Bittersweet Birthday~

The Choice

 

“Why are you so dressed?” he asked me.

“It’s really a very special day for me.” I told him as I was putting on my earrings.

“Why don’t you wear the dress I gave you?” he asked me again.

“It’s not proper. The theme for my party is golden ball.” I shrugged, “Could you put this on me?”

“Go home early, okay?” he said coldly.

“What?” I asked disappointingly.

“I won’t be at your party.” he fixed his tux and kissed me. I motioned away.

“It’s my birthday, how could you?” I didn’t know what to do. I just sighed out.

“Come, I’ll give you a ride. Be careful, okay? You really do look so pretty, my wife.” he tried to comfort me. Right now, I’m thinking that he’s such an idiotic jerk for not being able to attend his own wife’s birthday.

“Is work more important than me? It only happens once a year.” I said, trying to convince him to come to my party, with puppy eyes. I swear, I think it’s not working. I know him from the very start. He never said anything after that except motioning his hands before me to let me ride in the car already. I kept staring at the blank space for the whole time. “I am very disappointed.”

I can feel him glancing at me once in every while. He must’ve felt me raging.

“Seriously, are you having an affair with someone?” I didn’t hesitate to ask this question.

“What are you talking about? This is my lifestyle. I need to work.” he glared at me, pulling off the break. He pulled out his tie and faced me. To be honest, I felt guilty for having said that.

“It’s my birthday; it’s the first birthday we’ll ever be together.” I softly explained to him. My eyes our clouded with tears. He looked up through the window, and faced me again. “Your make up, don’t cry.”

I can feel him calming down a bit and started the engine.

“Happy Birthday!” he hugged me from behind, kissing me.

“Thank you.” I sadly smiled. I have the urge to slap him, right now, but I just can’t. I still respect him as a man. “Kyuhyun, the party’s about to start now.” I broke off the hug and went in.

.

.

.

/at the party/

I can’t see everyone clearly. There are too many people on the way to the stage.

“Let us welcome, the birthday celebrant, Miss Seo Joo Hyun.” I heard the emcee calling my name. I hurriedly walk through the way, making myself appear in the stage in a minute. As soon as I stepped up in the stage, everyone started clapping. I bowed and greeted, “Thank you for coming to my party, I am really happy to see all of you here. And yes, please support my new business, Ginger Bread Shop.” Everyone kept clapping the whole time until the emcee announced that it is already time to eat.

I felt so tensed because everyone was asking me where Kyuhyun is. I can’t even give them a right answer.

“Seohyun-ah, where’s my son?” Mom asked me curiously.

“Mom, apparently, he needs to fix a huge problem in the company.” I told mom trying to please her.

“Aigoo, I really think he needs a secretary.” Mom sighed. “Happy Birthday!” she smiled.

I’m glad everyone got the heck out of it. Kyuhyun got busy with work so he can’t be with me right now. Dang, I’ve been repeating that sentence for a heck of times.

Suddenly, someone grabbed my attention.

“Happy Birthday, Seo Hyun-Cho.” he smiled. I felt so speechless. I don’t even expect him to come to my birthday. He was smiling the whole time and I’m here, thinking why.

“Chansung?” I asked.

“Neh~” he spoke softly. “Nothing much has changed. You’re still a beauty.”

I don’t want to waste this chance. I want to ask him if he still has feelings for me. I wanted to ask a whole lot of questions. A whole lot of questions were running through my mind and I don’t even know where to start now.

“Thanks. Well, this is kind of awkward, right?” I smiled awkwardly. Even the way I talk and move, it felt so awkward. He made the conversation more awkward by grabbing my hand. “How’s life?” I asked.

“Life’s been so hard but I managed it well. I kind of miss this feeling where I get to hold your hand and feel so comfortable about it.” He smiled at me. I swear, this is the most awkward line he told me since we broke up. I don’t know what to say, I felt so speechless. It was like I was struck by a lightning. I can’t even think of anything. Suddenly, everything back then went through my mind.

/flashback/

We were there, celebrating my birthday on the mountain top.

“Yeobo, stay right here in this place.” he told me pointing his finger to the ground.

“Where are you going?” I worried.

“Don’t worry, I’m just going to go to the opposite side.” he smiled.

“Oh, the thing they do on mountain tops where your voice gets echoed, just like in movies?” I happily said.

“Just like in movies.” he said.

“Couldn’t you just stay here?” I grabbed a grip of his hand. He looked at me dazzlingly.

“If that’s what you want.” he then faced me and leaned for a kiss.

“Chansung Hwang, 19 years old, is the love of my life and I will never stop loving him!” I shouted to the top of my lungs, I almost shed a tear.

“Seo Joo Hyun, I will forever make you happy! I will be rich and please your family!” his voiced cracked. Chansung was always like that. He wants to scream every time he feels hated by my family. I can feel the sad emotions of his voice.

“Chansung-ah!” I pouted. He giggled.

“Saranghae, Seo Joo Hyun.” he said.

“Nado Saranghae, Chansung Hwang.” I cried.

/end of flashback/

 

Chansung snapped the hell out of me.

“I miss you too, sort of.” I said facing the floor.

“The thing is, I’m not yet the richest person.” he chuckled. What has gotten into him?

“Chansung, did money change you?” I asked him frustratingly. Our conversation was getting more serious than I thought. Yoona suddenly showed up.

“Oh, here you are.” she said kissing Chansung. I can feel the pain it inflicted on me. I don’t know but it hurts me whenever Chansung gets kissed by someone other than me. I still am being so over possessive when he’s not even mine. “Seo Hyun, Chansung’s going to be the one to fix your shop.” Yoona always explains. I nodded.

“So where is Cho Kyuhyun?” Chansung asked me.

“Oh, him. He’s kind of busy with work right now.” I smiled.

Chansung leaned and whispered something in my ear. “Let’s meet tomorrow, 2pm @Eastwood.”

I don’t know what to say, again. I stared blankly at the space until they left.

The party ended, just like that. I didn’t get the spirit of the party, but it was a meaningful night for me. I got to talk to him, even just for a while. He has changed a lot and right now, I am not sure if I still like him.

.

.

.

/at the house/

The house was so dark inside. As I the lights, everything I saw was magical. There were rose petals all over the room. There were candles in the dining table and Kyuhyun was standing right in front of me, handing me a bouquet of roses. I blushed.

“Happy Birthday, my beautiful wife.” he greeted confidently, as if he was sure that it made me happy.

“Kyuhyun, this is amazing.” I leaped to his arms and cried.

“Stop crying. I love you, and I want to make good memories of us.” he kissed me.

I feel so special and beautiful. He never fails to make me feel beautiful all the time. But this time, it’s as if we were the only lovers alive in the whole universe.

“Saranghae, and you’re mine forever.” Kyuhyun handed me a leaf-shaped diamond necklace.

“It’s too much, honey.” I tried to refuse his gift.

“But I made it just for you. Your name’s even engraved at the back of the leaf.” he showed it to me and smiled. “I’ll make you happy tonight.”

.

.

.

It was a one of a kind birthday. Everything feels so beautiful.

I couldn’t help but admire everything that has happened into my life.

 

A/N : So, it has been updated again and tell me what you think about my

fanfic. And if you would like me to update it again, tell me. I would appreciate

honest comments :3 Thank you.  I updated it because I am happy with

Research, OMG.wink