04. ATTACK

Good Girl. Bad Boy.

We stood next to each other as we made the food. 

"Yah! Oppa! That's not how you cut it!" I exclaimed, pointing at how he was cutting the onion. 

He furrowed his eyebrow, a small pout forming as he tried to figure out how to do it. 

I laughed at his cuteness, "Aniya! Flip it over and cut it the short side." 

He did as he was told, the chopped onions turning out better than earlier. 

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh." He said. 

I grinned and continued to do my part of the job. After a while, I was cooking the food and Mark was setting up the table. When I was done, he helped me set up the tray for omma's dinner. 

"Young Min, Kwang Min, it's time to eat!" Mark called for them before I could. 

"Hye Jin, time for dinner." I patted her shoulder.

"Ara...sso... Just... 5 more minutes..." She held a tissue to her face as she continued to watch the drama. 

I rolled my eyes, "You better be at the table by the time I come down from omma's room." 

"Deh..." She sniffled. 

"Aigoo." I ruffled her hair and walked away. 

Mark was helping the two little boys with their food. I took the tray from the counter and headed up. I was halfway up the stairs when the tray was suddenly taken from me. Mark walked up ahead and I was stunned, but I followed behind. After chatting a bit with omma, we went back downstairs, joining everyone else at the table. 

"Oh. Who's this?" Hye Jin asked.

I laughed, "If you weren't so glued to your drama, you would've noticed Mark oppa earlier." 

"Are you her boyfriend?" 

I choked on my water, Mark patting my back, attempting to help out. "Yah! Kang Hye Jin!" 

"What?" She asked innocently. 

"He's not my boyfriend." I said, my cheeks already pink. 

Dinner was interesting today. The two boys completely loved Mark. I guess it's because they're surrounded by girls at home. After dinner, the twins played with Mark, while Hye Jin just went back to watching her drama. Mark seemed to enjoy playing with them, and I enjoyed watching them. It's cute seeing him with kids. Who would've thought he'll be good with kids?

"Hyung, hyung! Airplane!" Youngmin exclaimed, hugging around his legs. 

Mark picked him up into the air, causing the child to giggle in excitement. Mark added sound effects as he walked around the room with him in the air. I laughed at the sight. I secretly took out my phone and recorded the moment. Mark caught me and grinned. 

"Youngmin, say hi to your noona." He pointed. 

"Noona, annyeong~!" And Mark flew him closer. 

After a while, I checked the clock. 

"Young Min, Kwang Min, go and brush your teeth. It's time for bed." I said, getting up. "You two need to go tell omma, good night too."

"Awwww. But noona, we wanna play with hyung some more." They both pouted. 

I smiled, "Maybe next time. He's tired, okay?" 

A big grin spreaded on their faces, "Deh~!" 

And then they both ran up the stairs and to change and brush their teeth. Mark and I laughed at how excited they were. When they were done, they rushed back down to say goodbye to Mark. It is late and none of us done any work. 

"You'll come play with us again, right Mark hyung?" The two hugged each leg as they looked up at him. 

Mark grinned at the two, "Of course!" 

"Yay~!!!" 

I laughed. This was the cutest thing I've ever seen. 

I walked out with Mark to the gate of the house. 

"Komawo, for helping with dinner and playing with the boys. They absolutely loved you." I smiled.

He grinned, "No problem. It was fun coming over." 

I laughed, "You should go home now, it's getting really late. You don't live far though, right?" 

"Mhm. Just a bit down the road over that way." He pointed out.

"That's good. Get home safely." I smiled. 

Mark smiled and ruffled my hair, "You should get inside it's cold. See you at school." 

I watched him walk down the road and disappear around the corner. I found myself grinning like a mad person again. I patted both of my cheeks to try to calm myself down. This is probably the best day of my life. 

After making sure that the twins were tucked in and sleeping, I got Hye Jin to turn off her drama and go to sleep as well. After washing up and chatting a bit with omma, I began homework and a few paperwork that I got for upcoming festival. I sighed as I looked at the mess on my desk. I picked up my pencil and begun homework. 

One in the morning, I was only halfway done with work. I put my pencil down and stretched my arms. I rubbed my eyes, feeling super sleepy. But I can't, I must finish... 

Finally, almost four in the morning, I finished everything. I was ready to knock out. I turned off my lamp and climbed in bed, immediately knocking out. 

6:30 in the morning, the alarm went off like usual. I groggily sat off, turning off the alarm and just sat there, eyes closed as the need for sleep lingered. But I got up and headed to the bathroom to shower. I just went by the daily routine; shower, make breakfast, and prepare the twins, omma's, and Eun Hee's lunch. 

When I went to deliver omma her breakfast, I stopped at the door as I heard her coughing. It wasn't a normal cough, it sounded as if she was hacking her lungs out. It pained me to hear this happening, but once I step through this door, she'll act as if she wasn't fazed by the sudden fit. She'll brush it off as if it was nothing, but I know it's not nothing. I knocked on the door before entering. I heard her try to stop the coughing fit, muffling it. 

"Come in." 

When I walked in, I saw her trying to keep from having a fit again. 

"Gwenchana?" I asked. 

She smiled at me and nodded. 

"You look so tired," She changed the subject.

"I didn't get much sleep last night." I explained, placing the tray down besides her. 

"Again? Yah, Hye Mi. You should sleep early." She scolded. 

"I know, I know." I said, standing up. "I'm going to go down now." 

"Arasso. Have a good day at school." She said. 

"Ah. Dr. Jung will be coming today." I informed her. 

"Oh, it's today?" She looked at the calendar on the night stand. 

After eating and everyone went up to say farewell to omma, we headed out for school. As I walked to school, I kept on yawning. Probably the latest I have ever slept in my life. 

But a smile quirked at the corner of my lips. Thinking about how Mark came over was worth it. I bit the bottom of my lips to prevent from smiling like a freak. 

"Annyeong~" A voice called out, causing me to jump.

I turned around, "O-Oppa!" 

"Morning." He greeted. 

"M-Morning." I shyly said. 

Mark was striking up a conversation during the walk, unlike how Jungkook does when we walk. Wait... What? Why am I thinking of him!? 

That irritating smirk of us flashed in my mind. I shook my head and slapped my cheeks. 

"Gwenchana?" Mark suddenly asked. 

"H-Huh? Deh! It's just..." I tried to find an excuse. "It's just that I didn't get a lot of sleep last night."

"Jjinja?" He asked. "Are you going to be okay? 

I smiled at him, "I'll be fine."

He nodded, "That's good." 

I pushed Jungkook aside in my mind and focused on Mark. We continued to talk throughout the whole walk, and was learning many things about each other. As we walked together happily, I didn't know someone was watching us with sad and angry eyes. 

After a while, he returned to his group of friends and I had to go and turn in the paperwork. I exited the teacher lounge with a big smile. There will be no more paperwork for the time being! Since everything is settled now, we just need to prep for the festival! The others will be so happy that we're relieved from work for the time being. 

I walked to my classroom with a happy mood. Mark came over last night, we walked together to school, and now I won't be having stacks of paperwork to do for the time being. 

But that happiness was short lived. I was turning to enter the classroom, but someone was coming out at the same time. I ran into that someone and fell onto the floor. Dumbfounded, I stared up at the person, his cold eyes locking with mine. 

"Gwenchana?" Taehyung unexpectedly asked, holding out a hand. 

I slowly nodded as I took his hands. He then pulled me up with ease, surprising me as I was off the ground within a second. Jungkook, however, didn't apologize or was concerned if I was hurt. 

Instead, "Watch where you're going, pabo."

He then walked off right after and I rolled my eyes at his rudeness. I shouldn't let something as petty as that ruin my mood. But it did, and I sat at my desk with a slight frown. The happy feeling slowly came back as the memories with Mark last night and this morning came back, causing the butterflies in my stomach to act up. I put my head down, keeping my happy feelings to myself. 

During lunch, I caught Mark looking at me and when we locked eyes, he waved. I smiled and waved back. 

Sungjae nudged me on the arm, "He's noticing you~" 

An embarrassed smile spread across my face, "Is that a good or bad thing." 

"Of course a good thing! Pabo-noona!" Sehun laughed. 

"Shut up." I lightly kicked his shin from under the table, the smile growing bigger. "Actually... Mark oppa came over to my house last night." 

"Mwoh!?" All of them exclaimed. 

"SHHHHHHH!!!" I shushed them. 

"Jjinja?!" Hyun Ae asked. 

I nodded, "My dongsaengs absolutely loved him. Especially the boys." 

"Is that so?" Hyun Ae said. 

I looked over at her, our eyes connecting and she smiled happily. 

"That's so great, Hye Mi! You're one step closer!" She exclaimed. 

I laughed, "I guess.. OH YEAH." 

My sudden outburst scared them all, all their attention on me. A few students around looked over as well, and I did a slight bow around as an apology for disturbing their lunch. I turned back to them with sparkling eyes. 

"We don't have anymore paperwork for the time being!" I exclaimed. 

All their eyes widened, and then they rejoiced. 

"MANSAEEEE." Sehun raised his arms. 

I laughed and shushed him, "Preparations for the festival will begin next week." 

"Ughh. But that's just in five days." Sehun pouted. 

"As long as we don't have to write anymore, I'm alright." Sungjae laughed. 

Lunch was spent in a happy mood. They wanted to celebrate after school, but I couldn't. I had to go home and prepare for dinner. Eun Hee will be needing to go soon too. The three of them tried to convince me to go, but I turned it down. 

"Come on~ It's been a really long time since we haven't had any work to do!" Sungjae said. 

"Please~ Hye Mi~" Hyun Ae pouted with puppy eyes. 

I shook my head, "Mianhe. But I need to make dinner." 

They all sighed at my stubbornness. 

"Arasso. See you tomorrow, noona." And they walked off. 

As I was walking, my phone rang. "Yeoboseyo? Hye Jin?" 

"Unnie?" She said through the phone. 

"Mhm? What is it?" I asked. 

"The kids ate all the ice cream. Can you go buy more?" She asked. 

"Already!?" I exclaimed, but a little grin was forming. 

"Mhm. So~ Can you buy that one kind from last time?" I can see the grin on her face. 

I laughed, "The one that you like?"

"Pshhhhh. What are you talking about?" She said. 

I rolled my eyes, grinning at her words, "Whatever. I'll go buy it."

"Jjinja?! Unnie, jjang!" I heard her excitement in her voice. 

"You're washing dishes tonight!" I said. 

"Deh~!" 

"Is Dr. Jung there yet?" I suddenly remembered. 

"Ani." She said. 

"Arasso. When she arrives, tell her I'm out to buy groceries." I said. 

"Deh~" 

Then we hung up. I headed for the little supermarket again. I bought a couple of snacks along with the ice-cream. As I was passing an isle, something caught my eyes. 

"Banana milk.." I picked one out from the fridge. 

But I put it back as that arrogant guy came in mind. Aish. Pabo. Why do you keep thinking of him?! I paid for the things and headed home. 

"Annyeong, Jungkookie girlfriend." A voice came from behind me. 

I froze in my spot upon hearing that chilling voice. I didn't dare to look back and continued to walk on. 

"Oh? You dare to just walk away?" He said. 

I didn't respond and quickened my pace. 

I was then grabbed by my wrist, pulling me back to face them. I wanted to scream and cry when I laid my eyes on them. They were the same people from that night. I trembled in his grasp as he looked at me with those eyes. I felt disgusted as I saw him his lips in lust. 

"L-Let me go." I finally said, trying to pull my hand away. 

He was way stronger than me, and pulled me toward him with great strength. Once I finally got my mind together, I began to fight back. I swung the grocery bag at his face, insanely happy that I bought boxes and bags of snacks for the kids. With the impact from the things in the bag, the guy cried out in pain and released my arm. I took that opportunity to run. I ran as fast as my legs could take me. But that wasn't the end of it. 

"THAT ." The guy exclaimed. 

I heard their footsteps pound onto the concrete behind me. I know I can't outrun them, but at least I had a head start. I didn't know where to go. I can't go home. If they knew where I lived, who knows what can happen. I decided to turn the opposite route of home... The way Jungkook goes. 

I looked around, seeing a part of the neighborhood I have never seen before. 

I don't know what I was thinking, but that's what first came in mind, "JUNGKOOK! JUNGKOOK! JUNGKOOK, PLEASE!" 

Tears were springing from my eyes as I felt myself becoming more and more tired as I ran. I turned a corner and gasped as I saw just a concrete wall. I turned, trying to see if I can escape before they come, but they were already standing there. I was breathing heavily as I backed up to the wall. 

Why is this happening to me? Why me? What have I done to deserve this? I just wanted to go buy ice-cream and snacks for my dongsaengs, and this is what happens. 

"Stupid , you're trapped now." He smirked at me. 

I refuse to let him have his way like this. I swung the bag at them with all my strength. I picked up whatever I could from the ground and threw it at them. 

"DON'T COME ANY CLOSER!" I shouted. 

I saw a metal pole at the corner of my eyes, hidden in the shadows. I slowly inched towards it, immediately picked it up when it was within my grasp. 

I held it in front of me, ready to swing if they come forward. 

"I won't hesitate to use this!" I exclaimed. 

"Go ahead. We've experienced much worse." He was a few feet away from me now. 

I swung the pole around. But then he grabbed it, causing my heart to pound like crazy. He leaned in close to me. 

"Have you ever... Felt a knife go through your stomach?" He whispered in my ear. 

My eyes widened. I wasn't sure if I was shaking from his cold tone or if I was shaking from complete fear. 

"What the ?!" 

"Augh!" 

"You bastard!" 

The man looked back and I took that chance to knee him in the crotch, causing him to topple over as he held that area in pain. 

"You !" He wheezed out on the floor. 

"Jimin! Taehyung!" I exclaimed. "Jungkook!" 

The three turned to me as they finished off their opponents. 

"Gwenchana?" Jimin asked, seeing me in my disheveled state. 

I nodded, walking over to them. 

"Don't think I'll let you go that easily!" 

I turned around in shock, seeing the guy towering over me with the metal pole raised in the air. I squeezed my eyes shut, expecting the pain to come. Instead, I was pulled away and then heard a painful grunt. When I opened my eyes, I found myself safe in Taehyung's hands. But I gasped at what I saw. 

"Jungkook!!!" I exclaimed, seeing him fall down to the ground. 

Jimin rushed forwards and swung his fist at the guy with a lot of force, knocking him out with the single swing. I ran over to Jungkook, kneeling besides him. 

"Jungkook! Jungkook!" I cried out. 

He groaned, "Shut up, will you? I'm not going to die." 

"Are you sure!?" I helped him sit up. 

"I'm sure." He said, rubbing his shoulder in pain. 

I lightly placed my hand on his shoulder, causing him to wince even more. 

"M-Mian!" I said, seeing that it hurt him more. 

The two boys helped him stand up. The two of them were unsteady as well, so I shooed them aside and helped Jungkook walk myself. Fighting the other guys already took enough of an impact for them. Jungkook led us to his home and my jaws dropped as I stared at it. 

"Wae? Is it that surprising?" He said, punching in the code.

His house was huge. It was as if you combined my home with like three other houses! Why didn't I notice this earlier?! 

Well.. I was being chased.. Okay. That's not the point. 

We walked into the house, the inside was more extraordinary than the outside. The ceilings were high. and a large chandelier hung at the middle of the walkway. We went into the living room, which was four times the size of my living room.

The three sat down on the couch, groaning and trying to relieve the pain from their body. 

"Uhm. Where's your first aid kit?" I asked.

"In the bathroom." Jungkook groaned. 

I walked off, but ended up going back to the living room. 

"Where's the bathroom...?" 

"Down the hall on the right." 

I went down the hall, looking around a bit. I looked at the picture frames that were hung on the walls. 

"How cute..." As I looked at the picture of child Jungkook grinning like crazy as he hugged a large dog. 

I walked into the bathroom, gaping at how huge it was. Let's just say, it was the size of my room. I saw my reflection at the mirror and quickly fixed my hair. It stood up everywhere and my face was slightly dirty. After I cleaned myself up, I went back to the living room, carrying the first aid kit in my hands. 

I tended to Jungkook first. I saw the cut on his cheek. I took out the disinfectant, ointment, and the band-aid. 

"How did you even get this?" I said, cleaning the cut. 

He winced as it stung, "He had a knife." 

I stuck on a band-aid after applying the ointment, but then snickered as I saw the band-aid design. It was a Rilakkuma designed band-aid, the little bear arms were wide for a hug. I continued to grin as I tended to other cuts. 

"Wae?" He asked, his eyes showing an amused look. 

"Nothing." I said. "Let me see your shoulder." 

Without hesitation, he took off his blazer and began to his shirt. I slowly became flustered as I finally realized what I said, and what's going on. 

Next thing I knew, he was shirtless. My heart pounded against my chest. I couldn't help but stare at his arms and my eyes trailed down to his stomach. I gulped at the sight of abs. 

"Like what you see?" He smirked. 

I pulled my eyes away and punched his arm, "There's nothing to see."

His smirk remained as he rolled his eyes, "Don't lie to yourself." 

I flicked his forehead and checked his shoulder. The bruise was forming in the shape of the pole and I felt really bad. 

"Does it hurt a lot?" I asked, brushing my finger against it. 

He flinched at the touch, and nodded his head. I bit my lip in guilt as I kept looking at it. The bruise was already turning a purple color. It must've hurt like crazy at the first impact. 

"How's your bruise?" He suddenly asked.

"It's... It's healing." I replied. 

When I was finished with Jungkook, I tended to the other two. 

"Are you hurt anywhere?" Taehyung asked. 

I shook my head, "I didn't get injured." 

He nodded his head. 

"How did you guys find me? Did you hear me?" I asked as I bandaged Jimin's arm. 

"Who wouldn't have heard you?" Taehyung chuckled. 

"I'm pretty sure someone can hear you a mile away." Jungkook smirked. 

I slightly blushed, "Komawo... For saving me..." 

"No problem."

When I was done, I got up and decided to head home. I picked up the grocery bag and looked inside, the ice-cream was melting and I sighed. The boxes were also dented, the bags of snacks probably crushed. I can't go home and say, sorry, I was suddenly attacked and used it as self defense. Well... I can just say I kept dropping it. But what's going to be my excuse when I get home? I shook my head and decided to think about it later. 

"Komawo.. again.." I said at the door, a blush creeping up. "And put on a shirt!" 

"This is my house." Jungkook said. 

I rolled my eyes and exited the house and off his property, the image of his shirtless body still lingering in my mind. 

Aish! Pabo, Hye Mi!



A/N: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I FINALLY GOT THIS CHAPTER DONE! I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT!

So, what do you guys think? Was it a good chapter? I hope you guys are enjoying the story! ^^ And thank you guys for subscribing!!!! 

Comment your thoughts! I love to see your guys opinion about this story ^-^ Thank you for reading! See you guys next chapter!!!!

Saranghae~!!!!