Chapter 8

Suzette [indefinite hiatus]

“Yongsun! Yongsun unnie!” Byulyi called, snapping the older girl out of her stupor. 

 

“Y-yes?” Yongsun looked quizzically at Byulyi, noticing that their hands were still linked. Byulyi’s face drew nearer to her, and she started to find it hard to breathe.

 

“Are you okay?” The younger girl asked, lifting her bangs and placing her forehead on Yongsun’s. “Your temperature is no joke! Are you not feeling well? Do you need to rest? We can call Irene-sshi, and tell her that you can’t make it today.” These concerned questions were missed by Yongsun, who could only register how close Byulyi’s face was to hers, and in particular how alluring her lips were at that particular moment, and how nice and fresh her breath smelled despite just having breakfast. 

 

“Hellooo, Earth to Yongsun-nim.”

 

Yongsun quickly lurched back, losing her balance in the process. Byulyi swooped down, smoothly catching her with one arm. They stayed, immobile, for about five seconds, until someone tapped Byulyi on her shoulder.

 

“Excuse me, but… what are you two doing in the middle of campus?” A female voice inquired curiously. That sounds familiar, Byulyi thought. Pulling Yongsun up to a standing position, she turned around, and came face-to-face with…

 

“Seulgi!” She exclaimed. Delightedly surprised, she grabbed the younger into a hug. “Are you headed to dance practice now?” Byulyi slung an arm over Seulgi’s shoulder, starting some friendly banter. 

 

Observing their affectionate gestures, Yongsun felt a twinge of envy. Stop it! She told herself. You two aren’t even dating. Heck, you don’t even know whether she sees you that way.

 

“Oh, by the way, this is Yongsun-unnie,” Byulyi introduced, gesturing to Yongsun. “Unnie, this is Seulgi. She’s one year younger than me.” She enthusiastically grabbed Seulgi’s hand and waved it. The two girls bowed to each other awkwardly, with Yongsun noting the comfortable hand-holding between the two. 

 

“Are you two headed somewhere?” Seulgi scrutinised the couple, trying to infer their intentions. Their position when we met was just so strange, she thought. It was as if they were on some kind of dancing program, and were doing a final pose for a sensual tango.

 

Byulyi, fingers still firmly interlocked with Seulgi’s, swung their hands relaxedly. “Yongsun unnie’s going to practice at the dance studio, so I thought I’d tag along.”

 

“Hah! I knew it. You wouldn’t go to dance practice this early.” At Seulgi’s words, Byulyi pulled a face while Yongsun smirked.

 

Byulyi tugged her hand out of Seulgi’s. “We’re not friends anymore,” she announced, pretending to be hurt. Catching Yongsun’s glance, she grinned, nose muscles scrunching up. “I don’t need you, Seulgi. I have Yongsun unnie right here,” Byulyi teased, throwing her arms out to tightly hug the girl and snuggling into her neck.

 

What the hell, Moon Byulyi, stop doing this to me. Yongsun, in an attempt to shove away any further ideas about Byulyi being intimate with her, decided to play along. “Hah, as if! Why would I want this grease ball?”

 

At those words, Byulyi immediately drew back her head to stare at Yongsun. “Did you mean that?” Her tone held not a single trace of humour in it, and the older girl twitched nervously by the sudden change of mood.

 

“Um, shall we go, then?” Seulgi jumped in, saving Yongsun from her unintentional mistake.  Seizing a handful of Byulyi’s shirt, Seulgi started running towards the studios, leaving Yongsun behind.

 

What was that all about?

 

                                                                                               ************************************ 

 

“Ah, this feels good,” Byulyi sighed happily, eyes closed. She was lying on the wooden floor of the dance studio, allowing the cool air-conditioned air to wash over her body. Her hair was spread out like a fan, and she moved her limbs as if making a snow angel. Her eyes flew open when she heard sharp, popping noises.“Seulgi, stop doing that,” she whined.

 

The girl in question looked down as she carried out some warm-up stretches, with joints emitting some rather loud and undesirable sounds. “It’s not a crime to warm up, unnie,” she said, putting her hands on her hips. “And also, what are we doing in this dance studio? We don’t dance here.”

 

Rolling over, Byulyi propped her head up on the edges of her palms. “We’re accompanying Yongsun unnie, remember?” Tilting her head towards Yongsun, who was humming and warming up her vocal cords, a soft smile unconsciously formed on her face.

 

“But Yongsun-sshi, why are you waiting here? I mean, don’t Music majors usually practice in music rooms or recording studios?” 

 

“Well, yeah, but my partner asked me to meet her here, since she’s actually a Dance major,” Yongsun replied. Seulgi frowned; this particular dance studio seemed very familiar, and she was sure that she had seen that one yoga mat in the corner, in the exact shade of purple that a certain someone she knew owned…

 

“I’m here!” A gentle voice called from the doorframe of the studio. 

 

Seulgi’s head whipped around at that exclamation. . Scrambling close to Byulyi, she whispered, “Unnie, we have to get out of here. Right. Now.” Ignoring Byulyi’s confused expression, she forcibly separated the older girl from her spot on the floor, but it was too late.

 

“Irene!” Yongsun pulled the newcomer into a hug. Irene, looking over Yongsun’s shoulder, met Seulgi’s eyes. Her own pair narrowed into slits, and did not waver as she extracted herself from the hug.

 

As Irene took slow steps towards Seulgi, the latter uneasily shuffled back. Yongsun and Byulyi looked on, not comprehending the situation. “Irene and Seulgi know each other?” Yongsun hissed to Byulyi.

“Yeah, I think they’re flatmates or something.”

“But why are they acting like that?”

“I wish I knew, but I feel a sense of impeding doom….”

“This is not a safe place to be.”

“Should we run away? Elope?”

“Don’t be weird,” Yongsun muttered in response to Byulyi’s poorly timed attempt at flirting.

 

A bang grabbed their attention, and they turned to see Irene pinning Seulgi against a wall of the dance studio lined with mirrors. The look in Irene’s eyes were one of murder, as the taller girl trembled where she stood . Witnessing this scene unfold, Yongsun and Byulyi simultaneously had the same thought.

 

Crap. What mess have we created now?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Notes:
1. I really wanted to finish writing a chapter in time for this week, but I'm seriously unsatisfied with the quality, so edits might happen.
2. MOOSICAL. HOLY WHEESUS. THE FANCAMS. THE AUDIOS. I am DECEASED. #ybacksolar
3. I can't stop listening to Never Letting Go now.
4. Most of y'all ship Seulrene, I see. Any recommended Seulrene-y vids? I want to know more about who I'm writing about, and their dynamic. :D
5. I'm also in the midst of planning yet another MMM fanfic, since I have some writer's block for this story, maybe I can think about other stories instead? So I was wondering, should this *other* fanfic be just MMM-only, or bring other characters from other groups/solo artists? Any suggestions? (P.S. I'm still 100% MoonSun, so the ships won't be changing probably. Just wondering.)
6. I like to be in contact with my subscribers and readers, so if you have anything that you'd like to say, please leave your messages in the comments below! Thank you for reading!