Sweet Dream Number 12

Love Has No Borders

“Be careful when you enter.” Kibum advised Clara. “ The boys might jump on you and with your condition…”

“Understood I’ll be careful.” Clara answered  for the nth time since they left the hospital.

As expected Clara did not travel back in time and she was still in Korea, worrying for her future. Will she be stuck there without her identification papers forever? How will she explain to her father, after she left without a word, how she won’t come back ever?

Few days before her release date Kibum made her stand in the middle of her room. He looked at her from head to toe and then walked around the clueless Clara. He then stopped in front of her only to sigh loudly.

“You are so big…” he let out.

“What?!” Clara almost screamed but luckier for Key she couldn’t.

“I don’t mean that you are, but for an Asian point of view you are…How will I find clothes that fit you?”

“Clothes? I have mine… here.”

Her voice softened. She had but they were all stained with blood, and not to mention that she needed and bras… How could she live there without underwear to change?

“Are you planning to buy clothes for me ?” She bit her lower lip ashamed because she was such a trouble for Key. “I can just use your oversized clothes. I don’t need any. I won’t stay here for long anyway!” She said not even convinced with her own words.

“You don’t even believe your own words. How can I let you borrow only my clothes? That won’t do. I’ll ask Adelina. I need to go now, go back to bed and rest until D-day.”

He left the room letting Clara alone in a place she couldn’t even understand what they said on TV. But well at least she was alive. She wished TV had English subs so she could understand the dramas airing.

On D-day Key went to pick her up with a lot of different types of clothes. Adelina found clothes that fit her but didn’t know her style so Key just bought them all with the excuse “Now she’ll have clothes to change often”. Clara looked at them all. There were T-shirts, shirts, skirts, shorts, pants, dresses and other kind in all different colors. There were way too many for a few days, but Clara was wondering how many “few days” she would stay there unable to go back.

“Try them on. They should be your size. Adelina worked well and hard to find them.”

“All of them? I can’t do that now. I’m just going to chose one outfit and will try them on later.”

Clara chose a blue dress with white dots and was surprised on how good it fit her. It was just her size. She never found an outfit that would fit her that much. She spun and stopped facing Kibum.

“I like it so much! Thank you!” She smiled at him.

Key stood there not moving with an open mouth. Clara walked closer and waved her hand in front of his face.

“Kibum? Kim Kibum? Hello, hello, this is Moon, can you hear me Earth?”

“Yes, what? Hum… let’s go.” He said when he got his mind back.

Clara was just so pretty and shining in that dress, how was it possible to be that stunning? He one’s heel and signed to the British girl to follow.

“One day I’ll repay it all. I promise that one day, I will do as much as you did for me the last few days. Thank you from the bottom of my heart Kim Kibum.” Clara solemnly told him before he opened the door and they left the room.

“Why are you so serious suddenly?” He replied while facing her again.

But all he could see was Clara’s back because she was bowing to him.

“I owe you my life, without you I wouldn’t be breathing anymore. So, I’ll try my best to not be a burden for you.” She voiced while standing again.

Key was voiceless, what could he answer her? Why now out of the blue? Plus he didn’t do much…

“Let’s go Kim Kibum! We need to free the room, no?” She smiled widely at him.

*~*

“There you have the living room; right next to it you have the kitchen…” Key was showing his flat to Clara, explaining where everything she could need was. They finally reached the dressing room, that Clara always wanted to see and to be lost in it.

“Here is my dressing room and right in front you have the bedroom.” Kibum was still explaining.

“Kibum, Kibum, wait… Can I enter this room? Because I have that many clothes and it would be better to store them properly… no?” She tried to convince him with a good excuse.

“You want to store them in here?” He looked a bit embarrassed.

“Ah, if you don’t want, it’s ok! It was because I don’t want to put them in a mess in a corner. They are new clothes…”

“No, no it’s not that… It’s that I didn’t tidy it up. It looks like a war happened inside.”

There was a few seconds of silence and then Clare burst into laughter, a hurtful laughter. Kibum’s face was the funniest ever.

“It’s ok it’s ok, I’ll just put them properly somewhere else.” she somehow apologised for embarrassing him. “Let’s continue the visit.”

Key then walked to the next door at the end of the corridor. He opened the door that revealed a big bedroom. A big queen size bed was against the right wall and was well made. In front of the bed was a corner desk that followed the wall perfectly. The desk was full of papers, a laptop and several other things.

“What is this on your desk?” Clara asked full of curiosity.

“Nothing! You can’t read them.”

“Is this your next comeback song’s lyrics, or a drama, or a play?”

Clara ran to the desk, more to than to really read them. Key ran faster than her and started tidying the desk, hiding them bit by bit in the drawer under the table.

“Let me see! I promise I won’t say anything!”

She grabbed one and pretended to read, but even if she tried it was all in Korean. However Kibum seemed to have forgotten that she couldn’t read his language and they played a strange catch me game all around the bedroom until Key grabbed her by her waist to reach her hand on top of her head. That action made both of them lose their balance and fall on the bed. Key lessened the fall by placing his hands on both sides of Clara who was right under him. There were only a few centimeters between them. They could feel each other breath on their cheeks; feel the warmth of each others bodies. Clara’s cheeks tinted with a cute pink and Key felt his heart beat faster than usual. Both had a hard time swallowing.

“Hum, if…if you continue to try to read I’ll kiss you!” Key threatened Clara trying to make the scene more funny than serious.

“Ha, Ha ha, here. Here it is, your paper. I can’t even read Korean, don’t you know?”

Key grabbed the paper Clara gave him and stood up as fast as lighting while Clara sat on the bed a bit shy because of what happened.

“WHERE THE IS CLARA??!!”

Gabriel was getting mad. Clara had disappeared since a week and no one was worrying. Why Clara’s brother did came and left without even saying a word to him? And why is he the one living in Clara’s flat?  What do Lila know and can’t tell him?

“Clara is in danger right? It has something to do with her crisis from last time? You are keeping silent so that you can protect her?! I know everything Lila, now tell me! Would I ever do something that could hurt her? Tell me now!”

Lila kept silent, she couldn’t say a word. Whatever she could tell him he wouldn’t trust it anyway. She poured water in one glass and head to her room but Gab grabbed her wrist and pulled her to him.

“I don’t like secret, you know I don’t right?”  He said looking at her with madness in his eyes.

“I…”

“And I hate lies even more! Is she in danger!? Is that why you stay silent? TELL ME!”

“Yes! Yes she is! In a very big danger! Her brother asked me to keep quiet about it! Now release me!” She lied to her old friend. It was the only thing he would trust and she had no other way to escape the monster he became.

“I knew it! She is hiding, right?” He tightened his grasp.

“She is. Somewhere I don’t know. I can’t say more. Ben just told me to not worry, that she was fine but hidden. Is this enough for you? This is all I know. Release me now! Please… you are hurting me…” She wined a bit.

Gabriel released her violently and slapped the door of his room behind him. Lila startled walked quickly to her room locking the door once inside.

“Clara please, come back quickly. This is getting messy here…”

*~*

Ben couldn’t leave his sister’s flat. It was as if he wanted to have a strong link with Clara. As if he wanted to act as a magnet attracting his sister back. He was hoping she was alright. He couldn’t stop remembering that day where he thought his precious sister was dead. He was replaying that day again and again and it wouldn’t stop until he saw her like he saw her that day. When she was taken outside of that room a emergency blanket around her body, her eyes looking at nothing, her hands on her ears and how she didn’t recognize her family at all. It was so clear that she wouldn’t overcome the situation alone. Avoiding all his mother and father scolding, he crossed the line, dodged every emergency staff and stopped in front of Clara. He was in front of her but her eyes were still back in, he could almost see the terror she saw and he froze for a second. But the second he placed his smaller hands on hers, her eyes suddenly became human again, suddenly she could see again, suddenly she was back. Tears fell down her cheeks and she hugged her little brother like she never did before. She was alive and those tears were the proof, the little boy he was then cried with her, but not of sadness since he was so happy that she was alive.

Ben really hoped that this time she wouldn’t be just alive, but she would be fine, really fine, her heart and her head…

Key packed some clothes and prepared his sons to go out.

“Why are you packing? What are you doing?” Clara asked surprised.

“I put fresh clean sheets on the bed, there is food in the fridge, I left some money where I told you and the key is on the door. Ah the passcode to enter the building is written on a paper in the living room.” Kibum listed.

“Wait? You’re leaving?”  She questioned following him down the corridor stopping at the entrance.

“Yes, you need rest and it’s not with me and the boys that you will have any.” He smiled and grabbed the door handle.

“Oh wait! Wait, wait, wait Mr Kim! You are lending me your whole flat?! I don’t accept that. No… I can’t accept that! You already did so much for me, lending me your sofa would be waaay enough!”

“A person in convalescence shouldn’t sleep on a sofa.”

“A person in convalescence needs life around her to be better faster! And that has been proved!” Clara crossed her arms like a very clever girl.

“I can’t let a person that faced death sleep on a sofa! No way I’m doing that!”

“Then don’t you have a futon? I…”

Actually, Clara was scared to be alone. It was a stupid fear since she was far from London, but she passed the few past days always with noise around her room, with visits of the nurse, the doctors and Kibum. Being suddenly alone was scary as hell.

“I… I’m scared to be alone. You can say I’m stupid you can call me all the names you want but…” Clara’s hands began to shake “I’m frightened.”

Clara hugged herself trying to control her shaking body and looked away biting her lips. Key almost said something to tease but when he saw that, he kept it to himself. It was clear that the girl in front of him wasn’t fine and was really scared.

“Okay, fine, I’ll stay. But I am the one using the futon. You have the bedroom. Call?”

Clara faced Kibum who was reaching out to her. She took his hand -  funny how hers fit so perfectly in his - and they shook hands to seal the agreement.

“Call!” Clara smiled weakly.  

ok so .. punch me, hit me scold me, curse me ><

Im so late I know ;; I had final exam to pass and then Ilost inspi ><

But now I'm back!! 

So tell me how did you like this chapter? ^^ Gabriel is terrifies me tbh ><

Comment, like, upvote ~

Chu

Lexie