Sweet Dream Number 10

Love Has No Borders

“I’ll be fast!’

Kibum had left Clara and she hoped that he’ll be really fast. She was scared to die alone. She closed her eyes wondering if it could fasten the time but when she opened them she was in her bathroom again.

The bath bulb was really cold or maybe it was her body. Suddenly someone appeared in the entrance, someone she knew, her brother.

“Clara!

-Ben…

“Oh my … Clara… What happened? There’s mess everywhere. I-I barely could enter your flat… - The little brother was panicking.

-I’m… so sorry Benny.

-I’m calling an ambulance! Keep breathing! You can’t die, please… - His eyes were getting wet.

-Don’t… They did already.

-They? What you are saying? – The little brother was worried his sister was losing her mind.

-Listen… I… Phone… You. Give it to me…

-Your phone? There, but why do you want it? - He asked.

-The fire… Did you stop the fire under the pan? – Her flat couldn’t burn out.

- I forgot! I’m going now, don’t die, okay?

-Yes. – She answered unsure.”

She took a painful breath and was back in this noisy corridor.

“Clara! Oh my god! I thought you were gone for real!”

Key was right in front her and had the fear of his life. When he got back she wasn’t there anymore and the image of her dead somewhere alone was terrifying.

“You really need to be stable. You have to stop disappearing. It’s dangerous.”

Clara wasn’t in any state to refuse anything but she trusted Kibum. The young idol took from his pocket the other jade bracelet that he got from the fortune teller and tried to place it around the wrist of the wounded girl. He tried several times that fail because Clara wasn’t in a solid state. He took the white bracelet inside both his hands and begged to it “Please, please, help Clara, please”. He tried once more time. Surprisingly, this time he could touch her and place the bracelet around her wrist.

The bracelet shined of pure white and Clara stopped being hologram like bits by bits. At that moment his red one shined too as to answered Clara’s.

Kibum smiled seeing that his idea worked. He grabbed her shoulders and hugged her.

“It worked! – He said relieved.”

But his smile disappeared when he saw in what state she really was and how stained of blood his outfit was. Clara saw his reaction and grabbed his sleeve.

“I’m scared… to be... alone… - She barely let out.

-I-I won’t leave you alone, don’t worry we will save you. Now you can be treated, so, everything will go alright. I promise you, hum? – He told her taking her hand in his.”

“We have to.” He whispered to himself before getting some news about the ambulance arriving by his noisy maknae, hearing that good news gave him hopes.

“You hear that Clara, they’ll be here soon! Be Strong, just a little bit longer. I’ll stay with you; I’ll come with you so that you won’t be alone. I won’t leave you, alright? –He tried to smile so that the girl would stop worrying about death.

-Can’t… Perf… – Words were getting really hard, and her brain was lacking of oxygen.

-I’ll come! You don’t speak Korean how will you do with the docs? – He tried to convince her.

-No… Work”

Her pain was getting unbearable, she was losing consciousness slowly, and speaking was like being stabbed with each word.

“Work, important. – She said these two words closed her eyes, her hand falling from Key’s grab, she was so tired.

-Clara? Clara, look at me! – He patted her cheeks and she looked back at him. - I can’t let you go alone! I can’t do that!

-I’ll go with her. – Said a feminine voice toward them.

-Adelina? – asked Key.

-She is right. You can’t leave and skip the performance. How will you justify your absence to the fans? I’ll take good care of her, okay?”

Kibum was very worried to let his girl alone with someone she barely knew, but he trusted Adelina. Adelina was trustworthy and reliable, Clara was in good hands.

The stylist told him to change with the second outfit taken in case the first one fails. The one he was wearing was red of blood. Before leaving Clara’s side he told her he’ll come right after the end of the performance, and took a last looked at her.

“Be safe, be strong and live, and promise me you’ll do that? – He asked

-Don’t get hurt … - She answered him.

-Look who’s talking? – He tried to joke but Clara didn’t answer losing her conscious once again. She was so tired to fight back all her pain. – Take care of her Adelina.

-Yes”

Jinki’s girlfriend looked after Clara until the ambulance arrived and took her to the hospital. They covered her wound and tried to stop the bleeding as much as possible during her transport.

During that time, SHINee was performing their new song trying to be as cheerful as its meaning. All their moods weren’t at it though.

At the hospital some nurses gave Adelina the admission paper. She read it and realized that in fact the only information they all knew about this girl was her name.

“How are we going to fill this?” She said looking worried at the closed operating room.

After the end of their performance SHINee left the stage very fast and change clothes with the same stamina, jumped inside the car and Onew called Adelina.

“Dela? It’s Jinki. How is Clara?

-Hi darling. She’s till in the operating room. The surgeon looked very worried when he got charged with Clara. I hope everything is going fine, because we can’t fill her info. What if she dies here and no one will know?”

Jinki tried to find calming words but saw how Kibum reacted. He never saw him like this. He had hard time, he had a very bad mood period, he even hated him at some stage but he has never seen him that devastated. Whatever the words he knew it wouldn’t be enough.

“Which hospital? – Jinki asked to end this torture.

-Taemin Hospital. Come fast please. –She answered.

-We’re on the way. – Jinki hung up. ”

When the five boys finally arrived they almost run to the entrance.

“Excuse-us, we’re looking for the room of Clara, a white girl.

-Oh the stabbed one? - They all agreed nodding - That poor girl… I’m happy people come to see her. I thought she was a foreigner alone. She is still in operating room though. This way at the end of the corridor.

-Thank you! – said the five men as one voice.”

Her colleague came right behind her and patted her shoulders.

“Wasn’t it SHINee!? Oh dear god!”

But the other nurse claim it couldn’t be.

They walked quickly to the end of the corridor room and met Adelina whose eyes were empty looking at nothing. Key run to her and squat in front of her.

“How is she? How is Clara? –He questioned the stylist.

-I don’t know Kim Kibum – She answered popping out of her bubble. – We need to wait the end of the surgery.”

After 30min Clara got out still unconscious and the surgeon came to meet them. His eyes were tired by the operation and his face was very serious.

“Who is his guardian? – The doctor started.”

They answered that they all were.

“We did our best. All the wounds have been repaired but she lost a lot of blood. We will need to wait. There is a possibility that she will never wake up again. You should contact her family.”

The doctor bowed and went away followed by the nurses after they gave them the number of Clara’s room.

They all looked at Kibum digesting this news. They all knew he had more than friend affection for her even if he would deny it. At that moment Kibum’s mind was empty. It was rare and almost impossible for him to have nothing coming up but at that right moment it was the case. His mind was blank, Clara was alive but at what cost? What if she becomes only a sleeping beauty? What will they say to her family? How will they even contact them? All he knew was her name, that’s not enough to find someone’s relative. He was powerless and that was the worst thing that ever happens in his life after his mother’s illness. He was standing there in the middle of his friends but couldn’t mouth a word, even tears wouldn’t come out. He was frozen, frozen of fear. A fear he would never knew it exist. That fear you have when you lost something very precious before you knew it was precious. He was really hoping that she would wake up, that she would smile to him again. Like when she appears from nowhere, have fun with him and then go back. She had to, she needed to. She couldn’t let life go away so easily.

At that moment his body warmed up and he felt angriness fulling him up. He closed his fits and ran to Clara’s room.  Minho ran behind him but Jonghyun grabbed his arm.

“Let him alone for a bit. Let’s go drink something Minho.”

Once inside he walked closer, he wanted to scream at her, to shake her, to beg her… But seeing all the perfusions, the machine singing her heartbeats his anger let place to sadness. What seriously happened to her? Her panic attack in the library came back in his memory and he wondered if it has something to do with her today’s state. Who would want to kill her though? She looked so soft, so nice, how could someone hate her that much?

He sat on a chair next to the bed and looked at her. Her too pale face was almost all covered by the oxygen mask but she still looked so pretty. He brushed away a strand of hair from her eyes and caressed her once pink cheek. She was alive, the monitor was a proof.

“Please, come back to us. Don’t let go. – he mumbled softly.”

Suddenly, some noise came from the corridor and stopped in front of the door. Key stood up to scold those people. Patient needed calm and quiet place to heal. But before he reached it, the door opened to two young people. They entered rashly and totally ignored him while running to the bed.

“KIM KIBUM!! – The young girl screamed restrained by a man to crash on the body in the bed.”

Kibum was annoyed. How could she scream that loud in a hospital!

“Can you not scream please? This is politeness! Plus there is no Kim Kibum in this bed.”

The woman stopped and looked at Key widening her eyes.

“Key! Are you okay?”

This is when Key realized that the young woman was Go Joo Hee.

“I saw in some of my friend’s snapchat story that something happened at the studio. You… You had so much blood everywhere!

-Uh? Is that a reason to run and scream inside a hospital? – He said upset.

-I was worried! – She tried to justify herself.

-Why are you so hard with Joo Hee? – The young man asked Key. – Do you think that because you’re a celeb you can do whatever you want?

-May I know who you are? Why do you allow yourself to judge? – He was not in the mood already and those two were playing with his patience.

-I am Joo Hee best friend! My name is…”

Before he could end his sentence Key looked away because Clara’s monitoring were making some strange noise and Clara was shaking.  A doctor army entered and made her calm again. They told Kibum that happen a lot and that there were nothing to worry about. “She maybe had a bad dream” one doctor even joked.

Key sat back next to Clara looking at her sadly. What kind of bad dream? Was she locked in a library? Was she stabbed once again? Maybe his voice could help her dream about better things?

“Clara, Clara do you hear me?”

He started and continued saying the first thing coming up in his mind.

“So it was Clara that explains a lot. – Go Joo Hee said disgusted.”

Key ignored the intern stylist hateful comment. He suddenly needed to go to toilet and so left Clara’s side for a moment looking at Joo Hee on his way with warning in his eyes. The stylist ignored the warning and walked to the bed side.

“What is so special about you? How are you better than me in his eyes? It’s not like if you met a lot. I know him better than you. I won’t ever let him go for a white girl like you. – She said frustrated -   Let’s go Jin ah! There’s nothing I want to see here… - She conclude.

-Joo Hee… - The friend tried to comfort her.

-Just let’s go. – Joo Hee told him harshly.”

She turned away from the bed and walked out. Joo Hee was walking fast to escape what she just saw with her best friend behind trying to follow when she crossed the SHINee Squad.

“Go Joo Hee? – Exclaimed Adelina – What are you doing here?”

All the boys stopped and looked at the two young people with the same question in their eyes. Go Joo Hee looked at all of them seeing how some were wearing clothes wrongly revealing how they ran out of the studio to here. Meaning that they were as worried as Key about that unknown girl.

“Yes, I do ask myself the same question. – She simply replied.”

Then Joo Hee walked away leaving all the friends clueless for a moment until they shrugged and headed to Clara’s room. There they found Key speaking to her about nonsense and they found that so cute. They patted his back one by one and smiled to him saying that she will be fine then found a place to sit. SHINee was so noisy as usual and somewhat it was giving Kibum more strength. He even laughed at some Jinki’s bad puns. Then suddenly a phone rang. They all looked at their phone but it was none of theirs.

“Oh! Clara had mobile with her! – Adelina quickly remembered.”

Key looked around and found it on the bed side table.

“Hello? – He greeted nervously.

-Hello… You’re not Clara. Who are you? – A man voice asked.

-I am… Clara’s friend. – He told the boy hesitating. – And who are you?

-I’m Clara’s little brother! Where is my sister? I want to talk with her! – Ben ordered.”

That was it. Her family called. What was he going to tell them?

“She is at Taemin Seoul Hospital, she got stabbed and got treated right now she…

-What hospital? I know she got hurt! I saw it! Why did you say Seoul?!

-Taemin, Taemin Hospital. It’s a big hospital in the center of Seoul. I am sorry about your sister being attack like this. The doctor said… - Once again he got stopped by the brother.

-Center of what? SEOUL? If this is a joke this IS NOT funny! How could she be in Seoul right now? She was right in front of my eyes hours ago! She was in London she couldn’t have made the trip to Seoul that fast! Tell me where she really is! – That man claiming to be his sister friend was not funny.

-London? – London? She was in London? So she wasn’t leaving in South Korea at all? The fact that she couldn’t read nor speak his language became obvious but why would she hide it? – I don’t know how this is possible but I’m sorry she really is in Seoul right now. The doctor treated her and she survived but … she isn’t in capacity to answer you right now. She maybe will not ever be… again. The surgeon did his best but… We’ll need your help to fill the hospital form in case of.”

A blank and some tears could be heard from the phone.

“So you’re telling me that my sister could never wake up and that she is kilometers away? How did all this happen? How will I tell our Dad that past finally caught Clara?  I’ll give you what you need, tell me.”

Past? What past? What did Clara lived in her past? This word bothered Key but he didn’t really know if he wanted to know the whole story. He grabbed the paper registration and asked for all the info he needed. The only problem that came up is her passport number. If she travelled the way she did, she didn’t pass by the frontiers controls and so was illegally in South Korea. What were they going to do? They just decided to skip that box and advertise in function.

Once finished Ben excused his self and hung up. Key felt so burden and sorry for this brother who seemed dead by the news about his sisters.

 

 

What the hell was this story about Clara in Seoul? Like she was in the bathroom 2hrs ago! Maybe Lila would know. Since Lila was her best friend she surely would know something even if not fully. He quitted Clara’s flat and headed to Lila’s in the neighbour tenant.

Once in front the entrance He realized that he didn’t know what Lila’s flat number was or what was Lila’s last name. How will he enter there? He looked into his phone looking for his sister’s best friend mobile number but of course he didn’t have register it. He cursed his self about not saving this number. He dialed Clara’s number once again but no one answered this time. Was something wrong with her? It wasn’t the moment to think that. Anyway if she was really in Seoul he couldn’t do much. He then sent a text message hoping that someone will answer it. He waited in front of the closed doors 10 more minutes when finally he received a text back from his sister’s phone with Lila’s details.

He copied it, saved it and finally dialed it. Lila’s answered it quite fast and opened the doors to Ben telling the floor and the apartment’s number. Ben reached there quickly and met the author with her friend waiting for him at their door. Ben really hated Gabriel. This man was too obsessed by his sister, always calling to know things about Clara, until he stopped answering. He suddenly wondered if he could be the one responsible for Clara’s state.

Gabriel saw how Ben was staring at him, making him do few steps back. “What was with him?”

“I need to be alone with Lila. – Ben introduced without taking his eyes off Gabriel.”

Lila found his reaction a bit weird. Ben had a strange voice at the phone and his behavior was really suspicious. But if he wanted to talk with her it would surely be about Clara, so she accepted.

She asked the little brother to follow her inside her bedroom and locked them in. She understood that he didn’t want Gab to be able to hear what will be said. She then asked what the matter was inviting Ben to sit either on the bed or the desk chair. Ben sat on the chair and began explaining that Clara disappeared, without mentioning the knife incident.

“WHAT?! – Lila screamed out loud.”

If the window was open all the street would have heard her, so Ben jumped from the chair to the bed and covered .

“Can’t you be more discrete? – He reminded the red hair girl.

-Sorry, go on. – She apologized.”

So Ben went on to finish his story by exposing the phone call he had with a man and the info he got from him. Surprisingly, the girl had no reaction or more like she looked amazed.

“Why are you so …amorphous.  Clara disappeared to be in fact at the other side of the world! – He finally let out.

-Because I seem amorphous? – She started. – Come on Clara is physically in Korea surrounded by SHINee!! THIS IS AWESOME AMAZING TERRIFIC!!! It’s like a dream!! I am not calm at all! I’m frozen by how cool this is! Clara is so freaking lucky! – Her eyes were shining so much and had the most handsome smile.”

Lila was all excited, telling how she could interview Clara when she’ll be back. How she would make it a book. This impossible happening was the most romantic and beautiful one she ever imagine. Then she stopped abruptly.

“Wait. Physically? This is a first though. Is she alright? I mean before her body wasn’t traveling but today… Wah this is amazing. – She sighed- I can’t believe it. – She was in total admiration.

-I think so, but you said first?”

It was then Lila’s turn to explain things to Ben. She told him how Clara already traveled via her dreams. Seeing Lila’s serious eyes Ben fell back on his chair in front of the writer. So his sister was really in South Korea? She was there and she could possibly never wake up anymore. What will he do? What will he tell his Dad? He begged really strongly to his sister to wake up and come back to them alive. 

 

 

Hey!

How are you? I took time once again I'm sorry >.<

How did you like this chapter? Will Clara ever wake up?

Answer in the next chapter x)

Love

Lexie