Infinite Falling (2/2)

Infinite High

And I'm barely half-awake

Lillies were bunched around the bushes as Minseok travelled down the forest path. Trees that could be birch, oaks, or red woods, where planted on the outskirts of the dirt lane. Birds chirped, along with the rustling undergrowth that could have been made by squirrels. Minseok extended his arms as he ran down the path, letting the cool forest air run through and around his body. He let his own legs carry him, as he closed his eyes and continued on the straight walk-way. His barefeet touched soft, spongey grass, and that was the call for him to open his relaxed eyelids. He took a deep inhale as the air filled his lungs, he let his eyes scan his surroundings. He was entering a glade, an overly grown glade (He added mentally), and in the middle stood the most beautiful person ever. The person's beauty rivaled with the Greek God, Aphrodite, and any Sirens that came after that. With fluffy light brown hair, with doe-like features that could contort at any second (This was what Minseok loved the most), and a smile that made every heart go on the biggest rollercoaster, Luhan, was what Minseok was describing. He walked closer to the boy standing in the middle of the field, facing the opposite way of Minseok...

"Ack!" Minseok jolted up as his alarm clock blared into his ears. He let his hand roam around the clock to turn it off. Sighing, he turned his body and let his feet land on the carpet, which let his feet sink a bit in the overly long tussles of yarn, or whatever it was made of, tickling his foot's sides. He pushed his body up from the comfy mattress, and padded over to his closet. Picking out an outfit that seemed to fit him the best, he wanted to look his best for Luhan. "Luhan..." Minseok whispered to himself, dreamily, as he slipped his legs in the pants. He knew that today was prom, and he wasn't going to go by himself. Giddily, he skipped out of his room, it was a Saturday, and he had plans on meeting up with Luhan. He was already ready to do whatever. Minseok took his phone and laid down gracefully on the couch. He looked in his contacts to find a name, 'Luhannie~'.' He tapped on the call button, hoping that an automatic, dull voice doesn't ring in his ear. The dialling stopped and someone picked up the phone. 

"Hello?" A soft voice was heard from the other end. 

"Hey, Luhan," Minseok smiled to himself as he spoke. 

"Oh! Hi Minseok.." Luhan paused and let out a breath he didn't know he was holding, "What do you want to do today?"

Minseok sighed to himself, as he also giggled to himself, hoping that Luhan wasn't hearing anything. Today wasn't any other day, it was prom day, and honestly Minseok has never been so excited. "Dunno," Minseok bluntly answered back. 

"Hmm," Luhan hummed, thinking for a bit, trying to know what to do with Minseok. Luhan has had his own mental representation of what he thinks Minseok is...Perfect. Minseok has been floating around in his dreams for awhile. His new found love for Minseok isn't really "new." He loved Minseok for years, as they were childhood friends. They would always ride around their neighborhood, having the best time of their life. Luhan started to understand the feeling of love, and affection around the end of middle school, which was, evidently, where his first crush bloomed. Luhan never was, never is, and never will be bored around Minseok. Even if at times they would say nothing, there was millions of words being said. 

"I'll see you later." Luhan hung up.

Just waiting on the ground

Minseok entered his car, not in a fancy limo, not in a pack of his friends, just in a small chevrolet that was once his father's. He was all spiffy, with a black tie that matched with his black suit. He didn't try to find a new suit, he only wore his olds ones. Minseok never thought he would go to the prom. Humming on his way to the school, he was delighted to see that there was at least one more parking spot that perfectly fit his car. He pratically leaped out of his car if only on his left side he had a car next to him. Minseok didn't get a call or text from Luhan saying where he'd be, so he trusted himself that Luhan would be waiting there at the punch. Just like a cliché highschool movie, and if that did happened, he wouldn't change it for a world. He opened the doors, (well just walked in just in time the door closed from another couple) and scanned the gym floor. Luhan..Luhan..Luhan..where is Luhan? His mind raced as he looked more frantically, he wasn't just about to get stood up.

Running late, I'm running late, I hope Minseok is too. Luhan rushed his way out of the door, fixing his tie as he walked into his car. Unlocking the door, he drove off to the school, trying his best to get there as fast as he could without breaking laws. When he pulled into the parking lot of the crowded school, he sighed as a car left a spot for him. Wonder why they're leaving? Luhan's thought barely stayed for a second as he got out of the car, and ran to the entrance of the building. He might've ripped his suit, crinkled his pant legs, unfastened his tie, but he didn't and even if he did, he wouldn't have cared. Luhan bursted in the door, startling a few couples standing around. He turned his head left and right, up and down, to find Minseok. 

Minseok was standing around the outskirts of the "dance floor" if you could call the basketball court a dance floor. He tapped his foot, impatiently, looking for Luhan to magically appear. When he was about to turn around and leave, Luhan appeared before him. With a lovely look on his face, Luhan let his hand out and asked, "May I take this dance with you?" Minseok nodded and took Luhan's hand.

"Yes, yes you may," Minseok smiled over to Luhan. The song wasn't exactly slow, so they danced to whatever they felt what worked out best. Twerking here, dabbing there, maybe even shuffling, hell any dance moves that were trending 20 years back was what they'd dance like. It wasn't romantic, but it wasn't meaningless. To know that the two could act however with each other near obviously meant something. When prom was at it's last minutes, a slow song came. Minseok and Luhan already heaving as they downed two cups of punch decided that they might as well make their time worth it. 

With Luhan's hand on Minseok's hips, and Minseok's hands on Luhan's shoulders, they enjoyed their dance. It wasn't very extravagant as their others, with Luhan stepping on Minseok's shoes, or Minseok tripping on a step. Less than graceful feet, the slow song went to a part where all other instruments stopped, and only the piano was being played. Luhan brung Minseok closer, and pressed his lips against the other.

For the hourglass to break

And boy did the hourglass break.

 

 

♦a/n idk how to be a writer anymore♦