Chapter 2 - SUMMIT

Autumn Souls

Chapter 2 - SUMMIT

“Ohayo Ren!”

A familiar, joyous voice welcomed Ren’s presence as he entered the classroom. A girl with a mushroom-like short hair beamed him with her super cute smile. Her eyes were like a brown orb. Her bangs were slightly scattered on her forehead. Her crooked tooth made her more cute as she smiles. But that won’t fall for me, for she’s the one who was at fault for my injury last night. Ohara Saki may have an innocent look outside but she’s really a sly.

“There’s no good in the morning.” Ren answered in an annoying tone. How can his morning be good? First, the incident last night. Second, his fans welcomed him in a high spirit. As he set his feet on the gate of ECA , they were already gone crazy. Some waved their banners, some tried to give him their presents, some tried to make him sign on their books. They were shoving each other that caused someone to accidentally hit his jaw. He winced when the girl’s elbow made a good punch on him. ‘She can be a professional boxer someday.’ Good thing the security made their rescue. The girl who hit Ren apologized but his other fangirls crowded the poor girl and gave her a punishment. He took the chance to escape while they were busy with her.

“You’re so mean!” Saki pouted and pressed Ren’s cheeks.

“Don’t start with me, Saki.”

She just smiled and leave him alone. Her attention shifted to Nakagawa Ryo, the funny bassis of SUMMIT, who was busy watching on his cellphone. For sure, he’s watching some music videos of her idol, Kanna. Kanna, is a member of one famous girl group in Japan. She’s a part of the class but seldoms attended class because of work.

“Kanna again?” Saki asked with a mix of irritation on her voice.

“So? Uwaaaah! She’s so cute! She’s an angel sent from heaven to bring love and peace on Earth!” Ryo said. His smiles were wide and his eyes were sparkling as he watched Kanna danced. He’s like being absorbed on ther world.

“Angel? Wow Ryo, you’re over complimenting her. She’s pretty thanks to makeup.”

“You’re mean Saki. Kanna is a true beauty, with or without makeup. You’re just jealous.” Ryo defended and stuck his tongue to her.

“I’m not jealous!” she said and hit Ryo on his back.

Well don’t mind them. It’s natural for them to fight like that, teasing each other. Saki doesn’t like Kanna. In fact, they were half-sisters. One reason why Saki doesn’t want them  to get exposed on entertainment world, she doesn’t like the idea that people will give a false accusation that she’s challenging her own sister. She was also given a special treatment in condition that she will pass her major examinations. She’s a beauty and brain, which the opposite of Saki. Saki was just sluggish to study that is why she’s always compared to Kanna.

Ren moved to them and knock a book on their heads. “Stop it. If you have time to quarrel, just study for our lessons today.”

“It’s Ryo’s fault!”

“I’m busy fanboying here. You started.”

“Wow Ryo.”

“Stop!”

“Areh? Ren, what happened to your face? Your nose and jaw were swollen.” Saki asked with a worried tone when she noticed Ren’s injury. Her soft and slender fingers slightly caressed his jaw. It somehow made an distinctive sensation to him.

“Why don’t you asked yourself?” Sarcastic smile drew on Ren’s lips.

“Me?” she asked with an innocent expression.

“Maybe it’s Ryo? Who the hell texted me with your supposedly activity after class at  3:00 in the morning?”

From a worried face, Saki suddenly barrage a loud laugh from , making  the entire class made their full attention to us.

“Don’t tell me Ren… did you fall on your bed?” She asked in a low voice, trying to contain her overflowing happiness on teasing me.

“Seriously Ren?” Ryo chorused with her laugh. “You’re the best men!”

Ren feel embarrassed by their tease.

“Ren, were not yet on our destination and this thing already happened? What about if we're already on it?”

“This is all your fault Saki!” He buried her head in his arms and acted like he’s  going to strangled her to death.

“Hahaha! I-Itai Ren! Hahaha I can’t breathe!” The both of them laugh.

“Stop it.” A cold voice suddenly made its way between Saki and Ryo’s chorused giggles. Both of them stopped as they saw Yuu and Kei standing on the door.

“Yuu.”

Meet Yuu. One of Ren’s childhood friends. He has a stoic image but deep inside he’s the joker of the group. He’s Ren’s rival when it comes to Haru. In fact, he’s the one she likes, but Yuu didn’t knew it. It’s just a secret between Haru and Ren.

“Let her go Ren.”

He obeyed him.

“Thanks Yuu. You’re a lifesaver!” Saki smiled at him.

They  were surprised when Yuu suddenly lifted her like a sack of rice on his shoulders.

“Cho-chotto Yuu! Put me down! I thought you’re my savior!” Saki struggled as Yuu took her away.

They followed them until they stopped on the bulletin board near the entrance. There was a poster pinned on it. The group  laughed when they saw the contents of the said poster.

“You’re dead Saki. Better to prepare yourself.” Ryo said followed by an endless laugh.

Please watch SUMMIT’s LIVE Performance @ Maxxx’s Café on Friday night. First 10 fans to buy our ticket will get a FREE KISS from Yuu! See you there! -Saki Ohara.

Those were the words written on the ad posted by Saki. Maxxx’s Cafe is where they always do their gig. It was managed by Haru’s parents.

Yuu put down Saki. “Can you please explain it to me Saki?”

The cold voice of Yuu made Saki’s body to shiver. She probably knows that Yuu was really angry at her.

Well we can’t blame Yuu. He’s a woman hater. He despised getting involved with girls. It all started when his mom escaped with another man, leaving him under his father’s custody. But it turns out that his father was a big drunkard and every time he was drunk, he always beat Yuu.

When his father died because of cancer, he learned to stand on his own feet. He’s working as a part-timer at Maxxx. But fate was really enjoying playing with him, his first girlfriend betrayed him. From there on, he planted on his mind that he can’t trust girls. Only Haru and Saki were the exception.

“Yuu, it’s just a marketing strategy to help Unlce Max!”

“But he’s rich. He doesn’t need the money we earned on our performances.”

“Yuu. It’s just a kiss on the cheek. You’re over reacting!”

Both of them were getting pissed.

“I will not do it for God’s sake Saki! You know how much I despised girls.”

Saki looked at him. “Are you gay Yuu? I’m just helping you to get a girlfriend.”

“I don’t need a girlfriend.” With that, Yuu left them.

Saki turned her gaze to them, asking for help.

“Don’t force him Saki. Why don’t you assigned Ryo to do it instead? I’m sure he’s willing.” Ren grinned. Ryo was known as a womanizer. He’s the most flirtatious guy among them.

“Why are you deciding for me?” Ryo asked.

“I know you want it.” Ren winked then left them to follow Yuu.

 

---

How's the second chapter ?

Sorry for the wrong grammar & typo T^T

Hope you like it ^^