Chapter 2

Watch Out For Love

Dara POV

      It’s almost 04.00 PM and I’ve just finished visiting my patients at their rooms when my stomach starts to grumble.I decided to go to the cafetaria to eat lunch. When i arrive at the cafetaria, something or rather someone caught my eyes. Yup, the annoying Donghae. “Dara, come eat with me.” He said. Uhmm no thank you i told myself. I have to find an excuse to get out of there, but my stomach is really begging me to feed them. I think all of my intestines are united and doing a demonstration against me. Believe me when I say that they are a force to be reckoned with. But my pride is hovering over my hunger and i quickly said “ I’m sorry i’m looking for Minzy. Apparently she’s not here, so I’ll get going” i quickly scamper away from there and think somewhere else to eat when Minzy called me.

     “Dara eonni, don’t forget the checkup at 4.00 PM. I think they’re here.” Minzy remind me. , I forgot. I quickly run to my room forgetting all about my stomach’s rebellion. ‘Ugh I”ll deal with you later.” I hope my stomach hear that message.

 

--***--

Jiyong POV

     I led Taeo to the checkup room. He’s being an extra talker today, not that I’m complaining. I love to hear him talk. Taeo is my nephew. He’s 5 years old and a really good talker. She must’ve got it from his mother.

      “Uncle Ji, I heard that this doctor is pweety..” he said with twinkle in his eyes. “Really? Well let’s see her then.” I’m quite curious myself. ‘ a doctor, volunteering for UNICEF, and pretty?’  I see the name at the door ‘Sandara Park’ what a unique name i said to myself. When I enter, there’s no one inside, but i make myself comfortable by sitting at the chair with Taeo sitting on my lap. After 5 minutes or so I’m starting to get impatient, but luckily I heard the door is being open. And I can hear the doctor at my back muttered  “Sorry, I’m late.”

     I put Taeo at the other chair and stand up to shake her hand when I see her face, I was shocked. ‘it’s the stupid girl.” I found myself smirking, but i quickly wipe it off. ‘wow, so she’s a doctor? Well that explain the coat in her hand. Hmm, she’s pretty ” I politely shook her hand and introduce myself. ‘Let’s see, after i say my name, she’s going to run after me like every girl.” He thought and smirk once again. “I’m Kwon Jiyong. Nice to meet you.” He said while plastering his girl-melting smile on his face. ‘Come on.. give me ‘the’ reaction i was looking for...’

     “Nice to meet you too, I’m Sandara Park” she smiled briefly and immediately move her eyes to the paper where she was writing at. ‘What the hell? What kind of reaction is that? Didn’t she know me.. hello?  Isn’t the Most Eligible Bachelor title oozing through me? Maybe she’s just playing it cool, right.. in any minutes, she will flock over me.’

     “You must be Taeo” she said with a smile, the smile is different than when she smiled at me. She then look at me and said “You must be Taeo’s father right? Care to explain what kind of injury he had?” she said politely. But it was like a thunderstruck at my face. ‘a father?’ that’s really insulting.. Goshh.. this is so embarassing.

     “No.. No.. He’s not my daddy, he’s my uncle Ji” I can hear the voice of angel coming from heaven.. I love you Taeo. I made a mental note to treat Taeo an ice-cream later.

     “Oh, I’m sorry, care to explain the injury?” she asked once again with apology on her face.’ Yeah missy you better be sorry... i look like a father?daddy?papa? no way in hell i’ll be one of those..’

     “He was just playing football when he fell and broke his right knee.” I answered.

     “Well, first let's check your weight and height” she said to Taeo once again with a smile on her face. “Minzy-ah please weigh him and measure his height.” She said to a bob haired girl and the girl immediately led Taeo to another room, so it was just the two of us at that room. She’s busying herself with files of her patients I guest. I just stared at her with curiousity.

 

Dara POV

     ‘Why is this guy staring at me.’ I can feel his eyes staring me.

     “Can I help you?” I ask cause I can’t stand his penetrating y eyes. ‘Wait, what? Oh, maybe it’s because I’m hungry’

     “Oh nothing. I think I’ve seen you before.” He said with a playful tone.

     “Well sorry, I’ve never seen you before.” I said trying to be as cold as possible cause I have this feeling that this guy here is not you’re ordinary guy. Even when I shake his hand, I can feel the authority and power running through his veins. Okay, I know he owns the Kwon Enterprise. Geez, even a person who lived under the rock knows him.

     I continue writing on Taeo’s report with silence between the two of us, and it was awkward as hell. Heck, I even can hear the cry of a toddler being injected at the fifth floor. Do note that we’re at the second floor.

     I’m so grateful when Minzy brought Taeo back. Minzy gave me Taeo’s weight and height and other information. I immediately him to a bed and check his knee.

     “Taeo-ya tell me when it hurts okay?” I ask him. “Sure pweety doctor” he said cutely and I smiled and ruffled his hair. I then touch and pressed every part of his left knee and I try to bend his knee but he didn’t complain. “Does it hurt?” I ask him. “No pweety doctor” he said. Then, I led him back to his chair and I took my seat.

    “I think it’s already healed well. But, I suggest Taeo to have an x-ray just to be safe.” I said.

     “Okay. When will Taeo has his x-ray?” Taeo’s uncle asked. “You can have it anytime and at any hospital you want. But if you like to have it here, just ask the receptionist, they’ll help you.” I replied.

     “Okay. Can we leave now?” he asked. “Sure, Bye Taeo.” I said while smiled at Taeo. “Bye pweety doctor” Taeo said sweetly. I can heard Taeo’s uncle said thank you then leave.

     “I’m glad that’s over.” I said to myself when my oh-so-patient stomach grumble with all it’s might. “Okay okay, I’ll feed you, you monster.” I said and take my bags to leave cause it’s friday and I don’t have any schedule left.

     “Minzy-ah let’s have dinner together.. I’m starviiinggg” I said childishly. “Aisht eonni you’re so childish. But sorry I can’t eonni my shift won’t end until 09.00 PM.” She said. I check my watch, it’s still 06.00 PM and I’m starvinggg. “Well, I guess I’ll just eat alone then” I said while pretending to be sad. “Just ask Donghae to accompany you. I’m sure he’ll say yes in a heartbeat.” Minzy said playfully. “Uggh, I rather die than to eat with that retard. I’ll just get going then, Bye.. Stay safe okay.” I said. “Okay, bye Eonni” Minzy replied as I strolled through the hospital lobby.

     But my step stopped when I heard someone shout “Uncle Ji! It’s pweety doctor.” My head shot to the direction where the voice comes from. Oh, it’s Taeo and his uncle. They’re standing in front of the cafetaria where Taeo is his ice cream and his uncle doing the same thing to his ice cream. ‘Oh my God that’s so cute.’ I nearly take a shot of them eating their ice-cream. Then Taeo runs to me with his uncle cooly following him from behind.

 

Jiyong POV

 

     “Uncle Ji! It’s pweety doctor” I heard Taeo said and my eyes found the ‘pweety doctor’ Taeo was talking about. And before i knew it, Taeo’s already running himself to the doctor, I followed him.

     “Pweety doctor! Pweety doctor! I’m hurt!” my head shots to Taeo when he said he’s hurt but before I could talk, the doctor already kneeing and examine Taeo from head to toe.

     “Where does it hurt Taeo-yah?” I heard her asked with concern in her voice. “In here pweety doctor” he said while pointing at his chest where his heart is “cause I won’t see you anymore.” He said sadly. I rolled my eyes and look at Taeo with deadpanned face. ‘God this kid is too spoiled. Oh right, I’m the one who spoiled him’ I thought.

     Then I heard the doctor’s laughter. ‘It’s a beautiful laughter’ i thought to myself but quickly wipe that thought.

     “Pweety doctor, do you want ice cream?” Taeo asked as he step forward and hand the ice cream up to the doctor’s face since she’s still kneeing. And before the doctor could replied, the ice cream drop from it’s cone and fell to the doctor’s dress. I want to laugh at the doctor’s expression. Her face is like a thunder struck through her body, but she quickly control he face and smile. ‘What? She still can smile after that? I think her heart is made of gold’ I chuckled. But I still feel guilty though.

     “I’m sorry Taeo is a bit clumsy. We are going to have a dinner. Would you like to come? Consider it as an apology from us.” I said politely as she trying to wipe the stain out of her dress but failed leaving her peach dress with a chocolate stain.

     “I’m sorry pweety doctor.. I’ve been a bad boy” Taeo said while crying..’ what the fck.. this is so hilarious.’  I patheticaly suppresed my laughter.

     “It’s okay you don’t have to. Oh Taeo it’s okay don’t cry, I’m fine okay?” she said while hugging Taeo as he calms down. “Please, I insist, we’ve already caused you much trouble” I said. “Please pweety doctor come with us” Taeo beg. When I see her face, I know she’ll turn us down once again, but a certain voice shout behind me “Wait Dara, I’ll drop you home. I brought my brand new car. You want to see it, don’t you?” a guy said with a smug tone as he approach us.

     From the looks of it I know that he’s a doctor by his white coat. ‘God, this guy’s a d*ck’ I thought to myself. “It’s okay Donghae, I can manage by myself” she said trying to be polite but I can hear disinterested in her voice. ‘Ooh, the girl doesn’t like you, back off dude..’

     “Please, I insist Dara, you have to see my car, I promise you, you’ll never regret it.” He said as he pull the doctor’s arm but the doctor stay put and refuse being pulled. “God, he’s a jerk. Can’t he hear what the girl wants?” I want to speak my mind so badly but Taeo beats me to it.

     “Hey evil doctor! Stop pulling my pweety doctor, she’s coming with us! Do you know what manner means? Pweety doctor doesn’t even wants to go with you! Shoo...” all of us were shocked by Taeo sudden outburst but I’m not complaining. ‘Oh Taeo, uncle Ji is so proud of you. I’ve taught you well’

     “Who are they Dara?” the guy asked with a mix of confusion and annoyance in his voice.  “Uhmm, this kid here is my patient, and they’re taking me to a dinner. Right?” she asked while eyeing me with desperation in her eyes asking me to play along with her and to get her out of that situation.

     “Yeah right, Taeo here spills his ice cream at her dress, and the dinner is sort of an apology.” I said casually. “Well then, I guess you’ll see my car tomorrow then. Believe me, you’ll be amazed Dara.” The guy said again with a smug tone and walk away.

     “Well, since I’ve saved your from that idiot, we’re even I guest, so I don’t need to bring you to dinner right?” I said boastfully. “Yeah right. Thanks, I’ll get going. Bye Taeo” she really is annoyed judging by her expression but she still giving her sweet smile at Taeo.

     When she was about to take her leave, suddenly Taeo cried and whined like there’s an apocalypse coming to swallow the world. ‘God this kid’s really takes after his mother.’ “What happen Taeo-yah?” I ask him.

     “I want to eat with pweety doctor.. pleasee.. I want to eat with her..” He whined while trying to stifle his cries. I personally want to laugh but I feel bad for the kid so I look at the doctor “Let’s just have dinner together.” I said. Seeing Taeo crying really made her feel bad I guest since she agreed to come with us.

     The three of us really looks like one happy family walking to spread happiness all over Seoul as we walk to the hospital’s parking lot where I parked my black lambo. ‘God, I can’t wait to see her expression’ kekeke I’m imitating an evil laugh right now in my brain. Gosh, I’ve never been this excited since High School Musical era ends, which means Kwon Dami’s reign of Television is over. I remembered the years when that movie is released, our house always full of my noona’s stupid singing, and to top it all of, her english is a crap. God, my childhood...

     Back to the parking lot, we’re nearing the lambo and I sneak a glance at her. I think she’s thinking about something, I really don’t care. And we arrived in front of my car. “This is it.” I said then she slow motionly look at me then turn her eyes to my car.

5...4...3...2...1...

     Boom!!! Her face is fckn priceless. It was like amazement at first, then curiousity then I guest realization struck at her and her face mimicked a soul-less person. She started to fidget with the hem of her dress. Hmm, cute.

     “Let’s go” I said trying to be as casual as possible. “Oh, right” she said as she climbed to the front seat beside mine like a robot as I pulled Taeo’s seatbelt for him at the back sit. Then, I sit at the driver seat and I step on the gas.

     The whole ride to the restaurant is silent except for Taeo’s singing. I sneak a glance at her, she really dislike this situation judging by her robot-like pose. She never move an inch, the only thing that’s moving is her shoulder as she breathes. Her back doesn’t even touch the car seat. ‘God, she looks so cute’ I thought to myself.

     “I’m right when I say I’ve seen you before, am I?” I said deciding to end the ‘I’m-not-the- one-who-almost-got-strucked-by-your-car-this-morning’ theather act that she’s playing.

     “I don’t know what you’re talking about” She said stonily. ‘Pfft, I want to laugh out loud.’

     “Drop the act woman, I know you’re the stupid girl who almost got strucked by my car.” I said while smirking. I can see that her annoyance level are higher than my grandpa’s cholesterol.

     “So what? I’m fine, your car’s fine. No need to talk about it.” Again she said coldly.

      “Well I want to, and you can’t say nothing about it.” I know my reply is a bit childish. But I’m not backing off. I take a glance at her, and she just gives me a deadpanned face.

 

Dara POV

     So I decided to have a dinner with them, and turns out it was the worst idea ever. Guess what? This guy here is the driver of the car I almost got strucked with. Hmm, exciting? BEEPP!!! you’re wrong. The whole ride is silent when he decided to drop the act and tease me. He’s so childish for God’s sake. I can’t even seat comfortably since my stomach here won’t stop demonstrating. Gosh, how could this day gone any worst? We’ve been driving for God knows how long and we have’nt arrive yet.

    “Where do we eat exactly? Why is it took so long to get there?” I asked trying to hide my annoyance but failed.

    “Relax, we’ll be there in a minute. You’re so impatient.” He said lazily

     “What? I”m impatient? Well I dont fckin..” I sneak a glance at Taeo but luckily he’s asleep “Well i don’t effin’ care, cause I’m starving and I haven’t eat this day cause I’m late and almost got strucked by a car that’s supposed to be YOURS, and I have to deal with your crap too. So step on the gas or I’ll swear I’ll break your bones” I half screamed at the guy. I'm actually a patient person, but I guess my period is coming up and my hunger over food didn't help either. I feel a bit sorry for him, but I don’t care, my stomach’s well- being is more important right now.

     “Geez, relax woman we’re here. At least your screaming woke Taeo up. Come on Taeo we’re here” he replied again lazily as if he don’t care. I look at Taeo and true he’s awake but he’s laughing as if my dramatic screaming is his daily cartoon. I look back at the jerk and he was smirking. ‘What?’ I’m fuming right now. I got off the car followed by them and we enter the restaurant.

    ‘Wait, I know this restaurant. This is where my friends and I used to eat. But since it took a long time to drove here from the hospital, we rarely come here again. They serve the most delicious chinese food, and it’s perfect for my tummy right now.’

     We took our seats with me seating in front of that jerk and Taeo sitting beside me. Then, the waitress come and give us the menu. But I don’t need one cause I know what I’m going to eat. My dear dear oh so delicious Jjampong. The Jjampong here is so delicious, you’ll cry. Literally. Cause it’s so spicy, I like it

     “I’ll have Jjampong” I said politely to the waitress as she scribbled my order.

     “No, we’ll all have Jjajangmyeon, make it three.” I hear the devil speaks. The waitress quickly scratch my previous order and scribbled the new one. My head shots to the devil.

     “No, I’ll have a Jjampong and you two can have your Jjajangmyeon.” I said while smiling. I can see that the waitress is getting confuse with us.

     “You haven’t eaten all day, and you want to eat something spicy? God, who’s really the doctor here?” he said with a deadpanned face.

     He’s right but I’m not backing down. “Are you questioning my job?” I raised my voice and I can see Taeo clapping his hands enjoying my bantering with the jerk.

     “Well, no. I’m just saying that you shouldn’t have spicy food with your stomach empty. But if you think like that..” he purposely leaves his sentence hanging and  that makes me more upset.

    “You son of a...” before I finished my sentence he cut me off. “Look, I know you’re starving so just order a jjajangmyeon. The faster you order the faster you can eat. You screaming like a mad woman here won’t help.” He said cooly

     ‘Okay this guy got a point.’ “Fine, three jjajangmyeon please. And please put a poison for this jerk’s jjajangmyeon. You’ll help the environment” I said politely to the waitress and she quickly scampered away.

     “You’re amusing” he said to me with a smirk.

     “Yeah? Well you’re annoying” I replied

     “Annoying person can’t be this handsome”

      “What? Yeah right and I’m married to a unicorn” I rolled my eyes.

      “Why would you marry a unicorn if you have a guy like me?” he smugly said

     “God, you’re hopeless.”

      Finally the food came and we’re silently eat our food except for Taeo of course. He keeps saying that he loves the jjajangmyeon more than his parents, and I think the jerk took a video of it while laughing so loud. I can’t help but to grin.

     After the dinner, we go back to the car. The jerk start the engine and ask me “Where is the direction to your house doc?”. “Call me Dara” I said and explain the route to my apartment. When we arrived, I got off the car and say my goodbye.

    “Bye Taeo, Thankyou Jiyong-shi” I said

     “Pfft, drop the formality” he said.

     “Fine, I’m going in” I rolled my eyes and enter my apartment lobby.

 

Jiyong POV

     That girl is something. I dropped Taeo at my sister’s house and I proceed to mine. It was 09.00 PM when I arrived and I’m tired. Suddenly someone called me and without seeing who it is, I answers the phone.

    “What?” I asked

     “Yah, Jiyong-ah where are you, get your as* over here.” It’s Youngbae.

     I completely forgot about the hang-out. “Relax. I’m on my way.” I said and once again leave my house.

    I arrived at the ’+82’ club and went to the VIP lounge. When I got in, I can see Youngbae and Seungri is bickering about something stupid I bet. “What are they bickering about?” I asked as I lazily snatched Daesung’s drink and seat.

     “Women. Youngbae doesn’t want Seungri to bring his ‘girl’friends.” Top hyung said. I rolled my eyes at them.

     “Come on hyung, they’re not my playmates, they’re literally my friends for life. They don’t do ‘cheap stuff’, I even beg them to come” Seungri said begging.

     “Ughh.. Fine” Youngbae said. Seungri grinned and contact his friends.

     “Just come.. please.. this is your chance to go to a club.” Seungri said “yes.. I’ll be waiting for you.” He said ang hung up. “I’m going outside hyung.” Seungri said excitedly and left.

     “What’s with him? I never see him like this.” I asked

      “ It’s his childhood friend. Apparently this childhood friend of him move to America when she was a kid, and she moved back here last week.” Daesung explained.

      A couple of minutes later, Seungri came back bringing two girls with her. I can tell that they’re not made for nightlife. But they dressed well though.

     “Hyungs, this is my childhood friend  Park Bom, and this is her friend Lee Chaerin” he introduced them and we introduce our name one by one. After we get to know each other, they’re really friendly and can get along basically with anyone.

     I found out that Bom is older than me and Chaerin is younger than me, I don’t even know how Seungri befriend them. They’re so nice but I can see that they have their fierce side. “So, what did you girls do for living?” I asked.

     “Uhm, I’m a model but I also runs ‘Park Telecommunication’ since my father already retired.” Bom said shyly. ‘What? She owns ‘Park Telecommunication’?” I was shocked and I can see others except Seungri’s eyes are bulging out of they’re socket. The Parks literally owns the signals all over Korea.

     “And what’s your job Chaerin. Don’t tell me you run the ‘Lee Department Stores?’” Daesung asked jokingly.

     “Well.. actually.. yes.” She said, and Top spits out his drink while Daesung’s laugh volume began to decreased. ‘How the hell Seungri friended this kind of girls? I want to give him two thumbs up.’ Lee Department Stores really define what fashion and business should be like. Oh Dami noona would surely happy knowing me friended this kind of girls.

     Well I’m not being smug or something but my friends here, they’re really succesful. Top hyung, he runs the ‘Choi Export Import Company’ while Taeyang here, he inherited his uncle entertainment agency ‘YG Entertainment’, cause he really into music. Daesung who is a lawyer, inherited his father law firm which is Korea's no.1. And lastly Seungri. Well I don’t know what he’s been up to these days, but soon he’ll inherited his father’s bank ‘V.I’. Our group here literally made of golds, I don't even know how we get closed to each other and adding these girls, would surely flip the whole nation. Can you imagine? basically we own the whole Korea, and I'm being humble here.

     “Bom noona, I thought you’d bring two friends with you?” Seungri asked.

     “Oh yeah, I almost forgot let me call her. But I don’t think she’ll come though.” Bom said and take her phones from her bag and call her friend.

     “Yah, why isn’t she picking up? I’m so gonna ripped her pretty face of her. Just because you’re a doctor, you think you can ignore my calls?” I heard Bom said annoyed. We all chuckled. ‘Hmm. A doctor? I know one that really stupid.’ I thought with a grin plastered to my face as I remembered Dara.

      “Yah Dara where are you?” Bom voiced rang through the room. ‘What? Dara? The stupid Dara? that's weird. Maybe she’s different.’ I thought.

     “Sandara Park get your as* over here or else I’ll break through your apartment and drag your sorry as* here myself.” Chaerin said as she snatched the phone from Bom. ‘Okay... it’s the same Dara. Gosh, what a small world. It would be interesting if she comes’

    “I don’t care. Just come here. We never catch up since I came back to Korea.” Bom said as they turn the loud speaker mode on.

     “You don’t care about the poor children’s well being at Africa? We can still catch up some other time.” she said. ‘Okay, why does it have to do with the children at Africa?’

     “Fine. Get your beauty sleep and make sure to look good tomorrow. We’ll see you at the charity.” Chaerin said and I’m curious about the charity they’re talking about. But before I ask them, Seungri beats me to it.

     “Noona, what charity are you talking about?” Seungri asked.

     “Oh, it’s the charity that raises funds to help children at Africa. Dara bust her as*-off trying to help those children and luckily the government can make this charity work. Were all of you got the invitation? They invited all of the large companies to urge them to donate.” Bom said.

     “You should come. It would be fun.” Chaerin added.

     “I’m in as long as you girls coming.Wow, this Dara noona surely is amazing.” Seungri said

     “Of course.. and we’re planning to donate or else Dara would fork us and burn us alive.” Chaerin said

     “Yeah, I guess I can come, that surely sounds fun.” Youngbae said followed by Top and Daesung agreeing to come.

       “You’re coming right hyung?” Seungri asked me.

       “Sure, why not? I want to see your friend, the great Dara in flesh.” I said.

       “Yeah noona, I’m curious about your friend too.” Seungri butted in.

        “You’ll love her. She’s pretty and smart and she’s a doctor too, even though she can easily inherited her father’s mining company. Tsch, but what can I do, the girl’s ought to save the world.” Bom said. I’m really impressed with Dara. ‘Uhmm.. it’s getting more interesting’

        And the night continues with us talking about our business and other stuff. And shockingly, Seungri and Top hyung has found their bickering match. Top hyung with Bom noona, and Seungri with Chaerin. And without us knowing, it’s already midnight and we decide to end our hangout and bid our good bye to one another.

 

 

 

 

Well, there goes chapter 2. I know it's longer than the first one, but that's not a bad thing right? As you can see, I'm not the type to give you a cliff-hanger, cause I know the feeling.. hikshikshiks.. but I think I'll use it when the story gets more deeper. Anyway, daragon's number two meeting is coming up, kekeke. Oh right, I'm still thinking about who should I put as the antagonist. Any suggestions? sassyserene