Gone (Jimin)

Lonely Nights & New Smells

 

It's kind of become part of my routine, seeing Namjoon in the morning when I'm rushing to eat my breakfast as fast as I sensibly can, but this particular morning he's not there. And that throws me. Which is kind of odd. I pause in the doorway, and stare at the seat in which he usually sits for a moment. It is completely void of a Namjoon but the chair next to it is, surprisingly, occupied by Yoongi which is all kinds of strange considering the early hour. He has a book open on his lap which he actually appears to be reading, whilst his napping buddy, Yerim, is slumped against his legs, asleep as usual and 100% in the way.

“Uh, good morning,” I say to the room, forcing myself not to inquire about the whereabouts of Namjoon, although I'm really curious. Regardless of his schedule, he seems to get up at the same time every day and I would definitely expect him to be in the kitchen today. I step gingerly over Yerim and peer over Yoongi’s shoulder at the book he's reading, which appears to be in French. I file that away somewhere for later examination. Hyosang looks up and chirps a bright greeting as Sooyoung hands me today’s breakfast. Interestingly, Hyosang appears to have the same food as me, but when I give him a questioning look he just shrugs. Perhaps something’s happened to put Sooyoung in a better mood than usual.

I try to focus on eating, but I find myself glancing across at Namjoon’s chair every few seconds until a laugh sounds beside me. I turn my gaze on Hyosang.

“Missing him?” He asks with a smirk. I flush involuntarily and glare at him as the others pick up on our conversation.

“No!” I protest, but the affronted tone of my voice is, irritatingly, less than convincing. He scoffs but goes back to eating and I'm blessed with silence with a few precious seconds until-

“You're starting to like him aren't you?” I dutifully ignore Sooyoung. “Or at least, you don't hate him. I mean, you were sleeping with him the other day.” Wow, I really could have done without her saying that. Hyosang’s head snaps up, eyes wide in shock.

“You slept with him?” He almost shrieks and Yoongi looks up from his book.

“Wow Jimin, that's not like you,” Yoongi drawls, lips curling into an evil smile.

“Oh my god,” I drop my cutlery on my plate, “Sooyoung, that was unfair!” I turn back to the table, “I did not sleep with Namjoon or anyone else for that matter. Just – I fell asleep in the social area like I do and Namjoon joined me and fell asleep on the sofa. We fell asleep we did not sleep together.” Hell no. That's highly unlikely.

“Methinks he doth protest to much,” Yoongi says simply and turns back to his book. Hyosang winks at me. These people are so annoying. Suddenly I don't want to be in their company anymore.

Unlike most days, I don't wait for the others before I leave. I dump my plate in the sink and stalk into my room, emerging a moment later and walking straight out of the door, a careless ‘bye’ thrown over my shoulder. I need to be alone.

 

I forget over the day about Namjoon’s absence but it becomes glaringly obvious in the evening when I come back to what appears to be five people’s worth of washing up. It's Namjoon’s turn today and usually he would have done it by now. Does that mean he's still not here? I poke my head into the dining room then walk out into the hall. I knock gently on his door. Nothing. I try again but I'm met with silence. When I try the handle, it's locked, but then again it usually is. He's not anywhere on the ground floor, or the first floor. I trudge up to the second floor and knock on Hyosang’s door.

“Come in!” He calls and I push it open and slip inside. He's sitting on his bed, playing on his phone but he looks up to greet me. “Oh Jimin, I'm sorry about this morning – that was mean.” He says, looking slightly worried. I shrug, I'd pretty much forgotten.

“Have you seen Namjoon?” I ask instead. His lips twitch but he says nothing, just shakes his head. “Oh,” I respond disappointed. “He didn't come home?”

“Guess not,” he replies, gesturing for me to take a seat on his bed, so I slump down at the end. He nudges me with his toes. “He probably went out.”

“Probably.” I agree, but I feel kind of uneasy. I slide my own phone out of my pocket and open up kakao. I think about asking Seokjin if he's seen Namjoon but that's maybe a little weird so I type a greeting instead. Perhaps he'll mention Namjoon first and then I can ask.

 

To JinnieJinJin

안녕하세요! Hyung, how are you? We haven't spoken in like two days T_T

18.19

 

I keep the app open for a moment, hoping he'll see it soon, but the little ‘1’ that tells me it's unread seems to be taunting me so I lock my phone with a sigh. Namjoon is an adult and also, an adult I don't particularly care for so why exactly am I so bothered. I decide to give up. I don't need to worry about him.

 

But when two days have passed and I've heard from neither Seokjin nor Namjoon, I allow myself to be worried. Seokjin has a habit of going MIA quite frequently so I'm not bothered about that, but there's something weird about it coinciding with Namjoon suddenly going missing. By now I'm not the only one worried. Yoongi, as our landlord, has been trying to contact Namjoon too, with no success. It's definitely weird. In fact, after a long internal debate, Yoongi lets himself into Namjoon’s room briefly with his copy of the key, but there’s, apparently, nothing off about it so he just locks it once again.

Yoongi says to give it one more day.

 


So where did Namjoon go? *waves arms mysteriously* Any theories guys? Haha ~

Until the next time lovelies <3

~ Ally