Dream Guy ✨

Shorties

 

I keep on dreaming about him.

 

His eyes.

His smiles.

His laugh.

His bad jokes.

 

I can’t get him out of my head.

 

I think I’m losing my mind.

 

God, he’s gorgeous.

 

 

 

These past few weeks you’ve been having dreams about a certain guy.

 

You have no idea who this guy is and why he keeps appearing in your dreams, but surprisingly, you didn’t mind. Every time he appears, which is almost every single night, it’s always the same scenario:

 

You see him from a distance. You run up to him and once you arrive, you’re greeted with his smile that shined brighter than the gentle moonlight.

 

You took note of your surroundings. The both of you were high up on a hill overlooking the city below. As usual, there was a blanket laid out on the grass and a picnic basket right beside it.

 

He motions you to sit and you happily obliged. You spent the next few moments talking with him and him making so many bad jokes you can’t help but playfully roll your eyes at.

 

“Hey. What did the skeleton say in French?”

 

“What?”

 

“BONE-jour!”

 

You honestly can’t remember the things that you discussed with him, but somehow you can’t seem to forget his (bad) jokes. You even write his jokes on your dream journal as soon as you wake up.

 

(He’s already made 30 cringe-worthy jokes so far.)

 

Anyway--

 

Then suddenly it’s time to leave.

 

“Well, it’s time for me to go.” He flashes you a melancholic smile and you felt a tug at your heartstrings.

 

“Will I see you again?” You asked, looking at him with hopeful eyes.

 

He looks at you lovingly and tucks a stray hair from your face. He chuckles.

 

“What’s so funny?”

 

He smiles. There goes your heartstrings again. “Oh nothing. You’ll see me again soon, I promise.”

 

You nodded and held out your pinky finger. He held out his and proceeded to entwine his little finger with yours, signifying that a promise has been made.

 

“May I at least know your name?”

 

“I’ll tell you the next time we meet.”

 

“But.. may I know now please? I just want to call you by your name next time.”

 

He smiles, “Alright.”

 

You held your breath, this is it.

 

“My name is-”

 

Then that’s it.

 

You wake up.

 

 


 

 

From all the nights you spent dreaming about the guy, you didn’t have a clue on what his name is. Maybe it was best that you didn’t know. He’s just a fiction of your imagination after all. But even so, you can’t help but feel that he’s real and that he’s out there somewhere.

 

Last night’s dream was baffling you though. The dream went on as usual, but there was one thing he said that your mind can’t seem to forget.

 

"I’ll tell you the next time we meet."

 

What does he mean by that?

 

“Hey did you hear? We’re having a new transfer student today.” One of your classmates told a friend.

 

I wonder if the person’s nice, you thought. Suddenly, the desk in front of you made a noise. You looked up from you dream journal and saw your friend, Jeonghan, sit at the desk in front of you. You smiled.

 

“Morning  Jeong-jeong.”

 

He chuckled at the nickname, “Good morning. Any new jokes?” He asked, peering at your dream journal.

 

You closed your journal and chuckled, “There is, but I'll tell it with the gang later.”

 

“Aw come on. I wanna hear one now!”

 

You shook your head and smiled, “Good things come to those who wait, Jeonghan.” Smirking, you put your dream journal in your bag where it’s safe and sound.

 

“Fine.” He huffed, “I heard we’re having a transfer student today! Seungcheol told me just now.”

 

“Yeah, I heard the girls mention it as well. I just hope the person’s nice.” You shrugged.

 

“I have a feeling he is.”

 

He?

 

You were about to ask what he meant by that when the teacher suddenly came inside the classroom. Jeonghan smiled at you once more before turning around to the front as you frowned. Remind me to ask him about that later.

 

The teacher smiled, “Good morning class.”

 

“Good morning Miss.” We said in unison.

 

“I have an announcement.” She scanned the room, “Someone new will be joining this class. Please come in.”

 

As soon as the person came in the room, whispers and murmurs amongst the students filled the four walls of the classroom. You can’t help but stare in awe.

 

 

| I keep on dreaming about him. |

 

 

“Woah he’s really good looking.” You heard your seatmate say to the person in front of her.

 

“I know right?!”

 

 

| His eyes. |

 

 

You noticed him scan the classroom as soon as he went inside. Those eyes, why are they so familiar.

 

“--, nice to meet you all. I hope to get along with you guys in the future.” He said, flashing a smile that made almost all the girls in the class swoon. You didn’t get to hear the first part of what he said due to all the murmuring.

 

 

| His smiles. |

 

 

Once again he was examining the room when his gaze landed on your confused ones. Your confused gaze turned into shock when he suddenly smiled softly at you. You felt a light tug at your heartstrings.

 

You fought the urge to blush but failed miserably.

 

Did he just smile at me? Me. Out of all people he could smile at, it had to be me. What the-??

 

You thought as you huffed, still fighting the urge to turn into a bright red tomato. Somehow, in the back of your mind, there was this small idea that you’ve seen him before.

 

But where?

 

 

| His laughs. |

 

 

“My my, looks like we’ll be having another heartthrob here.” The teacher cooed. You heard your female classmates giggle at one another.

 

Then you heard it.

 

You heard him laugh.

 

You were shocked once more as you saw his hand cover his mouth as he chuckled, hiding his beautiful pearly whites from the rest of us. Is he..?

 

“Okay that’s enough. Why don’t you go sit at the empty desk over there?” The teacher said, pointing at the empty desk at your right.

 

 

| His bad jokes. |

 

 

You can’t take your eyes off him. You know you’ve seen him somewhere before, but you can’t seem to put your finger on where exactly you met him.

 

He nodded once to the teacher, bowed to the class, and proceeded to go to the seat beside you.

 

You were so preoccupied in your thoughts that didn’t notice him already sit at the desk beside yours. Once he sat down, he lightly tapped your shoulder. You nearly flinched at the contact.

 

He beamed at you, “What did one bean say to the other bean?”

 

You blinked, “What?”

 

“How you bean?”

 

You can’t help but roll your eyes and chuckle, the joke was extra cheesy.  

 

 

| I can’t seem to get him out of my head. |

 

 

You can’t believe it.

 

Is he really the guy that’s constantly appearing in your dreams? Everything about him is so familiar; His eyes, his smile, his laugh, even his bad sense of humor.

 

No, he can’t be the guy.

 

After all, the one in your dreams is only a fiction of your imagination; Someone that was created in your mind to fulfill your romantic fantasies.

 

But even so, you can’t help but wonder. Nothing’s impossible, right? He might be the mysterious guy in your dreams; your dream guy.

 

It can’t be.

 

Can it?

 

 

| I think I’m losing my mind. |

 

 

You sighed as you took out your dream journal. Then, a thought popped into mind. You suddenly looked at him and, to your surprise, he was already looking at you curiously.

 

 You lightly blushed, “I’m sorry. I know this might sound crazy but, I think I’ve already seen you somewhere before.”

 

“Really?” He smiled. Dang it, calm down heart. “I can say the same to you.”

 

You widened your eyes, W-what?

 

“Wait, what?”

 

He shook his head and chuckled, He did it again. It felt like déjà vu all over again. “Oh, nothing.”

 

 You smiled, nervously fidgeting your fingers “Um, I didn’t get to hear your name earlier so, may I know what it is?”

 

Out of habit, you held your breath.

 

He flashed you one of his dazzling smiles.

 

It’s him.

 

“Joshua. My name is Joshua Hong, nice to finally meet you.”

 

 

| God, he’s gorgeous. |