Chapter 3 - Confessions

To Love and To Hurt

BOM'S POV

I didn't want to hear it. I didn't want to hear him say he didn't feel the same way, I didn't want him to apologize, I didn't want to hear any of it. I already knew what his answer was going to be and I know very well who he loves. I didn't need to hear it from him. 

"N-N-Noona..." he stuttered. 

"I'm not expecting anything from you, Ji Yong," I said, holding my tears back. "I already know who you love and I'm actually getting over you, so don't worry." My voice was trembling, but he didn't seem to notice. 

"Oh... Well, I'm... I, uh..."

"Gwaenchana Ji Yong-ah. Well, I'm going to get going now." I faked a smile and waved. "Oh, Ji Yong-ah, don't forget the Rilakkuma stuff. Hwaiting!" I tried to sound as cheerful as possible and walked toward the door. 

A tight grip on my wrist stopped me . "S-Sorry noona. And thanks," Ji Yong muttered with worried eyes. 

A lump in my throat started to form, "Aniya, Ji Yong-ah. See you later." I grinned and walked out of the room as quick as possible.

Tears started to fall down from my eyes. It was time for me to leave but I decided to stay in a different room until I calmed down a bit. It felt as if someone was choking me, but I don't understand. Why am I even hurting? It's not like I was expecting a different answer from him. I already knew what was to come. Why am I so stupid?

I am suppose to be happy for Ji Yong and Chaerin. I am suppose to encourage them and support them. I have to protect them from whatever may hurt them. They care for me so much and I have to do the same.

"You should put their happiness first," I told myself. Ha...

A couple hours later, after I finally calmed down, I went inside the elevator. I need to get some rest. My eyes were disgustingly puffy. 

*Ding* I arrived at the lobby, only to meet the last person I wanted to see right now.

"Bommie unnie!" Chaerin exclaimed with her smiley eyes. 

"Oh, Chaerin-ah! What're you doing here?" I greeted her with a happy voice. 

"Oh, Ji Yong oppa called me up," she said. Oh, I guess he's going to confess to her. "Wanna hang out with us?"

I shook my head. "Nah, I'm tired. I guess I'm getting old." 

Chaerin chuckled and nodded as she got into the elevator. "Bye unnie!"

I smiled and walked away. "You're a horrible person, Park Bom..." I huffed under my breath.

All of a sudden, it started pooring. Wow. Wearing shorts in the middle of December; typical Park Bom. 

As I walked, I heard a car honk behind me. "NOONA!" someone shouted. 

CHAERIN'S POV

*Ring ring* Ji Yong oppa was calling me. 

"Oppa?" I answered eagerly. 

"Chaerin-ah, will you meet me at the practice room?" His voice sounded a little down, making me a little worried.

"Neh, oppa," I replied.

After a short conversation with Bommie unnie in the lobby, I walked to the practice room. 

When I opened the door, I was astonished. In the middle of the floor was a heart made of Rilakkuma shaped candles and rose petals. Balloons and other decorations were pasted on the walls. As I stared at the beautifully decorated room, a strong pair of arms wrapped around me. 

"J-J-Ji Yong oppa?" I whispered nervously. My heart was beating at an abnormal pace and my knees were getting weak. I was only able to stand thanks to his arms hugging me.

Ji Yong oppa turned me around and smiled, "Hi Chaerin."

"W-What is a-a-all this?" 

All I got in response was a smirk. "I've been wanting to ask you this for a while now, Chae..." he said after a while. "Will you... Be my girlfriend?"

"N-Neh?" I stuttered again. Oh my goodness, Lee Chaerin, speak properly! 

"Will you be my girlfriend?" he repeated with more confidence this time.  

Are my ears playing tricks on me? I slowly nodded and replied. "Neh, oppa." A smile formed on both of our faces.

Ji Yong oppa dug through his pocket and took out a small box containing two beautiful rings. "I uh, bought this for you," he said, shyly rubbing the back of his neck as he took out the ring. He took my hand and put the ring into my finger. 

"I... I... Wow." I was speechless. "This is beautiful, oppa. Thank you," I whispered. 

Ji Yong oppa's smile grew bigger and bigger. "Woohoo! Lee Chaerin's my girlfriend!" he screamed as he started to run around the practice room. "My girlfriend is CL the one and only baddest female! What's up, what's up, what's up, what's up, what's up?" he imitated my part from 'The Leaders.' Aigoo, this crazy oppa. Of course, his seriousness never lasts long. 

"Aigoo!" I chuckled. Soon, I started running around as well. "Kwon Ji Yong is my boyfriend! BIGBANG's leader, G-Dragon is my boyfriend!"

We both fell to the ground and I felt him staring at my face. I turned my face, making our eyes meet. "You're going to make a hole in my face, oppa. Why're you staring?" I asked shyly.

His hand crawled toward mine. "I think I'm going to die of happiness," he said.

"I think I will too," I admitted shyly.

Ji Yong oppa took my hand and sighed, "I'm sorry I had to ask you inside a practice room. There was no where else I could do it. We can't let people other than our members know."

"Gwaenchanayo oppa. I understand," I said. "As long as I'm with you, it's fine." 

I can't believe it. It happened. It finally happened. He asked me to be his girlfriend. We were a couple now. Even though we had to hide it from some people, it feels amazing. 

JI YONG'S POV

Confessing to Chaerin, after years of secretly admiring her, felt really good. I finally had the guts to do it and it all feels like a dream. But I did feel uneasy about Bommie noona. She told me she was fine, but I'm not sure if she is. 

I dialed Seunghyun hyung's number to tell him about Bommie noona's confession and ask him for some advice. 

"Hello?" he croaked. It sounded like he just woke up. 

"Hey hyung."

"Ji Yong? What's up?" 

"I have something to tell you..." I murmured.

"Oh, what is it?" His voice was full of worry and concern. "Is it something about the new album? Should I go over there?"

Hesitantly, I said, "No, no, it's not that. Well, uh... It's about Bommie noona."

After a short pause, Seunghyun hyung asked, "What about Bommie noona?"

"She... Told me she liked me..."

"SHE DID WHAT?" hyung shouted, startling me.

"Hyung, why're you-"

"What'd you tell her?" He cut me off.

"I apologized... She already knew I was confessing to Chaerin," I admitted. "After encouraging me, she left."

"Do you know where she headed to?"

"Ani... Hyung, are you okay?" I was starting to get concerned.

Hyung said, "Yeah, I'm fine. Talk to you later, Ji. Oh, and congratulations with Chaerin."

And before I could reply, he already hung up on me.

SEUNGHYUN'S POV

After Ji Yong told me about Bom noona, I couldn't hear anything else he said. I was so worried about her. Barely awake from my nap, I rushed out of the house. I had to find her and make sure she doesn't do anything stupid.

I tried calling her, but she didn't answer. "Aish, where could she be," I huffed under my breath.

While I was driving, it started to pour. A blurry image of a woman walking in short shorts caught my eyes. I can't believe she was walking in shorts in the middle of December! 

I honked at her, trying to catch her attention. "NOONA!" I shouted.

She turned around and squinted. After a while, she started walking again. Did she not recognize me?

"YAH! PARK BOM!" I stopped my car in the middle of the empty road and ran to her. "Noona!" I grabbed her wrist.

"Seunghyun?" she whispered. "Sorry, the rain was blurring my vision."

"Was it just the rain?" I mumbled under my breath.

"What?"

"Nothing," I replied. "Get in, you'll get sick." I dragged her to my car and got her in the passenger seat. I turned the heat up and took off my jacket to put it around her.

"Aniya, gwaenchana," she murmured, handing the jacket back to me. "I'm fi- achoo."

Sighing, I put it around her again. "You need it. I'm fine."

She sniffed and put the jacket around her body. "Seunghyun-ah... I don't want to go back to the dorm," she whispered. "I don't think I'll be able to face Chaerin." 

I looked over at Bom noona and saw tears in her eyes. I nodded and drove to my house.

When we entered, I said, "Oh, noona, take your clothes off and wear these," as I passed her some dry clothes. She thanked me and went inside the bathroom.

When she came out, I couldn't help but smile. She looked adorable in my oversized t-shirt. "Thanks for the clothes," she said. "Seunghyun-ah, can I get a drink?"

I looked through the fridge, "Sure, I have some orange juice, lemonade, hot chocolate, and-"  

"No I mean, a drink... I need to get stuff off my mind."

I wanted to say no, but if it'll help her, a little drink won't hurt, right? "Arasseo," I sighed. "Is soju okay?" I didn't want to give her anything too strong. 

"Yes," Bom replied.

I set the table and we drank in silence.

An hour later, she gulped down her seventh glass of soju like it was water. Her face was turning pink.

"Noona, I think we should stop now. This is your-"

Ignoring me, she brought the glass up to again. She wasn't much of a drinker and this was way too much over her.

Bom noona's hand went over to the glass again, getting ready to take her ninth glass. Before she could reach , I grabbed her hand. "Noona, stop."

"Let go."

"No." 

"Let go of me," she snarled.

"No, this is unhealthy noona. You shouldn't-"

"I SAID LET GO OF ME!" she shrieked. I never heard her scream at anyone. 

Startled, I begged, "Noona..." My voice sounded a bit hurt. 

"I'm sorry for yelling, Seunghyun..." Bom noona closed her eyes, letting tears escape. "Please just... Let go of me." I sighed and released my grip. She brought the glass to her lips and drank it. "Why am I feeling like this, Seunghyun?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why am I sad? Why am I disappointed?" Her voice was filled with pain. "I knew this was going to happen. I knew he was going to confess to Chaerin..." she whispered weakly. "But why does it hurt so much?"

I got closer to her and cupped her cheeks. "It's going to be okay," I said. 

Bom noona closed her eyes and scoffed, "Doesn't seem like it..." She smiled at me, but it was painful. It was fake. It was weak. "I'm such a horrible per-" 

Bom noona's eyes widened when I pressed my lips onto her's.

"S-Sorry, noona..." I quickly pulled away from her and looked away. "I didn't mean to-"

When I looked back at her, she was laying her head on the table, sleeping. "This alien," I mumbled under my breath.

I carried her into the guest room and moved the hair away from her beautiful face. "You're not a horrible person," I said quietly, her cheek. "You're so selfless, you pabo." Unknowingly, tears ran down my face. "I... I love you, noona."

Bringing my face close to hers, our lips met again.

"I really do..." I whispered.