02. EIGHT O'CLOCK

Good Girl. Bad Boy.

The next morning, everything went as usual. When I got to school, I went to my locker and grabbed a few things as usual. I took out the remaining paper work, just a couple more papers and I can get the teachers to review it. Then I'm done, unless there's some mistake or something we can't allow. I was about to go to class, but someone slammed their foot against the locker, blocking my way. I looked at the owner of the leg, frowning. Of course, it's the one and only Jeon Jungkook.

"What?" I said, slightly irritated. 

"Thanks a lot for helping out yesterday." He said sarcastically. 

I gave a fake smile, "You're welcome. Now, please move your leg." 

He moved his leg, but his whole body blocked my way now. I held my stuff close to my chest, leaning as far back as I could into the lockers, wishing that I could just sink in. Does he not find this embarrassing and weird?! Why does he always do this?! AISH.

Everyone in the hall went silent and I saw all eyes on us. It was dead silent and all I could hear was Jungkook's low breathing. 

He leaned down to my ear, breathing against it, causing all the hair on my body to stick up. 

"I'd drop your attitude with me if I were you. This is a warning, Hye Mi-ssi." He whispered. 

Jungkook finally backed up and walked away. I then released my breath that I never realized that I was holding. It was still quiet and all were looking at me. I gave a faint smile at them all and walked to class, fanning my face. 

I walked inside the classroom and sat down. My cheeks finally cooled down. A minute before a student is considered late, Hyun Ae rushed in and sat down. 

"Yah. Why did you come so late?" I asked her. 

"Huh? Oh. Nothing, I was talking with a friend and lost track of time." She said. 

"You're lucky the teacher isn't here yet." I said. 

A minute later after the late bell, the teacher came in and started class. Then it all begun once again. I felt the crumpled paper being thrown at my back, then something pointy hit my head, I looked at the paper airplane floating into a landing on the floor. 

I put up with it, nearly breaking my pencil from irritation. When it was finally break period. I shot up from my seat and stomped over to his desk. 

"What is your problem?!" I exclaimed, shocking everyone in the room. 

"H-Hye Mi.." Hyun Ae called out. 

Jungkook raised an eyebrow, a smirk across his face, "What are you talking about?" 

"Mwoh?!" This little... "Yah. I'm going to ask you nicely to just stop it."

"And if I don't?" 

"Jeon Jungkook, I swear..." But I realized that everyone was watching intently. 

I closed my eyes and sighed. Why am I even reacting to his childish acts! I exhaled to try to relieve a bit of the anger and went back to my seat calmly. 

"What a weirdo." I heard Jungkook mutter with amusement in his tone. 

Me?! Weirdo!? Excuse him! Who's the one throwing paper  balls and airplanes at a student in the middle of class?! Oh my god, he stresses me out more than paperwork. 

"That was a gutsy move." Hyun Ae said. 

"Mian. It was just that he kept throwing those stupid paper balls and airplanes at me." I explained. 

"Is that why it's a mess around your desk, " she let out a little laugh. 

"Why else would there be." I sighed and noticed it myself. 

I picked up the paper and threw it in the recycle bin. I went I was walking back to my seat, I caught him watching me with a smirk and I rolled my eyes. Jimin nudged him on the side with a smirk, saying something that I couldn't catch. 

"Yah. Are you crazy!?" Jungkook exclaimed, drawing attention to him. 

Jimin shrugged with a small smirk. 

At the end of school, I walked to the student council room alone, yet again. Hyun Ae apparently has something to do first before coming. I sighed. Although she's my best friend, I don't like how she doesn't take her duty as the vice president seriously. 

I went inside the room, finding the two boys already at work. 

"Annyeong, noona." Sehun said. 

"Annyeong, Sehunnie." I replied, sitting down at the table. 

"Where was Hyun Ae going to?" Sungjae asked. 

I tilted my head, "Going where?" 

"I don't know. I saw her going up to the third floor with a really happy face." He said. 

I shrugged, "She told me she needed to do stuff before coming."

We all just shrugged the matter off. It's her business, so we won't be so nosy. After a while, Hyun Ae came in. As Sungjae said, a bright smile on her face. 

"Why are you so happy?" I laughed. 

"Oh, it's nothing." She grinned. 

I rolled my eyes with a smile, "Mhm. Sure~ If you got a boyfriend, I'm gonna kick your for not telling me." 

"It's not, I swear." She laughed. 

After a while, we all finished the work. Ahhhh~! After a whole week of paper work, we finally got it done! Sungjae went to go put it on the advisor's desk in the teachers lounge. I had to hurry home, so I left first. 

When I arrived, the kids were home already. I relieved Eun Hee from her duties and offered her to stay for dinner, but she kindly turned my offer down and headed for home. I went upstairs to inform omma that I was home and then went into the kitchen and looked into the fridge. 

"Shoot. I forgot to go grocery shopping." I closed the fridge. 

I went upstairs and changed out of my uniform, into a white shirt and black shorts. I told omma that I'll be right back and told the kids to behave themselves. 

"Don't forget to finish your homework before doing anything else!" I exclaimed before leaving the house. 

I pulled on my black hoodie and walked down the road. There was a little shopping area a couple of blocks out the neighborhood. The weather was nice and warm. I went into the market when I arrived and began hunting for food to stock up. 

When I was paying...

"Yah. Buy this for me." A voice said. 

I turned to find Jungkook and frowned. I looked at the item that he wanted me to buy, banana milk. How cute. But then we're talking about Jeon Jungkook and his rude way of asking. 

"Shiro." I said, handing the lady money. 

"I forgot my wallet, just pay for it for me." He said. 

I sighed and ended up buying the stupid milk for him. I walked out of the store with my hands full of bags. 

"Seems like you come here a lot." He said, walking besides me as he drank the milk. 

"What are you, a stalker?" I said. 

He rolled his eyes, "You wish you were stalked by me." 

"Why are you following me." I asked, stopping. 

"Yah. Who would want to follow you? My house is this way too. Don't flatter yourself." He said. 

"Yah. Who's the one who bought you your stupid milk?" I said, walking off. 

We walked in silence. It felt kind of weird. As we were turning around the corner of the street, a couple of guys approached us. 

"Annyeong~" One said in a playful tone. "Oh, is this your girlfriend?" 

I felt a bad vibe coming from them, but I was taken aback from what he said. 

"Mwoh?! Me? His girlfriend? Who wants to date this jerk!?" 

The guy laughed. Jungkook suddenly pulled me back and stood in front of me. I caught his serious expression and didn't question him. I just peeked over his shoulder to see what was going on. The man was smirking now, the playfulness gone from his face. I saw the glint in his eyes as he stared at Jungkook. 

"What do you want?" Jungkook asked. 

I shivered at his icy tone. 

The guy chuckled, "I can't visit an old friend?" 

"We're not friends." He said.

The guy chuckled, "I'm hurt." 

"What the hell do you want?" He asked again. 

"A message from hyung." The guy said. "Meet him tonight at the park at 8 o'clock sharp." 

The group then walked away and I just stood there, confused. Jungkook turned to me with a raised eyebrow and a little smirk. 

"Jerk?" He said in an amused tone now. 

I had to think about it to understand what he meant, realizing that he was talking about what I had said earlier. 

"What? You are a jerk." I said. 

He chuckled, "I'm a hot jerk." 

"Pft. Keep dreaming kid." I said, walking forwards. 

"Rude much?" He chuckled. "Who's hotter than me, then?"

Mark's face flashed in my mind and I started to grin like crazy as I thought about him. I saw from the corner of my eye that Jungkook was staring at me with a raised eyebrow. 

"What?" I asked. 

"Who are you thinking about? Is it me?"

"You wish." I said.

"Who then? Mark sunbaenim?" Causing me to stop. 

"W-W-What?!" 

He smirked at me. "I saw you grinning over him when he helped you out. You have a crush on him, don't you?" 

"A-An-ni..." I was blushing like crazy. 

Am I that obvious?! As we continued walking, Jungkook kept teasing me about Mark, my cheeks were so flustered by then. But after a while, he finally went silent. It was kind of an awkward silence. When we reached a certain point, he suddenly leaned down from behind me. 

"Thanks for the milk, Hye Mi-ssi." He said, causing me to jump. 

"YAH. JEON JUNGKOOK." I exclaimed, only to find him walking across the street and into the other side of the neighborhood. 

I sighed and continued home. All because of Jungkook, I was home later than expected. After dinner, I went into my room and sat down at my desk. I stared at the stack of homework and the textbooks I have to go through. I stretched out my arms and began. 

I looked at the time and saw that it was almost eight o'clock. I then remembered what that guy had said to Jungkook. He didn't seem like a good guy.. And how Jungkook was speaking and looking at him, it seems that they're not in good terms... But I shook it out of my mind and continued my homework. 

8:10pm, and I couldn't stop thinking about what that guy said. 

I slapped my cheeks, "Pabo-yah. Work on your homework." 

But I stood up a couple minutes later and grabbed a jacket. When I went downstairs, I found the kids watching TV. 

"Noona, where are you going?" Kwang Min asked. 

I kneeled down and smiled at him, "Don't worry. Noona will be right back, okay? Hye Jin, you're in charge, arasso?" 

"Deh, unnie!" She called from the living room. 

"Be safe, noona!" Kwang Min frantically waved his arms. 

I grinned and waved back. He closed the door and I was off to the park. I looked at my phone to check the time, 8:20pm. I wonder if everything is okay... When I arrived at the park, it was empty. A rubbed my arms, the cold taking over. I walked around the park for a while. I guess he went home already. 

But I stopped in shock when I saw a group huddling around in the middle of the large field. My brain told me to turn and go home, but my body made me move forward. I was able to see what was in the middle and that the people around were holding bats or wooden sticks. 

My eyes widened when I saw who was in the middle. 

"Jeon Jungkook!" I exclaimed, slapping my hand over my mouth right after. 

All stopped and looked over at me. I slowly walked backwards as I saw one of them coming towards me. 

"Hye Mi, run!" Jungkook shouted. 

But I couldn't stop staring at the bat in the guy hand, how big his build was and how easily he can just catch me. My legs felt like jelly, I was scared out of my mind. But I finally tried running, only for him to sprint after me. He grabbed my arm when he caught me, dragging me over to the group, flinging me into the middle where Jungkook was. I saw how badly he was beaten and didn't even think about the pain I suddenly had on my leg. 

"Gwenchana?!" I asked, helping him sit up.

"Your girlfriend is pretty cute." One said with a low chuckle. 

"I'm not his girlfriend!" I furrowed my eyebrows. 

"Oh? Is that so? Then that's perfect." He grabbed my arm and yanked me up. 

But then I was pulled back down, a fist flying past my face and into the man's. I blinked in surprise as I saw Jungkook up. 

"You little!" Another raised his stick up. 

"Jungkook!" I exclaimed. 

I laid on the floor, tears falling down as I curled over in pain. 

"Hye Mi!" Jungkook shouted, "You ing bastard!" 

My side felt as if I was being stabbed with a bunch of needles, the pain slowly spreading. I've never felt this much pain before in my life. 

After a while, Jungkook was laying by my side and we were both a mess. I was continuously yanked up from the floor and thrown back down. I was kicked a few times, but I'll live... Hopefully... But Jungkook was badly hurt as he laid beside me in much more pain than I was. The group had left when they were satisfied enough.

"Pabo." He said. 

"Yah. I took a blow for you and that's what you say?" I said. 

He chuckled, "And who saved your multiple times earlier."

"Shut up." I lightly punch his side. 

We laid there in the grass, staring into nothing. I could hear the crickets and saw a few stars. I sat up and sneezed, shivering as well. It was a bad idea to come out in shorts... A really bad idea... I should've gotten a thicker jacket too...

I felt something drape over my shoulders and I looked to see Jungkook's jacket. I looked over to him, only seeing him wearing a tank top. 

"Yah. You're going to be sick." I said, giving him back his jacket. 

"Just take it." He said, shoving his jacket back at me. 

I stood up and pulled him up. I forcefully put the jacket around his shoulders and zipped it up. 

"YAH." He exclaimed as he watched me walk off. 

Jungkook followed after me, keep on bugging me to take the jacket. I turned around and pulled the hood over, pulled the strings and tied it. The only thing that was revealing was his nose. 

"This isn't funny!" His voice muffled.

I grinned, trying to hold in my laugh as I looked at him. After he ran into one of the light post, I finally undone the hood and zipped off the jacket. 

I found him glaring at me, but my grin stayed. 

"Yah, Kang Hye Mi! Do you really wa-" But I cut him off. 

"Shut it. Let's go." I said, pulling him forwards. 

We walked down to the nearest convenience store, and I bought a mini medical kit. He waited outside on a bench, and I sat down next to him. 

"Stay still." I said as I began to tend to his injuries. 

He just stared at me, which I found slightly uncomfortable, but I just continued on what I was doing. 

"Apa!" He exclaimed, backing away from me as I cleaned the open cut on the corner of his lip. 

"Yah! Quit being a baby and stay still!" I yanked him back towards me and continued to clean the cut. 

He kept wincing and the ointment I applied apparently burned a lot. 

When I finished, he had a bandage wrapped around his head, arm, and shoulder. A large band aid patch was on his cheek and he had a lot of bruises. I tended to the scrape that begun to sting even more and bleed.  

"Let me see your sides." He suddenly said. 

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Wae?" 

"Yah, you got hit by a stick and kicked. Let me see it, now." He demanded. 

"Shiro!" I said. 

Jungkook rolled his eyes and yanked me over, forcefully lifted my shirt up on the side, only revealing my side and stomach. 

"YAH. JEON JUNGKOOK." I exclaimed.

"You have a large bruise forming..." He said, eyeing my side. 

"What do you expect from being kicked and hit with a stick?! Now let go of my shirt!" I slapped his hand away. 

He knocked the side of my head, "Pabo." 

I hit him on one of his bruise, receiving a glare. We headed home in silence. 

"Thanks again." He said behind me, into my ear.

"AISH. JEON JUNGKOOK." And once again, he was walking down the road. 

I took a deep breathe and tried to let it go, started heading home. Suddenly, I felt his jacket being wrapped around my shoulders once again, and this time, he tied the sleeves. I turned around to yell at him, but only finding him jogging off. I sighed and headed home, but was smiling to myself. Jungkook can actually be quite a nice guy...


A/N: Ayoo~! Sorry if this chapter was a bit random, but I had a couple of ideas in my head and put these two together. Lol. I hope you guys enjoyed it!

Thanks for reading my story! I'll work hard to make sure that you readers enjoy this ^-^ Comments/feedback is much appreciated! I'd like to know how you guys feel about this chapter or story ^-^ Thanks again~!

Saranghae~! <3