Chapter 6

Café of Return

The next day Luhan walked into the café with more confidence. He returned the smile Minseok was giving him and planned to walk over to him in a relaxed, cool way. That worked, until he fell over a chair he didn't see. 

Minseok was immediately by his side, helping him up. "Are you okay?", he asked concerned, searching for bruises on Luhan's body. "I'm fine", Luhan assured him with an embarassed smile. "No damage done."

He suddenly noticed the eyes of everyone in the room on him and bowed, while apologizing for disturbing their meal.

He followed Minseok with a hanging head to the counter and the barista immediately started preparing his coffee. "Do you want a cake with your coffee?", he asked. 
Luhan nodded. "The one with nuts please."

Minseok gave him his order and Luhan started digging into it. "You know, I'm going to get fat because of these cakes one day. Tell Jongdae 'Thank you very much' in my name, but make shure to say it in a sarcastic tone", Luhan joked in between bites. 

"Oh, I will tell him", Minseok said. "But I'd rather sincerely thank him. You could use a few more kilos. Just look at you, you are practically skin and bones. That's not healthy, you know."

Luhan blushed over Minseok's words. He thought on all the meals he regularly skipped. He wouldn't have thought Minseok would worry or even care about it.

"I guess I really should eat more", he murmured, thinking about his refletion he saw in the mirror every day. He had gotten really skinny over the last few months, because he simply had better things to do than eat. But he would remember to make shure to gain a little bit of wheight, just to not see this worried look on Minseok's face ever again.

"Promise?", Minseok asked. 

"Promise."

"So, why 'Café of Return'?", Luhan asked after a small silence, to which Minsok giggled. "What? Is that a stupid question?"

"More a standard question", Minseok told him. "You can't imagine how often I heard it already."

"So what do you usually tell the people, who ask?"

"I tell them, we want them to return to a time, where everything seemed more simple. It seemed to fit the vintage look. We also want them to return to this café. Most of our customers are actually regulars."

Luhan loved the proud look on Minseoks face, when he talked about the café. You could see, it ment a lot to him. 

"Have you always wanted to own a café or how did you get the idea of open one?", Luhan questioned.

"My parents actually wanted me to be a doctor. With my grades I actually could have done it, but I didn't want to. In High School I worked as a waiter in a café chain, to save a little bit of money. That's when my love for coffee started. So I learned how to make coffee and became a barista. I guess that's when my dream of owning my own café started, but in my imagination it had to be a cozy little café, not such a big one as I was working in, where I didn't even know all of the staff. I started taking economy classes in college, but dropped out after one year, because life happened. I started working full time as a barista and read about economy as a hobby. When I told Jun about my dream, he wanted to help, so we decided to do it together. When we had enough money saved, with actually a lot of help of our parents, we opened this café. That was two years ago", that was the longest Luhan had heard Minseok talk in one go and he smiled widely. He felt proud of Minseok to have achieved his dream, even if he didn't know him at the time he talked about.

"I really like your smile", Minseok said after Luhan just staring a little while at him, smiling.

"You don't think it's ugly?", the Chinese asked astonished. He had never heard someone say that before. 

"No, I think it's unique, which makes it quite pretty to me", Minseok explained to him. Luhan thought this had to be a sign, that showed him Minseok was the one. He made the plan to hold onto the barista, to not let him go, no matter how long it took him to get him to think the same.

"Well I like yours too, allthough I think you have heard it before."

"Yeah, well usually girls tell me how adorable it is, like I'm a kid or something. I mean, it's not like I'm in my mid twentys. Why does noone acknowlege me as an adult?", he ranted with a cute pout on his face, which made him look even younger.

"Maybe it's because of your cute looks. I thought too, that you were younger than me", Luhan said, to which he replied with a playful evil look and a "Says the right one". 

"What are your parents like?", Luhan asked out of the blue. "From what you told me, they seem like nice people. Did you have a decent childhood?"

"I had a great childhood. My parents were always there, when I needed it. Different to Jongdae's parents they acceptet my and Jun's uality and were more concerned of the age Jun married at and not the fact that he married a man. They love Jongdae and the fact, that he makes Jun happy. They practically included him into the family. They did the same with my ex, that is until I found out he already had a girlfriend and I was just there for him to fool around with. You don't have a girlfriend by chance?", Luhan shook his head at that. "So how was your childhodd like? You have never talked about your parents."

"Well it wasn't that great. My father left my mother, when I was too young to remember it. My mother is...very strict? She had my whole life planned. I had to become a lawyer, settle down with a girl, give her grandchildren and have a perfect boring life. The first thing that plan failed on where my attitude in High School. Don't get me wrong, I'm not stupid, but I just thought there were better things than learning and following tasks. I always liked to take photos and made that hobby to my profession. My mother neither liked that nor liked the fact I would never give her normal grandchildren. You know, such who weren't born by a man. She threw me out of her house and told me to come back, when I stopped with this idiocy and get myself a girlfriend. So I have never talked to her until that time and moved to Seoul, to start a new life."

"I'm sorry to bring it up", Minseok apologized and handed Luhan a napkin for the tears, that were threatening to fall from his eyes. "It has to be hard, to have experienced something like that."

Luhan just nodded, whiping his tears. Great, now Minseok saw, how weak he is. They continued to just look at each other, not saying a word. Luhan had already drunk four coffees, when Baekhyun, who was the waiter for the evening, told them they had to close the café, because he didn't like to keep his boyfriend waiting for him. Luhan watched Minseok as he cleaned the café extensively and offered to walk him home again. The barista laughed an okay and they walked the few steps in silence. 

"I'm sorry...again, for bringing up bad memories", Minseok apologized again.

"I could say the same. It has to be hard, to think about your ex", Luhan shrugged.

They just stood there, staring at each other. Luhan tried to remember every little pore of Minseoks face, while the smaller seemingly did the same. It was Minseok who broke the silence. "God, I really like you", he pressed a hand over his mouth, as if it just slipped and Luhans heart skipped a few beats. "I-I'm sorry", Minseok stuttert his eyes opened wide in shock and his face remembering Luhan of the colour of a tomato. "I s-shouldn't have said that."

Luhan's brain seemed to have stoped working. He instinctively took Minseok's hand, that was held in front of his mouth, into his own, creating a thingeling feeling down his spine. Then he leaned down and kissed Minseok. Well pecked actually, if you can even say that, as fleeting and soft as the touch of their lips was. It was still enough to make his stomach flip and his heart flutter. "I'm sorry", he said, when he realised, what he had done. His face started to heat up and he was pretty shure he was starting to sweat. 

Minseok was looking up at him, now grinning mischievously. "You should be", he said. "That is what you call a kiss?"

He pulled Luhan down by his shirt, smashing their lips together. The Chinese felt a hand gripping his neck and his own hands wandered into those soft hair of Minseok. When he felt teeth nibble on his lips, he opened his mouth and gave access to his tounge, deepening the kiss. It was by far the best kiss, Luhan had ever had. It felt perfect, like it had to be just like this. 

Out of breath the two of them parted and looked each other in the eyes. Minseok chewed on his lips, maybe he was contemplating something, maybe he was missing a touch on it.

"That is what you call a kiss", he finally said, smiling his gummy smile. 

Luhan just wanted to say goodbye, maybe get another kiss, when Minseok grabbed his hand and came a step closer.

"Kyungsoo spents the weekend with his grandparents. Would you like to come up?", he said, his voice almost a whisper.

Luhan was a little bit confused. Minseok had never mentiont he had a roommate. But this thought was replaced by visions of what they would do, when he agreed. So he nodded his head and kissed Minseok, this time correctly. "I would love to", he whispered into Minseoks ear. 

Minseok ended up leeding him to an apartment on the second floor, clutching on his hand. It wasn't nearly as big as Luhans, but it was more neat and more homely. It seemed like people would actually like to live there. 

As soon as Minseok closed the door to the apartment, they started kissing again. Luhan decided that had to be his favourite thing to do in this world, kissing Minseok that is and would soon be taught otherwise. They started to undress each other on the way to one of the bedrooms. Luhan practically threw Minseok onto the bed and looked at his body for a little while.

Luhan had been right, Minseok's body, normaly hidden under wider clothes, was actually pretty muscular. Heck, he even had a sixpack, which Luhan immediately started kissing. He was used to the taller, more lean body of Sehun, so this was a new experience for him, not that it was a bad one. The opposite actually. 

While he just wanted to satisfy his needs with Sehun, he actually wanted Minseok to have a great time too, so he was more considerate of Minseok's needs. He went slower, with an actual , was more gentle. The first time in his life, Luhan understood the expression 'to make love'. It felt just like that. 

When Luhan rolled down from Minseok for the third time, they were both sweating and breathing heavily, but they both just had a great time. 

Luhan started to think about what the last few hours ment. Minseok apparently liked him, they kissed, they had with each other. But did Minseok actually feel the same way as Luhan? Did he wanted to be in a relationship with him? Was he sure, he was the one he wanted to get old with?

Luhan cursed himself for being so stupid as to not ask those questions beforehand. What if Minseok thought he was just pretty and fun to be with and wanted to have a relationship similar to those with Sehun with him? Luhan didn't know, if he could do that. The had been good, the best he ever had, but that was because he actually felt something for Minseok. It would be like torture for him, to just have a physical relationship with the older.

He swung his legs out of the bed, started to search for his underware.

"What are you doing?", he heard Minseok ask.

"I'm going home", he said, trying to not let him know how sad he was. Minseok just had to want a physical relationship with him. What other reason was there to have after such a short time, without going on one single date, like it was normally done?

Minseok sighed exaustedly, a pout showing on his face. "Come back to bed. Do you really want to leave me all alone? Like I said, there is noone there, to interrupt us."

Luhan's doubts where forgotten for the time being. He crawled back under the blanket, cuddeling his body to Minseok's. 

He  noticed this was the first time he was spending the night at one of his lover's places. It just had to mean something. He drifted into a peaceful sleep over that thought.