The Sleeping You - Aron's time

Our Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

Author's P.o.V

2013, November 3 - 8:45 p.m.

Minhyun was forcibly yet gently pulled into the backseat of one of the several officer cars around the bloody scene by a man dressed in his uniform. The officer pushed Minhyun into the car with the help of the previous man in his 40's, the ahjussi, because Minhyun was strapped to the street. When they took Minki into the ambulance he had continued to cry and plead for them to release Ren in angry shouts. The bystanders had watched with sighs and whispers as they saw Minhyun slowly lose his sanity screaming for his poor lover who has been carried away. The officers were trying to haul Minhyun back from running toward the ambulance till it was out of sight. But, as soon as the white van was nowhere to be seen, Minhyun broke down and kneeled at the floor. He has stopped screaming and yelling but he was still crying. The officers who held him back had loosened their hold on him and decided to leave but one of them decided to stay as he questioned Minhyun.

Sir, he said, do you know the young man who has been hit? I know it must been hard but we need to go to the hospital. The officer remained blabbering while Minhyun only looked down at the ground. The remaining bystanders was whispering among themselves as they looked pitifully at the man crouching at the floor. 

Poor man...it must have been someone close. Ahjumma 1 - One of the nearby ahjumma whispered to her two friends who stood with her.

Perhaps, it was his lover. Ahjumma 2

I don't think so... it was a man... Ahjumma 3

Are they, gay? Ahjumma 1

It's such a shame... Ahjumma 2

Indeed... it was really sad. Just look at him... Ahjumma 1

Did you see him screaming? He was really heartbroken... Ahjumma 3

No way, did you see and hear when he was embracing that man? He called him to wake up... Ahjumma 1

Poor man, he probably can't accept the fact that he was hit. Ahjumma 3

Talking about that young man who was hit. Wasn't he really beautiful? Ahjumma 2

Indeed he was! Oh god, I couldn't believe what I saw. He was completely flawless. I even thought it was a girl. Ahjumma 3

I agree! Did you see him lying? Dear, he looked like an angel with his blood like that... Ahjumma 1

Yes, red wings! It such a shame how such a beauty is met with such a thing.  Ahjumma 2

With him looking like that, do you think, perhaps he was a model? Ahjumma 3

No, I don't think so. Never seen him. Ahjumma 2

Talking about that young man... I don't mind if he was gay. I mean, he totally can pull any guy off their feet. Ahjumma 1

I have to agree with that. Such a mesmerizing man, he can turn any man gay. Ahjumma 3

If I was a guy, I wouldn't mind dating him. Much less being a women. Oh, how I wish I was younger! Ahjumma 1

But, really. It must be devastating for this young man.... Ahjumma 2

Hopefully everything is fine. Ahjumma 3

Minhyun was frozen and confused while mentally battling the emotions and thoughts swelling inside. He had watched a car run straight into his lover while being unable to do and prevent anything from occurring. He also saw his lover lying on the street with blood flowing out of him that never stopped till the whole street was stained red. He had kneeled next to his lover and embraced him while he gradually become cold with each passing second. Minhyun had embraced him in tears while calling out to him but never received a reply. Finally, they forcibly took his lover away and restrained Minhyun from getting close to him to stop them. 

Minhyun sat in the back emptily as he looked down at his hands which were tainted red with blood. His hands were stained with his lover's blood when he previously held onto him, just a few minutes back before they had vigorously pulled them apart. Minhyun kept silent as he continued to look down at his hands but his tears had never stopped since he saw the car crashing into his lover just 40 minutes ago. The officer who questioned him beforehand climbed into the driver's seat while another got into the passenger seat. The driver looked at Minhyun through his rear view mirror and sighed when he saw him looking blankly at his hands while his tears fell. The man in the passenger seat lightly patted the driver on the shoulder before nodding, signaling him to drive. The driver sighed once again before looking about at the man in the passenger before nodding as a response and started the engine. He took one last glance at Minhyun before he stepped onto the pedal and drove toward the hospital. 

After 5 minutes of driving, Minhyun finally looked up from his hands and starred straight across, through the windshield. He saw the white van which he knew Minki was in, right ahead, perhaps 2 or 3 cars ahead of them. Minhyun had stopped crying but his eyes lingered and stayed at the van ahead. He began mumbling as he stared intensely yet lovingly at the van. Minki-ah, are you sleeping? I'll be there soon, so please wait just a little bit more. At that moment, he hated that he was separated from his Ren. He hated that they were so far apart when Ren was so vulnerable and he abhorred the fact that unknown men can be touching his Ren. HIS Ren.... How dare them... touching Minki with their dirty hands. Minki-ah, just a little more....I'll be there soon.

Approximately 20 minutes, the ambulance and officer car that Minhyun was in, which was closely following the white van, arrived outside the hospital at the emergency entrance. Minhyun slowly and stupidly got out of the car as he watch 3 man in white climbing out of the van and then carrying his beautiful sleeping lover out. They had moved him into and through the entrance screaming for people to get out of the way and calling for doctors and nurses to prepare for an emergency operation. As Minhyun walked into the hospital he heard over the speaker a nurse shouting, CODE BLUE CODE BLUE, Emergency doctors and nearby nurses please report to operation room 2703... I repeat. Surgeons and nurses please report to operation room 2703. The patient has been involved in a car accident. CODE BLUE CODE BLUE, please report to operation room 2703. Minhyun strode slowly to the nurses desk where he saw and heard the nurse shouting over the speaker. His eyes were red but empty and blank as he reached the desk. He tried stabling himself while he lightly whispered....

Where is operation room 2703? I'm friends with the man who was involved in the car accident. Minhyun managed to ask, the nurse looked up at him before hesitantly answering, Go through these double doors and continue down the hall till then turn left and then turn right at the second intersection. Continue down that hallway and then turn left at the third intersection. The operation room is in that hallway but they are probably in operation right now. So please wait outside. Minhyun nodded as he bowed slightly to show his appreciation and then walked through the double doors and followed the nurse's direction till he reached an empty hallway with double doors at the end and a sign above it that read, "IN OPERATION". The sign was lit so Minhyun figured that the surgery was taking place. He sat down at one of the benches while he reflected over what just happened. Minhyun was extremely confused that he was surprised that he even heard what the nurse had said and successfully made his way toward the operation room which Minki was in. Minhyun was suddenly awoke to reality when he realized that he had to contact his friends... they had to know that Ren is currently in the hospital... 

Minhyun took his phone out as his fingers shakenly scrolled across the screen to unlock it and then moved to his contact before tapping the number. Minhyun did everything in a daze until he heard a sound behind the phone. He quickly put the phone next to his ears before he began talking...

Hello?

Oh Minhyun! What's up? The cheerful voice on the other side answered, Aron.

Ren....Minki...he...

What's up with Ren? Did he agree to your proposal? Minhyun heard a snort on the other side, maybe Baekho or JR.

No, Minki he...

Oh come on, out with it.

Is Baekho and JR with you? 

Baekho and JR? Yeah they are, why? Going to brag about your success? Minhyun heard a coldish voice on the other side. What, is he going to brag? It was JR.

No...Hyung....I...Minki....Ren....he...

What's wrong? Did something happen? Minhyun cold hear the worry and concern that began to gather in Aron's voice as Minhyun began to stutter.

H-Hyung....please....come to the h-hospital. M-M-Minki, h-he...he was hit by a car.

OH MY DEAR LORD! What did you say!? Aron began screaming loudly through the phone and Minhyun heard JR in the background asking what happened with a bit of worry in his voice. Minhyun also heard Baekho calling over Aron asking if he was okay.

H-Hyung, please come. Minki...he got into an accident

Please log in to read the full chapter