Chapter Two

I'll Be There

"Push!" Youngmin urged the group irritatedly. He wasn't exactly pleased with the progress we had made in the last ten minutes. Not that he was helping us or anything. Youngmin was just standing there, walking along. Even I was helping out! Everyone sent him a glare and continued to push at the same pace. 

"Well, maybe if you were helping, we would have been there already!" Hyunseong complained. His comment recieved much approval from everyone and Youngmin defended himself weakly.

"T-there's no more room! I can't push!" I snickered and stepped away from the car, gesturing to my spot.

"There you go." I sang and he pouted at me with all his might but I just rolled my eyes at him. Youngmin groaned and slid between Minwoo and Donghyun with much difficulty. I stood there and watched them for a few seconds, finally noticing that there really was no room.

"Hey guys? Maybe some of you should stop, there's no room to really move." I told them. Youngmin was the first to spring up and the first to be forced back down by his friends. Donghyun and Minwoo were the lucky ones and started walking beside me while the others pushed. 

"So, what school are you guys going to, anyway?" I asked, trying to make conversation. 

"Well, I'm in college, but I'll be working part-time in a coffee shop. Everyone else will be at an all boys school, I think. Right, Minwoo?" Donghyun informed me while turning slightly to Minwoo at the end. Hyunseong turned to look at Donghyun with a shocked face.

"A-all boys school?" He asked, stuttering out of fright. Everyone nodded, excluding me of course, and he almost dropped right onto the ground. 

"No girls?" He groaned depressingly. I giggled and Jeongmin slapped the back side of his head. I turned back to Minwoo and Donghyun once Hyunseong calmed down, and inquired more on the subject.

"Which one?" Before Donghyun could answer, Minwoo spoke up.

"I think it's the one right next to the all girls school!" He cheerfully concluded. I nodded and then came into sudden realization. My head snapped up and I turned to them excitedly.

"That's probably next to my school then! I go to the all girls school that's next to the all boys school!" Minwoo smiled happily and clapped his hands animatedly. 

"Yay! I have a friend here now!" He sang. I giggled but then asked about the rest of his group, which he cutely replied while gesturing to them,"These guys? Ew. You're a much better friend!" Donghyun whacked him lightly on his arm and he chuckled.

After switching pushers twice, Youngmin never got to take a break, and twenty-two minutes, we finally made it back to the house. The boys opted to stay outside, not wanting to intrude. I headed inside to find update my mother on the situation and then went to find a spare tire. While in the garage, that doubled as a storage room--for everything--I peeked out one of the windows to check on the group of boys. Hyunseong was trying to pounce on Donghyun to get a piggy back ride, Minwoo was trying to stop Hyunseong, and Youngmin was conversing with Jeongmin, who was sitting on the car lazily. Nodding, I backed away and started my search to find a usable tire.

When I had finally found one is the cluttered mess, it just had to be too high up. I tried reaching up on my tippy-toes, that didn't work. Puffing my cheeks out in annoyance, I looked around the room for anything stable I could stand on. Settling on a box that didn't budge when I hit it with my hand several times, I dragged it over and cautiously stood on it. Regardless if it seemed like it would hold, I reached up for the tire slowly. My hands brushed it before I suddenly lost balance and fell backwards. 

I closed my eyes and waited for the impact but all I heard was a soft "Oof" and a pair of cold yet warm arms around me. I let a shaky breath out and slowly opened my eyes.  I stared right into Minwoo's worried pair of eyes and scared facial expression as I digested the thought that I was still alive. Minwoo let out a silent chuckle, more of a relieved breath really, and we both finally took in our current position. It was a mix between a dip in dancing and someone holding you bridal style, only my feet were on the box.

Blushing, he set me down awkwardly. We both sort of laughed inwardly until Hyunseong intervines.

"Why are you two just standing there? Did you get the tire yet?" He asked casually. Minwoo reached up and sucessfully brought the tire down without trouble. He half smiled at Hyunseong and raised it a bit.

"Got it." He stated. Hyunseong nodded and headed back out. We, a slightly blushing Minwoo and a disoriented me, followed suit and soon exited the garage. When we arrived outside, Jeongmin was crouching down by the place where the popped tire was, with a handful of tools.

He looked up at us and spoke,"Finally! I was waiting forever." I noticed the tired was already taken out and Minwoo weakly handed him the new one. We glanced at each other and somehow ended up sitting on the few steps leading up the door while Jeongmin was fixing the car. No one was interrupting us because they were all watching Jeongmin. 

"So, Jeongmin knows about cars, huh?" I ask meekly, not sure how to start conversation. Minwoo looked at me, and then back at his hands. He sighed and looked at me again.

"Are you okay?" He asked, ignoring my unimportant question. I gave him a small smile and nodded slowly.

"Thanks to you, I am. How'd you.." I drifted off, not knowing how to properly ask the question. 

"I was looking for you, and I bumped into your mom. She told me where you were and when I got there you were on that box. I saw it start to crumple or something so I walked faster but then you fell off it and I guess I was moving like Superman or something." He explained comically. I laughed at his joke at the end and as my laughter died down, I whispered rather loudly,"Thank you." He looked at me and smiled gently.

"No problem." I was about to reply when the sound of the car starting up made us both jump. We both looked over to see everyone in the car except for Minwoo. He shifted awkwardly and slowly stood up. 

"Thanks for the tire, and um.." He tried to say good-bye but I stood up quickly, silencing him.

"I'll be waiting by the tree after school. Meet up with me?" I told him, not waiting for an answer as I ran up the steps and entered my house. I peeked out the window discreetly and watched as Minwoo nodded to himself while also scratching his head confusedly. I smiled slightly, knowing he would know exactly which tree I meant. He got into the car and they questioned him a bit before driving off. Hyunseong, who was sitting in the front seat, had a map so they wouldn't get lost again. 

I watched the car until I couldn't see it anymore and left to find my mom, who was stuffing her face with the rest of the ice-cream while reading a parent magazine article about what to do when your child starts to fall in love.

"That isn't for me, right?" I excliamed as she failed to hide it and smiled up at me sheepishly. 

"Mom!"


I think this chapter was longer. The story is developed a bit more and I'm kind of foreshadowing Minwoo's and your/her relationship. 

CAN YOU GUESS WHAT IT IS? Haha... I'm a crazy nugget. 

Please please please leave a comment telling me what you thought. I got one from the last chapter.... and that was because I kind of forced my dongsaeng to read it and comment. 

SO I'm continuing this story and I'm sort of babbling... I'll be off now!

PLEASE COMMENT. ==.