Chapter 3

Dreams Come True [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was raining heavily outside, but a beautiful girl smiled. It was always raining when she was awake in the middle of the night. She looked outside the window. Even though it was dark, she could see the sea clearly. Yes, she lived close by the sea. But, she didn’t live alone. She lived with another people who were unlucky enough to have a parent. She lived in a small orphanage in Jeonju. She grew and dreamt in this place. As she looked more into the rain, she could see her past rewined.

She came here ten years ago. It was right after the most horrible accident and her worst nightmare came into reality. She and her family was going out at that night for having dinner. They were on their way back home when it was rain heavily. Her father can’t drive clearly and didn’t realize a truck came from the other side. His small car crashed with the big truck. The car was pushed by the truck and rolled for meters in the road. Her parent and brothers were dead, but she was the one who remained alive. She was in a severe depression before. Sometimes she was confused, why god was kind enough to her and let her live. She always thought it would be better if she died as well. But, since she came here, she thought twice before wanting herself to be dead.

“I would never see this beautiful world.” She said to herself silently.

“And I would never see this beautiful rain.” She smiled as she stretch her hand out of the window.

At first, she really hated rain. The accident happened when it was raining and she remembered clearly how her parents’ blood carried away by the rain. Back then, she has the thought that rain was taken all of her happiness. Her happy family has gone, even on her family’s funeral was raining. She hated rain as much as she hated being the only who survived from the accident. That’s way back before she met, Mrs. Kim. She’s the one who brought her here, gave her so many friends, and happiness that was once taken by rain. But, it seemed like god was not kind enough to her, when she moved here it was raining again. When she wanted to play with her friends, it was rain again. Whenever she wanna do something that would make her happy, it would be rain. She had no idea how to be happy again since rain always ruined her life.

It was a heavy rain one night and she could heard thunder by thunder loudly. She was the only one who was awake because of the rain. Silently, she went outside her room and intended to go outside the house.

“I have to face my fear.” Little Jiyeon said. Her body was shaking. She tried to walk, but her feet felt like glued in front of the room. Another thunder was coming. She shut her eyes tightly and closed her ears. She was really scared at that time. The flash of her worst memories came one after another. Her mother. Her father. Her brother. She cried helplessly.

“Jiyeon..” A woman’s voice was suddenly heard, but Jiyeon still shut her eyes. She wanted the memories to be stopped, but it kept coming back.

“Jiyeon-ah. What’s wrong? Open your eyes, baby.” Mrs. Kim said worriedly. She then hugged Jiyeon and soothed her.

“Shh... Jiyeon-ah, it’s okay. You’re here now, you are safe. Now, please stop crying. I didn’t want to see you crying.” Mrs. Kim tried to talk with her. She was checking the kids’ room in case one of them was scared because of the heavy rain when she found Jiyeon shook hardly. She knew it would happen. She knew why this little girl was crying. That was why she was hurriedly soothed her. After a while, finally Jiyeon calmed down.

“Are you okay, now?” Mrs. Kim asked.

“Yes, I am. I’m sorry Mrs. Kim if I was bothering you. I didn’t mean it to cry out loud. I am really sorry.” Jiyeon was afraid with Mrs. Kim. What if Mrs. Kim disliked her behaviour and shooed her from the house. She had no idea where to go since she didn’t know where her other families lived.

“It’s okay, Jiyeon. I was awake because of the rain. Are you also awake because of it? Mrs. Kim asked softly.

“Uhm.. yes, I am. Actually I wanna get back to sleep, but the thunder was really loud and I was afraid. That was why I got out of my room.” She said hesitantly. Mrs. Kim smiled, she knew exactly what this little girl intended to do because she has seen it so many times.

“Jiyeon-ah, do you wanna go outside?” Mrs. Kim offered her.

“But, it is still raining, Mrs. Kim. Are you sure? It might be cold outside and I don’t want you to get sick.” Jiyeon refused her kindly.

“That’s alright, Jiyeon. Besides, it was not raining heavily like before. Let’s talk outside. You might as well want to look at the sea. It is really beautiful. You never see it at night, right?” Mrs. Kim offered her hand and Jiyeon took it slowly. Both of them then went outside.

‘It is still raining heavily.’ Jiyeon thought.

“Don’t close your eyes, Jiyeon-ah. You have to enjoy rain and look at the sea, it’s beautiful, right?” Mrs. Kim pointed at the sea which was not far away from the orphanage. Slowly, Jiyeon looked up and saw the rain. She looked at it intensely. She never thought she would see rain again, not after that awful accident.

“Are you scared of rain, Jiyeon?” Mrs. Kim asked her. But, Jiyeon ignored her and walked forward. She stretched out her hands to feel the rain.

“Yes, I am.” Slowly she closed her eyes. She wanted to feel it more. She wanted to feel something that brought many pains to her. She wanted to release it to the rain, but she had no idea how. Mrs. Kim looked at her.

“Are you mad at rain, Jiyeon? Do you wanna blame rain for your family’s death?” Mrs. Kim talked then she stopped for a second.

“Could you scream to the rain? Well, you will just waste your voice, Jiyeon-ah. Could you punch the rain then, Jiyeon? Off course not, right? It was useless after all. Then, could you kill the rain, Jiyeon? Surely, you can not. It was impossible, right?” Jiyeon let Mrs. Kim’s words sinked in her head. She was right, there was nothing she could do about rain. Although, her family was dead when it was raining. It was not the rain’s fault, right? It was destiny after all.

“Jiyeon-ah. Listen to me, there is no use hating the rain. You just wasted your life by not enjoying rain. Every water dropped by the rain supposed to be your new strength. You might felt hurt because of the rain, but you could do nothing about it. Just let your pain being carried away by the rain, Jiyeon-ah. Release your sadness in the rain, let it took over your sadness. You have to be happy again, don’t let that accident haunts your life. Remember Jiyeon, although it was raining, but soon after it stops there will always be a rainbow waiting to shin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter