Chapter 30

Protector

Baekhyun felt a pair of warm lips on his, just gently pressing against his own. Without any resistance, he let himself relax into the kiss. His eyes fluttered shut at the satisfying feeling of the smooth lips on his. Part of him wanted to press further into the kiss, letting Chanyeol nip at his lower lip, but his brain told him to retreat. Baekhyun had never kissed another guy before. Was this what it was supposed to be like?

Chanyeol's hand reached up and rested on the side of his cheek. The heat from the palm of Chanyeol's hand made Baekhyun blush. He had never thought that a kiss could feel this intimate.

Almost reluctantly, Baekhyun pulled away. The emptiness on his lips left his wanting more but he had no words to verbalize what he felt. He knew his face was flushed red and his lips were pinker than usual. Chanyeol cheeks were also reddening but Baekhyun couldn't take his eyes off Chanyeol's lips.

"Is it bad...that I enjoy that more than I should have?" Chanyeol speaks up first. He rested on his elbow, facing his body towards Baekhyun.

Baekhyun shook his head, still embarrassed.

"I..I liked it too."

Chanyeol let out a sigh of relief and ran his hand through Baekhyun's hair before scooting over. He patted the spot next to him on his bed, welcoming the shorter male to join him in the bed.

Baekhyun bit his lip before slowly standing up and slotting himself into the small space beside Chanyeol's long body. The giant's legs reached the other end of the bed post while Baekhyun curled into himself to conserve space.

"You can lean on me you know?" Chanyeol tells him casually. Baekhyun blinks and shifts a bit closer. Apparently it wasn't close enough for Chanyeol because a second later, Baekhyun felt a strong arm pull him closer until he could feel the body heat radiating off Chanyeol.

"Better." He says with a cheeky smile on his lips. The lips that Baekhyun had just kissed.

Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's hand, running his fingers over the healing burn. "I'm sorry..for hurting you and running away."

Baekhyun shook his head. "It's okay..you didn't know it would happen."

Chanyeol frowned. "But still..I left you like that. You don't know how many times I wanted to run up to you and apologize. But if I tried, Kyungsoo would glare at me or I would lose the confidence to approach you. I'm really sorry, Baek."

There was a comfortable silence between the two of them. Baekhyun couldn't help but ask what he had been wanting to all this time.

"So..you like me?" Baekhyun says, but it comes out more like a question.

"And you like me." Chanyeol says confidently.

Baekhyun's eyes widened. "Wha- No, I didn't say that!"

"But you said you liked the kiss!"

"Because you kissed me!" Baekhyun refutes.

"And you kissed back." Chanyeol says, his cheekbones glowing with happiness.

Baekhyun felt the warmth on his cheeks come back. "Y-You told me to go for it.."

Chanyeol couldn't stop how quickly his heart was beating in his chest.

"So you like me." Chanyeol confirmed.

Baekhyun snuggled a little closer. "Maybe..a little."

Chanyeol put both his arms around Baekhyun, catching him off guard.

"That's good enough for me."

Baekhyun sighed. Why did he feel so safe in Chanyeol's embrace?

"Are you okay with me being this close to you?"

Chanyeol rested his head on Baekhyun's shoulder. "I'm fine with anything. As long as its you."

"You really like me." Baekhyun says, holding back a smile.

Chanyeol nodded. "I really, really like you.."

"Why?"

"Huh?" Chanyeol loosened his grip at Baekhyun turned his body to face Chanyeol.

"Why do you 'really really' like me?" Baekhyun asked again.

Chanyeol pressed his lips together, watching how Baekhyun stared back at him. "How much of my conversation with Sehun..did you hear?"

Baekhyun tried to remember. "..I can't really remember. Nor did I hear it very well..I know he confessed to you."

Chanyeol nodded, letting his hair slide against the soft fabric of the pillow under his head. "You make me happy..I don't know what you did, but I can't help but want to be around you. As weird as this may sound, I want you to touch me, make me feel alive. I love how much of an idiot you are..my cute idiot.."

Baekhyun didn't know how much redder his face could get. He felt touched yet embarrassed by Chanyeol's words.

"What about me? What do you think of me? Why do you like me?" Chanyeol asked.

Baekhyun pursed his lips in thought. "Hm..you're a silly fire monkey that acts like a tough ice prince but is a cute puppy on the inside."

Chanyeol's smile faltered. "Wow Baek."

The shorter male laughed. "Ok,..well..you're really mean, and you bully me. You never say thank you when I get you food and you tease me for being bad at math. Gee, there really isn't anything that make me like yo-"

"Yah!" Chanyeol pouted, removing his arms from around Baekhyun, and turned the other way.

Baekhyun stopped laughing when he suddenly missed Chanyeol's warmth and comfort. "I was just kidding!"

"Hmph." Chanyeol muttered. He tried to hide his smile when Baekhyun scooted closer and tried to get him to look at his face. The way Baekhyun's hands rested on his shoulder and biceps made him satisfied.

"Ahh, Chanyeol!" Baekhyun shakes Chanyeol's body a few times, drawing out the last syllable in the giant's name.  "Chan-"

Suddenly, Chanyeol turned himself over and Baekhyun was found face to face with the other male. Their eye contact made Baekyun swallow, his throat feeling dry.

"Give me a kiss and maybe I'll forgive you."

Baekhyun felt the blood rush to his cheeks. Slightly hesitant, he leaned down and quickly pressed a peck onto Chanyeol's cheek. It was more embarrassing to do it now, after they've established their feelings for each other.

"Yah. You call that a kiss?!" Chanyeol pouts. Baekhyun pulls himself off and sits up instead of laying back down to his previous position.

"I'm not giving you another kiss for a long time! We're not even d-dating!" Baekhyun exclaims shyly.

Chanyeol raises his eyebrow with a smirk. "Okay then, Baek, be my boyfriend."

Baekhyun didn't expect Chanyeol to be so direct; but then again, he didn't really know what to expect.

"W-Why should I say yes?"

"Because I like you," Chanyeol drew his face closer. "And you clearly like me, too."

Baekhyun bit his lip. "Is it that obvious?"

Chanyeol pressed his forehead to Baekhyun's. "Yeah, it is."

"Then-" Just when Baekhyun was about to connect their lips, there was a cough from someone at the door. Baekhyun immediately pulled away, making Chanyeol groan in annoyance.

"I see you two are wide awake and..more than okay." Yixing says, leaning on the door frame with his arms crossed over his chest. Chanyeol sent invisible lazors at the senior as he walked over to their bed. Baekhyun scrambled to get off but Chanyeol wrapped his arm around his waist.

"Stay." Chanyeol says. Baekhyun reluctantly did.

"You fell pretty hard." Yixing says, taking a seat on the bed that Baekhyun had previously occupied. "And I'm not just talking about your jump off that tree earlier."

Baekhyun didn't know what to say. "I-.."

Chanyeol felt like he had the upperhand. Having kissed Baekhyun, he knew that the shorter male liked him, not his step brother. He liked the feeling of reassurance and comfort he got from Baekhyun.

"It's okay. Don't worry. I already you two would get together a long time ago. Chanyeol is crazy about you." Yixing says with a smile.

Baekhyun blushed. "Oh.."

"But I'll be honest, I liked you too Baekhyun."

Chanyeol's arm tighened around Baekhyun.

"W-What?"

Yixing crossed one leg over his other. "I had a crush on you..I wanted you all to myself."

Chanyeol stares at his stepbrother admit his feelings for Baekhyun right in front of him.

"Well..I feel honored, hyung, but I don't see you in that way.." Baekhyun says, hoping he didn't hurt Yixing's feelings.

The senior nodded with a smile. "I know. This bastard here was already claiming you for his own before I could even get a step into the race."

Chanyeol smirked and pulled Baekhyun to him. "You're mine, Baek, you hear that?"

Baekhyun slapped Chanyeol's arm before relaxing in his new position, leaning against Chanyeol's chest.

"Y-You're crazy.."

"Crazy for you." Chanyeol mumbled only loud enough for Baekhyun to hear. Yixing cringed at the sight and stood up with a sigh.

"Well, if you two love birds are done, you two can go. I've given you both some healing pills that should work miracles for your headaches and minor bruises. I didn't know how long you two would be out for so..they should wear off in a few more hours." Yixing walks over to the door. "It's 8 o'clock by the way. Dinner has ended already so grab a granola bar on your way out."

Chanyeol and Baekhyun watched as Yixing made his way out casually, leaving the two alone once more.

"So..you'll be my boyfriend?" Chanyeol asks, smiling wide at the boy in his arms.

Baekhyun leaned into Chanyeol's embrace. "Yeah, whatever."

-

"A-A-Ah!" Luhan winced as he sat down on his bed with Minseok's help.

"You're so clumsy, Lu..Yixing said to go back to the nurses office but of course you were impatient and left before he was able to give you the numbing ointment." Minseok shook his head, watching his roommate snuggle into his blankets.

"I don't want to stay there!..I'm just really tired." Luhan says with a sigh.

"You were so excited this morning. Now you're like a sloth." Minseok says, crossing his arms over his chest as he leaned back on his chair.

" happened, Minnie..A lot of happened."

Minseok frowned. "Is it about that Sehun kid again?"

Luhan tensed, remembering what happened this morning.

"Chanyeol hyung!" Sehun called out as he walked over to the group of friends.

Luhan's eyes lit up and he smiled as the sophomore approached them.

"Oh, hey." Chanyeol says with his hands in his pockets. Sehun stops right in front of him.

"I was wondering if you wanted to team up with me?" Sehun asks and Luhan's smile completely drops. He stares at Sehun before frowning and looking up at Chanyeol beside him to see his response.

Chanyeol blinked, not expecting Sehun to have asked to be his partner again.

"Uh.." Chanyeol wanted to be Baekhyun's partner but he didn't have the confidence to ask him.

"Chanyeol?" Sehun asked, leaning over and tapping his shoulder.

Luhan couldn't help it.

"If you want to work with Baekhyun, just go talk to him." Luhan says out loud and Sehun and Chanyeol both look at him. He couldn't risk losing a chance to partner with Sehun. They had gotten a bit closer the last time they teamed up. When Sehun had sent him signals for help, he felt happier than ever to be able to assist the younger male.

Chanyeol frowned, knowing that Luhan had read his mind.

"I didn't say that." Chanyeol defends. He steals one more glance at Baekhyun before turning to Sehun.

"Sure let's team up."

Luhan feels his heart drop with Sehun smiles widely. Were his cheeks pink?

"See you later hyung!" Sehun dashed off to Tao and his other friends. They had 15 minutes before the game started. They were already giving out spell bands.

Once Sehun left, Luhan glared at Chanyeol. "Are you kidding me Chanyeol!?"

"What?" Chanyeol didn't seem very happy himself.

"You totally could have given Sehun to me!"

"Is he a thing now? He doesn't belong to you. He came to me first anyway." Chanyeol says with a huff.

Luhan tossed over but stopped, feeling his ankle twist in pain. "AISH!"

Minseok laughed before jumping onto his own bed with a relaxing sigh.

"What happened? Wanna talk about it?"

Luhan pouted and hugged his blankets tighter. "I'm sad. And hurt."

"Elaborate."

"Sehun likes Chanyeol."

Minseok raised an eyebrow. "Did he tell you that?"

Luhan shook his head.

"Then- Did you read his mind?! Luhan you can't-"

"I didn't!" Luhan exclaimed. "He's so ing obvious about it. I mean, what's so good about Chanyeol that my Sehun would choose that tree man over me?! An elegant and loving deer?!"

Minseok tried to not cringe at Luhan's choice of words to describe himself.

"Maybe you're just not his type..?"

Luhan sat up, wide eyes. "N-Not his type?! Minnie, I'm totally his type. He and Chanyeol will never be!"

Minseok chuckled at Luhan's reaction. "You can say that again. Chanyeol is basically addicted to Baekhyun. I suggest you just talk to Sehun about it..maybe get him to understand your feelings."

Luhan flopped back down on his fluffy pillow.

"What do I have to do to get Sehun to love me?"

-

"E-Excuse me?" Tao stuck his head into the nurse's office, hoping he would find one of the upper classmen to treat his bruise.

Hearing no response, the sophomore stepped into the room, looking around for any sort of assistant.

"Hel-"

"Yes?" A calm voice came from the other room and before Tao could even respond back, a tall blonde man stepped out, holding a book in his hands.

Tao blinked fighting the temptation to stop time for a minute just to admire the man's beauty. The other male was only an inch or two taller than himself.

"Uh-I-Uhm.." Tao stuttered and felt his ears burn up. How embarrassing..!

"What can I do for you, panda?" He says with a smirk on his lips. 

Tao raised an eyebrow before frowning. "What did you just call me?"

The senior walked over until they were just a foot apart. He was even more handsome up close, Tao thought.

"Pan-da. Panda."

Those thoughts of admiration suddenly disappeared. Tao narrows his eyes. "I have a name."

The blonde male stuffed his hands into his pockets and leaned over. "And so does everyone in this school."

The sophomore rolled his eyes, feeling insulted. "Excuse me, sir, but I'd rather not be called panda when you look like a overgrown chicken."

The senior's eyebrow twitched in annoyance. "C-Chicken..?"

Tao cocked his head to the side. "Yep. Why? Don't like it?"

The latter straightened himself and stared down at the boy in front of him.

"My name is Kris." He says in fluent Chinese, taking Tao by surprise. "And you must be my future boyfriend."

 


Aha, so much Baekyeol fluff! And FINALLY TAORIS! You guys have been asking when Tao and Kris would meet and nowww they have xD

Leave a comment! What was your reaction to Chanyeol and Baekhyun's conversation? What do you think of their new relationship? What is your image of Yixing now? What should Luhan do to make Sehun love him? Tao and Kris' first encounter!?

Featured Comment: KimDelilahEunmi : Omo this is so good i am speechless>.< kaisoo is so cute but omo baekyeol is just cute , i can't wait for possessive chan to nearly burn others for touching baek....sehun i don't like you no more, why are you so mean and cold to luhan? Can't wait for taoris meeting and omg chenmin are you waiting for an invitation? ^^

y'all saying you're in love with this story but you guys don't know that Exo is in love with you <3

Thank you my lovely readers for being so patient and supportive *finger heart* saranghae~ ^.^