Chapter 1 - DEATH

Autumn Souls

Ren's POV

White ceiling. Unknown scent. Silence.

Those were the three things that welcomed me when I woke up on an unfamiliar place. 'Where am I?'

I went outside of the room.

Panicked voices were heard at the room beside mine. 'What's happening?'

I saw my parents crying outside that room. My dad tried to comfort my mom who was on verge of breaking down. She's crying intensely. Her eyes were already puffed and red.

"Mom. What's wrong?". I asked her, but she didn't even bother to look at me. My dad was just silent but he's also crying. He gently path my mom's head while saying, "He's gonna be okay".

Out of curiosity, I peeked at the slightly opened door of that room. It was an emergency room. I saw a sign indicating it. 4 nurses and 2 doctors filled the room. All of them were on rush. I can hear the clinking of medical instruments they use to treat a person lying unconsciously on the hospital bed.

"What's his condition?" one of the doctors asked.

"Not good sensei." the female nurse answered and gave the doctor her notes. The doctor reviewed the notes.

"Sensei! The patient's heartbeat is decreasing rapidly!"

"WHAT ?!"

They panicked when a straight line and a long beep sound filled the air. They immediately performed defibrillation to the patient. I tried to walk towards them to see who is the person they were reviving. I gasped when one of the nurses walk through me as if I'm invincible. 'What the heck is happening?' . He neither saw me. I tried to touch him but my hand just slipped upon his body. My body froze for a moment, trying to reconcile all the thoughts that is running on my mind.

'He cannot see me, nor feel me. My hand just pass through his body. My parents were crying outside this room. And I can't feel myself. I feel that I'm just a thin air... like a ghost.'

My head slowly turn to the person lying unconsciously on the bed. 'Is that me?' I saw my own body as the doctors and nurses desperately reviving my vital signs. 'I'm dead? But what happened?!' .

I was about to touch my own self when a bright light suddenly beamed all over the place. I covered my eyes with my arms. A few seconds later, the bright light disappeared. I slowly opened my eyes. I saw myself on a different room. 'Where am I this time?'

I saw a figure lying on the bed. It was covered with a white cloth. My heart beat starts to race. I don't want to see my own body lying lifeless at this moment. 'I'm dead right?'.

"Don't worry it's not yet your time."

I startled when somebody spoke. I saw a man near the window. He's wearing black tuxedo with a black weird notebook on his right hand. His features were like on mid 40's.

"Who are you?"

"You don't need to know."

The unknown man walked towards the bed, removing the white cloth that covered the dead body of a girl. Her skin was pale. The surrounding of her eyes were slowly turning into light purple. Her lips were dry with a hue of white and light pink. Her eyebrows were meeting in the center. Dry trail of tears were on her bruised face. There are blood clots on her cheeks and neck. Her expression says she's not yet ready to face death.

As soon as the man touched her forehead, a bright light came from her. A few seconds later, her soul was slowly separated from her body.

"Wh-What are you doing?"

He smiled.

"Her suffering already ended. She's peacefully sleeping now."

Fear enveloped my whole body. 'Is he insane?'. I feel my hands were already trembling. Its my first time to see a soul separating from a body. I saw the changes on the girl's physical appearance. The bruise and blood clots on her face and neck were gone. Her lips drew a slim smile. She already garb a calm expression on her face. The trails of tears were now gone. She's sleeping peacefully.

"Who the hell are you? Why did you take her soul?!" I asked with a fearful tone.

"She can't live the way like she used to. The accident she encountered bore a traumatic experience to her. Her body can't take it even if she survived."

"But--"

"Rest assured, she's in good hands."

Those were the final words I heard before a bright light beamed again all over the place. I felt I was being absorbed by that light. My body felt a warm heat until --

"HAH!"

I suddenly rose from bed, breathing heavily while warm sweat covered my face. My whole body was shaking. I dream of it again. The incident 2 years ago is still haunting me. My eyes started to cloud with tears.

We had a traumatic car accident 2 years ago. I am with Haru, who is a childhood friend of mine and Yuu. I love her for a long time, but I do not have the enough courage to tell her. First, I don't want our friendship to crack because of my own feelings. And second, she already love somebody else, which happened to be Yuu. Back to my story, we had an accident but sadly , she didn't made it on the hospital. She was dead on arrival. Since then, regret accompanied my everyday life. I killed her.

My cellphone vibrated at the side table. I immediately scoop it and unlock the screen. The message came from Saki.

'Are you awake?' It says.

Hara. She's one of my most trusted friend. She's a member of a famous band on Eastern Cataleya Academy. We're consists of 5 members namely; Ohara Saki (vocals and guitar), Nakajima Yuu (drums), Nakagawa Ryo (bass) , Odagawa Kei (piano) and myself (vocals and sax). We're all in third year senior high. We've been doing live performances in and out of the school. Many agencies were already scouting us, but Saki turned them down. She believed that we are not yet ready to face the world entertainment. We understand her We're still high school students and we want to concentrate first on our studies. Saki is our leader in terms of decision making. She has an angelic voice. In fact, many talent agencies were scouting her as a solo singer, but she declined it. She's not into fame thing. She just wants to sing for everybody and listen to their genuine comments over our performances. We all agreed to her principles. We had a strong bond with each other. We always hang-out together, perform on streets together and make stupid and crazy stuffs together. Kawaguchi Haru is also a part of our group. She's originally our manager, but when she had an accident, Saki replaced her position, doing all the stuffs that Haru did. We didn't recruit anyone that can replace Haru because no one can replace her. She's a part of our group, and will always be.

I checked the time. It's already 3:00 am.

'Just woke up. Why?' I replied.

In less than a minute she replied.

'We will conduct a ghost hunting. Ryo and I. You need to come!'

My eyes widened.

G-Ghost Hunting?

I felt my whole body shivered. That's the last thing I wanted to do. At least. No. That's the top thing I DO NOT WANT TO DO. It's not that I do not want it to do , but. . . I'm scared! I'm scared of seeing a ghost or any supernatural being. I'm a big scaredy cat. Even if a small rushing sound from bathroom, my feet will automatically run for my life. I'm not also fond of watching horror movies. I assure you, I scream more than a girl would do. With this, Saki and Ryo always made fun of me. I do not want the whole school to know I'm such a big coward guy. It's a shame for someone like Yamada Ren.

'No thanks. I'll pass.' I replied.

I know for a fact that they will put a prank again on me.

I was about to go back to sleep when I heard something fell on my bathroom.

WAAAAAH ! I literally jumped out of the bed!

Why on a time like this?! It's 3:00 AM for Pete's sake ! Some people believe that it is called the devil's hour. I need to get out of here! Even if I sleep with my pets on the couch it's okay, than to sleep in this haunted room! For this past few weeks, I always woke up by a sound coming from the bathroom. At first I didn't paid attention to it, but it always occured like this time.

I quickly ran to the door of my room. In haste, I stumbled on an obstruction that results to hit my forehead on the knob I'm searching.

"DAMN!"

I cursed. I waited for a few seconds before opening the lights.

Panicked felt when I saw a reddish spot on my forehead. I tried to touch but I winced because of the aching sensation.

I grab a baseball bat and went towards the bathroom. Slowly, I pushed the door and opened the lights. I saw... NOTHING. I sigh in relieved.

The lump created on my forehead started to ache worstly.

'It's all Saki's fault! Damn!'

I treated the result of my cowardly act and put myself again to sleep.

---

Hello everyone how's the first chapter? ^_^ 

Kindly vote or comment if you like 

_G