The Sleeping You

Our Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

Minhyun's P.o.V.

2013, November 3 - 8:05 p.m.

As soon as I got out of my car I quickly glanced at my watch, wondering how many minutes have passed since the movie ended. A sigh only once escaped as the gleaming light of 8:05 glared back at me; we were late for our dinner reservation. I found myself running toward the entrance of the theater as I looked up from my watch, looking for Minki. Panic was the next thing I felt as I realized that Ren was no where in sight. Although I was still perhaps meters away from the bench where I had left Minki, I could see the whole area around it. Minki-ah, where are you? You promised..... I only grew more impatient as everywhere I looked contained no hints of him but I continued to search. It wasn't till I arrived at the sidewalk across from the bench till I saw Ren. Noticing that Minki was still there and safe has brought a smile to me. But, as I was about to call out to him, I only just then realized that Ren was not alone by himself. He was standing next to someone, talking to him, right next to the street across from me. 

The previously calming heart beat once again lurched as a weird sensation started groaning in the midst of my stomach. Something's wrong. No... it's someone's wrong. That person, who? Narrowing my eyes, I tried to scan the guy's face. Minhyun, calm down. You're thinking too much. Minki's smiling. Calming my nerves down, I was about to walk across the street until I heard a car beeping. Looking toward the car which the honk has belonged to, I realized that the lights were red and that I wasn't supposed to be walking yet. Quickly bowing toward the car, I whispered a 'sorry'. Just as I was prepared to turn to the right to click for passing, I felt something catch my attention from the corner of my eye. Twisting my head at an unbelievable speed toward the sidewalk across from me, where Minki was, I felt my eyeballs beginning to gouge out.

The scene which caught my breath was... The blonde loose hair which was still and stable just a few seconds before were now fluttering behind. The smile which Minki was emanating was replaced by wide eyes that showed shock. Ren saw me. His eyes met mine as he began to open his mouth. Before I could react...before I could comprehend everything...before anything...I heard myself screaming.

MINKI-AH!!!!!!!!!

Ren's P.o.V.

I was laughing, smiling, and joking with the guy in front of me. He was a guy who approached me, asking for direction. Although he looked suspicious at first, I realized that he was an interesting guy with a weird humor. I had tried ignoring him when he first walked up to me because he was dressed all too dark...all too mysterious. I remembered Minhyun's and everyone else's constant mumbling and rambling about talking to strangers. I knew that I'll be scolded if they caught me talking to someone I didn't know. But he looked sad, apologetic, and even guilty for perhaps bothering me. It was then that I decided that this man was not someone evil and that he truly only wanted to ask for directions. He didn't look Korean either, all the reason for him to need help from me.

I was showing him where the parking lot was from the sidewalk next to the bench where I was sitting at till I saw someone, someone familiar. Looking across the street, I saw Minhyun running toward me. I was going to call out to him but he turned his attention toward the clicker before I could even utter a sound. It was then, where everything appeared distorted and wrong. Time was out of joint.

The faraway Minhyun seemed like he was getting closer... but he wasn't moving. I was. I was surprised, my body had swayed into the street with the light shove coming from my back area. It was a push, and I knew it was not unintentional, because it was intended. I realized I was wrong, I should have trusted and obeyed everyone's words and I shouldn't have fell for his expression. It was all too fake, all a lie.

I heard the car honk, I felt the lights it emited falling onto me. The car was getting closer as I was able to feel the heat it burned within its engine and the shout which escaped the driver's head. It was too close and I wasn't able to avoid it and I knew that I was too late. Being yet still in the middle of the air and nowhere near the ground surface released no escape.

MINKI-AH!!!!! I heard him scream. I heard him call my name with desperation, with sorrow, with pain, with concern, and with shock.

Looking up from the ground, I stared straight into his eyes as his eyes also barred into mine. I felt his emotions run as we looked at each other for the light moment.

Minh-....

Minhyun's P.o.V

Cars were honking and people around began to gather as those in the car began scattering out from their seats. I ran the fastest I could, the quickest my legs could have carried me. My destination was toward the street where blood began to be covering the whole area. People were beginning to gather about into a circle as they mumbled in concern for the young man. People were with panic as they wondered what to do. Some screamed for others to call the ambulance while some frozen as they stood and looked.

I felt tears falling and my eyes burning up as I pushed harshly through the c

Please log in to read the full chapter