06. DINNER AT HIS HOUSE

Good Girl. Bad Boy.

I stared at him in shock. What did he just say!? I turned to the kids. 

"Aniya! He's not my boyfriend!" I exclaimed. 

Jungkook continued to smirk and pulled me closer, "What are you talking about, jagi?" 

I punched him in the chest, "Quit it!" 

"Noona says you're not her boyfriend, let her go!" The two fumed and threw their little fists at his legs. 

Jungkook looked down at the kids, "What if hyung isn't lying?" 

"Prove it then!" Young Min folded his arms. 

Meanwhile, I was slowly prying off his fingers from my waist. But I was interrupted when my chin was pulled to look at him. I gulped. 

"W-What are you d-doing?" I stuttered. 

He leaned in closer, "I'm proving it to the kids." 

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!" I shouted, trying to push him away. 

But his firm grip around me prevented my from escaping. I used both my hands to push his face away. Jungkook finally released me and chuckled at my reaction. My heart continued to pound against my chest as I glared him down. 

I turned to the twins, "This guy isn't my boyfriend, okay! Right, Jungkook?!"

I looked back at him and gave him a look, telling him to tell the two the truth, or else I'll kick his . Jungkook chuckled and nodded. 

"Your noona is right." He said. "Who would want to date someone like her?" 

I scoffed, "I should be saying the same to you!" 

"So is Mark hyung your boyfriend?" Young Min suddenly brought up. 

My face flushed a bright red, "H-He's not my b-boyfriend either, for the millionth time! It's late now! Go wake up Hye Jin and tell her to wash up before going to bed!" 

"Deh~" The two ran off into the living room. 

I pushed Jungkook towards the front door. He slipped on his shoes as I waited with the door open. I followed him out to the front gate and closed it behind him. He stood their with that stupid smirk of his as he looked back at me. How I just want to smack him silly right now. 

"Can you not do something like that again? Especially in front of them!" I frowned with my arms crossed. 

Jungkook shrugged, and I punched him in the shoulder. 

"Apa!" He held at his arm, furrowing his eyebrows. 

"You deserve it! Why did I even help you!"

"No one asked you to." He scoffed. 

I rolled my eyes, "If it wasn't for me, you'll probably be dead right now." 

He smirked, "Whatever."

"Now go home, it's late." I said, pointing to the direction of his house. 

"Arasso." He said. "Komawo, for helping me." 

I stood there, slightly in shock at his words and begun to feel bad for what I had previously said. "O-Oh. No problem..?"

He chuckled and walked off. Cocky brat knows how to thank people. I slightly smiled at the thought of it. But shook my head and slightly pouted. He's still an annoying jerk that's super mean. Knowing Jungkook, his attitude will return back tomorrow. 

"Oh! I forgot to tell you, your food !" 

There it is.

"YAH! JEON JUNGKOOK, YOU JERK!" I exclaimed as I saw his figure continue to walk down the road. 

I rolled my eyes as he disappeared into the dark, heading back turning towards the house. Instead of feeling super mad, I felt sort of amused. I chuckled to myself. 

"Stupid jerk." 

At that moment, I heard a click. I turned around, looking around the area. What was that? I looked around a bit more, seeing that it was only me outside. I shook the thought out of my head. Must've been my imagination. When I headed back to the door, I saw the kids running around. 

"Yah! Didn't I tell you to go wash up!" 

I closed the door behind me, the constant sound blocked by the door.

Next morning, I expected the jerk to make fun of me when we see each other. But to my surprise, he wasn't at school today. I was slightly worried as thoughts filled my mind. 

What if he got attacked and hurt again? 

During break period, I went over to Taehyung and Jimin. 

"Where's Jungkook?" I asked them. 

"Home." They simply replied. 

"Oh." Relief washed over me. 

Jimin smirked, "Wae? Worried about him?"

I rolled my eyes, "Who would be worried about a hard-headed jerk like him?" 

"You." Taehyung grinned. 

"He said his stomach hurts, probably from the food you fed him." Jimin joked. 

"Yah! Wait. How did you guys know?" I said. 

"So you really did poison his food?" Taehyung exclaimed. 

"Not that!" I slightly slapped his arm. "I meant about him- Aish! Never mind!" 

"Jungkookie tells us everything." Jimin laughed. 

I rolled my eyes, "Of course. Where were you two any ways?" 

"You wanted us to come over too?" Taehyung grinned. 

"We'll be your second and third boyfriend." Jimin winked. 

"Yah! Park Jimin!" I threatened to hit him. 

Aish! They're that jerk friends, alright.

He raised his hand up to shield himself as he laughed, "I'm joking! Joking!" 

"We were at home." Taehyung said. "We didn't even know that he was attacked. Luckily you found him."

"Komawo, for helping him." Jimin smiled at me. 

Are they really bad people? I've never heard a single thank you from them before to anyone. It's surprising to hear nice things from them, but it's nice. Now that I think of it, I barely ever see them smile. They always have that cocky expression or a smirk. But their smiles are actually really cute. I wonder if Jungkook ever smiles. He probably does, just not around me. 

"No problem," I smiled. 

After school, I was called to the teacher lounge.

"Please don't be paperwork. Pleaseeee don't be paperwork." I prayed as I went. 

When I arrived there, our homeroom teacher confronted me. 

"Annyeonghaseyo." I bowed.

She smiled at me, "Annyeonghaseyo. I called to ask you if you can bring these to Jeon Jungkook, since you're the class representative. I'd really appreciate it if you do it for me." 

"H-Huh?" 

Before I could even agree to what she had asked me, she already walked off to her desk, "I'll give you his address, wait for a moment."

"I-It's fine! I know where he lives." I said. 

"Ah, is that so?" She said, sort of surprised. 

I nodded as she handed me the file of all the paperwork of today. She thanked me as I left the room. Once I turned away and closed the door, I frowned. Why did I have to do it? She knows Taehyung, Jimin, and Jungkook are like the best of friends. So why me? I sighed at the thought of it. And out of everyone else, it had to be Jungkook's house. 

I sighed once again as I exited the school. I looked around to see if Taehyung and Jimin is still hanging around, but they weren't. I grumbled to myself as I continued down the road towards Jungkook's. When I arrived there, I still couldn't believe how big his house was. Is he a rich kid? What's a rich kid doing, being a bully in school? It's like those stereotypical movies where the bad boys are the rich kids. Is that what he is?

I pressed the button at the front gate that surrounded the house. I waited for a couple of minutes and no one had responded. I ringed the bell a couple of times, until a voice came through the intercom. 

"WHAT?!" An irritated, yet husky voice exclaimed. 

"Open the door, you jerk. I've been standing out here for a while." I said. 

"Hye Mi?" 

"Who else?" And a loud buzzing sound went off, the gate slowly opening. 

I walked in and went towards the house. When I reached for the door, the door swung open. My eyes widened and quickly looked away. 

"You've seen me shirtless so many times. Why are you still shocked?" He scratched his head. "Hurry up and come in, it's cold." 

"That's why you put on a shir-"

I was suddenly dragged in and the door closed behind me. I watched Jungkook walk towards the living room and I slowly followed. 

"H-How are you feeling?" I asked him. 

"I felt like I was going to die." He said as he laid on the couch. "Are you sure you didn't poison my food?"

"Yah! I didn't poison your food!" I slapped the file onto his chest. 

He picked up the file, "What is this?" 

"Today's classwork for all the classes." I said, hands on my hips. "And can you please put on a shirt?" 

"Shiro." 

"Wae!?" 

"It's my house." He said as he looked through the papers.

I rolled my eyes, "Do you think it's proper to just be wearing sweatpants while a girl is around?" 

"Where's the girl?" He smirked up at me. 

"Yah!" 

But he wasn't listening to me anymore. Jungkook placed the file down onto the coffee table that was besides him and grabbed the remote, turning on the large TV that hung on the wall. Well. My work here is done. What's the point to even argue with him any ways? I'm only here to drop his stuff off. I looked back at the lazy figure and rolled my eyes.

I sighed, "I'm leaving." 

He then grabbed my wrist, causing me to look back at him. 

"Make me some food." 

I scoffed, "I thought my food ." 

"It is. But I haven't eaten at all today, so I'll have to deal with it." Jungkook said, not even looking at me. 

This punk. I clicked my tongue and pulled my hand away from him. I flicked his forehead and went to the kitchen. I'm only doing this because I feel bad for him. How can he not eat all day? That's unhealthy. I frowned just at the thought of it. I should've hit him harder, maybe scold him for not eating properly. 

I went through the cabinets in the kitchen, slowly getting frustrated with this large house. I climbed onto the counter to look at the top cabinets.

"Apa!" I exclaimed as I hit my head against the top shelf of the cabinet. 

I heard a whistle behind me and slowly turned around, finding Jungkook smirking at me with his arm crossed. 

"What?" I asked, turning back to the cabinet. "Where are your pots and pans?"

I heard rummaging and then I heard the clink of metal. I turned around and sat down on the counter, facing him. He held up the pot and pan as he raised an eyebrow. 

"Ohhh." 

I hopped down the counter and walked over to him. I took the them from him and went over to the stove, placing them down. I went over to the fridge and looked inside.

"Allergic to anything?" I asked him. 

He thought a bit and shook his head. I just nodded and turned back to the fridge. I took out some things an began to prepare the food.

He sat down on the stool at the island. I searched for the cutting board, then I noticed that he was pointing at the cabinet behind me, and I opened it. I took out the cutting board and a knife. Before I began, I tied up my hair in a high ponytail and pulled on the apron that was hanging on a hook on the side.

I looked up from cutting the onions and used the back of my hand to wipe the tears that were forming. Ugh. I hate cutting onions. 

I heard a low chuckle and I looked at Jungkook, "What's so funny?" 

"You're crying because of an onion." He smirked. 

I rolled my eyes, "I'd like to see you do it without crying." 

He hopped off the stool and scooted me aside. Jungkook took the knife from me and began to chop the onions. When he was done, he looked at me with that dumb smirk. I rolled my eyes and booty bumped him away. He let out another chuckle and went back to that stool. 

"Put on a shirt will you?" I said. "Aren't you cold?"

He shrugged and just sat there. I rolled my eyes again. But I had the urge to fan my cheeks because I felt them heating up ever since he first sat down in front of me. Him staring at me like that isn't helping me out either. I feel kind of uncomfortable under his stare. 

"At least make the rice yourself." I said as I the stove. 

I heard him get up and do as I said. I looked over my shoulder to see him going to the pantry to get some rice into the pot, and I slightly smiled. He actually listened to me. 

When I was done cooking, Jungkook was playing on his phone as he sat at the same spot. I placed the plates in front of him and scooped a bowl of rice. I grabbed the utensils and placed it down. 

"Okay. Here's your food." I said as I pulled off the apron. "I'll be going now."

"You're not going to eat?" He asked. 

I shook my head, "I have to go and make dinner for three kids."

I pulled out the hair tie and ruffled my hair. 

"But I can't finish all this." He said. 

"Yah. I didn't even make that much." I rolled my eyes.

I raised an eyebrow at me, "This isn't a lot?" 

I looked at the dishes and realized that I actually did make a lot. Well, it's not THAT much. But I don't think one person will be able to finish it all. 

"Call Jimin and Taehyung." I suggested. "Now come and lock the door." 

I gathered my things and pulled on my blazer. I headed for the door and slipped on my shoes. I turned around to see Jungkook on the phone as he came towards me. I opened the door and he waited there to close it. 

"Are they coming to join you?" I asked him as I stepped out and turned to him. 

He shook his head, "Both are busy." 

"Oh." I felt a bit bad. 

Jungkook shrugged his shoulders, "Whatever. I'm used to eating alone." 

I frowned, "What about your parents?"

He scoffed, "They're too busy with work to even give a about me." 

"Yah. That's not true." I said. 

Jungkook rolled his eyes, "You don't know anything. Now just go." 

I bit the bottom of my lips. Now I felt really bad. Should I stay? He started to close the door, but I stopped it and pushed it open. I stepped in and sighed. 

"I'll stay for a bit." 

I saw the corner of his lips curl a bit and he closed the door behind me. I took off my shoes and place my things down. I slipped back on the slippers I wore earlier and followed him. I realized that I still need to tell the kids that I won't be home until later. I stopped in the hallway and took out my cell phone from my blazer pocket. I unlocked my phone and scrolled through my contacts. I found her contact and dialed her number, but she didn't pick up, so I ended up calling the house phone. 

"Yobeoseyo?" I heard a voice through the line. 

"Young Min?" I said. 

"Noona? How come you're not home yet?" He asked. 

"Noona will be a bit late." I informed him. "Can you get Hye Jin to answer the phone?" 

"Deh~" He said. "HYE JIN NOONAAAAAAAA." 

I put the phone a couple of inches away from my ear, my face scrunching from how loud he was. 

"Unnie?" Hye Jin came onto the line.

"Hye Jin-ah. I won't be home till a bit later, okay?" I said. "So take care of the kids until I get back. Oh, and make the rice so when I get back, dinner will be ready when I make it"

"Deh~"

"I'll try to be home soon." I said before hanging up.

I went back to the kitchen, where I saw Jungkook scooping another bowl of rice. He took out a few more utensils and placed it down next to his, causing a smile to form. I went over and sat down next to him, having slight trouble since the stool was tall. When I sat down, I looked up to see him looking at me. 

My eyes were looking at his face at first, but it slowly trailed down. I quickly looked back up as I got to his collar bone. 

I cleared my throat, "Y-You're still shirtless." 

Jungkook sighed as he placed down his chopstick, "Fine. I'll go put on a shirt since you keep complaining." 

"Komawo." I cheekily grinned. 

Jungkook came back in a tank top. He sat down back in his spot and began to eat his food. 

"Is it good?" I asked him. 

He shrugged as he continued to eat. I rolled my eyes as I picked up my chopstick and got some of the food for myself. All I could hear was the clinking of the metal chopsticks against the bowls. It felt sort of weird eating with Jungkook, but there was this warm feeling as well. 

"How did you learn to...." He started to trail off a bit. "To cook.. So well..."

A smile grew as I heard what he said. So he does like my cooking. 

I leaned forward a bit to see his face, but he kept looking away as he hid his face. 

"Omma taught me ever since I was young." I said. 

Slowly, our conversation grew. We told some things about each other. I told him about how me and Hyun Ae became friends, and he told me about him and the other two. 

In the midst of his story about how Jimin fell into the pool, he laughed. His smile was bright. It was something that I've never seen before. It wasn't those stupid cocky smirks or those mocking chuckles. It was a genuine smile and laugh. 

He looked over at me and gave me a weird look, "What?"

"You smiled." I said. 

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows, "Your point is?" 

"It was nice." I said. "Better than that cocky smirk you always give me." 

He scoffed, "Well. It's nice seeing you not have an attitude." 

"I do not have an attitude." I said.

He raised an eyebrow, "Have you ever heard yourself?" 

"Have you ever seen yourself?"

"Yes I have, and I'm pretty hot." He wiggled his eyebrows. 

I burst out laughing, "Keep dreaming!" 

I hopped off the stool and took my dishes along with Jungkook's, taking it to the sink. 

"You can pack the remaining for lunch tomorrow or if you want a midnight snack, or something. Remember to put plastic wrap over it before putting it in the fridge." I said as I began to wash the dishes. 

"Whatever you say." He said. 

I finished cleaning and Jungkook put away the left overs. He followed me to the door. 

"Komawo, for eating dinner with me." He said. "I... I really enjoyed having you over." 

I smiled, "No problem. I'll be taking my leave now. Annyeong, see you at school." 

I turned around and walked down the yard. The gate slid open and I walked out. I looked back to see Jungkook still watching me from the door. I did a slight wave, which he returned. I walked down the path with a smile on my face. 

Jeon Jungkook is full of surprises.



A/N: ANNYEONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. I AM BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. How do you guys feel about the story? Is it good? I hope that you guys like it. Doing a quick update cos I need to go do something. 

Comment your guys opinions, I'd love to see what you guys think about the chapter or story in general! ^-^ Also, thank you so much for subscribing. I love you all!!!

Saranghae~!!!