Chapter 1

Watch Out For Love

Dara POV

"Don't worry it's just a fever. Just give her this medicine and she will heal in no time." Dara said as she smiles at a little girl and the mother.

"Thank you so much doctor, I always panic when it comes to my daughter. i'll make sure that she drinks this medicine. thank you once again." said the mother.

"It's nothing." Dara said with smile plastered on her face.

 

     She let out a tired breath when the little girl and her mother left. "Well i'm exhausted." Dara said as she take off her white coat leaving her with a simple sky blue shirt and a navy pencil skirt then she prepare herself to go home. She checks her phone and see that today is Thursday. ‘hmm, one more day and it’s weekend.’

     The thought of weekend and meeting her friends really makes her excited. But she can’t do that this week, cause she has to attend a charity where they raise funds to help children at Africa. She didn’t regret to go to that charity though, cause it’s the masterpiece of all her hardwork. She bust her as*-off trying to help those children and this charity will help her a lot.

      When she walks out the hospital,all the nurses would smile at her and she would return them politely, and guys would sneak a glance at her but she just shrug it off. As usual, she always takes the bus to her apartment. She can afford to buy a car, but she didn’t want one, since she doesn't know how to drive one and she doesn't want to know.

       When she arrives at her apartment, she cook herself a quick dinner and munch them. It’s 11.00 PM and she’s tired. After she washed her dishes, she proceeds with her night routine and plop herself on the bed, and she drifted to sleep.

    

 

 

---***---

 

     “Beep...beep..beep”

      The sound of her alarm wake her from her deep slumber. “Ughh.. I still want to sleep” deciding that she will take an extra minute, she closes her eyes once more. “Uhmm.. bed... sleep... unicorn..” she mumbled as she smiles.

 

---***---

Jiyong POV

 

        His eyes shot open when he felt sunlight piercing through his skin. Ughh, how he hates morning. But what can he do, he’s just a normal human being, working to live. ‘Wait. I don’t have to’, he smirk while thinking to himself. But being a considerate person that he is, he still drag himself to the bathroom and take a shower.

      After he prepare himself with a good mood he proceed to his beloved black lamborghini that he loves so much.

     “Ahh.. what a good weather” he said as he driving to his building lazily. Being the CEO of Kwon Enterprise, he doesn’t need to be there on time. He doesn’t even have to show up. But he is a workaholic and when he work, he’ll work like there’s no tomorrow. But of course, he has his playful side like every other man walking on this earth. Today, like every Friday, he would hang out with his friends at night on the club, and he didn’t plan to miss it today.

 

 

---***---

Dara POV

     “Jesus Christ!!! I’m effin’ late” dara growled as she stumbled with her heels and white coat in her hand as she got out of her apartment. She dressed herself in a simple casual peach dress and heels since it’s friday. She run herself to the lift and wait for it to reach the lobby. As she half walking half running through the lobby, she can see that the workers is sending her smiles, but she doesn’t have time to return them. ‘Goddamnit why am i late’ she thought. ‘Ahaha cause i’m overslept . That’s why. It’s okay, nobody is going to die, everyone can live happily ever after, unicorns are exist, and rainbow is freakin’ black and white!!” she tried to calm herself down but failed as she dash her way to the bus stop and got into one of the bus.

     “Okay, I’m on the bus. It’s fine.” She let out a breath exhausted from her heel-running mania.

     When it was just a couple block from the hospital, the bus caught on a traffic and Dara started to panic again. ‘Okay, this won’t work. I’ll just walk the remaining blocks.’ She said and got off the bus. People were staring at her ever so hilariously running mania as she crosses the zebra cross. She didn’t see that it was a green light at that time and nearly struck by a lamborghini. She is dumbstrucked.  ‘What the hell, I can die for all I care but I don’t want to be late’ she thought. She want to apologize politely but she can’t see the driver through the tinted window. She bowed her head and shout ‘I’m sorry, but i’m late.” Then she run again until she arrived at the hospital.

   

--***--

Jiyong POV

     “What The !! Is she crazyy?” I stepped on my car’s brake and I stared at the stupid girl with disbelief. I almost bump my car and ruin it. I can see that she’s in a state of shock but in a milisecond that shock dissapeared as if losing her life is not important right now.

     ‘Can’t she see me? Oh right, my windows are tinted.’ I thought stupidly. And then i see her bowing and shout out her apology. I chuckled to myself when i see her run like a mad woman. Wait, why do i chuckled. God, I’m starting to lose my mind. Then I step on the gas and continue driving to my building once again in a foul mood. Ugh, that almost-accident really turns my day off.

 

--***--

Dara POV

      “I’m... not late... am.. I?” she said to Minzy, the nurse as she trying to catch a breath.

     “You are eonni. But lucky you, the head isn’t here yet.” Minzy said with a smile.

     “Thank God” Dara said relieved. “Wait. By the way, DongHae was looking for you but i said that you’re not here yet.” Minzy said as Dara already recovered from her out-of-breath moment. “Uggh. Not him again. I’m sick of his date proposal. God, I’m even sick of seeing his face.” My face contorted my feeling.

     Donghae is my fellow doctor. But he’s from a different department. When i’m a pediatrician, he’s a neurosurgeon. And i don’t like his guts. Arrogant and he thinks he can date me. By all means, he is handsome. But his arrogance is starting to irk me to my bones. All I can do is to give him a cold shoulder. But i don’t know if he’s too dense or  a ing

idiot, he didn’t get the message and keep following me around. Maybe, i’ll just break his bones one of these days.

 

     Minzy laughed at my misfortune, and start giving me a report of my patient’s progress while I’m gone.

     “Taerin is getting better. Her temperature is stable and her appetite is slowly increasing. But she still throw up her food every half hour after she eats. I think it’s the side effects of the medicine you gave her last week.”

     “I think so too, I’ll check on her later.” I said “Anything else?’

     “Uhmm...Eonni you’re so beautiful today..” Minzy said while giving me her best smile ever. I smell something suspicious brewing here.. my feeling never betrayed me. “Spill it out.. from a to z, from top to bottom, everything you do, spill it now maybe I’ll forgive you.” I said with serious tone and deadly glare.

     “Uhmm.. I know you told me not to accept any patient cause your plate is already full and to give it to other doctors, but it’s Kwon Dami’s son and i can’t say no. So please, just accept it okay. It’s just a simple check up. The boy got a pretty bad injury a few months ago, but it’s already healed. Her mother just want to check if it was healed properly or not.” Minzy said with an apologetic smile.

     I stared at her with disbelief. Well, I will do the same thing if I was her. It’s Kwon Dami for God sake. The most powerful and succesful busineswoman who used to be a model but married to a guy and has a son when she started her business empire mainly in fashion. “When is it? God I’m such a good person” I ask lazily and Minzy’s eyes twinkle with happines. “Today at 4.00 PM. I already check your schedule and you’re free.Yes you are a good person. And you’ll be flying with all angels up there” She said and walk merrily back to her post. I just chuckled at her cuteness.

     When i was about to walk to my room i heard someone called me. “Dara!” oh, I know that voice.  It’s Donghae and I quickly half walk half running to my room when i hear him calling me again this time i can hear his footsteps following me too “Dara!! Let’s have a coffee together!.”  I can hear Minzy’s loud laughter. ‘oh, I’m so gonna kill that kid later’ Pretending not to hear a single thing, I quickly get inside my room and lock the door. I sink myself to the bottom of my chair and let out a stressful breath.

 

--***--

Jiyong POV

     “Kwon Jiyong speaking. What do you want?” he said coldly to whoever it is that decide to call him when he was in a foul mood. “ Ouchh brother, learn some manners.” By the voice, he can tell that it’s his sister. “Sorry, what do you want?” again with cold tone as he sign the papers that needed to be review by this afternoon.

      “Tsch, no one can put up with you. Any way, Taeo is getting his checkup later at 4.00 PM but I’m having a sudden meeting, so can you take him there?” her sister asked. “I’m busy. But i guess i can delay my meeting. Where do I take him?” Jiyong ask.

     “I knew you couldn’t say no. At Seoul National University Hospital.” His sister said “Of course, he’s my nephew.” Jiyong said. “Please be there on time, I heard this doctor is really busy, I struggled to manage this check-up. Her nurse already turn me down, but you know me and my determination.” She said and he can hear her chuckled. “Tssch, busy? I never heard doctors said they’re busy.” Jiyong replied lazily.

     “Well you are a busy doctor if you work yourself at the hospital days and nights and after that you volunteered yourself to help poor children who has bad health alongside UNICEF.” I already look through her background, that’s why I insist that she must be the one who checks on Taeo.” Dami said.

     Jiyong’s ear twerk up due to curiousity. “a she huhh?” he said with a smirk. “Oh please, she’s not you type, she’s too good for you.” Her sister said. “Yeah you’re right” Jiyong said with disinterested lying in his voice. “Anywho, I’ll drop off Taeo at your building by 03.30.” Dami said. “Okay, I’m hanging up.” Jiyong said and hang up.

 

 

 

 

 

What do you think beloved readers? I know it's still lacked with a lot of things. So please give me comments. If you want to ask something, just ask. I'll be more than excited to reply to you fellow applers. Should I put up the subscriber-only label? Sending you virtual hugs and kisses right now xoxo. sassyserene