JongHo : Let me be the one

SHINee Drabbles/Oneshots for those interested???

This was created specially for oas2310 who wanted more JongHo fuff. Based on this " i'm not sure it would be good but the main idea is that Jjong needs someone (especially Minho here kekeke) to protect/comfort/care of him. I leave from here. " So, hope you will enjoy this oneshot from me... Sorry if it's not what you had in mind..

 

Anyway... Thanks for reading...

 

**********************************************************

 

Tick.... Tock..... Tick.... Tock....

 

 

A rustling was heard coming from the occupied bed as the owner tried his best to sleep. Different positions were tried before he gave up. Sighing deeply, he sat up as his eyes glanced at the wall clock that seemed to be mocking him. It was 4.45am and Jonghyun was not back yet. Minho knew that he was at the recording studio, doing some last minute composing. Ever since the release of 'She Is', Jjong's reputation as a singer-songwriter had been given a higher boost when Beyonce's manager contacted SM to request for a collaboration track for her upcoming movie. Apparently, Beyonce had been given Jonghyun's album by one of her cousins who is a huge K-pop fan, insisting that Beyonce checked out this amazing singer-songwriter. By the time Beyonce listened to the first few tracks, she had heard enough to be impressed and wanted to work with Jonghyun. Hysterical was the mild version of Jonghyun's emotions. To be recognised as a talent by one of the famous singers around could certainly be said as one of his greatest moment in life. Without a doubt, he would be honored to work with Beyonce and immediately said 'Yes'. (A/N: OMG!! This would be so totally awesome if this were to come true)

 

 

 

Minho knew that to have this as part of his hyung's achievements would mean the world to him, but Minho just can't stop himself from worrying. Releasing, producing and composing 'She Is' had taken its toll on Jonghyun. Already, Minho could see that Jonghyun had lost weight. He tried to joke about it by saying that he is now within the same weight range as Taemin and Key but Minho was not amused. He could see the drooping of Jonghyun's shoulders, the pronounced dip of his collarbone, the sharpness of his jawline. Plus, their schedules were not helping in allaying Minho's worries. Jonghyun had to start composing a song for Beyonce on top of his daily schedule as the deejay of Blue Night and, god knows, the numerous fansigns and magazine photoshoots that he had to go through. Running his fingers across his messy hair, Minho groaned as he felt a sense of helplessness. He wanted to help Jonghyun out but short of changing his physical appearance to be his hyung's double to ease his burdens, he really did not know what to do.

 

 

 

Throwing himself back onto his mattress, Minho knew that what he felt did not come recently. In fact, he had started feeling this way since they were still trainees. The moment he had introduced himself to the four boys in that room, his eyes had immediately zoomed on this cute boy who was wearing his school uniform and carrying his guitar in a y way. As Minho was afraid of Jonghyun's reactions if his feelings were to be revealed, he had to pretend whatever cute interactions they had as a couple was all part of fanservice. All these years of hiding his feelings would have been going just fine by Minho's standards since he had never expected anything to come out of it. However, the current situation warrants some kind of action from Minho. He knew that he could not just ignore Jjong's obvious weight loss and lack of sleep.

 

 

 

Sounds from outside the bedroom woke Minho up. He did not realised that he had fallen asleep while waiting for Jonghyun. Quickly wearing his black wifebeater, Minho exited his room only to find Jonghyun opening up their kitchen cabinets. "Jonghyun hyung.. What are you doing?" A pair of eye peeked out from the cabinet before Jonghyun stood up and scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "Um, sorry, Minho... I was a bit hungry and wanted to cook something simple."

 

 

 

"Hyung, if you wanted something to eat, you could have woken me up. I'll be glad to make you my famous Kimchi Fried Rice. Now, go and sit at the sofa, watch some tv or something like that and let me do the cooking. Your meal will be ready soon." Minho gently commanded while he put on an apron. His heart floating in the clouds as he found something that he can do to help his hyung. Jonghyun nodded and said his thanks before moving to the living room. His movements slow and tired.

 

 

 

He did not even realised that he had fallen asleep until Minho woke him up. Jonghyun wanted to tell Minho that he was not hungry anymore but he could not bear seeing the hurt in his favourite dongsaeng's eyes. He knew that Minho was trying his best to take care of him and be a good dongsaeng. Jonghyun was really appreciative, he truly was but right now, all he wanted to do was to sleep. In a few hours, he would have to be on a long flight to USA to meet up with Beyonce's management team to work out some minor details to their collaboration.

 

 

 

"Come, hyung... Let's eat.... Minho already cooked so you must eat... Please.. Please.. Please.." Minho knew his hyung was dead tired but he could not let Jonghyun sleep without food in his stomach.Not only it was bad for his health, he did not want his hyung to end up having stomach ulcers due to his irregular eating pattern. So, Minho decided to bring forth his aegyo. He knew that Jonghyun would not be able to resist his aegyo. Pouting his lips while he fluttered his eyelashes onto his big eyes, Minho clasped his hands together. "Jjongie-hyung.... Minho-ya is hungry because Minho haven't eaten yet. Jjongie-hyung... Eat with Minho?"

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun who was super tired just a few moments ago, just had to laugh looking at Minho's cute attempt to get him to eat. "Aish, this kid.. How can Jjongie-hyung resist your aegyo?" Putting his hands onto his knees, Jonghyun gave himself a boost. " Okay... Okay .. I'm up... I'm up... Let's go and eat before you kill me with your cuteness." Minho gave a quick dance of victory before he went to the kitchen to accompany his Jonghyun hyung to keep an eye out, in case Jonghyun decided to sleep there too.

 

 

*******************************************

 

 

"Jonghyun hyung, do you have your passport? Your handphone charger? Your laptop with all the music files?" Minho asked while waiting for their respective flights to be announced in the VIP lounge area. Jonghyun on the way to Los Angeles while Minho was going to attend a few Coach events in New York. "Yes... Yes, Minho.. I got everything here. Don't worry... You have been hanging out with Key too long. You are starting to sound just like him." Jonghyun chuckled. "Aww, Hyung.. that's mean... You know no one can replace Key Umma.... Besides, I was just being concerned." Minho pouted as he crossed his arms, fully aware that he could get away with such behaviour in the private area where no fans were allowed to enter. "Don't think I don't know that your insomnia got worse ever since you got this collaboration.... Hyung, promise me you'll be okay while you are at LA, eat well and get enough sleep... Or... Or... Or I will get Key to go to full umma mode and nag you to death.." Minho hmmmphed with a smirk.

 

 

 

Jonghyun shuddered in fright, thinking of Key. He was most afraid of Key when he went into his umma mode, bearing the brunt of most of the naggings when they all started to live in the dorms together those many years ago. It was a huge relief to know that they were allowed to have their own homes and Key immediately took the opportunity to leave, saying something about more space for his clothes and accessories, leaving the dorm quieter than ever. Jonghyun would never admit it but there were times when he missed Key's loud naggings, but the thing that he really missed the most while being away from the dorm was Minho's care and concern. Jonghyun knew that his favourite dongsaeng was a kind and caring person, always thinking of others before himself but there were times when he could feel a slight difference in the way how Minho treated the rest of the members and himself. Remembering a day weeks ago when Minho came for his performance at Music Core, Jonghyun had felt special indeed. He knew that the younger man had not wanted to be back there due to the sad memories of his days as MuCore emcee before they decided to re-format the show, but the fact that Minho came to support him, filled his heart with so much love that he almost confessed his feelings right there and then.

 

 

 

 

Thankfully, he did not as he would not want his relationship with Minho to be strained. All the years of fanservice would have to suffice and Jonghyun would rather keep his feelings in his heart than to have Minho reject and be awkward around him later on. Seeing that it was getting harder for Jonghyun to continue hiding his feelings due to the minor slip-ups which he hoped no one noticed that ranged from a longer stare to words that can be mistaken as something else, Jonghyun was glad that he would have these few weeks away so that he could finally concentrate on what he was supposed to do. Maybe, this ache that he was feeling at the moment might be the inspiration that he was looking for.

 

 

 

************************************************

 

 

The weather was cold was Jonghyun's first thought the moment he stepped out of the airport with Gyeongshik hyung. 14 hours ago, he had left Minho who was still waiting for his flight to New York and already, his heart missed Minho so much that it hurts. He missed Minho's shy smile as he about all of his drama scenes. He missed Minho's excited smile when he talked about something passionate. He even missed Minho's fake smile for those times when something was bothering him and yet he did not want to make anyone worried. Yup, Jonghyun really missed Minho alot and he just prayed that Minho would take care of himself in New York and fly safe back to Korea after his event.

 

 

 

What Jonghyun did not know was that Minho was praying the same thing too. For his hyung to take care of himself and to be safe and healthy while he was in Los Angeles. Minho knew that Jjonghyun would be there for at least two weeks and was scheduled to start recording as soon as both sides had agreed on the song arrangement. A sudden unease kept Minho from sleeping on his bed at the hotel provided. It was like Minho could sense something would happen to Jonghyun and he would not be able to prevent it. Checking his handphone, Minho saw that it was about 2am where Jonghyun was at and decided to try calling his hyung, just to hear his voice and sighed in relief when Jjong answered.

 

 

 

"Yeah.. Hello... Who is this?"

 

 

 

"Jonghyun hyung.. It's Minho. Er, er.. I.. I guess I just want to.. to.. to check if you have eaten? Yeah.. Hyung, have you eaten yet?" Minho asked as he started to pace and rubbed the back of his neck.

 

 

 

"Minho-ya.. This is so weird. Did you have a camera fixed up so that you can monitor me? How did you know that I have not eaten yet? And... before you start nagging, I'm going to eat now. Just don't start nagging, okay?" Jonghyun laughed as he reached out for his now-cold turkey ham sandwich which was given to him about 4 hours ago. Jonghyun's heart had warmed up when he had seen Minho's name in his handphone, calling him and he was very grateful that although Minho was busy with his own schedules, his favourite dongsaeng still worry about him.

 

 

 

No matter what Minho did within the next few days, he could not shake off that feeling of unease entirely. Somehow, he managed to respond appropriately when asked and made the necessary poses during the Coach Fashion Event. Enough to be able to function normally and not have others worried about him being distracted. It was on the last day of his Coach events when he received news that would have made him faint if he was a girl.

 

 

 

Los Angeles had been devastated by an earthquake measuring about 7.2 on the Ritcher Scale. Communication lines were down at that moment while hundreds of people were seen either trying to flee the area or trying to get help for their loved ones who had been injured.

 

 

 

The first thing that Minho did when he reached his hotel room was to try to call Jonghyun but there was no connection, not even to Gyeongshik hyung who should have been with him. Feeling frustrated after the countless calls, Minho kept pacing the hotel room while his eyes kept looking at the TV on the latest situation at Los Angeles through the news. Minho never felt so helpless and so scared. He was worried should anything happened to his Jjongie-hyung. Minho did not think that he would be able to take it if Jonghyun were to be injured or worse, if he were to d..d.... Slapping himself to get rid of the negative thoughts, Minho came up with a solution. If he can't get through Jonghyun hyung via phone, then he would travel there and see for himself, to reassure his heart that Jonghyun hyung was alive and well and that nothing bad had happened to him.

 

 

 

Minho waited for Jin hyung to bathe before he quickly packed his essential items into his backpack and took his passport, leaving a note to explain his disappearance. Minho knew that he would get into serious trouble when he gets back to Korea but at that moment, he simply did not care. His Jjongie-hyung was out there somewhere and he was determined to reach him. Reaching the airport, Minho was worried that there would be no flight to Los Angeles but it seemed that the airport was not affected, thus he was about to fly without a hitch. No fangirls noticed him either as he was originally scheduled to leave New York the following day.

 

 

 

The moment Minho stepped out of LAX Airport about 4 hrs later, Minho was at a loss. He did not knew which hotel Jonghyun was staying. Thinking back, Minho realised that he should have gotten more information from Jin hyung before leaving, however, it was too late and Minho was not keen to switch on his handphone for fear of being scolded. Hailing a taxi, Minho tried to communicate that he wished to go to Record Plant Recording Studio since that was the location where they would be recording their collaboration. He remembered that information that one night weeks ago when Jonghyun hyung was rambling on and on about his day while Minho tried to massage Jonghyun's temples to relieve him of the headache that he had been experiencing.

 

 

 

The taxi driver tried to inform Minho that certain road were inaccessible and that they had to go a few detours before they can reached the recording studio. Not fully listening, Minho just nodded as he looked on the destruction the earthquake had caused. There were uneven roads everywhere with vehicles parked haphazardly, rows of buildings that were damaged with bits of concretes on the ground and a flurry of movements everywhere as rescuers started rescuing and evacuating injured people to the nearest hospitals, people trying to get home as soon as possible as well as Good Samaritans helping those in need. Clenching his jacket, Minho's thoughts started to run wild the more he saw, fearing for the worse.

 

 

 

At last, they arrived to their destination. Externally, the building looked solid with no visible signs of being affected by the earthquake. However, he knew that he would need to see Jonghyun in person before he could be assured. Opening the door, he bowed slightly to the receptionist before trying to explain in his best English that he was here to see Jonghyun, the singer-songwriter from Korea. Thankfully, being the only Asian in a non-Asian setting helped made Jonghyun became famous with Americans who were curious about him and his song-writing abilities. She was able to indicate Jonghyun's studio while giving instructions to Minho. He thanked her with a smile and proceeded down the hallway to the studio. As Minho walked nearer, his heart started beating faster. His Jjongie-hyung was just a few steps away.

 

 

 

Minho could see his pinkish hair that was leaning back against the chair that was facing the wall. Jonghyun's eyes were closed as he pinched the bridge of his nose. Minho tried to open the door as quietly as possible but Jonghyun heard it. Without opening his eyes, Jonghyun just explained tiredly. "Gyeongshik hyung... Can you just give me a few more minutes? I just need some time alone.."

 

 

 

Still keeping quiet, Minho just set his backpack onto the floor before walking towards his Jjongie-hyung and started to massage Jonghyun's temples like how he always does whenever Jonghyun had a bad headache. "Wah, Gyeongshik hyung. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought that you're Minho. Thanks, hyung.. It was a bad one today. Maybe I should have gotten you to massage me more often since Minho is not here to help me. And, Gyeongshik hyung......" Jonghyun stopped when he felt something wet dripped onto his forehead. Opening his eyes, he was shocked to see it was really Minho who had been massaging him and that Minho was crying. Both Key and himself were the crybabies of their group, with the occasional Onew hyung, but never Minho or Taemin. To see Minho crying like that cause Jonghyun's heart to break.

 

 

 

"Min.... Minho... W... What are you doing here? I.. I thought you were in New York."

 

 

 

Moving to face Jonghyun, Minho knelt down and started to beat his Jjongie-hyung's chest several times before he buried himself into Jonghyun's chest and sobbed loudly, inhaling the sweet smell and feeling Jonghyun's warmth to convince himself that Jonghyun had been alive and that he was not injured in any way. Jonghyun was puzzled over his dongsaeng's actions but allowed himself to be hugged while he Minho's back and whispered that it's going to be okay, whatever it was.

 

 

 

"Hyung.. hic... Why, Why did you.. hic.. not pick up my calls? I was... hic.. I was so worried that something... hic... bad happened to you. Hyung, don't.. hic.. Don't leave me. I.. I can't live without you. I... I love you and I.. want you to know that. I.. I loved you since we were trainees and.. And I don't care if you will hate me later.. I.. I just want you to know that before.. Before it's too late.... I.. I cannot live if you had been badly injured from the earthquake... Or worse... I.. I was so scared.. Please don't die, hyung..."

 

 

 

Jonghyun's body froze the moment he heard those three letter words coming from Minho's mouth. Never in his life, would he thought he would ever get to hear those words from the one he loved. The one whom he had admired in secret. The muse for his latest song composition of joys and pains from loving someone who was near yet so far. Pulling back, Jonghyun looked into the tear-streaked eyes of his beloved and gently wiped away his tears before cupping Minho's face. "Min baby, did I hear correctly? You.. Loved... Me???" Trying to contain his sniffles, Minho nodded slowly. "If only you know how long I wanted to hear those words from your lovely lips. I.. I love you too. I was trying to escape the hurt of an unrequited love and yet little did I know that the love will find me here. I... I'm sorry that I never received your calls. I'm sorry for all the times when I made you so worried.. And I.. I'm sorry to hurt you without knowing that I hurt you.. I'm sorry for not knowing that your care and concern runs deeper than just as friends..."

 

 

 

Hugging Minho, Jonghyun placed a kiss onto his forehead. "Forgive me, darling?" Feeling Minho's hug tightened as he nodded, Jonghyun then placed more kisses on his cheeks, nose, jawline before claiming his lips in a passionate kiss that rivaled any of those that was seen in the movies. Feeling a burden being lifted off his shoulders, Jonghyun revelled on the feelings of happiness and overflowing joy the more he explored Minho's delightful mouth even as his fingers did their own exploring. They were so caught up in their bubble that they both failed to realise that the door was unlocked.

 

 

 

"Jonghyun... Can you check your phone if the signal was working and find out whether Minho contacted you? Jin hyung is going crazy in New York and he swore that he will make Minho pay for his disappearance... Jonghyun...? Jjong???" Gyeongshik's jaw dropped onto the floor when he looked up after entering the studio, only to find the missing SHINee member in a passionate tongue on tongue kiss with his charge. Quickly exiting the room, Gyeongshik shook his head and wondered what the heck had happened while he was at the toilet. Suppressing a grin, he then sent a message to SHINee Managers' Kakaotalk group chat to demand all of them to pay up because he had just won the bet and vowed to treat both Jonghyun and Minho to a nice dinner before Jin hyung's arrival.