Teaser #1

❀ DSE Girl Group Project | 1RIS's Track to Stardom ❀ {STORY STARTING}

DECISIONS

"EVERY FLOWER MUST PUSH THROUGH THE DIRT TO BATHE IN SUNLIGHT."

June  18, 2016:  3:46 pm - Seoul, south Korea. 

In a practice room in one of the countless entertainment companies in Seoul was a sea of girls, all with different faces and personalities and all vying for the same six spots.  Many of them were about to be crushed by the company representative standing before them.  The dreams of all these hopefuls had been in the hands of a select few, most of whom at this moment were tearing their hair out in frustration.

"Why is there any need to change the concept or the group name?"

No one in the meeting room could understand what in the world the CEO could possibly be thinking.  1LLUSION was a perfectly fine name that allowed for an ever-changing concept and endless creativity, so what was all this talk of changing it?  And to 1RIS of all things?  Everyone at the company was very well aware of the occassional indecisiveness of CEO Mook, who was constantly creating and disbanding K-POP groups before they even hit the stage and always looking for the perfect line up, but to change a group's entire name and concept just as the members were being chosen was new even to the higher-ups here.

"Let me explain," said the flustered CEO.  He had definitely not expected this much backlash from his team.  " No one said anything about changing this group's concept.  1RIS is a name that is just as lovely and just as versatile as 1LLUSION and it happens to fit this group's debut concept a lot more.  It also represents my wish for the girls to blossom forth and mature into idols we can be proud to have under our label.  It can also be read as 1 RISE, which represents a desire for them to rise as 1 group up the K-POP ranks.  Illusion was clever, but Iris fits."

The rest of the room was silent for a while as he looked from face to face.  Finally, there was a quiet sigh and a voice called out, "So what now?  Are we changing the lineup, too?"  CEO Mook only chuckled and said nothing.

author's note

 

Hey there, lovelies.  It's been over a year, and life has been pretty crazy.  But forget that.  First teaser up!  I figured this would be a pretty creative way of explaining why the group name was suddenly changed.  What do you think?