05. Bitter-sweet 02

***Beautiful***
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hellooooooo everybody *Waving joyfully*

Sorry I didn't update for like 236589754158365 years ! Well I am so so so busy with a lot of assignments and all. Anyway I quickly typed the second part (more like brushed up what I have half-written in my drafts). so here it is.

I have to clarify something because I changed some facts in the story.

1. Luhan and Sehun are NOT CHILDHOOD FRIENDS. They met in high school and started dating when they were in college. So their total time together is like 05 years, three years in high school and two years in college. They dated for 02 years.

2. It's been 05-06 YEARS since they broke up.

3. Luhan is currently 26 years old not 30 (Duh, I know lol but I mean in the story haha) and Sehun also 26 years old. 

My advice is don't look into these details because it confuses me so it will do you. the thing is you have to understand is that HunHan were dating back in college and they seperated and now Sehun is back and he finds Luhan married. ( four children yes, another story for another day.)

 

 

Sehun traced his finger on the surface of the picture he had on his desk. In the picture his best friend slash boyfriend grinning brightly to the camera with him kissing his cheek. It was a candid photo but Sehun really didn’t care. His boyfriend Luhan was his everything he ever asked for.

He still smiled for the memory of him meeting Luhan. It was the sophomore year of the high school and Luhan was the Chinese transfer student who was all smiley and bouncy with his sparkling doe eyes shining brightly. Sehun wasn’t much of a social butterfly to welcome new people to his life with open arms but when the teacher made Luhan his seat mate, it was bit difficult for Sehun to ignore the existence of this fluff ball. And it was harder and harder with every passing day when Luhan was nothing but a total sweetheart no matter how cold Sehun pretended to be.  He soon gave up maintaining a cold facade because Luhan’s warmth was too warm for his ice. It was easier than he thought when Luhan self-proclaimed to be his best friend.

That was the beginning of their friendship. They did every single thing together, growing up together through the high school, joined by hips, inseparable. Soon they were in the same college, because this pair was the genius combination the high school ever had, beating every exam with flying colours.  Sehun asked him to be his boyfriend in one night when they were cuddling in the couch in Sehun’s apartment (just because Luhan came to sleepover), watching a movie, while Luhan was whining about the hard college life. It was out of the blue but so sincere because Sehun knew very well that Luhan is the one for him. They were a match made in heaven. And Luhan who joyfully jumped to Sehun’s lap, knocking out the pop-corn bawl kissed Sehun full on mouth with a cheerful yes.

After graduation from college, they had planned to attend the same university, SNU at that, to continue studying. They were going to see around SNU today to find part time jobs and such.

 

Sehun ran off to open the door as the bell rang knowing that it’s his boyfriend. He was there, Luhan, standing on a firm spot. But unlike any other day he didn’t smile his beautiful smile, he didn’t throw himself to Sehun’s arms, he didn’t kiss Sehun.

His eyes were not shining. They were there with a misty darkness. His face was expressionless. His lips never smiled.

Sehun had dreams of spending the rest of his life with Luhan.

But Luhan didn’t say anything as he placed his ring on Sehun’s palm.

“We are over”

He stabbed Sehun’s heart with his cold words. But there was no reason.

He never explained, no matter how much Sehun pleaded him. He cried at Luhan’s feet, asking him why. But Luhan was the coldest in front of Sehun’s tears, only giving him an evil aura and rude words of rejection. It was shocking how stoned Luhan was. Sehun couldn’t believe that it’s the same gentle and sweet Luhan he fell in love with.

But then Luhan moved out leaving no trace. Sehun spent months grieving on his broken heart.

 

It took years to heal his heart.

But he could never forget Luhan. They say there’s a thin line between love and hate. And Sehun knew it was the case.

He had to move away from Seoul. He started his life all over in USA, studying and then working in business field climbing the ladder. But he didn’t trust anyone else ever again. He couldn’t bring himself to love a total stranger after the person he knew for twelve years of his life betrayed him without a word. He limited his life to one night stands but it was when he only got wasted in a club which rarely happened.

After another five years when he finally thought he gathered the bit and pieces of his life, he returned to Seoul giving into his parents’ pleas of moving back, gaining a post as the vice president of finance and marketing in a prestigious company.

But the wall he built around himself cracked a tiny bit when his eyes fell on the head of department of finance and marketing, the very person who played with his heart, who pushed him over a cliff, who ruined his happiness.

Luhan had changed over the twelve years, he was taller and little built. But they were the same sparkly eyes, the same soft smile and same gentle voice.

Sehun had learnt to care less. His anger clouded his mind back. Avenging seemed to be sweet.

The ring in Luhan’s finger silently told Sehun that he is married. Sehun didn’t want to know anything else. His rage rose knowing well that while he was trying to glue his life back Luhan was just living his life happily married.

Avenging was indeed sweet.

 

 

 

Sehun stares at Luhan’s pale form on the hospital bed. He looks so fragile and little like that.He rubs his temples mentally blaming himself for over working Luhan. Sehun knows it’s partially his fault that he didn’t pay attention to his worker. It doesn’t make him feel any better because he knows that all he did was biting Luhan’s neck off at given chance for what Luhan did, leaving him in grief.

Sehun rubs his face tiredly as he sits on a chair next to Luhan’s bed. His phone buzzes with a text. Sehun checks his phone and sees that his secretary has sent him Luhan’s personnel details including whom they should inform in case of emergency. He sighs, standing up. He has to inform Luhan’s family about him being hospitalized. It is bitter on his tongue but as his superior, it’s Sehun’s responsibility.

He dials the number under the name Miss Jung, stepping out of the hospital room. Miss Jung? Who could be this? Why was it not Mrs. Lu? Sehun questions in his mind. But to his dismay whoever that Miss Jung is, doesn’t answer. Putting his phone back to his pocket Sehun contemplates a moment. He should get back to his company but he really can’t leave Luhan alone here.

It surprises himself why he is reluctant to leave but he convinces himself it is solely because of their professional relationship, nothing else. He hates Luhan. Yes he does.

But still he has the responsibility more than enough for being the one who pushed Luhan to the state he is now.

He walks into the room and sits on the chair, eyes never leaving Luhan.

 

 

Sehun sighs as he steps in front of the door which is supposed to be the main door to Lu Han’s apartment. After trying dozens of times to reach this so called Miss Jung, Sehun decided to inform whoever it is by personally g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter