Chapter 4: Eyes Nose Lips

Soldier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Four

TAEMIN

 

It's been hours since I sent that message to Naeun and until now I haven't got any reply. Today was also a free day since last week was full of schedules. Lying on my bed I kept waiting for her reply.... One two....three.......... I keep staring at my phone wishing for her name to appear. 

 

I laughed at myself for being such a teenage boy in love. Well, I've always been like this when it comes to her. I remember when we are still in WGM, that was the time I secretly habor feelings for her. Our first meeting isn't always as romantic as everyone has watched, it wasn't a romantic date at Jeju. Our first meeting was when we were casted as a couple in MBC Building.  I was late because our car was caught in a really bad traffic. I knew that it would be bad for my image to the staffs so I literally ran from the car to the meeting room. I accidentally bumped into a staff holding a coffee and it was spilled on my clothes. But since I was late, I just apologized and ran again. I was 20 minutes late when I arrived at the room. A staff pointed to a chair at the middle so I said my apologies for being late and sat at my chair. I didn't even get a chance to look at the person beside me. 

"Excuse me...." 

 

That was the first words Naeun has ever told to me. At that moment, I don't know her personally so I just smiled politely at her. However, I was surprised when she gave me a wet wipes. I looked at the wet wipes and then at her. She pointed at my shirt that was now ruin because of the spilled coffee. I was shocked at how my shirt looked like.But then, I forgot about it again when she smiled at me. Just at me. That's the first time she smiled at me. And at that moment, I started believing that Angels could exist.

 

Naeun is an Angel. Not just in appearance but in heart too. I remember when we were filming for WGM, It was cold that day and everyone is freezing including Me and Her. Naeun ordered coffee for everyone because she said she was sorry for making everyone stay up late. She was generous to everyone even to stray dogs we saw in our dates. That's how angelic Son Naeun is. 

 

As I remember our old days together, I plugged in my earphones and put my playlist on shuffle. But It's like destiny's playing on me when suddenly Eric Nam's english version of Eyes Nose Lips played.

// Please listen to it while reading ;; Video below //

I have always liked this song. It's too emotional and yeah, I can totally relate to it. I hug the bear Naeun gave me and sing along to the lyrics.

 

Tell me is it really hard to see,

That you make it so hard on me.

 

Naeun-ah, Is it really hard to see that I regret everything. That I regret leaving you alone? That I regret being too stupid to ruin what we have? That I regret breaking your trust and heart? That day that I said those things to you, Did it ever occur to you that I never really meant that.... that all of it, I never meant that? I was supposed to protect you. But I got you hurt instead. 

 

Go ahead and sting me with your lips,

cause you're just about to kill me.

Won't you set me free?

Naeun was never the one to initiate our kiss, but I remember the day that I decided to break up with her. She hugged me so tight and kissed my lips. She kept on begging not to leave her. She kept on asking what she did wrong. That broke my heart, so damn much. I asked you to let go of me, to set me free......but you didn't.  You held me in your arms, saying that you would be better girlfriend....that you would do everything.

But give me one more glance as you walk away

Smile like everything gonna be okay..

 

I told you I've fallen out of love. You froze and eventually let go of me... You even tried to smile at me, but your tears kept on falling. You walked away from me. You don't know how I tried to control myself so much just to not run after you.... just not to hug you and take back everything I said. But I didn't because you are more important to me. You're the most important thing to me in this world... Naeun ah. Do you still know that, do you still know how much I love you?

 

When I'm needing you again

I'll see you in my head

I'll remember as if everything's always just the same

 

You never left my heart and mind, Naeun ah. From the day I laid my eyes on you to the day we became a couple and had our first kiss to the day we broke up.......until today and tomorrow, and the day after tomorrow, I never stopped loving you. The first months without is like going through hell.... I remember going to random clubs with Kai just to get drunk and forget the loneliness and emptiness I feel inside. Yeah, that's how Dispatch caught us partying....It was not because I was there to have fun. I was there to get drunk....get drunk and hallucinate that I still have you with me. That I still have you in my arms.

 

I know that I've been cruel in my selfish way,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter