Good Morning ☀

Shorties

 

( A/N: Thoughts are italicized~ Enjoy! (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧ )

 

 


 

 

You woke up to the sound of clanking pots and the delicious aroma of food.

 

'Strange' you thought.

 

You came to the conclusion that it was your mother, who promised to come and visit you atleast once a month in fear of missing her one and only child too much, cooking and making all of those wonderful smells at you and your boyfriend's apartment so early in the morning. In amidst to all of that, you smiled at the thought of your boyfriend.

 

It has been exactly two months since you both last saw each other. Due to his hectic schedule and immense preparations for Seventeen's comeback, it was hard to keep in touch with him, let alone see him. The fact that you live miles, or better yet, countries away from him doesn't help either.

 

Long distance calls and skyping became the norm for the both of you. There was never a day that both of you would not skype or call each other, even if it's just a 30-second call or maybe him accidentally falling asleep while skyping. As long as you get to see his face or hear his melodious voice.

 

These days, he hasn't been contacting you that much.

 

He became too busy and preoccupied due to, as you said before, the preparations for Seventeen's upcoming comeback. You were never the type to sulk and complain that he hasn't been talking to you lately because you know that that will just add up to his stress, and you don't want that. He's already pressured enough from his work.

 

Instead, you just understood that he's been focusing on his work, doing his absolute best for their comeback to be successful, and patiently waiting and mentally cheering him on while continuing on with life.

 

Although, there are times when you would miss him terribly and you would just hug your pillows at night and imagine that he was there beside you, his loud snores (surprisingly) lulling you to sleep. You would then wake up the next day feeling the left traces of teardrops on your pillow.

 

As much as you want him to come back as soon as possible, you don't have the guts to tell him.

 

The way he talks about Seventeen's new music, and how the members are working so hard on their new album is enough for you to see his passion and dedication to his work and you don't want to take that all away with one petty request of yours.

 

Sighing, you stretched your arms and proceeded to go to the kitchen to find out what kind of meal is in store for your rumbling stomach.

 

Two steps from the door of your room, you realized somehing.

 

'Wait. Mom already visited me last week.'

 

You looked at the calendar behind the door, 'I remember her saying that she's going on a trip with dad and won't be back til' next month..' you shrugged and thought that the trip probably got cancelled as you opened your bedroom door and went to the kitchen.

 

"Mom what are you doing here I thought you had a trip with dad--" You stood still, staring in disbelief at the person in front of you. Words cannot express what you're feeling right now.

 

"Y-you're back."

 

He turns off the gas stove, turns around, and gives you that dazzling eye smile that you know and love.

 

You dash towards him before wrapping your arms around his neck, and your legs around his torso. He let out an 'Oomph' as you caged him a bear hug and wrapped his arms securely around your waist. You fought hard not to let the tears fall from your eyes.

 

"I can't believe you're back Jihoon." He smiles and sighs contentedly, tightly wrapping his arms around you.

 

He was finally home.

 

"Good morning to you too babe."