Chapter 5: Beautiful Goodbye

Soldier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Five

 

NAEUN

 

I hugged my arms and sat down at the place Taemin and I used to meet. It was a bit chilly so I wore two layers of sweater but I still feel cold. I checked my phone, I arrived 10 minutes before our meeting time. I still have  a lot of time to think about what I will say to him. 

 

I can't believe that today is gonna be the day that I have to confront our past. Am I ready to hear his answers now? I observe  the people around me. They are lucky to have a normal and simple life. I wonder what is my life gonna be if I didn't become an Idol? Am I gonna be an Engineer like my parents wanted? Or an Architect? Or maybe I pursue my childhood dream of being a nurse. But I knew that If I didn't become an idol, I wouldn't be able to meet Chorong-unnie and the other members. I won't be gifted with so much love from our fans. And I won't be able to meet and fall in love with Taemin-oppa.

 

Taemin-oppa is my first in everything. And I know that I'm his too. Even if I'm not his first girlfriend, but I know that I'm the first girl he ever introduced to his parents. And I'm contented with that. I combed my hair with my hand stare at the promise ring he gave me 3 weeks before we broke up. I'm planning to return it to him... I stare at it a little longer.... I know Taemin-oppa really loved me. Kai always tell me that. Suho-oppa always tell me that. Even Key-oppa and Jinki-oppa say that. Even so, why did he leave me?I hug myself tighter because the getting more colder now. I felt something fell on my shoulders so I looked up knowing that he is here already.. 

 

It was his Jacket. He smiled at me and then he sat beside me. "It is cold tonight. You should have wear thicker jacket"  His voice hasn't change. Still warm and soothing.

 

I didn't say anything and continue staring at him, I don't know when was the last time I was able to look at him like this. True to what everyone said, He has become more handsome. I wasn't able to stare at him when we first met at the restaurant last time so I wasn't able to notice his tired eyes. He looks stressed and sad. And I know that I'm one of the reasons.

 

He smiled at me again. "Naeun-ah, I know that It took you a lot of courage to meet me here and listen to my explanations, And I'm really thankful for this." 

 

I just nodded waiting for him to continue..

 

He shifted his position to sit in front me. He looks at me in the eye and then looks at where my hands are... He held them and I didn't complain or take my hands back. I look at our hands intertwined. I missed this too. I miss his warmth. I miss holding his hands. But I know that after this night, We have to let go of each other again. Just imagining this is making my heart hurt so bad.He shifted his position to sit infront me. He looks at me in the eye and then looks at where my hands are... He held them and I didn't complain or take my hands back. I look at our hands intertwined. I missed this too. I miss his warmth. I miss holding his hands. But I know that after this night, We have to let go of each other again. Just imagining this is making my heart hurt so bad.

 

"First of all, I want you to know how sorry I am. I know that It's my fault everything has become like this. But I don't really regret my decision......"

 

I nodded even if I'm already annoyed that he doesn't regret leaving me at all. So much for apologizing huh.

 

"It was for your own good Naeun-ah. I swear I know--" That did it. I let go of his hands and glare at him 

"You don't know anything, Oppa. You don't know much I've gone through because of what happened! " He tried to hold my hands again but I refused. I'm mad at him. 

"I know how you felt Naeun. But believe that I didn't want for this to happen. If I had another choice back then, I wouldn't." 

"Sure Oppa. There could be another choice if you told me everything! But you didn't! You're always the one who controls everything, you don't consult me for anything. You act as if you don't want to depend on me!!!" I know that by now my voice has gotten louder. I used to stay quiet whenever we fought. And it's the first time that I have risen my voice.

 

I prepared to stand up but what he said stop me from doing so.

 

TAEMIN

 

"The company has threatened to kick you out of Apink if we continue dating." I said in small voice. I know that she will get hurt when I said this but I can't let her keep on thinking that I broke up with her out of nothing. She stared at me, bewildered at what I said. But I can't take it back now,  Can I? So I have to tell her everything.

 

"That day, when we're supposed to meet each other"

 

Flashback

It's been three days since the Management knew about the relationship between me and Naeun. Someone reported about us seeing together at a Restaurant and I admitted it immediately. I don't care of what will happen to me, but I won't ever leave Naeun because of other people.

Or so I thought. The moment I heard the CEO of her Management said, I was dumfounded. 

 

"Leave her or she will get kicked out of her group"

I honestly don't know why he's here. and why President Lee Soo Man told him about this when I clearly said that I will handle this myself. 

"Chairman, what are you talking about? Why are you kicking out Naeun from the group?"

"You heard me young man, Naeun is in APINK because the men admired her beauty. And if she will start dating, then I don't need her anymore. So you choose, date her and she will get kicked out or leave her and she will stay"

 

I stared at President LSM but he just nodded at me, I know what he's thinking. He doesn't care of what will happen to our relationship, but he doens't want the good business relationship between Cube and SM to be ruin. All business. I know that arguing with him won't help because Business Men lives by business rules.

 

I don't want to break up with Naeun. Now that our feelings are finally mutual, I don't want to let go of her. 

 

 

But I can't break her dreams too. 

 

Naeun is the only girl I ever loved this much. I have to protect her, and her dreams. Even if i have to cut everything between us. I would.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter