Chapter 3

Watch Out For Love

--***--

Dara POV

 

     I woke up relaxed knowing that it’s still early in the morning. The charity starts at noon, so I still has my time on preparing. I’m really excited about this charity, I can’t wait to donate as much as possible to help those children. The thought of it makes me smile.

     She takes her time on showering and clean herself up. And then, she proceeds with her make up and dressed herself with a light blue off shoulder dress that accentuate her S-line body and the dress falls beautifully on the floor. I let my hair down today since I’m too tired to style them.

     Chaerin will pick her up and they’ll go to the event together. Her phone beeped and she checks it. It’s Chaerin and she’s already downstair. I quickly grabbed my clutch and go downstair.

      I got in on Chaerin’s car and she let out a gasp.

      “Sandara Park, I don’t know you’ve got it in you.” She said impressed with my look.

      “What? Come on, you look good too.” I replied. She really looks good in her long black dress that really show off her ‘assets’ you know what I mean, and her deep red lipstick with her thick eye liner really completes her femme fatale look. And we off  to the charity.

     I’m a bit anxious since we’re a little bit late but Chaerin said it’s better like that so we’ll have our dramatic entrance. I rolled my eyes at her. And just like she predicted, we are having our dramatic entrance with all of the eyes at the room starring at us. But I held my chin up and I found Bom’s hand waving at us while she’s seating at a table. Chaerin and I then proceeds to her table. When we arrived at the table, Bom stand up and hugs me like there’s no tomorrow. Bom really look beautiful today. She wears a maroon dress that has a slit from her mid thigh and expose her famous toned legs. ‘she really got a nice legs’

     “Bom... I can’t... breathe..” I said with struggle.

     “Oops.. sorry” she said. And lead me to my seat. After I’m seated, I fixed my dress.

     “Bom, I’ve missed you so much. Wow, you’re getting chubbier. But, that’s fine. Anyway, I’ve got a lot of things I want to say to you, I don’t know where to start. How have you been? How’s Uncle and Auntie? Is your brother okay? I’ll visit your house one of these days.” God, I’m so shameless, my mouth won’t stop talking but I can’t help it I missed her so much. We met when I was studying Medical and Chaerin studying business at the States and when Chaerin and I graduated, we moved back to Seoul while Bom stayed there.

      “Geez Dara, relax. I won’t go anywhere. Let’s just catch up after this charity. How about the three of us sleepover at your apartment?” Bom suggested and it was the best idea she ever thought of. “Oh my God, I’m so in” Chaerin said and the three of us squealed.

     “Ehemm..”  The three of us look to the person and I don’t know him, he has bags under his eyes. I don’t know that they’re other people at our table, and I feel guilty towards them for my loud chattering.

     “Oh God, I forgot. Dara do you remember my childhood friend I used to talked about?” Bom asked. “Uhmm.. yeah?” I said “Well, it’s him. Dara meet Seungri, Seungri meet Dara” Bom said.

     “Oh, hello nice to meet you” I smiled at him.

      “And the others are his friends.” Bom said. “This is Youngbae hyung, Top hyung, Daesung hyung, and Jiyong hyung.” He introduced his friends and I was stunned hearing the jerk’s name, I guess there’s not only one Jiyong. I eyed his friends one by one and give them warm smiles and they return them, and my smile immediately fades seeing ‘the same Jiyong I was thinking about’ seats with all his mightiness in his ever-so-gorgeous tuxedo and a smirk tucked on his face. ‘Great God up above, why would this jerk be here?’ I asked myself.

 

Jiyong POV

     The charity is about to begin but I can’t see her. Bom noona said they’ll arrive shortly. We decided to seat all together. The event started with Dara and Chaerin nowhere to be seen. Suddenly, the door open and the two of them strolled in with elegance. The two of them really are beautiful. Dara with her innocence beauty and Chaerin with her fierce badassery. The three of them really makes a great trio. I can see from the corner of my eyes that all the guys there including my friends are all staring at her with gawking eyes. “Pfft, as if you can get her” I whispered. ‘God, why do I act like this?’

          “Bom, I’ve missed you so much. Wow, you’re getting chubbier. But, that’s fine. Anyway, I’ve got a lot of things I want to say to you, I don’t know where to start. How have you been? How’s Uncle and Auntie? Is your brother okay? I’ll visit your house one of these days.” I don’t know that she can be this loud. She seems not the type of a chatterbox, but I was proven to be wrong.

       When she saw me, I gave her a smirk and she just stared at me with shock.

       “We meet again” I said to her. I can tell that the others are shocked from my revelation.

       “You guys have met before?” Youngbae asked

      “Uhm, yes. His nephew is my patient.” Dara said calmly. “Oh” the other muttered. After that, they talked to Dara trying to get to know her. And Bom was right, everybody loved her. She’s funny and openminded, also easy to get along with. And she managed to urge us, including me to donate a lot of money for this charity. I think she even used a verbal threat.

     When the others are deep with their talking, I sneak a glance at her. She’s staring at nothing in particular.

      “Ehemm.. It’s nice of you helping this kids.” I tell her sincerely.

      “Huhh?” she seems surprised “Oh, thank you.” She replied warmly and went back to her staring at nothing in particular mania.

       “You look beautiful today” I praised her

       “Are you flirting with me, Mr. Kwon?” she was back with her cold demeanor. Okay, is this girl has a bipolar or something? One minute she was sweet and all and the next minute she’s so cold, the snow could fall in Hawaii.

       “What do you think, doctor Park?” I smirked.

       “I think you’re bad at it.” She said while elegantly drink her champagne. ‘What the hell? This girl’s really bruising my ego.’

       “Well I’m sorry if I don’t impressed you.” I retord clearly annoyed.

       “Apology accepted. I guess there’s nothing you can do about it.” She said lazily. Little did the two of us know, the whole group are watching our exchange of words.

        “I’ll make sure to be better the next time we meet.” I said while faking a smile.

        “If we meet.” She added.

        “I’m positive that we’ll meet again Park. Cause your stupidity is one of a kind, I’d sell my whole company just to watch them” I said smugly. I can see that she’s already fuming right now. God, it’s amusing.

      “You can keep your company Kwon, I’d pity you if you lose your company. What would you have left?” She replied and drank all of her wine hoping that the wine can eases her stress. Okay, now I’m annoyed.

      “Good looks, girls flocking at me, connections, the money will come around.” I replied  while smirking.

     “Indeed you have those materials. But good looks? I have to disagree. I think a cow is much more interesting than you are. Even after it’s dipped in mud.” She said and now I’m the one whose fuming.

 

Third People POV

     “Oh my God hyungs! Did you see this?” Seungri asked with his eyes as wide as saucers.

    “Yeah Seungri-ah! We saw it.” The three of them replied.

     “God, this is gold” Daesung said as they watch the bantering in front of them.

    “Go Dara noona, you can crush hyung!” Seungri is currently giving Dara his words of wisdom. But the two of them is like in their own world, they can’t hear it.

          “Indeed you have those materials. But good looks? I have to disagree. I think a cow is much more interesting than you are. Even after it’s dipped in mud.” They heard Dara said.

       “Ooohh.. harsh.. poor Jiyong” Youngbae said trying to surpressed his laughter. The other were also trying their best to surpressed their laughter.

       “This is a once in a lifetime opportunity guys, you better remember Jiyong’s expression right now. It will be forever cherished.” Top said.

      ”What’s with his expression?” Bom asked curiously.

       “Noona can’t you see? Dara is bruising Jiyong’s ego and that is hardly ever happened.” Daesung said.

      “I’ve never seen Dara this uncomposed before. I know she can be stupid, but it was just between us. I’ve never seen her like this in public. And it’s amusing” Chaerin said while grinning.

     “Don’t hate me, but why do I smell something is brewing between the two of them?” Youngbae said. Everyone else agree with him. ‘What an amusing situation’ all of them thought to theirself.

     Finally the charity ended and they were able to donated more than 200 million dollars for the children. Because of that, Dara is really happy and she became one bubble of happiness and no one can pop her happy bubble.

--***--

Dara POV

     It’s Monday and I was on my way to the hospital relaxedly. The sleepover and the catch up really boost my spirit. Also, I haven’t seen the Jerk since the charity, not that I’m sad of course.

     Nothing special happened during my work time at the hospital. Everything happens smoothly, until I was about to go home, Donghae suddenly popped out of nowhere and dragged me to his ‘supposedly-new-car’ and strolled around the city. Then, he stopped at a gas station and went to the toilet. When he was gone, I called Bom.

 

Jiyong POV

     The boys and me were strolling around the mall when we met Bom noona and Chaerin, then we decided to hangout on a coffee shop.

     “Where’s Dara noona?” Daesung asked

     “Like usual. Busting her as* off at the hospital.” Chaerin replied lazily.

     Suddenly, Bom’s phone rang and she answers it. “Oh it’s Dara, I guess she has a long life ahead.” Bom said ( A/N: I don’t know if it’s applied all over the world, but  in my country, if we just talked about one person and he or she came,or in this situation called, he or she will live a long life.)

     “Eoh Dara-yah” Bom said when she picked up her phone and turn the loud speaker mode on.

     “Yah! Bom-ah! Where are you? Please.. help me..” she said desperately. And all of our heads shots to the phone.

     “Yah, what are you talking about? What happened to you?” Bom asked with concern.

     “Donghae dragged me Bom... please get me out off heree...” She said, and in a second, the whole room filled with Bom’s ,Chaerin’s, and my laughter while the other boys stare at us with confusion.

      “Yah, I pity you Dara, just tell him you got a meeting with us, and come here.” Bom said while wipe her tears. After Dara agree to do so, Bom hang up.

       “So, who’s this Donghae guy?” Top hyung said.

        “He’s Dara’s colleague, and a total douchebag.” I answered lazily.

         “Hyung, why do you know him?” Seungri asked in confusion, the others too.

        “I’ve met him when Taeo has his check up.” I said trying to  be cool. The others just nod their head and resume on chatting.

      It’s been an hour and Dara hasn’t arrive yet, and it start to irks me. Thank God Youngbae has the same thought.

      “Why Dara hasn’t arrive yet?” he asked.

      “Let me call her.” Bom said and she calls Dara.

      “Yah, where are you?” she said while putting it to the loudspeaker mode.

      “Relax, I’m already at the mall? Where are you?” dara asked

      “At the coffeeshop. Why is it taking so damn long?” Bom replied.

      ”He doesn’t let me go  at first, but I insist. Fckng as*hole , I hope he rot in a gutter. Oh I already see you. I’m hanging up.” We laughed at her words.’ Doesn’t know the woman can curse.’

     In seconds, she arrived and took the empty spot beside me that I don’t know exist but I shrug it off, and heck she orders a lot.

       “Can I order a red velvet cake? Ooh, there’s a green tea cake? That too. And the black forest seems delicious, I want that too, and a double caramel cookie cream please.” She said to the waiter with a smile.

      “Noona, can you eat all of it?” Seungri asked.

       Before she could replied, Chaerin beats her to it.

       “That’s nothing for her. Especially after a stressful day at work. One time, she finished a pint of ice cream after a full course dinner just because she failed at some stupid test.” Chaerin said and it shocked us.’But her body is so small, I think she’ll fall when the wind blew.’

        And true enough, she really finished all of it, even the whipped cream. It amazes me and the others.

       “Wow you really  eat like a pig.” I said with a smirk.

       “Wow, you really are a jerk.” She replied

        “Whatever flows your boat, babe”

        “My boat doesn’t want you, babe”

        “Are you sure babe? I can be very useful. Even at any boat.”

        “Oh really? Then why don’t you go to another boat and fck off, babe” she said with disgust.

        “Fine, if you want it so much, you win .”

        “Whatever.” She rolled her eyes.

Third person POV

      The others just watch them while their bicker with pure amusement,

      “Should we?” Bom asked

      “I think we should.” Top said

       “We should what?” seungri asked confused.

       “Yeah, we should.” Chaerin said

       “What if it backfired?” Daesung said

       “ What backfired?” Seungri asked

       “Relax, it won’t” Youngbae said

        “Seriously, what are you guys talking about?” Seungri bursts.

       “Shut up dude. You’re ruining their moment.” Daesung said

        “What moment? Oohh.. I get it.. I’m in. We should and it won’t backfire.” He said with excitement.

       “ Stupid .” Chaerin muttered and it started their bickering

       After eating they decided to stroll around and Chaerin and Bom starts to shopping.

       “Oh, I have to go home, I’ve got work tomorrow.” Dara suddenly said.

       “How will you go home?” Youngbae asked

       “There’s a lot of taxi outside. I’m going. Bye”

        “Waittt!” Bom said “Jiyong! Why don’t you take Dara home? It’s dangerous for a woman to go home late at night, alone. Right guys?” She said

       The others starts to realize what she’s trying to do.

       “Yess.. it’s really dangerous hyungg.. what if something happens to noona? I saw a news this morning that a serial killer is on the loose killing women in Seoul.” Seungri said

       “You’re over-reacting Seungri, I’ll be fine.” Dara said.

       “You’re a disgrace to all of us men, Jiyong. How can you let a young woman go home alone late at night. I’m dissapointed.” Top said

        “Geez, fine. I’ll take her home, and she’s not that young.” Jiyong said and drag Dara with him.

        “Yes!” Chaerin said.

        “What? I’m not going with you. Get your hands off me. For all I know you’re the serial killer.” Dara said while trying to get Jiyong’s arm off her but fail.

        “Just shut up woman.” Jiyong said pissed and Dara obliged.

 

Dara POV

      The ride home is nothing but pure silence. Why you asked? Damn right I’m giving him a cold shoulder. How dare him telling me to just shut up? What am I a dog? I’m very pissed right now.

      “You eat a lot huh? He asked

      Silence

      “Are you listening me?”

      Silence

      “Hello?” he said waving his hand in front of my face.

      Again silence

      “Why are you being like this?” I just raised my eyebrow at him

      “Fine, I’m sorry for shutting you up.” I nod my head

      “Seriously? Come on, I’ve apologized already”

        Silence

       “Urggh” I heard him grunt. 'Huhh.. serves you right.'

       When, we arrive at my apartment, I immediately open the door to get out but it’s locked. I raised my brow at him, but he just cross his hands on his chest.

       “You’re not getting out of this car if you’re not saying a word.” He said stubbornly

       “ Go to hell. Wow that’s three words. Now, let me out.” I said

       “Actually, it’s eleven words. Can’t you count?” he smirked.

     I’m fuming right now. Oh my God I want to strangle him so much. When I was about to, I heard the door lock opened. ‘Thank God. You nearly lose your head Kwon.’ Without saying anything, I open the door and about to get off the car when an arm prevent me to do so.

        “Ouch. No thank you? You broke my heart babe.” He said with a pout.

        “Babe my as* . Thanks.” I said shortly and get off from his car and banged the door.

         He let down the car’s window and shout “Bye babe!!!”and left.

         ‘What a stupid jerk ’ I thought to myself and smiled.

 

 

Long long long time no seee... I'm sorry for not updating --____--" but here goes number three, hope you'll like it sassyserene