Our Day

Our Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

Minhyun's P.o.V

 

2013, November 3 - 9:30 a.m.

 

The sweet aroma of butter and cream began to expand throughout the house, mixing the sweet smell of the cake with the light fragrance of Ren. Looking at the two plates of perfectly formed round cakes, I was pleasantly satisfied with the results. Although it wasn't my first time making pancakes, it is neither my 100th time, I am not exactly familiar with it nor have I became a professional but I was still quite proud of myself. Living alone has it disadvantages as well as advantages because you learn to do everything alone and become capable of taking care of yourself but it isn't necessarily easy either especially if you were used to being taken care of like I was. I heaved out a light sigh once again as I placed the plates onto the coffee table in the living room.

 

Therefore, I have finally finished making pancakes for Minki and myself, but there is one thing which I haven't yet done for the morning. I have prepared a mini present today for Ren although it's not my true and final present to Minki today. The reason to such is because I have a much better gift to have Ren receive tonight and the thing I have bought with me this morning is simply too plain. Minki was the type of guy who likes sweets such as cake, ice creams, and chocolates. Ren likes chocolate exceptionally well which made so I went out yesterday morning at 6a.m. and lined up for 2 hours to our neighborhood’s best patisseries shop to buy them. The chocolates which I have lined up so painfully yesterday were the shop’s specialty, caramel chocolate.

 

Once I sat down at the sofa, I noticed my reflection through the TV placed across. I realized then that I was still grinning from ear to ear although I have sighed quite an amount since 7 a.m. Studying my reflection much more closely I perceived that my face were perhaps frozen because such smile seemed to be glued onto my skin. I tried to frown but it did not succeed as the stupid smile of mine still stayed on.

 

Minhyun-ah? What are you doing? I was startled by the sudden melody of my little angel that I jumped back into the seat. When Ren saw that I have jumped back into sofa with widened eyes staring at him confusedly, he began giggling softly. His soft giggle soon erupted into a cute laughter that sounded throughout the living room like a melodic song. I was frozen there for a few seconds as I stared at him laughing next to the TV across from the sofa I sat in before I was burned into life by the heat rising onto my cheeks. Seeing that my lover was laughing so happily in front of me created a warm feeling in my heart and automatically created a soft smile onto my face. A few moments later, I found myself standing up and walking over to my love.

 

Minki-ah, why are you so cute? I asked as I wrapped my arms around his waist lovingly.

 

W-what are you saying… Ren has stopped laughing as a rosy blush replaced the pale color of his cheeks.

 

Come, let’s eat breakfast, I made pancakes. I said sweetly as I placed a kiss onto the top of his head, into his blonde fluffy hair.

 

Minhyun… I’m grateful that you went out of your way and made pancakes but I… Ren has escaped from my arms as he began wobbling toward the couch.

 

Come on Minki-ah, you need to eat. Didn’t you just lose 2kg last month? Today is your birthday, at least eat for me, okay? I strolled after him, grabbing him into my arms again as I covered his hair in kisses once again before reaching for his waist with my arms. Just look, your waist has gotten so much smaller. It’s probably not even the width of my head.

 

You’re exaggerating, I didn’t even lose that much. Ren said pouting as he gently tried to release himself from my arms.

 

Please? Just one bite? I promise it’ll taste fine. I said as I released him from my embrace and sat him down onto the sofa. Taking a fork, I pieced out a part of the cake and began trying to feed Ren.

 

I trust your skills… I just don’t want to eat so early in the morning. Minki gently pushed the fork before his mouth towards mine. So, please eat it yourself? Minki let out a dazzling smile, bright enough that may have made me blind. I almost fell for his trick when I went into sudden realization that he had wanted to pave his way out knowing that I was weak to his smile.

I'm not going to fall for it this time. I said with a pout. Minki please, I spend hours making this.

F-fine. Ren said as he puckered his heart-shaped lips, making them more attractive than they already were. I had to muster all of my might to control myself from kissing his lips or he'll not be able to eat. Ren slowly parted his lips so that his mouth was partially open, open enough for me to able to feed him.

Minki-ah, saranghae so open up wide. I began grinning happily as Ren opened his mouth a little wider so that it was easier for me to feed him.

Minhyun, stop feeding me and eat yourself. Minki stopped my hand before his mouth and grabbed the fork from my hand and began eating himself. Although I knew that he was only eating so that I was able to eat, I was glad that he was eating. It also warmed my heart greatly knowing that he cared for me, even going out of his way to eat breakfast even though he never does.

We began chattering about our dorky friends during breakfast; speaking about the stupid things they have done. It was kind of obvious from about a month ago when Aron and JR announced that they have began dating. I told him Ren how I already expected that since junior high when Minki admitted that he was extremely surprised by this news. Ren stated that although it was unexpected, he believes that they'll last till the end while I joked that they probably won't last a year because of their personality differences. Baekho also came up in our conversation as about how he made it into the kendo nationals instead because there wasn't a kumdo national. I personally didn't like talking much about Baekho because Minki became closer to him lately and I was worried that I'll be thrown away. Ren used to be really close with Aron, but it changed last year when Minki began living by himself. During that period of time, he was distancing himself from everyone and I had used that chance to get close to him. Baekho also often visited Ren and since he was a cheerful guy, he got along well with Minki. 

Aron went to America for about 3 months a month after Minki began living by himself so they grew pretty distanced then. It was a bit awkward for Minki when Aron came back from the States and continued their close skin ship once again. Although they kept a close relationship, it wasn't as close as when they were still in junior high. As for JR, he never gave up on chasing Ren but there was a period of time when he had to leave for Japan because of his parents and sadly for him, during his stay in Japan, he received news that Minki and I began an relationship. JR came back early from his trip after receiving the news and he was not very happy about it as he charged to my house right after returning. I sustained a punch from him but he then announced that he will give up on Ren but that same day, Baekho came over as well. He charged into my house and took the pizza I had ordered and walked away. I believed him to be upset about Minki and I together but he sent a text the next day apologizing for the pizza but stated that he would not give up. 

JR and Aron somehow got together not much longer after then while Baekho dedicated himself more to kendo. Up until August, my birthday, everyone was basically absorbed into their own world but Ren got us together for my birthday.

2013, November 3 - 11 a.m.

After a 30 minute drive, Minki and I finally arrived at Seoul Amusement Park (not sure if this is actually a place). Since it was November, it was extremely cold so I was dressed up in a black overcoat with a striped long-sleeved shirt underneath and a white pair of pants. Ren had pulled his blonde hair into a ponytail and he was wearing his black skinny jeans with a white long-sleeve underneath a wool sweater. I felt eyes following us as we made our way into the park as both females and males turned to look. Minki was dressed very casually but he still managed to pull attention. I grabbed his hand gently but quickly and began hastening our pace, trying to not gather attention.

Look at that girl, she's so pretty, I'm jealous.

Who's that? A kpop idol?

Is that her boyfriend? He's lucky.

Oh my, the guy is handsome too though. They're such a cute couple.

They're both really tall, do you think they're models?

It's amazing how casually they're dressed but they still look so dazzling.

As we made our way through the crowd, I heard countless whispers directed at us. I began grinning when I heard people mention how perfect and cute we looked together but I constantly frowned as I heard guys making hints at Minki.

Minhyun-ah? I heard Minki ask behind me. Hearing him call me, I slowly turned around and saw him panting softly. Why are you walking so fast? 

Oh, I'm sorry Rennie. I slowed our pace and got close to him, covering him from prying eyes. Are you okay?

Yeah. I was just startled when you suddenly began walking so quickly. Minki looked into my eyes and I was absorbed into his deep orbs as I continued to make eye contact with him. Minhyun-ah?

Oh yes. Sorry, let's get going. After feeling Minki's hand in my grasp again, I began walking toward one of the rides.

2013, November 3, 5:45 p.m.

Ren and I are now in the car with full smiles as I pulled out of the amusement park. We enjoyed ourselves completely today trying almost all of the rides in Seoul Amusement Park, including the arcade and the Ghost House. I was really happy because Minki looked like he really had fun today and he even won some stuffed animals which he loved so much since he was younger.

Minki-ah, we're now going to the movie theater. I got tickets to watch that one movie you really wanted to watch, "The Release of Your Soul" (completely made up by me), and it's about 1 hour and 40 minutes long, it starts at 6. It's 5:45 right now so we're going to make it there just in ti

Please log in to read the full chapter