CHAPTER 4 - SEAL

Autumn Souls

 

Chapter 4

Same as Ren, Saki also went to school early. She really put an effort on waking up early for she’s known as the top student on the late students list. She had to apologize to Yuu no matter what it takes.

She immediately went to the science laboratory. It was Yuu’s favorite hangout place. He will go to school early and spend his time sleeping on the lab.

Saki slowly opened the door of the sci-lab. Her intuition was right. She found him sleeping on the row of chairs. She quietly went near him, folding her legs so she can level herself on his face. A smile pasted on her lips as she examined him. Yuu is really handsome, well except for his hatred for women. She couldn’t blame him. They had been together since childhood. She, Yuu, Ren and Haru. Saki was aware that Haru like him but the latter pleaded to keep it a secret. That’s why Yuu wasn’t aware that Haru like him. She couldn’t resist Yuu, she’s at fault anyway. Other than Ren, he’s also the star of SUMMIT. He played as the drummer of the group. His face was really famous to the girls. Unlike Ren, he possessed a more masculine feature.

“How long are you going stare at me? You .”

Saki was surprised when his lips suddenly scribbled some words. He opened his eyes and met her gaze. She was startled and blushed for her face was only a few inches away from his. Clearing , she stood up.

“What brings you here again?” He asked and looked at me directly to her eyes.

When she needed some help, the science laboratory was the place where he could be found her best resort. She’s really spoiled to Yuu. They were close, unlike she and Ren. It’s not that they were on a relationship. He likes Yuu, but only as a friend.

Saki took a deep breath, while the other already stood up.

She bowed her head and bent 90 degrees. “Yuu, look … I’m sorry for what happened yesterday. I didn’t mean to.”

Yuu remained silent.

“I’m really sorry.”

Still no response from him. She was surprised when she felt his hand on her shoulders and slowly tried to rise her upper body until their eyes meet each other.

“You don’t need to apologize. Don’t worry.” His sweet voice hugged her tensed body.

“W-What?”

“I’m not angry if that is what you think. Hmm. maybe a little, but not to the extent that you need to bow down like that.”

“But I offended you.” She said, panicking. “I must think your feelings first before I did that. I know you’re not yet ready to face girls because of --”

Her sentence was cut off when Yuu’s hands left her shoulders and suddenly cupped her face. Her eyes widened and she felt her face went hot.

“Calm down, okay?” He stared at her eyes as if he was pleading that never to say sorry again, that everything is alright.

As if she was being hypnotized by Yuu, Saki nodded. He smiled and his hands released her face.

“I’m sorry also for acting like a coward and spoiled brat yesterday. I’ll try to work on your scheme.”

Her eyes beamed with happiness. “Really?! OMG Yuu! You’re really gonna do it?”

He nodded. “I gave a long thought about it,  I can’t be like this forever.”

She threw herself to him and gave him a hug. He was surprised of what she did. Uncertain of what will he do, his arms slowly wrapped the petite closer to his body. His hands cupped the back of her head and gently patted her hair.

“Thank you Yuu!” She said and hugged him tightly.

Yuu bitterly smiled. He knew that it was just a friendly hug. He knew that Saki will not be his, for she like Ren for a long time. He’s aware of it.

“Yes, yes. I can’t breathe Saki.” he said.

She suddenly released him and her face was painted with red hue. “S-Sorry.”

“I’ll do it because I have your consent. But always remember, I’ll never kiss any of our fangirls …” he leaned forward , leaving a few space between their faces. He gave a very serious look. “…especially in front of you.”

“Eh?” Saki was surprised and she felt her heartbeat starts another race inside her.

Yuu just smiled and left her.

‘What is that? Eh?

Confused, Saki followed the retreating figure of Yuu.


 

…+...

Ren’s POV

It’s already lunch break and the whole SUMMIT where on the rooftop, as usual they were teasing with each other.

“Ayieeee Saki already answered ‘YES’ to Yuu.” Kei teased the mushroomed hair as he saw the two of them were already okay.

“W-What are you talking about?!”Saki blushed when she heard Kei’s statement.

On the other hand, Yuu was silently eating his lunch.

Kei and Ryo continued to tease the two while Ren was sitting farther than them. Saki noticed it and went to his direction.

“Ren! Are you okay?” She asked. “We’re having fun here but your mind is not with us.”

“Did you find it?” Ryo asked pertaining to the bracelet he lost.

Ren sighed. “I already found it. I just miss Haru.”

Everyone remained silent when he mentioned Haru’s name.

“You still blame yourself?” Saki asked.

“Still not move on?” Yuu seconded.

He nodded. ‘How can I moved on if I remember her every time? ’.

“Dude, it’s not your fault.” Kei comforted him.

“But if I hadn’t --”

They were surprised when Ren cut his sentence because Saki hit the back of his head.

“Ouch ! Why the heck did you do that?”

She sighed and cupped his face. “Ren, listen. Kei is right. No one is blaming you for what had happened before. It was an accident. Yes, it still hurts that Haru is not with us now, but we are not blaming you. So stop thinking negatively.”

Ren looked at them. They were smiling. Maybe its just him who thought negative things. Ren smiled then nod. “Thank you everyone.”

“By the way, who returned your bracelet?” Ryo asked.

“Her name is Mia. She’s from class D.”

“Mia?” Kei’s brows knot on the middle of his forehead. He’s also from class D. “Are you sure?”

“Yup. She said it.”

“I don’t have a classmate named Mia.”

Ren’s brows drew a knot on his forehead. “What?”

“Maybe she’s just playing a trick on you. Swear, I do not have a classmate named Mia.”

“Dunno. But why would she lied to me?”

“Maybe he’s your fan?” Yuu asked.

Ren just shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know.”

“Well at least you already got you bracelet back. Haru will be mad for sure if you lost it next time.” Saki teased.

They just continued their lunch. When Ren already finished his food, he suddenly decided to drop by at the old dormitory. He still have a one yakisoba pan to give it to her.

“I’ll go ahead.” He said and went out of the rooftop. He didn’t wait for them to respond for sure they will tag along and if they saw Mia.

Ren rushed to the old dormitory. The old dormitory was still creepy as ever but it didn’t stop him from entering it. His mind was full of curiosity over Mia’s identity. Maybe he was attracted to her physically. Well who wouldn’t be? She’s a real beauty. But there was something about her that made him feel like this.

“M-Mia?”

Silence answered his inquiry. He searched the other rooms but she’s nowhere to found. ‘Maybe she’s already in her class.’

Ren screamed when he turned around and saw Mia, standing at the door, wearing a serious face.

“Woah! You surprised me!” Ren said, cupping his chest, for he felt a sudden race ongoing inside him.

She stepped closer to him.

“Why Mia? Is there something---”

He didn’t have the chance to  finish his sentence for Mia’s lips already touched his. Her lips were cold but it gave him a sweet sensation. Shades of red were seen on his burning face. The kiss lasted for a few seconds, leaving his mind in a state of confusion.

“From now on, we will always be together.” She said with a wide smile.

How can she still smile after kissing me? Someone who she met a few hours ago.’ He thought.

“Wh-Wh-Why did you do that?”

“Don’t tell me it's your first?”

Ren blushed. Yes, it was his first kiss. He was embarrassed to the fact that a girl took the initiative to kiss him.

“Omg! Are you serious?” She was amused by his reactions.

“Why did you do that in the first place?” He asked, annoyed.

She smiled. “Because I like you.”

BOOM! How can she be so straightforward?! His heartbeat suddenly raced upon her confession.

She laughed. “You really believe it? Don’t worry I am already engage.” She showed her ring finger with a gold thin metal plate on it.

“My fiancee’ made that painting for me.” She pointed the painting behind him. Ren looked over on his back. “That’s is why I am stucked here, waiting for him.”

“Waiting?”

“Yes. Hmmm well, its just this and that. I really can’t explain it right now until we sealed the contract.”

“Contract? Between us?” Ren was already drown with too much vague information he got from her.

“Yes dear. Ooh wait, we already kiss right?”

“Huh?! Ah-- well… yeah.. You kissed me.”

“It means we already sealed it.”

“Wh-What? Look, I  don’t get you… well everything you said.”

“You will learn it later.”

“Later? Why later? Why don’t you spill it out now?” He held Mia’s arms for he was already confused of her real character. He was surprised when he felt her cold thin arm on his hand. Her skin was more subtle than this morning. She was light, as if he wasn’t holding anything. He checked her wrist and found no marks of veins flowing from his body.

“Woah relax.” She said and removed his hand.

“Can I ask a question?”

“You’re already asking.”

“Sorry. Are you really from class D? I have a friend who’s also the same class with you. He said he didn’t have a classmate named Mia.”

She just gave him a laugh as an answer. “Seriously, are you a stalker?”

“No! It’s not that. Well I’m just curious. It’s the first time I saw you here on our school.”

“Even if I tell you who the real me is, you wouldn’t understand.” She walked away from him and went beside the windows. “Because you’re scared to the likes of me.”

‘Me? Scared to the likes of her? Why? Who the heck is she?’

“You don’t need to think of anything. You’ll know it on the right time.”

Ren couldn’t really understand her.

“Are you often here?”

She nodded.

“Favorite place?”

“Yes.”

“Are you not scared of this place?” He was curious because she’s still a girl and this is the farthest place inside the school premises.  What if there are other students or an outsider who will attack her?

“Nope. Why would I?”

“This place is not suited for girls like you. We didn’t if someone will come to this place and attack you.”

She grinned. “Are you perhaps… concerned about me?”

Instead of getting annoyed, he was amused by her actions. She’s really a not ordinary girl. She’s too bubbly, too straightforward, too naughty… but it seems there is something about her that makes her differ from the others. He really couldn’t figured it out.

“I-I … well… hmm maybe? Not sure?”

To be honest he didn’t knew what the right answer is. Maybe he’s just concerned for she’s a girl and the place is not safe for her to kill time.

She just smiled and grabbed his hand, showing the bracelet wrapped around his wrist.

“As long as you wear this, I will not leave you. I will be by your side whatever happens.”

“What?”

‘Okay, this is too much for a confession.’ He thought.

“Look Mia, I’m sorry but you misunderstood me. I don’t have this special feelings for you. I’m just concerned as a … errr.. Well schoolmate. And I already had someone I love.”

“I know.”

“What?”

“I can sense her in this bracelet. Don’t worry I don’t have feelings for you at all. Your reactions were funny whenever I teased you.”she laughed and released his hand. “You couldn’t forget her?”

“Couldn’t what?”

“Why don’t you move on with your life? She’s not here anymore right? Forget her.” Her cold words suddenly snapped on his mind.

He clenched his fists to control his temper. Anger strike him because of her words. As if it was easy to move on after what happened to Haru.

“You can’t bring back the things as they were before Ren. Once you died, its over.”

“Shut up.”

She looked at him seriously. “Why? Are you already mad?”

Those were the words that pricked his limits. “You don’t have the right to say those words to her. You’re also not in the place to tell me what should I do or not. You don’t know me. We just knew each other for half a day… you don’t know what you’re saying.” Low but his voice were filled with anger as he said those mean words to her.

Instead of feeling sorry, she counterback him. “I know what I am saying Ren. I really do.”

He looked at her eyes. He couldn’t read what expressions she’s wearing. Too many emotions can be seen on her but he noticed the loneliness, pain, and longingness. He knew that she’s just holding her tears that were starting to form on her eyes.

“What you feel, I also experienced it. Everyday, I always visit this place, reminiscing the past. I felt happy during my stay here, but at the end of the day… sadness filled me inside. For I know, things will not be the same as before.” She continued.

Ren was about to say something but he heard Saki’s voice.

“Ren?”

He grabbed Mia’s hand and hide at back of the door. He can feel her hands were trembling. ‘Maybe because of what their conversation went through, she remembered her fiancé’. Ren thought. He felt sorry for what happened to her fiancé. He tightly held her hands and watched Saki’s moves. In the first place, he shouldn’t hide in front of Saki, but knowing her nature, she will flood him questions if she saw them here. Ren didn’t want that to happened, that’s why he decided to hid themselves. After a few minutes, he heard her footsteps leaving the old building. He sighed in relief and looked beside him to check Mia. But to his surprise, she was not there. He glanced at his hands. As far as he remembered he was holding her hand tightly, and now she disappeared like a … wait… GHOST?

He panicked upon thinking of it and he dashed out of the building. He doesn’t want any negative thoughts as of this moment. He held her hand, they talked, and she kissed him. ‘I can feel her. She’s alive right?’

Ren shook his head to drive away his thoughts.

The whole afternoon class, he just thinks of Mia. He had many things that gets tangled inside his head. First, her complexion. She’s very pale like a sick person or rather there is no flowing blood on hers. Second, her lips. It’s cold and no hue of pink or red, even her lips were pale. Third, her sudden appearance when he’s looking for his lost bracelet. She suddenly showed up and said she picked it up. Fourth, when Kei said that he didn’t have a classmate named Mia.

‘Arggh ! I don’t want to think!’

“Oi! Ren!”

He jumped out when he heard Saki called him.

“What the hell is happening to you? I called you for the nth time!”

“S-Sorry.”

“What’s wrong?” Yuu asked. He shook his head.

“Saki, do you still remember the girl on the old dormitory? Do you know her face?” Ren asked Saki. He just want to confirm the thoughts that bothered him since this afternoon.

“Why did you ask? You want to visit the old dormitory again?” She laughed.

“Just answer it!”

“Relax dude! Okay, I do not really know her face. Rumors said that you will mistakenly identified her as a student here because she’s also wearing our uniform. She also made appearances on different students. Some said that she looks like the girl in the painting we saw last night.” Saki confessed.

His jaw dropped upon hearing her story. She looks like the girl in the painting? There is only one room who has a painting on it. He suddenly felt nervous. Don’t tell me--

Just in time as he looked on the corridor, he saw her walked by. She waved at me when she passed by. He immediately ran after her but as he checked the corridor, no traces of her were found. It’s impossible for her to disappear because their room was the dead end of that floor. Also there were no stairs found on the direction she walked to. ‘I’m having goosebumps! This is not funny anymore!’ Ren thought.

“Ren? What happened?” Ryo asked. The three of them followed him.

“Did you see the girl who just passed by?” Ren asked.

They looked at each other.

Saki placed her hand on his forehead. “Ren, are you sick?”

He removed her hands. “What?”

“We didn’t saw anyone passed by.” Yuu answered.

“Seriously? There’s a girl who passed by just now! The girl of the old dormitory!” He was already panicking.

“Swear, we didn’t saw anyone.” Ryo said.

Ren didn’t asked anymore.

Yuu patted him on his shoulders. “Relax. There are no ghosts.”

He just nod. He’s too tired to argue. There were many questions that keeps running on his head and yet no answers could be found.

“Let’s go?” Saki asked. They have a band practice later for their upcoming live performance. Ren tapped his cheeks to concentrate.

He wished that his guesses were not true… or else...

He subconsciously touched his lips.

A ghost kissed me? !

 

--

A/N : Sorry for the late update ~! T^T 

Hope you like this chapter ^^