OO2

YG High 2016

I was walking in a rush to find my homeroom. I didn’t want to be late because it’s just uncomfortable when everyone’s attention is on me. What if the teacher blacklist me for being late? What if my new classmate think I’m a slacker? Okay, I might be slacking sometimes but first impression are important. Thinking over that had made my legs escalated more quickly.

“3-D, 3-D,” I muttered as I climbed up the stairs two steps each.

I don’t care if it ruined my image as a girl. It’s my habit when I was in a rush anyway. I was now standing in front of the door. Before I get inside, I checked back for my homeroom number just to make sure that I’m right. Taking a deep breath, I pushed the door open and warily step inside.

At the sound of the door opening, everyone in the classroom stops what they were doing. It made me stop for a while when they were looking at me. They went back to what they were doing when they only see me. I sighed in relief over the short silence. Adjusting the bag strap I started to walk to the back to find a vacant seat. I wanted to take a seat beside the window but the whole column left and right were occupied. In the end I took a seat one table away from the window that aligned with the main entrance on the second row. Just then, a person came in and stood behind the teacher’s desk.

‘Our homeroom teacher?’ I questioned myself in my own thought. I’m in doubt because he looked like he’s one of us.

The class went died down as their attention were all on him. I can heard some people groaning and fussing behind me.

“It’s him again!”

“No! I want Miss Park!”

“Oh em gee, we’re lucky this year!”

The teacher seemed to overhear it and send a grin past me. “Yes, it’s me again. I see some of Miss Park’s previous students here and some new, new face?” the teacher looked at me.

I nodded my head in response. I am new. Very new. I went to another school when I was on my 7th grade for 2 years.

“Let’s start our day with introductions so everyone will get along. Cool?”

I nodded my head again. As the introduction started, I began to construct my words in my head so I won’t get stuck in talking later. As it was nearing my turn, I felt nervous all of a sudden.

‘I’ll just give it a go. It’s just an introduction anyway. Just tell them your name, your age, where you live, where your previous high school is, and tell them to get along with you. Yep!’

“Next,”

I stood up from my seat and began to introduce myself.

“Hello, my name is-”

“Please introduce yourself to your classmates,” my teacher instructed.

Oh no. Slowly I turned around. All eyes were already on me. I blinked once. “I’m Cho Sunhee,” I trailed off. “I’m new,” I muttered as I forgot what I want to say next due to the intense staring I received. “Um,” I tried to utter another word but the silence was too loud.

There was a slight pause after that until our teacher break it off. “Alright, next!”

Quickly, I sat back and took a deep breathe. I felt relieved that it’s over but I’m a bit disappointed that I didn’t do the introduction so well. I guessed they will think of me as an introvert now. I took a good look of my classmates. They seemed to be easy going especially the girls. The boys were just being loud.

The door suddenly opened as another student came in while panting. Everyone looked at him. The teacher gave him an amusing look.

“Way to ruin my introduction,” the girl puffed her cheek at the guy who just came in.

“I’m sorry Yuhee,” the boy chuckled back to Yuhee who had her introduction to the halt. He gave the teacher an apologetic bow for being late.

Yuhee did her introduction again. But I didn’t really listened to it because I’m listening to my own thoughts instead. Did a flower boy just came in and light up the room? I asked as I trailed my eyes on the boy who was walking towards my direction. I looked away after I realised that I was staring at him for so long. The boy stopped in front of my desk.

“Hey, is this seat taken?” he asked me quietly.

I looked up at him. My head nearly angled itself at 90 degree because he’s so tall. I looked at where he placed his hand. It was a chair in front of me. I shook my head, pretty positive that no one claimed that spot yet.

“Nice,” he settled down.

Should I be worried the fact that I can’t see part of the whiteboard because of his height? Or should I be happy that I get to sit this close with a flower boy? I regained my composure and looked away from his back. Just on time, the boy spun around. He gave me that smile again. I looked back at him and blinked.

“Can you see the whiteboard?” he asked me quietly.

I nodded my head once.

“Last person in front of Sunhee, please introduce yourself,” we looked back to the teacher.

The boy stood up and walked up to the front in the middle. He didn’t forgot to smile first.

“Hello, my name is Song Yunhyeong! About earlier, I am sorry for being late. I got caught up in traffic,” he turned around and grinned apologetically to the teacher, who only nodded to say that it’s okay. “If my name is too long, you can call me Yun,”

“Can I call you mine?” a girl shrieked playfully.

“Ahha, very funny Chaeri,” Yunhyeong snickered slightly. “Anyway, let’s get along well!” he bowed and surprisingly got an applause.

‘I’m not surprise if he’s popular’ I shrugged it off.

“Alright,” our teacher looked down at the registration list. “I guess everyone had introduce themselves. Good job to everyone who is coming on the first day of school. As you can see, we have 25 students in total and half of you were not my students last two years. I hope everyone can give me time to memorise each and everyone’s names. Please cooperate with me, don’t give me a headache,” the teacher gave a knowing look at some boys past my direction.

An impatient girl raised her hand as she blurted out “Sir, tell us your name too,”

Same girl, same. I was wondering about it from the start. What’s the name of my teacher that resembles like a teenager like us.

The teacher chuckled and clear his throat. “My name is Kwon Jiyong. I am your homeroom teacher,” he flashed us a smile.

Nice. So far my homeroom is blessed. I love YG High. I thought.

 

 


Author's Note:
Your homeroom teacher is cute right?

Don't forget the flower boy!