Chapter One - I Will Do It, I Will Forget You

To Love and To Hurt

JI YONG's POV

The way she gracefully moves her hips when she dances, the way she hits every note perfectly when she sings, her charisma on stage, the way her flowy hair falls down onto her shoulders, her fierce eyes, and beautiful figure. She's so beautiful. So... Perfect. 

I've liked her for a really long time now, but I haven't had the guts to tell her. Yes, I, Kwon Ji Yong, don't have the guts to ask a girl out. But, she's not 'just another girl.' She's special. She means so much to me. What if I make our relationship awkward? What if she doesn't think the same way of me? 

"Noona, I need some more advice," I told Bom. "How am I suppose to tell Chaerin I like her? I mean, everytime I just get all nervous and bleh." I've been turning to her for advice for quite a while now since she seems to be the one that knows about Chaerin the most. 

"Sorry, I have to practice. Go ask Dara or Minji," she answered without taking her eyes off of the sheet of lyrics. There was something to her voice that I couldn't put my hands on. 

"Bom-yang? Are you mad at me?" I poked her cheeks, but she ignored me so I kept bothering her. "Bom-yang, Bom-yang, Bom-yang? Bom Bom Bom? Bommie Bommie Bom Bom?" I whined. 

She sighed and whispered, "Please, Ji Yong," with a straight face. "I'm busy." I was expecting her to whine and yell, but that was all she said. Something is definitely wrong. She's not in a good mood. Bom noona was her usual bubbly self just yesterday; she teased me, punched me, yelled at me... Hm, I wonder what's wrong. Women and their mood swings, I rolled my eyes. 

I pouted and started studying my lyrics again. "Oppa!" I heard. I looked up and saw the face I loved the most.

"W-W-What's up, Chae!" I stuttered. I hope she didn't notice.

"Just here to practice," Chaerin replied. Is she blushing? 

Sighing, Bom noona left the room with her music sheets. Seriously, what's going on with her? 

Without thinking too much of it, I turned my attention back to Chaerin. I felt my cheeks get hot and my heart beat faster. Way too fast. "Oh, well I was just about to leave now." I lied. If I stayed in their any longer, I'd turn as red as a tomato and my heart would probably pop out. "Hwaiting, Chae!" 

"Thank you, oppa," she said smiling. I waved and left the room.

As I walked, I heard 'Can't Nobody' playing in one of the practice rooms. Hm, isn't that Bommie noona? Why didn't she just practice with Chaerin in the other room? 

I was about to leave until Bom noona sat on the floor and hugged her legs. She didn't move an inch and I heard squeals coming from the room as she buried her face into her knees. Is she okay? 

I tiptoed into the room and hugged her tightly. "Noona, what's wrong?" I asked. 

Bom noona shrugged off my grip and turn away. "I'm fine," she said weakly. Her appearance and voice stated otherwise. 

As she tried to walk away, I grabbed her wrist. "I'm your dongsaeng, noona. I think I have the right to know what's wrong."

"Nothing's wrong," Bom noona stated quietly, trying to shake my hands off. "Let go." 

"You're mad at me," I said sadly. "I can tell. What'd I do noona? Please tell me." 

"I'm not mad at you," she shot back at me. "Now let go of me, Kwon Ji Yong." 

"Just tell me what the hell I did wrong!" I shouted unintentionally. 

Tears ran down Bom noona's cheeks and soft cries escaped . I didn't mean to make her cry even more... I just wanted to know what I did wrong. I quickly let go of her arms and stood there awkwardly. 

"Stop it, Ji Yong..." she pleaded.

"Noona... I- I'm sorry, I didn't mean to... Please don't cry..." I said. I tried bringing her into a hug, but she pushed me away lightly.

"No need to be sorry. I'm not mad at you. I'm just stressed out lately." Bom noona smiled. "Sorry for making you worried." 

I held out my pinky and smiled. "If you ever need me, I'll be here. I promise," I said, locking pinkies with her. 

She smiled weakly and left the room with her hoodie clutched tightly to her hands. 

I hope she's okay.

Sighing, I walked toward the practice room Chaerin was in. Hugging the door knob with my hand, I jumped around nervously. Open it? Just leave? Aish, what to do! 

CHAERIN's POV

"Chaerin-ah, I'm going to walk home tonight. I need some fresh air and exercise," Bom unnie said as she packed her stuff up. "See you at the dorm!" She's smiling, but I feel like she's hiding something. 

"You're going to walk? But it's dangerous," I muttered. I've been worried about Bommie unnie lately. She hasn't been eating much and she seems really weak. What if she faints while walking? 

"Aigoo, it's fine," she reassured me and patted my shoulders. "Hwaiting! Practice hard!" Bom unnie chuckled as she left.

A few minutes later, the door creaked open. "Chaerin?"

I jumped, shocked by the sudden voice. "Omo, oppa! You scared me," I giggled. "What's up?"

"Oh, um... Uh..." Ji Yong oppa stammered. He's too cute. "I'm about to leave so I just came here to say bye. Bye Chae!" 

Wait what? No! I don't want him to leave. I grabbed his hand and shouted, "Wait oppa!" His eyes widened as he stared at my hand on his. I pulled away quickly and smiled. "Can you, uh, give me feedback with my dance routine? I want it to be absolutely perfect," I blurted out. 

"Oh, uh sure." He sat down on the bench, ready to watch.

Why are you so stupid Lee Chaerin?! Why did you ask him to watch your dance routine? Aish! I internally facepalmed myself as I started my dance routine. Ji Yong oppa silently watched.

And soon, the dreadfully awkward three minutes came to an end. "So... What'd you think?"

"Ahhhhhhhmazing! You're a great dancer, Chae!" he praised.

My cheeks got hot as I heard his words. "Kamsahamnida oppa! Sorry for holding you back for so long."

"Aniya, you're dancing was daebak!" Ji Yong oppa said, giving me a thumbs up. "I'm gonna get going now. Good luck, Chae!" he smiled and walked toward the door.

What should I do? I need to stop him. I need to tell him... "Wait oppa!" 

Confused, Ji Yong oppa looked back at me. "Eung?"

"Um, uh..." I stuttered. "Your water bottle's here," I told him. Aish, Lee Chaerin. You fool.

"Oh, thanks!" he replied. "Well, bye now, Chae!"

"Bye oppa."

Once he left, I sat on the floor and leaned against the wall. "Are you ever going to have the guts to tell him you like him, Lee Chaerin?" I whispered to myself. 

BOM's POV

I texted Jjangmae and told him he didn't have to pick me up. 

The tears were blinding my eyes as I walked back to the dorm. I was doing so well. Why did he have to come in and see me crying? Why did he have to comfort me? Why does he have to care? Why can't he just mind his own business? It'll be easier for me...

FLASHBACK 

"Noona! What should I get Chaerin?" Ji Yong asked me eagerly. 

I sighed on the inside, but I tried not to show my disappointment. "Hmm... Oh, this!" I exclaimed, passing him a stuffed Rilakkuma toy. "She's obsessed with these little guys," I said and smiled. 

"Oh, jinjja?" he chuckled. "What a cutie," Ji Yong muttered. 

To be honest, it hurts. The way he cares and thinks for her; why can't he think of me like that? Why does he have to love Chaerin? 

But I'm not going to give up. Who knows? If he keeps hanging out with me, he may fall for me.

While I was drowned in my thoughts, I felt a plush toy hit my face. "Yah! What the hell, Kwon Ji Yong!" Screaming and giggling, I chased him around the store and threw the dragon doll at him.

A few minutes later, we collapsed onto the floor out of breath. "Your reactions are too cute, Bom-yang," he said, poking my cheeks. I blushed a little and turned away from him. 

"I hope she likes this," Ji Yong whispered, holding onto the card and the stuffed toy tightly as we walked to where Chaerin was. 

"She'll love it," I told him. 

When we got to the practice room, Ji Yong shyly handed the doll to Chaerin. "Happy birthday, Chae!" he cheered. 

"Omo, oppa! It's adorable! Thank you so much!" Chaerin replied as she gave him a hug. 

Ji Yong blushed a bit and he rubbed the back of his neck. "Heh. I'm glad you like it. Well you girls have fun practicing. I'm gotta get going. Happy birthday Chae!" he said. Ji Yong got closer to me and whispered, "Thanks for your help, Bom-yang." 

I smiled and nodded. "No problem." 

As I was stretching, I noticed Chaerin smiling at the doll and treating the present as if it were made of gold. She re-read the note over and over again, smiling like a fool. 

"Chaerin-ah, you okay?" I asked. 

"Yeah..."

I nodded, "Okay."

"Wait unnie!" she said.

I looked back at her, "Wae Chaerin-ah?"

"I think... I think..." She looked around and bit her lower lip, looking hesitant.

"What's wrong?" I asked curiously.

"I like Ji Yong oppa."

Her words punched me hard in the face. I felt as if the whole world just crashed down onto me. I never expected Chaerin to like Ji Yong back. "Oh..." was all I could say. "S-Since when?" 

"A few months now..." Chaerin scratched her head. "Should I tell him?" 

Don't Chaerin. No. Please. I'm begging you... Please don't tell him, I thought. But I couldn't do that to someone who's like my sister. "Go with what your heart tells you to do, Chae," I said instead. "He would be happy to have a girl like you." 

Chaerin hugged me tightly, "You're the best unnie! Thank you," she smiled.

"No problem," I murmured. "Well, I'm going to use the bathroom. Be right back." 

"At least Ji Yong would be happy," I whispered to myself. "I should be happy for them." 

FLASHBACK ENDS 

If I slowly drift away from him, it'd be easier for me. If I ignore him, it won't take long to forget him... Right?

With all the thoughts racing through my head and my head hung low, I went to a nearby park instead of the dorm. I need some fresh air to clean out my head anyway. Taking a seat on the bench and lowering my cap so no one can recognize me, I put my ear phones on to mute out the rest of the world. 

My iPod played 'I Will Do It, I Will Forget' by CN Blue. 

'I will do it, I will forget, Starting today, 
I don't know you. I have never seen you before. 
We never even walked passed each other... I'm okay...' 

I closed my eyes tightly to prevent the tears from coming out as I sang along quietly.

'Even if it hurts now, it will heal soon. 
I will do it, I will forget. 
I will erase everything...'  

Will I be able to see him as nothing but a dongsaeng again? 

'Even if the tears are falling now, I will smile soon. 
I will do it, I will forget. 
Just like a wound heals... I will too.'  

Tears fell as I took my ear phones out of my ears. 

"Noona..." a familiar deep voice whispered. "Gwaenchana?" 

SEUNGHYUN's POV

As I jogged down my neighborhood park, I passed by someone with a familiar voice. Too familiar. 

"Noona?" I whispered softly. She looked up and my eyes widened. She was crying. My Bommie noona was crying. "Gwaenchana?" I asked, taking a seat next to her and handing her a tissue.

Bom noona smiled weakly and told me she was fine.

We sat there on the bench silently until she threw her arms around me and sobbed. At first I didn't know what to do and just sat there stiffly. My heart was beating way too fast. Soon, I managed to wrap my arms around her as well and started patting her back. "Is it... Because of Ji Yong?" I asked her hesitantly. 

Her small body shook as she tried to hold her tears in. "Do you know how it feels to love someone who loves someone else?"

Of course, noona. Of course I know.  I love you, but all you see is Ji Yong, I wanted to say. But instead, I stayed quiet and her hair. "It'll be okay noona. It'll get better."

"Really?" she choked out. I closed my eyes and nodded. "Would I be able to ignore him? Be unaffected by his presence? Would I be able to do it?" 

I smiled sadly and wiped away her tears. "It's getting a bit chilly. Let me take you home."

As we walked to her dorm, not a word was said until we arrived. "Thank you, Seunghyun," she whispered.

"It's nothing, noona. Don't cry, arasseo?" She smiled slightly and nodded. "Hey noona..." I said.

"Hm?" 

"Will you-" I paused, "-be able to move on?"  

She bit her lower lip and sighed, "I... I don't know, Seunghyun. I don't know."

I faked a smile and nodded. "Go in. Dara noona and the girls are going to be worried."

Bom noona nodded and opened the dorm door, "Thanks again, Seunghyun."

I waved and turned away. 

Whenever you're ready, noona. I'm going to tell you my feelings. When you're ready... I'll be here.