(Kyungsoo) Wishing on a Star

Blissful Stories II (Requests Open)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wishing on a Star
Feat. Kyungsoo of EXO
(Author personal one shot)

 

You ran as fast as you could to the landing. Tonight was the night. The comet was coming and you couldn’t wait to see it. All week long the weather and news channels were talking about the comet crossing your skies. It was perfect. Tonight was perfect. You pushed the bundle of branches out of your way. You were traveling north through the dense forest that lay behind your house. You’ve lived in this house and these woods since you were a child.

It may not have been the most ideal place for a child to grow up, but you didn’t mind. You knew the forest, the mountains and rivers like the back of your hand. You knew the rocks, flowers and animals like you knew your family –well those family members that dared to venture out past civilization. The forest was your own fantasy world and you couldn’t be happier.

Your breathing quickened when you saw the landing straight ahead. A loud howl came from behind you and a sly smirk came across your face. He was here. You told him about the comet, but considering he was a wolf, you couldn’t fully know whether he understood what you were saying. Your legs moved faster. You wouldn’t let him beat you. He always beat you in a race, yes he was a wolf, but you were strong and fast too. You had just come into complete view, when that darn wolf of yours cut across you.

You squealed, put on the brakes, and tumbled over trying not to run into him. You landed hard on the ground groaning out in agony.

“Kyungsoo!” You gripped the earth below you your head rising. Kyungsoo sat in front of you with his big eyes and sweet face staring at you confused, his tail swayed gently. “Oh no you don’t!” You stood up, “Don’t try to pull off the sweet and innocent act. You are an evil thing and you know it!” You dusted yourself off approaching him.

He stood up his tail wagging happily. Kyungsoo has been one of your best friends since you were a child. You found him as a pup out in the forest one day and raised him, until he was too big to keep in the house. You didn’t want to let him free in the forest, but your parents told you it was for the best, which in fact it was. He would hunt not only for himself, but for you and your family. He was the ideal pet; that is if wolves could be pets.

You planted your down on the ground near the edge of the landing. You took out your watch and saw you had exactly three minutes until the show would start. Kyungsoo came to your side planting his head on your lap. You his untamed fur while smiling. He was still sweet, kind and evil as ever. You were worried that when you let him freely roam the forest, he might never come back, but you were wrong. Every day when you left the house he was there waiting for you. He learned your schedule and knew exactly when it was time for you, in the words of your parents, “explore the world.”

You scratched behind his ear and he let out a gentle howl. He loved it when you did that. You could feel his leg shake gently letting you know you found the right spot. He was perfect, absolutely perfect.

You checked your watch, only a few more seconds. You removed your hand from Kyungsoo and brought out a bag of plain potato chips. The moment the bag ruffled, Kyungsoo was sitting up right beside you staring between you and the bag.

You smirked opening it up, “What didn’t bring a snack for yourself?” You took a chip out eating it. “That’s too bad.” A low growl came from Kyungsoo making you arch your eyebrow, “What was that, Kyungsoo? Did you just growl at me? That is no way to get a chip.” You turned from him, “And here I was going to give you the second one, but I don’t think I will anymore.”

A small whimper and a gentle nudge of your arm brought a sweet smile to your lips. You glanced back to see his ears were down, and his head was hanging low, but those big brown eyes looked up at making your heart melt.

“Awe, Kyungsoo…” You turned back wrapping your arms around him. “You know I love you!” You snuggled up to him kissing his head. “I was going to give you one anyway.” You pulled a chip out holding it in the palm of your hands. Kyungsoo’s eyes brightened and he scarfed down the chip. “Good boy…” You ruffled his fur.

Kyungsoo raised his head and gave you a quick on your cheek, then gave you a couple on your lips making you giggle.

“Yah! Kyungsoo!” You squealed when he kept your lips. “Okay, okay enough kisses!” You pushed him away from you gently and gasped. “Kyungsoo! Look!” You pointed up to the sky. “It’s the comet!”

You both watched the comet fly across the dark blue sky that was lit up by the stars. It was a magnificent sight. Seeing something like this happens only once in a lifetime, and the fact that you get to spend it with your best friend made it even better. When the comet was gone you sighed leaning back on your arms still staring at the sky remembering the amazing spectacle.

“That was amazing, don’t you think?” You turned to see Kyungsoo staring at you his ears perked up. “My thoughts exactly!” You smiled turning back to the sky. With one last sigh you pushed yourself back up and dug into the bag of chips again. When you looked up another amazing sight flashed before your eyes. Shooting stars!

You quickly closed your eyes and made your wish, one that you wished desperately for a long time. You opened your eyes smiling brightly. You reached down for your chips, but they weren’t there anymore. You gasped and turned to find Kyungsoo with his muzzle inside the bag.

“Kyungsoo!” Your voice echoed over the mountains.

 

☄☄☄

 

“(Y/N)!” You could hear your mother calling you. “(Y/N)!”

You groaned feeling your whole body aching terribly. You rolled over onto your back to find the surface below you was hard as a rock. Your arms stretched out to rub across something dewy and stringing. You opened your eyes to find the morning sky smiling down at you. You gasped springing up from where you laid, your hand quickly supporting your aching neck.

“What the heck?” You looked around confused. “Did I sleep out here all night?” You looked down to where you remember Kyungsoo was to find he was not there at all. “Thanks for ditching me…” You grumbled struggling to stand up. “Ouch!” You whined, “Never again…never again…” You whined making your way back to your home.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter