Morning! Your 18th Birthday

Our Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

Minhyun's P.o.V

2013, November 3 -  7:00 a.m.

Minnie, Minnie, Wakey up~ Or we'll be late. The same alarm clock rang as the clock 7. The light and tiny voice repeated itself as I felt the shame of silenting it. The ring-tone of my alarm was the voice of the 7 year old Ren, waking me up for school. I looked pass the curtain and felt the light and warm sunlight shining through. I figured that today was a bright sunny day with just the right amount of clouds. 

Today would be a good day I said as I slowly got up from my bed with a grin on my face. I felt my face stretch upwards and my eyes becoming smaller as a warm feeling passed through my body with the thoughts of Minki arising in my head. That's right, today is his 18th birthday, a day which I had myself prepare for since months ago because my sweet angel threw a great birthday party for me. I felt the need and love to prepare a great day for him as well then and indeed, I have myself practicing for ages since.  

After getting off my bed, I made my way towards the bathroom. I've been living alone since I turned 18 a few months ago, not long I know. My parents were the workaholic type of parents who barely even shown their face at home with perhaps only 3 calls a week and one visit per 2 weeks or so. I let out a light sigh as I stood in front of the mirror and looked at myself, it was a happy sigh though. My reflection in the mirror was only of a smiling idiot whose face is threatened to break apart if it continued to smile. I was really happy and high with the idea of surprising Minki with flowers in just about an hour. Ren also lived alone for quite a while, longer than I had. Ren's parents went to work abroad when he was 17, and he has been living alone since then. He had rented an apartment with the money he saved up since 15 because he didn't like accepting money and help from his parents. Just 2 months after moving into his apartment, he bought it, stating that he had saved enough and wanted a place where he can actually call home. Minki's situation was like mine, his parents were also workaholics who never went home and perhaps never really bothered calling either. Minki was always left alone in that big house of his with a few helpers like assistants and maids, he finally moved out when his parents decide to work abroad. When I turned 18, I decided to buy an apartment in the same complex as Ren and heavens had it. Ren and I live on the same floor, the 7th floor, and we're only separated by 3 doors.

Just as I had finished my morning routine of brushing my teeth, taking a shower, and washing my face, I heard the front door bell ring. The smile I had on all morning only grew bigger as I looked over the intercom and saw a guy outside with a banquet of flowers in his arm. I took a deep breath as I calmed my smile to avoid him saying mocking things and opened the door.

Morning Sir, the flowers you have ordered has arrived. Here. The guy, JR, gave me a cheesy smile as he handed the flowers over. I wanted to celebrate Ren's birthday too you know... We all do, but we can't today since you made all your plans, alone with him with not even a spare second for us. JR said as he made a fake angry face with a frown. JR has been part-timing at a flower shop since he turned 16, and he liked working there because of the cheesy moments when one of our friends go to buy flowers for their lovers. JR loved smirking and mocking people when he sees and sells the flowers because it was funny when they made blushing faces or pretended like they were doing something else. That was the main reason I hesitated about buying flowers from JR's shop but they had the best flowers around the neighborhood. JR was also the main reason why I had to wipe the smile off my face before opening the door. 

Yeah, sorry. Thank you for the flowers, hyyuuuuunng. I said as I slowly closed the door. I didn't feel like explaining much to JR and I clearly didn't want to be mocked much. Honestly saying, it was the truth when JR said I wanted to keep Ren to myself but that is simply because Ren is my lover and we really should only have time for ourselves. We've been spending birthdays and times together as a group since we were kids. But that's not the only reason... Up until last year, until when Minki and I began dating, JR and Baekho was still crushing and chasing after him. I don't blame them though, because Ren is simply too beautiful for his own good and a kind soul, he was such an angelic being who everyone became attracted and attached to.

JR, Baekho, Ren, and I are childhood friends with Ren and I knowing each other the longest, Ren and I known each other since we were 6 because our parents were close friends and business partners. We met Baekho and JR when we entered 2nd grade and easily became friends with them; JR is a nice guy who liked having fun by pranking on others, while Baekho is a guy who loved to help others and smile, a happy guy. Aron is the friend whom we met during junior high and effortlessly befriended because he was a kind and funny guy with a weird charm. During those times when Aron joined our squad, Minki and I were yet going out but I've been in a one-sided love relationship with him since we've met. In the beginning, Aron wasn't very close to anyone, he was only just a side friend who hanged out with us occasionally but then Ren and Aron got along strangely well later on, after the first month or so. It was also then when I realized that I wasn't the only one who liked Minki more than just friendly wise, but instead, I discovered that JR and Baekho also liked him. When Ren and Aron gotten closer and began hugging each other, or when Aron began clinging onto Ren, I realized the deep envy within myself and also saw the jealousy JR and Baekho harbored. At first, I thought JR liked Aron, but that thought was betrayed when I saw JR hugging Minki one day in 2008... junior high. 

2008, March 20

Class was finally dismissed while I walked out into the hallway waving goodbye to some of my classmates and greeting some of those from the next class. I let out a heavy sigh as the thought of being late again dwelled into my mind. Everyone was probably already down the hall, walking toward the packed cafeteria, perhaps they already sat down to eat. My teacher was a guy who was constantly late in dismissing the class for lunch and that personally angers me quite an amount because I lose time in hanging out with my friends, especially Ren, who is easily crowded around within our group.

After walking down the hallway for a while, I finally saw our group of JR, Baekho, Ren, and Aron next to a window, talking in the usu

Please log in to read the full chapter