03. MARK... OPPA?

Good Girl. Bad Boy.

When Hyun Ae saw the bandage around my leg, she kept bombing me with questions on how I got hurt. 

"I.. Uhm. Fell." I said. 

"Pabo, you should watch yourself!" She exclaimed. 

"Deh~" I said in reply. 

I slightly glanced back at Jungkook, only to find him dozing off at his desk. I looked at the bandages and the large patch on his cheek. His state was the talk of the school today. Everyone was wondering how he got those injuries. Rumors was saying that he was seen fighting a gang of men in an alley, some saying he was jumped for being wanted by a gang. No one really knew what really happened. No one but me. 

I felt a tap on my shoulder, turning to see Hyun Ae staring at me. 

"What?" I asked. 

"You're staring at Jungkook, which is weird." She said. "Are you falling for him? Falling for those bad boy charms?" 

She was nudging my side while doing that eyebrow thing, with a little smirk. 

"Yah. You know who I like! There's also nothing to fall about for that jerk." I crossed my arms and leaned back into my chair. 

"Wae? I think he's pretty hot." She winked at me. 

I rolled my eyes, "Hot in the head with his attitude." 

Class was about to begin, and I kept looking over at the sleeping Jungkook. An idea popped in my head, so I took out a sticky notes and began to write something on them. I got up and headed over to him. No one was looking at me, hopefully. Taehyung was dozing off as well. Jimin was the only one staring at me with a raised eyebrow. I put a finger to my lip and winked at him as I walked towards Jungkook with the sticky not in hand. I went over and tried to stick the notes onto his cheek without waking him. 

I heard Jimin trying to hold in his laughter on the side. I slightly smiled when I saw the smile on Jimin's face. I always see them with a serious face. 

I myself was trying to not laugh out loud as well. The teacher then came in and I hurried over to my seat. 

During break time, I remembered about his jacket that was in my backpack. I took it out and neatly folded it. I turned around, only to find his seat empty. I frowned. Where the hell did he go in such a short time? Break just started! I sighed and stood up. 

"I'll be right back." Both Hyun Ae and I said at the same time. 

We both laughed at the timing. She then took notice of the jacket in my hand. 

"Who's that?" She asked. 

"N-No ones.." I muttered. 

"Yah. Are you keeping something from me." She put her hands on her hips. 

I should be asking you the same... 

I shook my head, "It's nothing. Just a friend of mine that lent it to me, and I forgot to return it." 

She just nodded. I too stood there sort of awkwardly. 

"Well. I'll go find that friend." I said and walked off. 

I walked around the second floor of the school, finding him nowhere. Where else would he go. I roamed around the third floor, only to end up with no trace of him. First floor? But then I realized, the rooftop. 

I headed up one more flight of stairs and stood at the front of the entrance to the roof. I kept looking at the 'Students Are Not Allowed To Enter' sign... I'll be in trouble if I'm caught... 

I hesitated going through the door. I should've just left it on his desk. I shook my head and turned around, starting down the stairs.

The sound of the door clicked open and out ran down the stairs. I looked at the face, seeing how he was beaten with a few tears in his eyes. But then I realized, it was the same guy as last time. 

Footsteps clicked behind me, I gripped onto the jacket. 

I turned around, looking up at the three guys at the top, "You'll never stop hurting people, will you?"

"Mind your own business," Jungkook looked down at me. 

I gritted my teeth. I walked up to the top where they stood and swung the jacket at him. It fell into his hands, but I'm glad that the zipper whacked him hard on the chest. He deserves it. 

"And to think that I thought you were a good person." I said. 

I stomped down the stairs. My mood was instantly down and I just wanted to scream at his face earlier. I saw the guy exit the infirmary that was on the second floor. 

"Gwenchana?" I walked up to him. 

I saw him flinch and become tense when he heard my voice, but when he realized it was me he calmed down. 

"Ah, sunbaenim. Deh, I'm okay."

"I'm guessing you haven't paid him back yet." I said. 

He nodded, head down so his hair was shielding his face. 

"You should slowly pay him back. Give him a couple of dollars at a time, then you'll eventually pay him back." I said. 

"I am..." He said. "I'm trying.." 

I saw a couple of tears drop onto the floor and I slightly frowned. But then a put up a smile, patting his shoulder. I looked at his name tag.

"Don't worry, Han Joon-ssi. I'll try speaking to him." I smiled at him. 

Although I didn't want to at all, if it's to help him and stop Jungkook hurting him, then I'll do it. Han Joon looked at me with surprise, but he had a grateful smile right after. 

"Kamsamnida, sunbaenim." He said, bowing multiple times and kept repeating those words. 

I chuckled a bit, "Alright, alright. Now go to class. First years are at the first floor and this is the second, so you should hurry or else you'll be late." 

We both seperated ways and went to class. When I walked in, I saw Jungkook staring at me. I rolled my eyes and walked to my seat without looking at him. Again, Hyun Ae came in almost late. But I wasn't in the mood to nag her about keeping track of time. I just focused on the lesson when class started. 

After school, I decided to stop by the detention room, since he was there today. I told Han Joon that I would talk to him, and I'm not going to go back on my word. 

I slid open the door and saw his head down and eyes closed. I walked over to him and sat down in the desk next to where he was sitting. He looked really peaceful.

"Stupid jerk..." I mumbled, laying my head down on the desk with my head facing him. "Stupid, mean jerk." 

His eyes slowly opened with and mine got wider. We both stared into each other eyes. 

"Who are you calling a jerk?" Jungkook sat up straight and stretched his arm. 

"Who else is in this room?" I said. 

"You." He looked at me, leaning his back against the wall. 

I sat up straight as well and turned my whole body towards him. 

"What do you want?" Jungkook yawned. 

"Will you stop hurting Han Joon?" I said.

He stopped and looked at me, his face back to that dark expression. I gulped as he stared right into my eyes with those cold eyes. 

"Mind your own business, Hye Mi. This is the last time I'm going to tell you." He said. 

But I didn't back down, "Jungkook, you're hurting that kid because of money." 

"It's not your business. You don't know anything." He said. "Now just leave. Don't you need to go do some paperwork or something." 

I stood up, "I don't care. He's just trying to help his dad out! Why can't you be patient about the money?"

I didn't intend to raise my voice, but doing so made the situation worse. Jungkook stood up as well. 

"Kang Hye Mi." He said in a strict tone. 

I wanted to stand my ground, but I felt a bit intimidated and moved back a bit. 

"Mind your own ing business. You don't know anything about Han Joon. You don't know anything about me." Jungkook said. "You don't know anything about why he borrowed that money."

My eyebrows knitted together in anger and I stepped up, going close to him. I was just a couple of inches away from him, but that didn't go through my mind. 

"Jeon Jungkook, I don't give a crap about anything! But you shouldn't always go to the option of using violence!" I shouted at him. 

I was slammed against the wall. 

"Do you always have to do this?!" I exclaimed. 

Jungkook trapped me in between both his arms. I looked straight into his eyes this time. Although my cheeks were feeling slightly warm, I didn't look away. 

"You're in no position to tell me what to do." He said. 

"You're right. I don't have any rights to tell you what to do... But I have the right to stand up for other people." 

We continued to stare at each, until we heard the door slide open. Jungkook sat back at his seat immediately and I frantically moved three feet forwards. 

"Hye Mi-ssi? What are you doing here?" Kim seonsaengnim asked, giving me a puzzled look. 

"A-Ah. Annyeonghaseyo, seonsaengnim." I bowed. "I came here to... give Jungkook back his jacket."

"Is that so? Well, Jungkook, you are free to leave. Detention is ending early today." He said. 

"I'll be leaving now." I bowed one more time and walked out. 

When I walked out the classroom and a couple of steps down the hallway, my heart was beating fast. Not only from how we almost got caught in that position by a teacher, but also that I realized how I was all up in his face. I grabbed me head with both hands and messed with my hair. 

"I'm going crazy!" I exclaimed to myself. 

"Yes, yes you are." A voice came from behind me, a laugh following.

I jumped, turning around. My eyes wide and heart beating like crazy as I saw his smile. 

"M-M-Mark sunbaenim!" I exclaimed. "A-Annyeonghaseyo!" 

"Annyeong," He chuckled. 

Mark walked over to me and helped me fix my hair. My cheeks were burning. 

"There you go." He smiled at me.

"K-Kamsamnida." I stuttered. 

I mentally hit myself. Pabo! Stop being awkward!

"You don't have to be so formal with me, Hye Mi-ssi." Mark said. "Just call me Mark oppa." 

Okay, now my face is definately a tomatoe now. 

"A-Ah. Deh. Mark sunba- Ah. I mean. Mark o-oppa..." I played with my hand. "You don't have to say Hye Mi-ssi then. Just call me Hye Mi." 

Mark grinned, "Arasso.. Hye Mi." 

My smile grew, the butterflies in my stomach fluttering like crazy.

I don't know how it got to it, but we left the school together and hung out for a bit. We were hanging out to the nearest shopping area where all the food stalls and some stores were, snacking. 

"You got something on your cheek." He said. 

I reached up and wiped. 

He chuckled and reached over, wiping it off himself. I blushed like crazy. 

I checked the time and noticed how late it was becoming. 

"I need to go home and make dinner for the kids." I blurted out. 

"Kids?" He asked. 

"Ah. Dongsaengs." I repeated. "My little sister and brothers."

"You make dinner?" Mark asked. "Need help?"

I nodded, "Deh. Wait what?!"

Mark tilted his head cutely with a little smile, "Wae? Can I not help?" 

"A-Ani! I mean y-you can! It's just! I... uh..." I got flustered and he just laughed. 

"Kaja." He said. 

"A-Arasso." I couldn't process anything anymore. 

But I felt like I was going to die from happiness. When we arrived at my house and went inside, the two little ones attacked me around the waist. 

"Noona! Welcome home!" They exclaimed. 

I laughed and hugged them both, "I'm home! Where's Hye Jin?" 

"Here~" She called out from the living room. 

"Yah. Are you watching that drama again?" I laughed as I peeked my head into the room. 

"It's a really good drama!" She exclaimed, her eyes fixed on the TV. 

I ruffled her hair, "You better have finished your homework." 

"I did." She said, not looking my way. 

"Did Eun Hee unnie leave already?" I asked. 

She nodded, eyes glued to the screen. I rolled my eyes with a grin and then realized that I left Mark at the doorway. 

"Sunb- ah. Oppa!" 

But I found him being bombed with questions. 

"Hyung, why are you here?" 

"Are you going to eat with us?" 

But the question that got to me was... 

"Hyung, are you her boyfriend?"

Both of us flushed. 

"Y-Yah! Kwang Min!" I covered his mouth. "Go and play! Hyung and noona is going to make dinner." 

"Deh~" The twins chorused and ran off. 

"Mianhe." I scratched the back of my head. 

He chuckled, "It's alright. Your brothers are really cute." 

"Uhm. Take any pair of slippers you want." I motioned. "I'm going to go and greet my mom." 

"I'll come with." Mark said. 

"O-Okay." 

We headed upstairs and to her room. I knocked on the door and she called for me to come in. 

"Omma? A friend wanted to come and greet you." I said. 

"A friend? That's rare! Bring her in!" She exclaimed. 

"Uhm.. Him." I corrected and opened the door wider. 

"Ah!" Omma face was shocked to see him at the door. "Come in, come in!"

"Omma, this is Mark sunbaenim... er.. I mean.. Mark o-oppa.." I don't know why I have trouble trying to call him that. 

I guess I'm just really used to calling him my sunbae... 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Mark Tuan-imnida." He bowed. 

"It's very nice to meet you!" Omma smiled. "I'm glad you're here, Hye Mi never brings home a friend. I hope my daughter haven't been troubling you." 

"Omma!" I pouted. 

"Aigoo, I was just kidding." She my head. 

I then felt her tense up a bit. I looked over at her, her eyes closed and slowly inahled in pain. 

"Gwenchana?" Mark asked. 

Omma slowly looked over at him, a smile appearing, "Yes. I'm alright." 

"We'll be downstairs making dinner, okay omma? Call for one of us if you need anything." I gave her a worried look. 

"Arasso~ And don't worry Hye Mi, I'm fine." She said, patting the top of my hand. 

I slowly nodded, knowing deep inside, she's not okay.. Mark gave one last bow to her and we headed out. 

"Is your mom sick?" He asked. 

I nodded, a sad expression unknowingly shown in my eyes, "Deh... She's.. She's really ill and bedridden. So she always have to stay in her room.."

"Oh.. Mianheyo.." He said. 

Mark gave a gentle smile and a slight pat on my head, "You're a good person, Hye Mi. I'm sure your mom will be alright." 

I smiled, "Komawo.. Oppa.." 

He grinned, "Now, let's start cooking before the kids start coming." 

As if on cue, the two little boys came running over. 

"Noona!!! Hyung!! We're hungry!!" They both pouted as they wrapped their arms around us. 

We both laughed. 

"We're going to make dinner now, okay? Just wait a little." I ruffled Young Min's hair.

The two grinned, "Deh~!" 

"How cute." Mark chuckled as the twins ran off. 

The butterflies fluttered in my stomach. Mark walked off into the kitchen first and I stood in the back a bit, both my hands on my face as I started to smile. I took a deep breath and went into the kitchen. 

"Let's get started." I smiled, handing him an apron.


A/N: 11 SUBSCRIBERS!!! YASSS~!!!!! :D Thank you for subscribing to my story! ❤❤❤

Yes, the twins are the Jo twins from Boyfriend, but a child version xD I hope you guys liked this chapter! Man, I realized that I made Hye Mi and Jungkook fight a lot. But it's all part of the plan~ :33

Comment your opinions, I'd love to see your guys opinion about the story! ^-^ Thank you so much again! 

I hope you guys will enjoy this story as it goes on ^o^

Saranghae~