Chapter 13

Suzette [indefinite hiatus]

Today was the oddest day ever for a certain gentleman named Eric Nam. He was accosted in front of his faculty building by two zealous ladies, one of whom he recognised as a fellow guitar enthusiast, and then was dragged away to a pod in the library. There, they proceeded to lay out a rather detailed plan about pretending to date someone in order to deceive another, and he couldn’t even fit a word in to offer any enquiries. He did, fortunately, understood the gist of their story, and came to the conclusion that this would be quite a fun and interesting thing to do in his last year of university. And boy, at his age, such excitement rarely came about, what with all the assignments that threatened to drown him in a whirlpool of boredom.

 

So he agreed to assist them in whatever way he could. The short-haired curvaceous woman, Hyejin, had texted the other party involved in this scheme, and confirmed that it was consensual from both sides. Here they waited now, on the ground floor of the library, a small trio in the midst of extremely noisy groups of students.

 

“When is she coming?” Wheein — Eric’s junior who was in his guitar club — whined, and flopped over onto her other side, her head nestled on Hyejin’s lap. Hyejin, in the meanwhile, was playing with her girlfriend’s hair, running her fingers through the hazel-brown mane. The three of them sat there then, and listened to the multiple voices that buzzed around them.

 

Hyejin’s pocket suddenly started vibrating then, and the handphone inside it hit Wheein’s head due to the unfortunate proximity. Snickering, Hyejin took out her phone to check the incoming call. “Ah, it’s Yonghee-unnie. Hello?” She nodded and hummed as she listened to the voice on the line. “Oh, the stall? Okay.”

 

Hyejin patted Wheein’s head to alert the girl. “She says to go to the stall instead, because they don’t have much free time to leave their stations.” 

 

Rising from where she lay, Wheein yawned and stretched, then stood up and pulled Hyejin off the cushioned seats. Extending her other hand to Eric, the bright girl smiled her trademark cheeky grin. “Let’s go!”

 

************************************************

 

“So, you mean to tell me that Yongsun-sshi works around here?” Eric asked curiously, looking around with great interest as he trio stood in the long queue that s around the rows of shops that grounded themselves near the crêperie. He stared through one of the display windows that lined the street and slid a finger down the glass pane, tracing the petals of a particularly bright sunflower that was blooming prettily under the steady gaze of the sun.

 

“Yeah,” Hyejin answered, attention diverted by Wheein and the numerous videos of cats she found on Youtube. When she turned around to see how Eric was holding up standing for a long time, he had vanished from his spot. Panicking, she shook Wheein’s arm. “Hey. Where did he go?”

 

The shorter brunette turned around, though her reaction was not as hysterical or dramatic as her girlfriend’s. “Excuse me,” she ventured, her question directed towards the person directly in line behind them. “Did you see where the dude standing behind us went? He’s supposed to be with us, you see.” The student nodded and pointed towards the shop that Eric was standing next to, informing them that their senior had seen something in the display window and hopped in to buy it. He had asked the boy behind him to save his place in the line as he’d only be a short while.

 

As the student explained the sudden disappearance of Eric to the girls, the man himself popped out of the florist shop, a bouquet of sunflowers in hand. “I just thought she might like it,” he muttered bashfully under the intrigued gazes of the duo.

 

“You should’ve gotten roses,” Wheein teased, “being the romantic you are.”

 

“Ah…” Eric frowns at the sunflowers in his hand, trying to remember why exactly he chose these flowers. “That’s because Yongsun’s name reminds me of the sun, and I’ve heard she has quite the bright personality, so…”

 

Hyejin immediately pretended to swoon, leaning on Wheein for support. “He’s a genius! A romantic genius!” Eric’s face quickly turned pink, and he shuffled his feet in embarrassment and tried to refute the statement, but Wheein agreed with the other girl’s exclamation. The teasing continued until they were nearly approaching the start of the line, just two spots away from the stall. The male senior hurriedly hid the bouquet behind him when he saw Yongsun and Yonghee managing the business, but couldn’t help admiring the speed and efficiency that the duo worked at. Noticing his rather obvious stare, Wheein nudged Hyejin and winked suggestively.

 

When Eric stepped up to the counter, Yongsun had already started to talk to the hotplate in front of her, naturally assuming that her classmate was the one standing in front of the shop. “Oh my gosh, Hyejin, I’m so sorry, we’re just so busy here neither Yonghee-unnie nor I had the time to take a break. Did you bring your sunbae here, anyway?”

 

“Um,” the man in question cleared his throat. “Yes, they did.” Behind him, Wheein and Hyejin giggled like a pair of silly schoolgirls, laughing at Yongsun’s unintentional idiot moment. Yongsun’s head whipped around to look at Eric, and her dropped open in an ‘O’.

 

The slim brunette gaped wordlessly, causing her older sister to nudge her as a reminder to flip the almost-burnt crêpe on the plate. “Hi, my name’s Yonghee,” she extended her hand to shake Eric’s. “Are you supposed to be my little sister’s boyfriend?”

 

“Well, yes, miss. Or so I’m told.” His reply made the older woman smile; she was enthralled to have such a person be Yongsun’s (faux) boyfriend, what with his charming words and good looks. Yonghee pulled Yongsun to the front of the stall, exchanging places with her.

 

“Hi, I’m Yongsun.”

 

“Hello,Yongsun-sshi. My name’s Eric Nam, and, well,” he revealed the bouquet of sunflowers he was hiding behind his back. “I got these for you, I hope you like them.” He gave her a wide, disarming grin as she took them from his hands, and Yongsun felt a small twinge in her heart. She brought the flowers close to her nose; they smelled as lovely as their appearance was. 

 

“Thank you,” Yongsun said as she hid her face amongst the flowers, hoping he wouldn’t see her face start to tinge with the colour of fresh roses.

 

Just a few steps away, three people behind in the queue, Byulyi glared at the couple, her eyes burning with shock and fury.

 

 

 

 

 

___________

a/n:
lol hi guys just a filler chapter here
am writing another mamamoo fic called A Wandering Lostness i'll put the link here later []

p.s. hi ponyo