Infinite High (1/2)

Infinite High

Keeping busy wasting time

With a slam of his book, Minseok scooted his chair out, and stood up. Everyone was dismissing, and he only wanted to see one man. Luhan. Luhan was the man of his dreams, and he hoped that they could develop their friendship of theirs. Walking down the hallway with a giddy gait, he entered the courtyard to see a familiar face of his. Happily, he let himself sit next to the bench of Luhan. Both of them not saying a thing, just staring at a tree of somesort. Luhan always thought it was a Magnolia, but Minseok knew it was too small to be one. Luhan let out a relaxed sighed and let his arm wrap around Minseok's shoulders. This moment, this very moment, Minseok savored moments like this. Where Luhan would show affection, not because Minseok did something, or asked for it, but because he could. It  felt like cherry blossom surrounding him on a lovely meadow, where Spring has just began to bloom, where the flowers started to bud their little beautiful pink, where the dewy grass calmed his nerves, where he was happy...So very happy.

"How was class?" Luhan's soothing angelic voice rang through his ears, making Minseok jerk out of his charming day-dream. Minseok could listen to his winsomeful voice, with his exquisite facial features complimenting it all. "Minseok?~" Luhan cooed, letting his hand file through Minseok's fading pink hair. 

"Oh, yeah, class was alright. It was boring without you though," Minseok smiled softly over to Luhan, who returned the smile back with another one.

"I bet it was," Luhan commented, jokingly, laughing afterwards. Minseok loved Luhan's laugh, it is candy to his ears. He wished he could drown in that sound forever. 

Minseok meekly nodded as he laid his head on the shoulder of Luhan, sighing, he hugged his waist, pulling them both in a weak embraced. People could say that they were already dating, but no matter how much Minseok wanted to date, he knew that it was all just platonic. He knew they were both aware of the actions that could have people mistake them as a homoual couple, but it wasn't, no matter how strange they could act together. Stares were given to them, not exactly "friendly" either, but Minseok could care less. He didn't care for what people think of them, he doesn't, and he never will. They stayed in their embrace for a few silent and breathless minutes as neither wanted to move. Them awkwardly hugging each other on the bench, them interlocking hands, them rubbing each other's side was just ways they proved their friendship. 

Running on a chemical high

Minseok was home, finally.The day was long, with all of his classes having assigned a mountain of homework that could threaten The Great Wall of China's reputation. He finished it all during his small cafe shop break, with him enjoying the delicacies of french pasteries. He always enjoyed the French-themed shop that was tucked away at the corner of the city. It always gave him a comfortable, and toasty feeling.

Minseok plopped down on the bed with his out-of-shower hair. He patted his hands all over the nightstand to find his phone. He turned it on to only search for Luhan's contact. It was a ritual for the two of them to call each other. It didn't matter who, but they had to have a late at night talk, everynight. The phone rung out a loud buzzing noise until it picked up, a low husky voice answered the other line, and Minseok almost screamed. "Hello Minseok," Luhan plainly said.

"Hey," Minseok replied.

"Just to let you know I really treasure our relationship," Luhan said, with sincerity filling his voice. Minseok knew it was the truth, and he almost choke on nothing. It wasn't like he said 'I love you' but it was the closest he was probably going to get. "And I want to ask you something."

"Mhm?" Minseok tried to keep his calm. His mind racing around thoughts on what Luhan was about to say. It could be anything, it really could-

"Will you go to the dance with me?" Luhan interupted Minseok's thoughts, but Minseok was glad that he did, "I mean you're a great friend, and I understand if you'll say-"

"YES!" Minseok screamed into the phone, it was loud enough that Luhan was sure his eardrums was bleeding. He didn't even get to half of what he wanted to say, but the response he was given showed that what he was going to say would be nothing to change his mind from 'No' to 'Yes.'

"R-really? I-" Luhan hesitated as he in air again to take a deep breath, "I'm really happy that you said yes, you don't even know how I feel right now." Luhan was smiling to no one, and Minseok knew that. 

"I bet I do, because you don't understand the many times I've dreamt about you, to have you as mine, as someone I could love without it being one-sided." Minseok exhaled loudly to splur out his words, "And to know that you feel the same way, well I hope," Minseok kiddishly chuckled before continuing, "Seriously, seriously, means everything." He put emphasis on the word seriously to show that he meant what he said, he honestly did. 

They both hung up with nothing more said, because what was there to be said? 

Minseok fell asleep just like a baby, with no worries, and no regrets. He could die right now and still be happy with his entire life. Well not really, he still has yet to touch those precious plump lips of Luhan. But, that's for later. He tossed on his silky comforter, wrapping in a thick and large blanket. His dreams filled of thoughts of Luhan and him, being together, growing old, staying with each other until the end of time. It felt that way. He knew it would happen.

 

And it never felt so good

 

♦A/N hOOOi!! hope you enjoyed this chapter. I feel like it's really short, but idrk I can't write anyways so why does it matter *: btw this is like super cliche lmao but its easy to write so like why not??♦