Extra - Mistakes have been made (Jimin)

Lonely Nights & New Smells

 

warning; foul language ;3


 

It’s barely a week before the inevitable happens; Namjoon manages to wake Yoongi up by tripping over him. As ways to wake people up go, that’s pretty bad anyway. I’m pretty sure I’d be annoyed if I got woken up when someone as tall and long limbed as that tripped and fell on me. It was just kind of unlucky for Namjoon that it happens to be Yoongi he fell on although it totally made my day. I was lucky enough to see the whole thing.

So I’m chilling on my favourite couch in the second floor living room, reading through one of my copious set texts with a highlighter in hand. Yoongi is happily napping on the floor between the coffee table and the sofa, having stolen a cushion from one of the sofas to rest his head on. He looks peaceful, delicate, with his calm face and his blonde fringe falling across his eyes. It’s a lie.

He’s a sleeping lion.

Our idyllic calm is interrupted when someone walks into the doorframe on their way into the room, cursing under their breath. I look up, surprised, to see none other than Namjoon standing in the doorway, glaring intensely at the doorway like it was its fault he’s so freaking clumsy. His expression softens, morphing into one of embarrassment, when he looks up and sees me watching him. He clears his throat and s one of his shirt cuffs, starting to roll up the sleeve a little distractedly.

“You alright there?” I mouth at him, making no effort to keep the amused smile off my face. He looks away and steps further into the room, eyeing the remote on the coffee table.

“Mind if I watch something?” He responds in a stage whisper as he walks further in, brushing my question off, but at least he’s making an effort to be civil. To be honest, he usually does. I just always seem to find myself being rude to him. In my defence he did scare the hell out of me the first time we met. I shrug and turn back to my book; I can tune out whatever he puts on so I don’t particularly mind what he does. “Why are we whispering?” I blink at him for a moment before I realise that he probably can’t see Yoongi sleeping from where he is. It’s quite likely that the table is in the way.

I open my mouth to tell him that Yoongi is napping but he moves faster than I expect. He steps past the table and leans down to swipe up the remote in the same movement, but it doesn’t go anything like he would have intended.

He steps on what I would assume to be Yoongi’s foot, overbalancing immediately and falling out of sight with a startled yelp. Yoongi wakes up as soon as he is stepped on, crying out, voice laced with pain and rather offended at such a rude awakening. He lets out a grunt in sync with Namjoon as the silver haired man lands on top of him.

I find myself standing up automatically, not one to miss out on the potential fun that could come from this. No, that will come from this. And the sight that greets me is a thing of beauty. Yoongi is probably all kinds of livid, but he’s also pinned down by the much taller form of Namjoon. In fact I can’t actually see Yoongi beneath the sprawling mass of limbs and that alone has me giggling like anything.

“What the-?” Comes Yoongi’s muffled voice, and Namjoon hurriedly tries to get up, but his long limbs are working against him in such a small space. “Who the ? Get off!” Namjoon finally makes it onto the sofa after a particularly firm shove from Yoongi’s hands and he scrambles away. Yoongi, when he sits up, looks incredibly pissed. His clothes are rumpled, his hair sticking up in all directions. His eyes are narrowed in irritation and his lips are pressed together in a thin line. “What the are you doing?” He asks, voice flat and annoyed and Namjoon, for his part, looks terrified. Shock plain on his face. He didn’t look anywhere near this intimidated when Seokjin scolded him a week or so ago. Namjoon’s amber eyes meet mine and the look in them is pure panic.

The laughter is getting hard to control now and I clap a hand over my mouth, hoping that Yoongi won’t feel the need to shout at me as well. The man in question stands slowly, looming over Namjoon.

“Don’t ing do that.” He says, each word crisp and punctuated with a hard glare. Then his face softens and he turns and stumbles sleepily out of the living room.

Namjoon stays in place, back pressed up against the couch cushions, facial expression frozen comically for a few seconds after Yoongi has left the room. I let my laughter out now, dropping to the floor, laughing hysterically.

It’s so so good when someone else wakes up Yoongi. He’s always just so angry about it.

“Jimin,” Namjoon says after listening to me laugh for a little while. I look up to see him sitting forward on the couch, hugging himself. “Is this… normal?” I can only laugh harder at the sight of Namjoon – someone who managed to scare me so badly when he first came here – looking so utterly shaken.

“Yes,” I manage to respond, almost tearing up now, “yes, he’s always like this. Welcome to the house.”

 


안녕 lovelies!!!

Hello! I am so so sorry about the hideous lack of updates for both this and it's companion fic, Poor Choices... I don't really know what happened; I don't really know where the time went ^^; But I'm back now <3

And I have planned a loooonggg way ahead so really, the only excuse for missing future updates is procrastination ^^;

I hope you enjoyed this little extra that contributes very little to the storyline lol ;3 I certainly enjoyed writing it <3

Tell me what you think ~