Hyung, you were right; she is pretty when she laughs,” Seungri said, grinning slyly at GD, who had never said those words aloud.

Ji Yong reached further behind the girl and shoved the younger man’s shoulder. “This kid.”

Dae Sung leaned forward and engaged Andy in a dramatic conversation involving big gestures and loud laughter.

Ji Yong leaned back and made eye contact with Young Bae, questioning. His friend smiled and nodded in approval. The red-head relaxed; the guys all seemed to like her and she was getting on well with them, despite the teasing. He watched silently as she interacted with some of the most important people in his life. Laughing brightly at something Top had said, she bent forward, leaning slightly into his body.

Ji Yong bit his lip as she sat up, still chuckling; he casually laid a hand on her shoulder and guided her closer to him, keeping his arm around her. She glanced over at him, but didn’t pull away; she just turned back to watch Seungri take a slap from Top.

A few more minutes passed pleasantly, Ji Yong pleased to keep Andy tucked into his side.

“So… Do I get to see you sing?” Andy asked, looking up at him. “Since we’re in a studio.”

Ji Yong smiled and gestured Dae Sung into the booth.

What do you want to hear?” Dae Sung asked, putting on the headphones.

“Anything?” she asked, smiling when she received a nod. “Bae Bae.”

Andy grinned the entire listening intently, and clapped when he had finished. Seungri was next with Sober, and then Top rapped Bang Bang Bang. Taeyang belted out Loser, and finally Ji Yong had his turn with Let’s Not Fall in Love. She had listened to their songs countless times, plus a lot of their older stuff too; but it really just didn’t compare to watching live and just a feet away. Honestly, she wouldn’t have been surprised if someone told her that there were hearts shooting out from her eyes.

Ji Yong came out of the booth, grinning at the way she was looking at him. Felt good, felt really good. He sat beside her, casually draping an arm around her shoulders, confidence high.

“Your turn,” he said easily.

“Me?” she yelped, spinning to stare at him wide-eyed.

“Yeah. Should we pick your song?”

“How can you ask me to sing following professionals? That’s just not nice.”

“It’s not a competition,” Dae Sung argued.

“I really though,” she said in English.

“You’ll do fine,” GD countered.

“Does this mean you’ll visit me at work and skate in front of my team?”

Ji Yong hesitated for a fraction of a second; he had no skating experience and was likely to fall. A lot. In front of her talented, gorgeous, tall partner. He sighed inwardly.

“Of course,” he said with more confidence then he felt. He really just wanted to hear her sing. He already saw that she connected well to music; she should be exceptional.

“Alright,” she conceded. “But, you’ll regret it.”

Embarrassed, Andy put on the headphones. As she attempted to sing Happy by Pharrell, she glanced up. GD was grimacing, Taeyang was failing at trying to look neutral, Dae Sung’s face was hidden by his hair, while both Top and Seungri obviously attempted not to laugh. She knew she was bad, but she was putting in an effort not to be horrible. Apparently, it wasn’t working.

“Clap along if you feel that happiness is the truth,” she sang, but started laughing.

Soon the guys were clapping and laughing with her. She shrugged as she exited the booth and they were applauding.

“That was awful,” GD said with a grin. But, he softened the criticism with a hand on her head.

“Told ya.”

“Let’s wrap it up,” the producer called from his seat a few feet away.

The guys thanked her for visiting, promising to tell her the dirt on GD next time. After a round of bowing, the cameras were shut off as the crew prepared to move to a new location for their interviews.

“Andy-ssi,” Seungri said, stopping her before she could leave. He handed her a phone. “I know you’re new here, so if you need anything, give me a call.”

“Oh! Um… Okay. Thank you.” Despite feeling awkward, she programmed her number into his phone.

He immediately called it. “Save it,” he directed.

As she was keying his name, he looked over her shoulder and shook his head. Swiftly, he grabbed her phone and typed in his own name. Getting it back, she frowned. She knew handsome, but not the second word.

She followed the PD out into the hallway.

“Hyung Soo Unnie, what’s this?” she asked quietly, turning the screen in the older woman’s direction.

“Husband’s brother,” she answered with an indulgent smile.

Andy shook her head, sighing.

Thanks for reading, don't forget to review! : )