OO1

YG High 2016

A soft music fills in the quiet chilly bedroom. A groan can be heard from under the thick turquoise blanket. As the music gets louder, a hand slid its way out from the blanket to grab the phone on the table lamp. With a single slide on the screen, the music stopped. A head popped out from the blanket. Before anything happened, a voice had interrupted behind the door.

“Sunhee, it’s time to wake up for school!” the door swung opened and came in a young girl that dressed up in her primary school’s uniform.

“What did you just called me-” Sunhee frowned, clearly didn't like the idea of her sister talking down on her especially early in the morning.

“Unnie, it’s time to wake up for school?” the younger girl smiled mischievously at her older sister thinking that she had succeed in fooling her.

“I heard you clearly, Cho Sunhwa!”

Sunhwa grinned sheepishly but it was then got replaced with a frown. “Shouldn’t you already be prepare to go to school at a time like this?” she glanced at the clock on the wall beside.

Sunhee looked at the time too. She slapped her forehead hard. Quickly, she threw the blanket aside and jumped out of the bed before dashing to the bathroom outside not forgetting to pull off the towel behind the bedroom door, leaving Sunhwa alone who was already shaking her head. Sunhee forgot that they need to wake up earlier than their routine. After the well spent holiday, she got accepted to a high school that’s located near where they lived. But she was already moving out, far away from that location. She had around 30 minutes left before the school starts. She completely forgot that it took more than 30 minutes to get to the new school. Knowing Sunhee, she always took longer time to get ready.

“I’ll go first! Goodluck Sunhee unnie,” Sunhwa shouted in front of the bathroom. She planned to ride a bus with her sister but she didn’t want to be late on her first day of school either. She needed to maintain her clean record so she could get elected as a school’s president this year.

Sunhwa went down the stairs and entered the kitchen to greet her mother who was already done packing a food into her food container.

“Where’s your sister?” Mrs Cho asked.

“She woke up a little bit late so I guess I will go without her” she took the container and put it in her schoolbag before eating a small portion of cereal.

Mrs. Cho shook her head. She put the Sunhee's lunchbox aside that was accompanied with a cup of tea and toast. Both of them could hear a rushing footsteps and door closings multiple times upstairs. Sunhwa got up and put the bowl in the sink indicating that she needed to leave. Mrs. Cho gave a kiss on her daughter's cheek and send her off to the main entrance before going back to the kitchen.

Just then, Sunhee nearly fell off the stairs as she went down. “Mom, I’ll be going now!” she said as she rushed to the main door.

“Take the lunchbox with you!” Mrs. Cho exclaimed.

Sunhee took a quick turn and run to the kitchen. She saw her breakfast on the table. She took a quick sip of the cooled tea and a big bite of the toast. She put the container in her bag and approached her mother who was busy washing the small dishes. With a quick peck on her mother's cheek, she bid a goodbye and leave the house.

“Study well, Sunhee!” Mrs. Cho said before she heard the door shut closed.

She also need to leave for work soon. Her husband, Mr. Cho already leave the house earlier. He needed to be at work on time. The earlier the better. He didn’t get to send his daughters to school due to time management. In the end they agreed to let the two to take a bus. As for Mrs. Cho, her workplace is the opposite from the direction of their schools. If the school’s direction were to the left, her workplace’s direction would be going to the right from the house. If she were to send them, she might get stuck in traffic congestion as soon as she get back to her workplace from the school. Besides, she had to drop off her youngest daughter, Cho Sunmin to the day care. Sunmin is just reaching 2 years old this year. Mrs. Cho managed to find a day care service near her workplace. Today, everything was nearly going well by planned. She just hoped that her eldest daughter will fix her time management after this or she’ll get in trouble in school if she keep doing it.