Chapter 3

Anything Could Happen

Next Day
Ring! Ring! Ring!
“Go away!” Nana yelled from her bed lying face down. “Wait!” She instantly got up and picked up her phone. “Hello, this is president Nana from Dream Hotel.” “Yes Nana? This is Maxwell.” “Oh, hi Maxwell! Did you need anything?” “Well, we are hosting an event at the hotel on Monday. I will be there. I was hoping we could meet.” “Ah, yes Maxwell. How do I know it’s you?” “You will know Nana. You will know.” Click. “Woo, that sounded scary.. Anyways um, what happened exactly lastnight? Why is my eyes so swollen?!” She got up and washed her face. Ring Ring Ring! Nana’s phone rang again. “Hello?” “Nana? This is Ken from lastnight.” “Ehh?? Oh yes! About that, I am more than happy to work with you.” “Yeah, but I was wondering if you haven’t ate yet for us to grab breakfast at Katy’s Café.” “Oh that sounds good.” “11:00?” Ken suggested. “Yup sounds good.” Nana sighed… “Hopefully I didn’t embarrass myself!” She thought. 

Katy’s Café 
“Over here Nana!” Ken waved as Nana approached him in the front. “Take a seat, I already ordered us some food.” “Okay thanks, but how?” “I already gave Yuri a call. She told me what you like to eat and drink.” “Ah, yes..” Weird? Nana thought. “So, I heard there’s an event at your hotel. I am invited you know?” “I know, all the big CEOs are invited. Be on your best behavior!” She joked and laughed. “What do you mean? I always am.” He laughed back. Then a figure showed up. Sehun knocked on their table. “Surprise! Sorry to ruin your date but I need to talk to Nana.” Ken stood up, “if it’s not business, then you have no right.” “Yes Sehun, go away.” Sehun laughed, “Dude? I just need 5 minutes or less.” “Well I don’t have 5 minutes.” Nana said and laid back in her chair with her arms crossed. “See?” Ken replied, “So leave.” “Fine.” Sehun left and disappeared at the corner. “So sorry Ken. Me and Sehun actually know eachother.” “Yeah I can tell from lastnight…” “What?” “Oh, I mean just the way you acted around them lastnight.” “Oh yeah, hopefully I wasn’t too crazy.” “You weren’t at all.” He smiled. “Just real…” Nana smiled back. “Well the food is here lets grub! I’m starving!” She said instantly to remove the awkwardness. After they had lunch and talked about their plans ken stood up. “It was nice seeing you Nana. You know you’re so different…” “Save the puppy talk,” Nana joked, “you haven’t seen my evil side.” She laughed. “Well I hope I never do.” He laughed. She gave a hand out and he shook it. “See you Monday night?” Ken asked. “Yes.” She smiled and walked off. 

As she approached the corner Sehun grabbed her. “What the heck!” She screamed. “We need to talk.” He took her to an ally. “Are you going to kill me over May!?” She joked and gave him the smirk look. “No, but I want to talk about it.” “We don’t have anything personal anymore but just business. Keep it that way.” She walked off but he grabbed her back in position. “Then why did you accept my request for your hotel?!” He stared right into her eyes as she looked straight into his. “It’s the money Sehun… It was always the money.” She forced his hands off and walked off leaving Sehun speechless and angry. 

Day of the Event
“So Yuri, you sure I wasn’t crazy that night at the club?” Nana asked Yuri as they both decorated the lobby. “No Nana, but what really happened?” “I saw this girl I used to go to school with. She was talking a lot of crap so I punched her.” “Omg,” Yuri laughed. “If she is here tonight and tries to cause any problem, I swear I will punch her too!” Yuri laughed. “No Yuri, we can’t. This is our event. Well anyways, that’s done. Um tell the guards to only let people on the VIP in. Everyone else renting in this hotel can’t take this hallway. Um, Make sure there is food prepared in 30 minutes before it starts so talk to the chiefs.” “Alright mam!” Yuri laughed. “Stop!” Nana laughed. “This is serious! Alright see ya!” She walked out the lobby and to her office finishing up some paper works. 

Night of the Event
“Stop working Nana…” Yuri said as she came into her office looking so glamorously. “You need to get ready.” “I know Yuri but I am trying to google Maxwell and nothing is coming up but his multi billion hotels?” “Nana, none of us ever seen him before. We are all as blind as you. Just calm down. Everything will be fine.” She handed Nana her red dress. “Here, wear this and curl your hair. I’ll be in the lobby. It’s still 8:00, you have an hour before everyone is here. “Ah, go away Yuri I will hurry!” As she grabbed all her papers and organized them.  

“Okay!” Nana said as she entered the lobby just right before 9:00. There was a dance floor built as well and a mini stage. “DJ, cue!” She said and pointed at the DJ as music starts. “wow Nana! You cleaned up!” Yuri said as she is amazed by Nana and took Nana to the stage. “Now begin your speech as everyone start to settle in their table.” “Yes, I am prepared!” Nana said as she stands on stage infront of the mic. As people walked in she stood there and smile. Ken walks in as well and smiled at her while she waved at him. She also saw Sehun walking in with May, of course. She looked away as if she didn’t see them. She seen many people she didn’t recognized. She cleared as the tables were filled. “Hello, I am Nana, the President of this Hotel. I came up with the name Dream Hotel and I have many generous partners not employees, because they are too worthy to be called that anyways they have helped me build up my kingdom. I’ve worked really hard to be standing here today. And I am sure you all have worked hard as well to be here also. So lets give ourselves a hand of applause!” Everyone starts clapping. Sehun has his eyes locked on Nana. She looked so stunning tonight, he thought. “As I was saying, this event is to introduce each of our companies and accomplishments to each other so we will forever help one another rise. Thank you.” She ended her speech with a slight bow and walked off. Everyone claps as she went to her seat. The MC continued where Nana left off. “Let’s also introduce one of the most powerful business man in the game. Mr. Maxwell!” Everyone claps as he enters the lobby and walked on stage. Nana’s eyes locked on him. Her heart beating as times stopped for a moment in her mind. “Hyunsik…” his name whispered off her lips. “Hello, I’m Hyunsik company of ZEA.” He waved. “I’m honored and flattered. So which lucky lady would like to dance with me tonight?!” He yelled with an excitement as everyone cheered. Sehun’s eyes locked on him as well. “This bastard…” He mugged Hyunsik…  He then looked at Nana. Nana couldn’t believe it… Nana’s been looking for Hyunsik. She has so much to say to him. He saved her. All this time he was Mr. Maxwell? She stood up, eyes still locked on Hyunsik. She walked towards him slowly and curiously. Eyes watered as memories flash. She finally reached the stage realizing that it really is Sik. “Oh,” the MC said, “Ms. Nana would like to dance with Mr. Maxwell!” Hyunsik grabbed her hands instantly and dragged her to the dance floor as everyone cheered. She just followed along still dazed and staring at him. When they got in position to dance she finally spoke out. “sikky?” “Yes Ms. Nana?” “You don’t remember me?” “Ofcourse I do Nana.” “Why haven’ t you ever showed up?” “I had to make sure you were ready to see me. I feel like now is the time.” “But Hyunsik… I have so much to say to you. First let me apologize.. for a million times.” “Ah, it’s fine.” he replied. “I just want you to be okay and you seem fine now.” Nana nod her head.
“How the hell did Sik get rich?!” May said to Sehun as they sat back and watched Sik and Nana dance. “It doesn’t matter now.” Nana continued… “You’re here now and you understand me…” “I won’t go anywhere Nana…” Nana looked up at him. “May I have this dance Ms. Nana?” Ken said with a hand out. “Of course.” Nana agreed. She turned to nod at Sik as he nods back.

Sehun sat back and drank. Memories flashed back.
“Sehun! How long have you been waiting?!” Nana said as she came and sat next to him. “Sehun?” She saw bruises on his face. “Sehun are you okay?!” She started blowing on his bruises on his face. “I’m fine Nana. I have you.” He laughed and fell to the ground. “Sehun!” She grabbed him up. Are you drunk?!” “Nana, how can someone who gave you life hate you so much? How can someone who gave you life disown you?” He laughed. “When I take over his company I will destroy it!!!” He yelled. “Sehun let me take you home.” She walked Sehun around the block to his house. No one was home as always. She punched in the code as the door opened. “Get yourself together Sehun! You know I will always be here for you.” “Nana, I love you..” Sehun said as she laid him on the bed. “But I swear love does not exist… until I met you.” He laughed. “Did you fight your dad?” Nana asked as she took off his shoes. “Ha, he almost died. Why didn’t I just killed that bastard!!!” “Stop it Sehun! Everyone’s life isn’t perfect alright? We all have ups and down. You’re my up! I’m your up! I love you Sehun okay?” “Really?” He grabbed her and pinned her on the bed as he got on top. He then gave her a kiss on the lips. “Sehun stop!” Sehun got rougher and kissed her deeper.  

As Nana danced with Ken she was dazing off too. Memories flashed through her head. Ken rumbles on and she just dazed, now that everyone is under one roof.

When dawn came Nana woke up. Her legs hurted. She saw blood stain on the sheets. She grabbed it and threw it out. She gave Sehun a kiss on the cheeks and left. She didn’t know if she was happy. But as long as he was happy she was happy. She went home and got ready for school. She sneaked out to school fast so her mom would not scold her for not coming home. She didn’t have a phone because of financial issues with her family so she knew her mom would not bother to ask her. She ran to school. May came to pick up Sehun from his house. As she walked in his bedroom, she saw Sehun half . Sehun kept murmuring Nana’s name. She came and sat next to Sehun, “You’re so drunk, look at your bruised face… I love you Sehun…” May then left to school. As she ran to school everyone came up to Nana asking her if it’s true that Sehun and his father don’t get along and if they really fought. “Um..” She murmured. May came up to her. “Nana, is it true? Don’t lie to me.” “Who told you this May?” Nana asked May. May grabbed Nana to the corner. “Nana, tell me everything. Tell me?” “Ah.. yes… But don’t tell anyone! I’m only telling you because you’re his close friend…” “Don’t worry!” May said as she held Nana’s hands. Hyunsik runs up to Nana. “What happened?” “Nothing?” Nana smiled. “C’mon lets go to class.” Hyunsik is Nana’s only friend. Sehun still hasn’t showed up to class. Nana was curious…  

Three days later and Sehun still hasn’t showed up. She went to visit Sehun. She punched in the code but the code was wrong. “huh?!” She punched it again and again and cried. “Sehun!?” she yelled and yelled. “Nana…” May said walking up to Nana. “Sehun left you.” “What? He can’t leave me!” Nana cried. “Whats wrong Nana? You can tell me everything.” “Where did Sehun go? May you see him sometimes right? Can I see him? Where is he?” “Nana, move on. Sehun chose something else over you.” “No, no, no!!!” “What’s wrong Nana? Tell me?” “May… I think I am pregnant with Sehun’s baby?” Nana cried. May rolled her eyes. “What?!” “Please don’t tell anyone!!! Please let Sehun know when you see him!” “Okay okay, I will.” May took off. Days later and still no sign of Sehun. Nana waited patiently. Everytime she see May, she always asks about Sehun. “Sorry Nana, i told him but he said for you to move on because he has…here he even gave you money for you and that child.” May handed out a check. Nana in disbelief ran off. Sehun was kidnapped that morning when Nana left him. His dad’s guards took him and tortured him for hurting his dad. They kept him locked up unless he don’t run the company as planned. He knew he wanted to see Nana but he did not want to give in to his father as well. A month passed and his dad passed away due to illness. His mom asked him to run the company, leave school and undergo training for years. He knew he had to see Nana first. He said he will but he had to see nana first. But things just didn't go as planned as he is now the male figure for his mom.

“Hyunsik…” Nana said to him as they walked home. “I have something to tell you.” She cried. “You will think I am stupid but I did it for love…” “Hyunsik looked at her. “Tell me Nana, I won’t mind.” As they crossed the street Sik kept walking but Nana waited for a little kid to cross with her. As a car came nonstop, she pushed the little boy out of the way and the car hit Nana instead. “Nana!!!” Hyunsik yelled and came back to grab her. The car took off. “Good job Driver Meng.” May said. It was all May's evil little plan. “Nana, Nana, Nana!” Sik shook nana but she only whispered out, “take me to the hospital Hyunsik… My stomach is hurting.” Her legs were covered with blood. “Okay!” He said and carried her to the hospital. 

As they rolled her in the emergency room, Sik waited outside. The nurse and doctor checked Nana and confirmed that it’s a miscarriage. They both came out to see Sik. ”Sorry but your girlfriend has a miscarriage.” “What?!” Hyunsik said lost for words. “We checked and she has medical. The bill is paid. But if you don’t sign and confirm you’re okay with it because you’re the father, we will have to contact her parents.” Hyunsik, still lost for words. “Alright.” He signed and walked in to see Nana alone. Nana slowly woke up. “Sik?” She smiled. “Am I okay?” “Yeah Nana, you’re fine. Don’t move too much.” “Can you not tell my parents?” “Of course I won’t.” “Sik?” She touched her stomach… “Hyunsik!?!” She started screaming. “Where’s my baby?! Is it still here?!” Hyunsik cried. “Nana, you’re sucha silly girl. Why did you do this to yourself.” “Hyunsik?!” Nana cried and cried. The doctors came and held Nana down as they injected her. She laid calmly. “Where is my baby?!” The doctor confirmed her, “You had a miscarriage.” “Huh?” Nana said calmly because the medicine was kicking in… “No, no, no, no…” She whispered as she fell into a deep sleep. Hyunsik is sitting outside feeling bad for Nana. “Hyunsik,” the nurse said, “in an hour you may go back inside. She will be up.” He nods.

Where the hell is SEHUN!?! He thought. That bastard! He clinched his fists. An hour passed and he went back inside. “Nana?” Nana turned to look at him… She cried but she’s more calm. “Sik, why did this happen to me? What did I do to deserve this?” “Idk nana, but I am here.” Nana nod. 

After graduation, Nana decided to go to college abroad. She intended to keep in contact with Hyunsik, but seeing him just reminded her of her unborn child. She left Hyunsik without any word.