The Meetup

The Choice

 

 

The day came when I could finally meet my future husband. My mom curled up my hair and dressed me beautifully. “Do I look ok, Mom? I asked. How could I stay here like nothing has happened between us? My mom is the one who broke our relationship, she intentionally want to break my heart that time.

“You look perfect, Seo Hyun.” She kissed my forehead and told me to act like a lady. I always act like one.

.

.

.

/at the restaurant/

If you were on my place, you would know that the man you will meet is rich. I was entering a very luxurious restaurant. The smell was aromatic, and the lights were romantic enough to melt my heart. The people are wearing formal dresses too, like what we wear in every occasion. The waiters are dressed properly and formally. So, standing three meters away from me is a man wearing a white tuxedo. I can’t see him clearly so I continued walking. As I reached the table, he smiled. His smile was so angelic but there was a devilish side if you look deeply into his eyes. He pulled out a chair and let me sit.

“I never thought you’d be so beautiful.” he said gently.

“Komawoyo. Mind introducing yourself?” I said.

“Cho Kyuhyun. I’m a co-owner of the Imperial Group of Companies.” He stood up and bowed.  As I sign of respect, I stood up and bowed too. “Seo Joo Hyun.” I smiled.

.

.

.

“May I get your order, Sir/Madam?” the waiter asked.

“Um, your specialty please, and the most luxurious wine here.” Kyuhyun ordered.

“Ani~ I don’t drink alcohol. Just water for me, please.” I said. To my surprise, the waiter I was talking to was my first love. It was Chansung Hwang. How could he be here? Why is he working here? He’s looking at me as if we never met. He acted so cool. Something didn’t feel right inside me. My heart ached. “Excuse me.” I stood up and went to the comfort room.

.

.

.

“Seororo, Jagiya, Love, Bee, what else?” I puffed. I can’t believe it, after months of not seeing him, I thought I got over him but I’m wrong. “Chansung.” I said softly.

“Chansung?” A pretty lady walked towards me.

“Mianhe for bothering you, miss.” I bowed.

“It’s okay. Does the Chansung you know happens to be Chansung Hwang?” she smiled.

“How… Ne~” I said confusingly. I didn’t know why she knows Chansung.

“Aigoo, such a small world. So, are you friends with him?” she asked, fixing her long silky black hair.

“Actually, we never really met until now.” I smiled looking at her, damn, she’s so gorgeous.

“I’m going to tell him later that I met you. By the way, I’m Yoona Lim.” she stretched her hand out for a handshake, probably. We both did a handshake. “Seo Joo Hyun.” I bowed after the handshake.

“Oh, I probably need to go now. Nice meeting you.” I excused myself without even hearing her answer.

.

.

.

/at the table/

“Are you okay?” Kyuhyun looked so worried. It melts my heart whenever a guy worries.

“Ne~” I sat on the chair feeling uneasy. Kyuhyun, you’re handsome and every girl would want to have you. I just don’t know why I don’t feel attracted yet. This is confusing me.

“Here’s your order, Sir/Madam. Enjoy your meal.” Chansung smiled at us.

“Kyuhyun, can we just… go home? I don’t feel good.” I pleaded. I feel so stupid to still have feelings for Chansung. I know it’s not right anymore.

“Are you sure?” Kyuhyun asked holding my hand. I stood up and nod.

“Okay.”

.

.

.

/at our home’s gate/

“Kyuhyun, thank you for the night. I’m really sorry if I ruined it, I just feel so sick.” I lied.

“It’s okay. Thank you for not rejecting me. Goodnight.” he smiled angelically.

.

.

.

He drove off and left. 

My mom would kill me if she knows that I ruin the date. Oh well, I guess I just have to consider this a good day. I finally met him but nothing changed, I’m still getting married. Keeping his number in my contacts makes me feel more stupid. I’ve been dying to control myself not to text you.

“Chansung, nice meeting you.” I texted him. I decided to end my day like this.

I need some rest. I need a good rest.

--

Author’s note : Will Kyuhyun make Seohyun’s heart change?